PC+ sale here now, any must-buys for Cararra? The Wrap-up and unfinished business

1789101113»

Comments

• Thank you mindsong, for the great post!  Succinct and elegant.   You are a terrific writer.  And to Silene and Dart -  heart

Yeah, I never expected this thread to last forever.  I just never dreamed that "unfinished business" would include being totally blindsided. sad

But you are right, it's time to move forward.  I obviously have my work cut out for me if I want to become competent in Carrara.

Still, some recent progress.  A few days ago, I finally figured out how to load 3rd party shaders into Carrara.  All it took was reading 3DAGE's instructions offered earlier in the thread.blush  Much easier than I thought.  Both of the shader sets - from Nobiax and Kirk - are excellent.  What a blast to play with!  One final thank you, mindsong and kaz42, for stepping up.

More down the road...

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited January 2017

Oh Man! Petipet strikes again!!!

Okay, he made this Spaceship Antares recently - I love it

Notice the four hangar bays mid-way back - there's four on each side

Then he made some add-ons for it that can actually be used for something other than Antares, but are made to work directly with this model

I have all of them except for the Barracks (far right)

SciFi Cockpit Interior         Sci-Fi Engine Room A                  Psi Med Bay                      Psi Barracks

Well yesterday he released Two more awesome supplements to the series!

Remember how I asked you to notice the hangar bays on the side of Antares? Check this out!

Sci-Fi Hangar A is a fully detailed interior for those bays. I think that they're made to fit directly into those bays. I'll find out when I get it. Either way, it's designed to be detailed hangar bays for the Antares, and it is absolutely packed with details!

Freaking cool, if you ask me!

Remember the other add-ons I mentioned just above? Various locations within the ship, right? Well now he's given us the means to get to and from all of these places in a super-awesome, modular way! Check this out!

Sci-Fi Corridor A is an incredibly detailed modular sci-fi corridor kit that should be really nice no matter what sort of interior we're making. The part that I really love about it is that it is unique from all of my other interior corridors - so not all of my sci-fi corridors will look the same. I really love how he's got all of this stuff matching each other to be this wonderful continous journey throughout his ship - or any other large vessel of your own choosing.

He's even got a stairway module for allowing us to layer stories of corridors and locations - I just love this kit and it's PC+ Affordable too!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited January 2017

...and if that's not enough, Ravenheart strikes again as well, with a Killer (pardon my being literal!) new robot for the Marcoor FG Starship series!

Marcoor Intel Bot - Scorpion doesn't have to be deadly - but certainly can be! It could be just a great, helpful little droid assisting with keeping the ship and equipment in order. Or perhaps a spy?

Whatever the case, check out the details on this thing. What a cool figure!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Sorry for being so Nerdy...

I just can't help myself sometimes!

Oh, and Merlin's cool freebie (PC+ only? Not sure) Tudor Living 1, has both DUF and Poser versions - just FYI

I should also mention that, for those whom may not have the above mentioned Psi Med Bay from petipet, that's also free for a limited time, at the time of this writing yes

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I was going to ask you in general, do Petipet's spaceship interiors fit into the exterior model?

There's also this small fantasy interior from Imaginary House, which is free (again maybe just to PC+, or with purchase etc)

http://www.daz3d.com/fantasy-scene

There's also this small fantasy interior from Imaginary House, which is free (again maybe just to PC+, or with purchase etc)

http://www.daz3d.com/fantasy-scene

That's really cool, Really cool, and I should have mentioned that one as well. I only brought up Merlin's because I wanted to point out that it has Poser files as well... but these new DUF scenes seem to load and work wonderfully - and this one is very nice!

Haven't tried it in Carrara yet, but I'm sure it works nicely ;)

Thanks TangoAlpha

I was going to ask you in general, do Petipet's spaceship interiors fit into the exterior model?

Haven't tried it yet - but I will :)

Another thought - which might be significant if I go into spaceship/sci-fi design later this year - do the sets from different PAs (Corridor A, Stonemason's various kits etc etc) reasonably match up from a kitbashing perspective, or is it Apollo docking with Soyuz all over again? Just wondering if I need to conform to 2 metre corridor widths or somesuch. No reason why it necessarily would. Just wondering . . .

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Excellent!  I totally missed this.  I have a hanger bay in my wishlist, but I like this one even more.

Another thought - which might be significant if I go into spaceship/sci-fi design later this year -

YES!!!  Please do!

I have some definite ideas (which I haven't seen already in the store, so please excuse me if I dont say what they are - don't want to get beaten to it!)

Another thought - which might be significant if I go into spaceship/sci-fi design later this year - do the sets from different PAs (Corridor A, Stonemason's various kits etc etc) reasonably match up from a kitbashing perspective, or is it Apollo docking with Soyuz all over again? Just wondering if I need to conform to 2 metre corridor widths or somesuch. No reason why it necessarily would. Just wondering . . .

Not really. I have a lot of stuff too. But I think that's why I'm never afraid to get yet another SciFi Corridor... it's nice having a variety because when we dock with General Argetroids ship to teach him a lesson as we take back our friends that he's stolen, it's best if those corridors don't even come close to matching those from our ship.

Everything that I have from Stonemason can work very well together, or could also be used separately - which is really cool. TheAntFarm's Rabbit Hole can fit nicely with anything I have from Stonemason, but can aslo easily be entirely different too, which is also cool. My 3-D-C stuff from Renderosity is different entirely. His corridors are more plain and are all free, then he sells the rooms that can be joined together using his corridors - and they don't really match anything else that I have. So those are really cool for using as a unique ship or fleet of ship from the same shipyard(s), much like what we could also do with Stonemason/AntFarm, and then petipet's have their own, unique look as well... and Ravenheart's Marccor series is unique as well, yet could possibly be fit into the Stonemason/AntFarm sets, if we worked them that way.

The petipet ones are harder to match with other things due to their very prominent color scheme - but we could easily change the textures to avoid that - then they'd fit right in with anything we want.

Excellent!  I totally missed this.  I have a hanger bay in my wishlist, but I like this one even more.

I already have a few hangar bays and still want this one!

I have some definite ideas (which I haven't seen already in the store, so please excuse me if I dont say what they are - don't want to get beaten to it!)

Same here. Been working on some stuff, but have a long way to go. I think we're fairly safe though, as long as we make something unique.

• I was looking to get in contact with GKDantas...

Make him aware that his .hdr files from his GI Dome Pack work AWESOME in Studio/Iray... But I'm sure you guys have figured that out by now...

But am deeply complimented by the mention/thought of my stuff being must haves for Carrara users, LOL!

Now I feel good =P

Dude, come on... you're the one and only MatCreator!!!

It's a no-brainer!!! :)