Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

The light ball probably just won't, because I think it relies on the Serpio shader.

But if you do a stream of particles or whatnot and put dirt/water/emission shaders on them, they will look like streams of dirt/water/etc.

I have a bunch of such experiments at this page and later: http://willbear.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/&offset=1076

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617
    edited December 2016

There was a product in the store that I really liked a while back, but I blew my month's DAZ budget on holiday food and Christmas presents.  So...I thought why not try to kit bash something together that's similar?  This is my 2nd attempt.  A 3Delight render.  I need to add a lot more props (and possibly people!), but it's a start.

OnTheWater_01.jpg
    900 x 506 - 270K
    Post edited by dHandle on
  • Looks like you were going for Venice. The people are inside having a holiday meal or shopping online for some daz items.
  • Here's another use of my shader.

Looks quite... snow-like =)

Have you tried rendering a night scene with your snow shader? Something like this, so that we could see the glints: http://www.hqwallpapers.ru/creative/fonar-na-snegu/

• Llynara said:

Two of my favorites from my Black Kat series (romantic comedy with superheroes): 

Very cool! The first render is so exciting with all the contrast, and the second one sets a mysterious mood =)

// and I'm not even into romcom and/or superhero stuff, so no bias here =) //

• mjc1016 said:

They are jpg. Which is... a little weird.

Yeah...

What a bummer...

At one point I was rendering some panels for Iray superpak using Carrara. Maybe should do that again for this purpose...

So Carrara can render out HDR stuff now? Sounds great.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    Llynara said:

Two of my favorites from my Black Kat series (romantic comedy with superheroes): 

Jacob Jackson, an energy shifter. I used Marshian's fabulous Rim Light Rig and backlight shaders, along with Ron's Light Fusion brushes in Photoshop.

...this is really good.  I like the backlighting effect on the hair.  It's as if it is infused with energy.

dHandle said:

There was a product in the store that I really liked a while back, but I blew my month's DAZ budget on holiday food and Christmas presents.  So...I thought why not try to kit bash something together that's similar?  This is my 2nd attempt.  A 3Delight render.  I need to add a lot more props (and possibly people!), but it's a start.

...nice work.  Fits together pretty well.  I really like the lighting as well.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited December 2016
    Llynara said:

Very cool! The first render is so exciting with all the contrast, and the second one sets a mysterious mood =)

// and I'm not even into romcom and/or superhero stuff, so no bias here =) //

Thank you! I really enjoyed doing these. Superheroes and 3Delight seem to go together well. I'm working at getting them into Iray, but it's taken some finagling. 

@kyoto kid - Thanks, some of that was a happy accident. Gotta love those! That Back Light Rim product is amazing, especially the hair shaders that come with it. And Ron's brushes are always great to work with. I found that adding a hue adjustment layer in Photoshop tied it all together really well. 

Here's how the final came out looking on the website. Could use a little more tweaking. It's an ongoing battle between the site theme and the graphic. I'll get there eventually. I'm still learning the ins and outs of the Divi theme, which I love.

Meet the Supers.JPG
    1117 x 562 - 92K
    Post edited by Llynara on

...so far looking really good.

Does Ron's Light Fusion work with Gimp, or just Photoshop (Some of his effects are Photoshop only)?

At one point I was rendering some panels for Iray superpak using Carrara. Maybe should do that again for this purpose...

So Carrara can render out HDR stuff now? Sounds great.

No, but you can make 'backplates' for use with Superpak that way.

The superpak skydome is UV mapped so there are, I believe, several tiles focused on the equator, blurring toward zenith. The effect is to concentrate the image where the vast majority of renders are going to see... near the horizon.

But nothing keeps you from putting anything in there (and I've been having decent results plopping other HDR images in there).

Using HDR stuff in Iray's environment map spherical thing is... hard. Because if it's visible, it has to be INCREDIBLY high resolution, most of which is wasted by being out of camera range. So you render this massive image, the render has to put all of it into memory, and then you don't see much of it.

• Using HDR stuff in Iray's environment map spherical thing is... hard. Because if it's visible, it has to be INCREDIBLY high resolution, most of which is wasted by being out of camera range. So you render this massive image, the render has to put all of it into memory, and then you don't see much of it.

Understood.

3Delight isn't limited by texture size, but really huge images take quite a while to be processed by the tdlmake utility. So it's not an optimum solution for either renderer, but... I still haven't managed to find out how to properly composite latlong panoramas in post. You probably need Nuke for that...

Here's a night-time snow scene. It took me a while to figure out how to add a glitter effect to the snow, and it's probably still too small to be 'right,' but it's there... ;)

Also fun playing with LAMH and lighting to create the right effect. (Also nik filters again, though I used it very sparingly)

Lantern in the snow.png
    1080 x 1080 - 1M
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Using HDR stuff in Iray's environment map spherical thing is... hard. Because if it's visible, it has to be INCREDIBLY high resolution, most of which is wasted by being out of camera range. So you render this massive image, the render has to put all of it into memory, and then you don't see much of it.

Understood.

3Delight isn't limited by texture size, but really huge images take quite a while to be processed by the tdlmake utility. So it's not an optimum solution for either renderer, but... I still haven't managed to find out how to properly composite latlong panoramas in post. You probably need Nuke for that...

Natron should be able to do it, too...and the big advantage to Natron...it's OpenSource/free.

https://natron.fr/

edited December 2016

Looking at it more closely, it could probably use a good procedural bump texture to create a very fine scale granular look. That's on my list of things to work on.

(Currently it has a sand bump tiled map)

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Looking at it more closely, it could probably use a good procedural bump texture to create a very fine scale granular look. That's on my list of things to work on.

