Skin Builder 3 Merchant Resource for Genesis 3 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited December 2016

Yes:) But we also embeded instructions with the options inside the script so people will know what each option does.. But there will be a user guide.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Bless you, on behalf of the backward people!!!!

• Zev0 said:

1. Already included.

2. If say the last brow is 30, if you name yours 31, it will auto load in script as long as format is the same as other brows. Regarding tanlines that is tough because of seamlines. But same principle. Name yours after the last known one provided, place in same folder and it will appear in script. We build the scripts so they will auto update when you add in your own custom options. Try it on the existing Skinbuilder, I think the script is also built with that feature to auto add in custom content. Just make sure it's named correctly and follows the last included option.

I wonder if a tanline import could be done. Use the diffuse or opacity map from a selected clothing item to define the lines on the skin.  Would that be doable?

• Zev0 said:

Production on this is in full swing:) Skin Overlay will now be part of this package as well. More details will follow as progression is made.

Will this new version work with both g3 AND g2?  I still do a lot with g2...and this new SBP sounds like a better solution for MR.

edited December 2016

"I wonder if a tanline import could be done. Use the diffuse or opacity map from a selected clothing item to define the lines on the skin.  Would that be doable?"

If you can get it to line up with the skin UV then I don't see why it wouldnt work.

"Will this new version work with both g3 AND g2?"

Only G3F. If you have that G3 to G2 skin converter that uses geografts then you could use the skins on G2. But the skins will be saved with G3F base UV.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

"I wonder if a tanline import could be done. Use the diffuse or opacity map from a selected clothing item to define the lines on the skin.  Would that be doable?"

If you can get it to line up with the skin UV then I don't see why it wouldnt work.

Only G3F. If you have that G3 to G2 skin converter that uses geografts then you could use the skins on G2. But the skins will be saved with G3F base UV.

I've never gotten a confirmation on whether or not the current Skinbuilder Pro is considered a merchant resource...Is it?  I thought maybe so because almost all your other products are.  But, I couldn't find a definitive answer.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited December 2016
    Zev0 said:

I've never gotten a confirmation on whether or not the current Skinbuilder Pro is considered a merchant resource...Is it?  I thought maybe so because almost all your other products are.  But, I couldn't find a definitive answer.

Yes, it is. Without naming products I've seen a few products that used Skin Builder Pro to create parts of their skin texture sets.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    Zev0 said:

Yes, it is. Without naming products I've seen a few products that used Skin Builder Pro to create parts of their skin texture sets.

I didn't think skin builder was a merchant resource. There is Skin Overlay Merchant resource, but that was a separate product. I'm sure Xev0 can clarify this. 

Redz said:
    Zev0 said:

I didn't think skin builder was a merchant resource. There is Skin Overlay Merchant resource, but that was a separate product. I'm sure Xev0 can clarify this. 

Redz said:
    Zev0 said:

http://www.daz3d.com/save-and-share-for-skin-builder

but you might be right, I am probably confusing all the products created with the various MR Growing Up products. 

Redz said:
    Zev0 said:

This version is a merchant resource and will include options from skin overlay.

• Zev0 said:
    Redz said:
    Zev0 said:

This version is a merchant resource and will include options from skin overlay.

Are you saying that the current version "Skin Builder Pro" is NOT a merchant resource...just clarifying to get the official word from its creator. :)

edited December 2016

No it is not. People can distribute their results via save and share, but that requires them to have the Skinbuilder.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Redz said:
    Zev0 said:

I put off buying the current version of Skin Builder Pro, just because of the confusion over whether or not it is an MR.  I'm sure that it's a great product in any case.  I just don't want to make a lot of characters and skins without knowing.  I'm not selling any, yet.  But, I do hope to at some point.  So, I'd rather not have the issue come up at a later date.

Zev0 said:

No it is not. People can distribute their results via save and share, but that requires them to have the Skinbuilder.

Okay, I think I get it....Skin Builder Pro doesn't actually output finished (flattened) textures.  It creates layered skins.  That's why the Recipe Builder script works for sharing recipes with others.  I'm not actually outputting a texture, just the recipe for someone else who is using SBP.

So, the difference on this upcoming version, is that it does output actual diffuse texture images for use in original character distribution...i.e. a merchant resource.

