Skin Builder 3 Merchant Resource for Genesis 3 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited March 2017
    nicstt said:

It would be nice if you can add, or make avilible in the future, UV plugins, like Bethany 7, Aiko 7, TJ7 ect... Just an idea.

You can convert them to default UVs; I've never had an issue on those I done, although there might be a couple that would have issues.

How exactly are you doing that?

Right-click on surfaces (with the character selected) and select Map Transfer tool; I've not yet had issues with seems, or least not seen issues if there are any present. (I've only converted - I went to check - V7 and Lilith7).

So as not to take over Zev0's thread; if you want a shot of lilith with the change of UVs, PM me, and I'll drop something on deviant art; it will be NOT be safe for work, unless you request it should be. :)

Anyway, back on topic: Zev0, any release date yet? wink

Post edited by nicstt on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

It is in testing. As soon as I know I will make an announcment. Busy finishing up the promos so I can show what the product is about.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

Been waitin' for this :)

Laurie

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    Zev0 said:

It is in testing. As soon as I know I will make an announcment. Busy finishing up the promos so I can show what the product is about.

Thanks for the update. I bought a gift card with the intention of leaving enough of it in credit to buy this when it is released. I'm being mightily tempted by the sales and I really don't handle temptation with the fortitude of a saint. I suspect I'll already have to chip in a little more. Let's hope that G4 doesn't appear and take the limelight (not that I ever buy a new generation immediately - I've only just bought my first G3M products).

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,797

Waiting for this eagerly! I got the skin builder pro for gen and gen2 and I liked it very much.

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365

Hi Zev0!

Will the interface window be adjustable? I love the pose builder but I have to change my display in order to see the buttons at the bottom of the window, because I use the 150% text/icon setting for easier viewing in Windows.

edited March 2017

Yes it will be, but it has a set minimum scale to fit all the information and tabs in. We made sure this script fits much better. If there is still a fitting issue, you can remove the images in the script to make it even smaller. We tested the script on different laptop screen resolutions to try and cater for the most common setups.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • BruganBrugan Posts: 365

Thanks!

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Oh, I was afraid of this... I couldn't remember for sure... but it's only for G3F!!???  Aren't the guys going to get any new skins?  I mean... if I make a cool alien, she's going to need a companion.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,047

You can alway use this to transfer the base skin: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-uv-swap-male-and-female-base

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    Leana said:

You can alway use this to transfer the base skin: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-uv-swap-male-and-female-base

OH YAY! I have that! OK - got the credit card out....waiting on DAZ.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    Zev0 said:

Tick... Tick... Tick....

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    nicstt said:

Wait...what happened to Draagonstorm?

Very sadly, she died a couple of months ago.

That is sad. I had not heard that. I will love her utilities more each time I use them.

Hermes Psychopompos be a constant and gentle guide to those whom you lead.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    Zev0 said:

You can apply it on G3M if you don't mind female nipples and anatomy details on the skin lol.

I thought we were gonna have a male version this time? I swear I remember you promising!

edited April 2017
    Zev0 said:

You can apply it on G3M if you don't mind female nipples and anatomy details on the skin lol.

I thought we were gonna have a male version this time? I swear I remember you promising!

SkinBuilder 3 took around 6 months to create, a lot longer than expected. If I do a male version which will take around another +-3 months that is nearly a year gone on only two product releases. It is not financially viable to do a male version at this stage which will bring in much less revenue anyways. If I spend more time on this, that means my morph packages will never come out, and that is my primary business. Unfortunately I do not have a huge team at my disposal. That costs a hell of a lot of money. If I did have a team, and revenue streams catered for that maintenance then a male version would be a possibility. Unfortunately that is not the case. There is a lot of things I would like to do, but time and money dictates what is viable in order to survive.

Post edited by Zev0 on

I'm interested to know whether the skin will have details like pores, etc. Would there be a normal map created too? Or bump/displacement?

edited April 2017

SkinBuilder 3 as an option to add skin pore details yes. However it was designed to apply on base color and trancelucency maps only. These are meant to work on any skin based on g3f UV, so if I had to add in Bump details and there was pore missmatch on the bump, you would have a blur. So it worked better just adding the detail on the surface. Still gives the same effect when rendering.

Capture.JPG
    699 x 862 - 67K
    Post edited by Zev0 on

OK, so it doesn't create a new skin, it changes the tone of an existing skin? I'm just getting this clear in my mind because I think I had the wrong idea. It also adds details like 2D body hair and nipple tone, etc., right? I'll take another look at the promo stuff you posted earlier to remind myself.

edited April 2017

Skinbuilder does create a new skin. This pore detail adds detail to a loaded skin. So yes the new overlay system is universal and not conformed only to skinbuilder 3 skins. Body hair (anatomy and brows) and nipple tone yes.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited April 2017

Here are some promos. I'll add more as I finish them up. Ignore the grammar on them for now lol.

