Skin Builder 3 Merchant Resource for Genesis 3 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• IbemeIbeme Posts: 4

Will there be an update or addon that will work with G3 Males? Given the fewer number of male textures availe in comparison to the female ones, this would be a especially helpful to diversify and increase the number of male textures--especially if G3M gentialia options are included.

• dizzy88dizzy88 Posts: 51

I'm getting the following error on Win 7 64-bit, DS 4.8.  Not very informative, I know.  Do I need DS 4.9 or something?

Loading script: D:/3D Assets/DAZ3D/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Materials/Skin Builder 3/Skin Builder 3.dse
    Failed to load script: D:/3D Assets/DAZ3D/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Materials/Skin Builder 3/Skin Builder 3.dse

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited April 2017

Hi Guys here is the mac fix https://www.dropbox.com/s/fi4wjpltymxjt9q/Skin Builder 3.dse?dl=0

Just replace the script with this one.

There will be an official update release asap, but for those who can't wait this fix is the same thing.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    dizzy88 said:

I'm getting the following error on Win 7 64-bit, DS 4.8.  Not very informative, I know.  Do I need DS 4.9 or something?

Loading script: D:/3D Assets/DAZ3D/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Materials/Skin Builder 3/Skin Builder 3.dse
    Failed to load script: D:/3D Assets/DAZ3D/My Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Materials/Skin Builder 3/Skin Builder 3.dse

Product requires 4.9. It is listed on requirements on store page.

edited April 2017
    Brugan said:

Zev0 sorry if this has already been covered, but will I need brow remover to alter brows on an existing skin or is that functionality already in SB3?

You Will need Brow Remover. SKin Builder 3 does not remove eyebrows.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Brugan said:

Also for us Toon-addicts, is there a "toon" style brow in SB3?

There are a few but what style specifically? You can see in the one promo I used one.

Hi Guys here is the mac fix https://www.dropbox.com/s/fi4wjpltymxjt9q/Skin Builder 3.dse?dl=0

Just replace the script with this one.

There will be an official update release asap, but for those who can't wait this fix is the same thing.

edited April 2017

On a side note, earliest verison of Studio this product works in is 4.9.2.70

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

hi!

wow...this looks amazing.

i'm wondering if the positions of the not-so-anatomically-specific details--like freckles, moles, and blotches--can be shifted somehow, or if they'll always appear in same locations on the skin. 

j

• MendomanMendoman Posts: 401

Hmmm, I can't seem to make that nipple adjustment to work nicely. No matter what color or visibility I choose, it always turns nipples really dark.

Lower the opacity before applying. It is set on a default color that works fine for most skins.

edited April 2017
    jardine said:

hi!

wow...this looks amazing.

i'm wondering if the positions of the not-so-anatomically-specific details--like freckles, moles, and blotches--can be shifted somehow, or if they'll always appear in same locations on the skin. 

j

No they cannot be shifted or you will run into possible seam issues. The best we could do was add a Flip Horizontal feature on certain options. Any other adjustments will have to be made manually on the maps.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • BruganBrugan Posts: 365

Thanks for the replies Zev0 and thank you VERY much for another amazing product!

Mendoman said:

Hmmm, I can't seem to make that nipple adjustment to work nicely. No matter what color or visibility I choose, it always turns nipples really dark.

Oops, sorry, my mistake. It looks like nipple color adjustment seems to only add more color, so for example applying pink several times changes nipples to dark red, not pink. Would be nice if you could change default color to lighter color too though. I tried with pure white too, but can't seem to make them lighter red.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Sorry to show up (again) but....

This product. https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-to-genesis-3-pose-converter

Is there any kind of documentation for this? If so where? Using the Daz documentation brings me to the product and nothing else.

At any rate. Some products I have converted show up in Daz smart content under Coverted Poses and others do not. I have navigated to the File Folder Location and all the converted packages are in the same folder called "Converted Poses". Is there a BEST folder choice for runnning the script in relation to the Pose Package you want to convert?

SOURCE

It says "Select folder to conversion" and seems as if it's fine with working/looking among sub-folders. But, picking a higher folder in the Daz data cloud (product locations like Data/1_99883/people/poses/Vendor/name of package) give me a converted poses folder with that NUMERICAL NAME as a title and not "Dragonkill Poses". So it's probbaly not recommended to use any folder aside from the direct one the poses are in.