Is that about it?  Let me know if I got it wrong or right.  Thanks. :)

edited December 2016

Yes. It outputs flattened textures to a texture folder of your liking along with saved material presets that you can sell with a character.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Patiently waiting for this to get released :) 

• cdpro_2831bbd990cdpro_2831bbd990 Posts: 1,430
    edited December 2016
    Zev0 said:

Yes. It outputs flattened textures to a texture folder of your liking along with saved material presets that you can sell with a character.

Excellent... I'll be picking up a copy when it comes out.  :)

Post edited by cdpro_2831bbd990 on
  • I need this to start work on a new character, definitely getting it when it comes out!

• How's Dragonstrom? hope it's nothing serious.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,720

So this is just for Genesis 3 female?   I assume just the base uv?

• Just to confirm, will I be able to use this to create paler than usual skins? I need a greyish skin tone for a character.

• Any news regarding the release date?

• unknownmystery445unknownmystery445 Posts: 414
    edited December 2016

May I know how is this different from the other skin merchant resources for Genesis 3 that I've seen in the daz store? Or if you just manually export the skin map to photoshop and edit it? And do these have presets that are only available on this product?

Post edited by unknownmystery445 on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

May I know how is this different from the other skin merchant resources for Genesis 3 that I've seen in the daz store? Or if you just manually export the skin map to photoshop and edit it? And do these have presets that are only available on this product?

Its totally different.  It creates the skin on the character.  You choose everything from the subsurface color to the diffuse color, make up eye color etc etc etc.  It has unlimited potential.  I've used the one for Genesis 2 to create everything from a very blue black skin to purple to pale to almost white.  Its a hugely useful tool and honestly, I don't ever need to purchase another character for the skin again.  Although, I still do because people have different ideas than I do lol

• unknownmystery445unknownmystery445 Posts: 414
    edited December 2016

Its totally different.  It creates the skin on the character.  You choose everything from the subsurface color to the diffuse color, make up eye color etc etc etc.  It has unlimited potential.  I've used the one for Genesis 2 to create everything from a very blue black skin to purple to pale to almost white.  Its a hugely useful tool and honestly, I don't ever need to purchase another character for the skin again.  Although, I still do because people have different ideas than I do lol

Thanks for the reply! Can't you also change the skin color using photoshop? and Basically everything if you edit the skin map in photoshop? The subsurface is the colors beneath the skin right? That I'm not sure if it can be edited in photoshop haha

Post edited by unknownmystery445 on

Thanks for the reply! Can't you also change the skin color using photoshop? and Basically everything if you edit the skin map in photoshop? The subsurface is the colors beneath the skin right? That I'm not sure if it can be edited in photoshop haha

It's not so easy to change skin tone in Photoshop because different areas of skin have different skin tones and changing the skin tone of one area that you change to change to another tone won't neccessarily change the other areas of skin to appropriate tones that correspond naturarally to the skin tone area you did change so you have to very carefully create many selections masks and independently change those different skin tone areas to their new desired values.

The Skin Builder for Genesis 3 Merchant Resource is much easier. You can buy Slosh's Genesis 3 UV Swapper to use textures you make using the female UVs on the male UVs but  I wish that you could create a skin texture directly in Skin Builder for Genesis 3 for G3M instead of needing an intermediary product.

Will Skin Builder for Genesis 3 by able to create a skin texture & map set directly for G3M?  

This is a female designed product. If you are happy with female nipples and female gen details on males then it can be used I suppose.

Zev0 said:

This is a female designed product. If you are happy with female nipples and female gen details on males then it can be used I suppose.

They are just bits & bobs and will work fine with the Slosh UV kit if you aren't going to make the product such that it handles male UVs as well.

edited December 2016

Production on Skinbuilder 3 continues...This product was the last thing Draagonstorm and myself was working on, so it will be finished in her memory, no matter how long it takes...

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Take your time, Zev0. I am sorry about your loss, she will be missed.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    Zev0 said:

Production on Skinbuilder 3 continues...This product was the last thing Draagonstorm and myself was working on, so it will be finished in her memory, no matter how long it takes...

So sorry to hear about Draagonstorm. I'm sure it's tough on you, having been working so closely with her. Take all the time you need and take care of yourself. Xx