Popup_1.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 1M
    Popup_2.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 1M
    Popup_3.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 862K
    Popup_4.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 1M
    Popup_5.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 1M
    Popup_6.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 1M
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited April 2017
    Zev0 said:
    Zev0 said:

SkinBuilder 3 took around 6 months to create, a lot longer than expected. If I do a male version which will take around another +-3 months that is nearly a year gone on only two product releases. It is not financially viable to do a male version at this stage which will bring in much less revenue anyways. If I spend more time on this, that means my morph packages will never come out, and that is my primary business. Unfortunately I do not have a huge team at my disposal. That costs a hell of a lot of money. If I did have a team, and revenue streams catered for that maintenance then a male version would be a possibility. Unfortunately that is not the case. There is a lot of things I would like to do, but time and money dictates what is viable in order to survive.

Realistically, if you have the G3 UV swap add-on, the skins made for G3F should work fine on G3M, so what's really needed is just 1.) a overlay set to add more mascuiline body hair, which we already have in several forms such as RedStudio's G3M body hair add on at Rendo and the various Brow products now available, and 2.) support for the gens if required... and for that, there are the TAB and similar add-ons sold at that other Rendo site.  It's a bit of a sideways way of going at it, but I think it makes this new skinbuilder more than capable of creating male bases, especially for teens and kids.     

Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited April 2017

Daz would never accept female skins for male resource. They will have to be remade. The rules for Merchant resources are a lot stricter. There are no shortcuts. Also some overlay details are in png format. They cannot be converted because it will lose its transparency so they have to be redone as well. I do not feel comfortable offering a gimped version. If I was going to do a male version it would have to be done properly. But nothing stops you doing a conversion and using it for personal use on males.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

Daz would never accept female skins for male resource. They will have to be remade. The rules for Merchant resources are a lot stricter. There are no shortcuts. Also some overlay details are in png format. They cannot be converted because it will lose its transparency so they have to be redone as well. I do not feel comfortable offering a gimped version. If I was going to do a male version it would have to be done properly.

Oh sure, not as a MR.  But for practical use for actual users it should get the job done.  I do really like that you've added a softer edges option with the tanline generator and that your new promos highlight the fact that you can make multiple passes, which is a trick I wised up to pretty quickly with the original SB.  Can I assume that the multiple pass trick will work with the color blend option as well? And as far as options go on the CB, will one of them be just knees/elbows?       

edited April 2017

"I do really like that you've added a softer edges option with the tanline generator and that your new promos highlight the fact that you can make multiple passes, which is a trick I wised up to pretty quickly with the original SB"

Softer edges was added because of your suggestion lol. Regarding CB knees and elbows I didn't make a map for that because the CB feature was added very late to the product so I only added options that showcase what it can do. I do plan on expanding on the options. But you can easily make one and add it in and the script will recognise it. The directions of how to do so will be in the tutorial. It's just a black and white map where white will show the color blend details.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:
    Zev0 said:

Realistically, if you have the G3 UV swap add-on, the skins made for G3F should work fine on G3M, so what's really needed is just 1.) a overlay set to add more mascuiline body hair, which we already have in several forms such as RedStudio's G3M body hair add on at Rendo and the various Brow products now available, and 2.) support for the gens if required... and for that, there are the TAB and similar add-ons sold at that other Rendo site.  It's a bit of a sideways way of going at it, but I think it makes this new skinbuilder more than capable of creating male bases, especially for teens and kids.     

I just this morning bought that G3M Body Hair you mention as it is on sale. Very impressive as are the RedzStudio head hair products. I don't use the G3M male gens mainly because they are only available in Pro bundles so I'm still using the Jepe/M4 prop which is still pretty good and the skin (with a SickleYield freebie to convert to Iray) can be tweaked to a pretty close match (especially if there is hair to hide the join).

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775

Just TAKE MY MONEY, dammit!

That looks absolutely fantastic. I've not been this excited about an upcoming product since another one of yours - Fit Control. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited April 2017

Oh damn, yeh take my cash.

Oh Zev0, can we use a custom skin we created elsewhere instead of the one included?

Post edited by nicstt on
    edited April 2017

Yes. As long as it is a skin that is G3F base UV the details can apply to them. That is how they were designed. It isn't only for the base skins in the product. I must still add that note to promos lol. So you can load up another merchant resource skin, mod it in here and save that out, or simply enhance another character skin using the options. The only aspect of this product that works on all uv sets is the eyes. The rest are all base UV specific. So in a nutshell, as long as your character has a skin that is based on Base UV loaded, you can apply any details on it in Skin Builder.

Post edited by Zev0 on

I may have missed it somewhere in this thread but are the overlays, etc., using LIE? If so, how are load times? I have other products which use LIE and I can go away and make a cup of tea while waiting for them to load.

edited April 2017

This version works differently. When you start Skin Builder 3 you assign a temp folder. Then when you apply anything to the skin it will initially use lie to apply but bake the maps into your set folder. So there are no LIE files. Then when you want to save your skins it will take all your temp files, rename it and save to a folder of your choice along with chosen material presets. So basically, this version has the ability to package files for you. Nothing will be left in LIE state. And regarding load times it is way faster:) We worked hard on that. So it does lie first, takes that info and merges onto temp textures which are then flattened.  So basically when you load up a skin it is just loading jpg files based on whatever details you loaded, no lie files. So it will load up as fast as any other character skin. We wanted to lose the dependancy of LIE because it takes too long to load and apply, so we changed the entire system.

Post edited by Zev0 on