Shader Mixer?

If so, it should be pretty easy to add the noise to drive the bump...I'd probably do a 'blended' one--cloud and 'noise' (that should be Perlin noise, if I recall)

Oh sure. I mean, that's what most of the stuff linked in my sig is, just on Iray side (which is arguably even harder than 3DL in some respects).

I just have to find time to do it.

My iray pack has Perlin noise-based bump/color/opacity noise stuff in various combinations (also refraction, emission... a bunch of stuff), has wood grains, various metals, cloth, etc.

So, will try to do much the same in 3DL, the frustration being I'll probably be working only with Daz standard shader and not any of the cool stuff. But hey.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited December 2016
    kyoto kid said:

...so far looking really good.

Does Ron's Light Fusion work with Gimp, or just Photoshop (Some of his effects are Photoshop only)?

It seems like they are. We were discussing Ron's brushes when they were in the Fast Grab, and someone mentioned they used them in Gimp. It might have been Silent Winter, but I can't be sure. I'm looking for that thread and will post here when I can confirm that.

Edit: Found it here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1801476/#Comment_1801476

Looks like Silent Winter is using them in GIMP. I haven't tried that yet, but can test them if you like. I've got most of Ron's brush sets. They are amazing!

Post edited by Llynara on

...that would be cool.  I have a good number of his water, and smoke brushes, as well as the snow and rain ones.  Some of his products are in a different format than .abr and don't import into Gimp.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    Gone said:

Tweaked the textures a bit - then went in for super close up.

AoA lights - 1 ambient, 1 spot, 1 distant.

Absolutely love this character; you and Kyoto Kid have done some awesome, younger characters in this thread.

--- Walt Sterdan

...thank you.  As several characters in my story are rather young, and I also deal with flashbacks to younger ages. I've spent years (all the way back to the Gen4 days) perfecting a "plausible" teen and child character. . 

Even with the Growing Up morphs I still make proportion adjustments to limbs and torso for the type of physique I want.  The tough part with G3F is that I am running into the breast mesh crumpling particularly just above and in the nipple/aureola region like I did with Gen4 when downsizing breasts or flattening the chest (even with custom breast morph kits) which can also affect the look of clothing fits. Didn't have this issue in Genesis Classic or G2F. I tried using the Steph4 NPMs and Slender Stephanie morphs (Steph 6), through GenX2 but those don't seem to help much either. A bother as I feel G3 poses better.  

• GoneGone Posts: 833

One of the key reasons why G1 is still my go to figure.

If Skyler had a seperate head morph, then I would use her as the base to blend other figures in to. As it is, G2F and G3F are just too frustrating to waste my time on - unless I want a busty bimbo. smiley

The whole realism thing isn't my schtick and G1 bends just fine for my needs.

..,actually just came across a nice custom morph tonight that helps.

• mjc1016 said:

Natron should be able to do it, too...and the big advantage to Natron...it's OpenSource/free.

I know about this one, but haven't managed to locate the "right" node for the job. My fave compositor is the Blender one, but again, I can't seem to find a node for this task. It should be something of a projection node...

• Here's a night-time snow scene. It took me a while to figure out how to add a glitter effect to the snow, and it's probably still too small to be 'right,' but it's there... ;)

Also fun playing with LAMH and lighting to create the right effect. (Also nik filters again, though I used it very sparingly)

Small, but definitely there. Cool!

So, will try to do much the same in 3DL, the frustration being I'll probably be working only with Daz standard shader and not any of the cool stuff. But hey.

Shader mixer can bypass the "DAZ standard" one actually.

Just don't connect an image brick to the final surface opacity - unless you really need an image there.

Working on 3DL procedural shaders.

Here's 'mud' layer on the car.

The grunge won't be as cool as, say, Stonemason's Dirt shader ... but it has some advantages and, well, free.

Dirty car.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • GoneGone Posts: 833

With apologies to a certain cartoon.

NoiseyKids.jpg
    600 x 900 - 96K
  • First of all I am coming out of lurk mode just to say mmalbert I love those pictures they are so cool. :)

and since i'm here, Hmm not sure what picture to add so here is a small example of the various renders i do in 3DL. I go anywhere from heavy post work to why even bother saying what render engine you used cause there is no trace of the orginal render left lol. ( the girl in the bunny ears is the perfect example of that last one)

Now don't get me wrong i enjoy others people work in Iray. they look nice, but for me my joy comes from actually working on the picture ,not the setting up and rendering part so 3dl for life for me lol. Not my best work,but i think it shows the odd range i have.

Necromancer's Equinox.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 860K
    7 days to,like,kill zombies and stuff.jpg
    3250 x 1000 - 918K
    elf-girl-banner-x-jpg2.jpg
    1740 x 667 - 673K
    cage-the-bunny-x-jpg.jpg
    1132 x 2000 - 178K
    The Iron (and-40% dolomite) Giant sm.jpg
    2000 x 750 - 458K
  • I have some I need to upload/reupload that I'd like to show but here's one I have in my gallery here:

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/16346/

DireBunny said:

First of all I am coming out of lurk mode just to say mmalbert I love those pictures they are so cool. :)

and since i'm here, Hmm not sure what picture to add so here is a small example of the various renders i do in 3DL. I go anywhere from heavy post work to why even bother saying what render engine you used cause there is no trace of the orginal render left lol. ( the girl in the bunny ears is the perfect example of that last one)

Now don't get me wrong i enjoy others people work in Iray. they look nice, but for me my joy comes from actually working on the picture ,not the setting up and rendering part so 3dl for life for me lol. Not my best work,but i think it shows the odd range i have.

...welcome back.

This discussion has been closed.