DESTINATION

As I said, some pose products convert and Daz can see them and some do not. They are ALL in the same place but Daz does not see certain products. Restarting or refreshing does nothing. I am willing to re-convert everything long as I can get a difinitive location as to where the 'daz friendly location' is for placing the converted poses.---

-----

I do have a folder under my smart content poses called Local User and another one called converted poses.

There's also a drop down menu that displays some.

Thanks for any help.

"Is there a BEST folder choice for runnning the script in relation to the Pose Package you want to convert?"

Shouldn't matter where it is really.

"As I said, some pose products convert and Daz can see them and some do not. They are ALL in the same place but Daz does not see certain products."

Don't think they will all show up in smart content. This product came out before the whole smart content intergration thing. You can use content library to find all the converted poses.

edited April 2017
    Mendoman said:
    Mendoman said:

Oops, sorry, my mistake. It looks like nipple color adjustment seems to only add more color, so for example applying pink several times changes nipples to dark red, not pink. Would be nice if you could change default color to lighter color too though. I tried with pure white too, but can't seem to make them lighter red.

It is a multiply overlay so you cannot add white. White nullifies in multiply. Originally we had a normal blend options as well but that washed out the nipple detail all together. Basically the nipple overlay is to add colour to the nipples because when blending the skin bases, sometimes they appear a bit washed out colourwise.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Yay, so I finally got my first skin ready. I probably used too much fine detail, and really need to to practice more with eyebrows, but I really love those small details like freckles, moles and veins. Also there's so many options that I think it should be pretty easy to create skins for older characters too, and with different eye colors and lashes and all that, this product surely seems like worth the money. Anyways, here's my first try with punk girl....heh, be gentle with my mad makeup skillz cheeky

xxxxx.png
    1140 x 1780 - 3M
    edited April 2017

Nice:). Ye eventually you will get used to how the options work and find the sweet spots. I'm still busy on an addon for more details that didn't quite make the release date. One I hope to add is Aging skin wrinkles for Diffuse and bump if I can get it right. Right now the wrinkle masks aren't doing what I want lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • we're getting an addon already? cool. Like how none of your products replace and make others redundent but can be used in unison together to create more unique characters but at the same time you can still get a ;lot out of just one program too

That sounds like a great idea. I have your aging morphs, but only have Opal for females, and Ivan for males, so more skin options for older characters are more than welcome.

Ye the hard part is creating details that can apply to any skin..I'm not going to add a feature if it is limiting if that makes sense.

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited April 2017
    Zev0 said:

Nice:). Ye eventually you will get used to how the options work and find the sweet spots. I'm still busy on an addon for more details that didn't quite make the release date. One I hope to add is Aging skin wrinkles for Diffuse and bump if I can get it right. Right now the wrinkle masks aren't doing what I want lol.

Ooooo, addon products!

I'm definitely going to have to explore the tint masks, and what I can do with making my own to add to the set.

I really like what this does for unusual character requirements.

LaBlueGirl.png
    800 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Syndaryl on
    edited April 2017

The tint masks are easy to make. You shouldn't have any problems there. Just look at the source files:) But I do plan on adding a few more once I have time.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • tring01tring01 Posts: 305

Just worked through creating my first skin.  Amazing product!!  I've alway preferred creating custom characters modeled on real life people.  Being able to model a custom skin to go with the customized geometry makes the final product look dramatically better.  It's especially nice to be able to get the makeup and brows more correct.  I've only done one so far and I can really see the potential.  

Just thinking out loud - but I think next time I will create the skin first and morph the geometry second.  Should be much easier to get the geometry right with a more correct looking skin on the model.

Thanks for this great product!!

• marekartmarekart Posts: 0
    Zev0 said:

Hi 

Im new to daz 3d ,can you tell me how to manage to open Skin Builder window panel from Daz 3D , once i click on icon skin builder script i got message that error occurred ,check the log file.

thanks

marekart said:
    Zev0 said:

Hi 

Im new to daz 3d ,can you tell me how to manage to open Skin Builder window panel from Daz 3D , once i click on icon skin builder script i got message that error occurred ,check the log file.

thanks

What version of studio are you running? PC or Mac?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,032

First try of SB3. Love this product. smiley

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,376
    edited April 2017

Will there be Skin Builder for Genesis 3 males?

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited April 2017

No there won't be.

Post edited by Zev0 on