Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

Took a while, but finished this one overnight (I rendered it at something like 6000x4000 to get good detail and dynamic depth)

3DL render. The sky, horizon hills, and water is from http://www.daz3d.com/iray-skydome-super-pak , which I find works REALLY well converted to 3DL.
    The gazebo itself: http://www.daz3d.com/shaded-haven-gazebo-cafe

...very nice indeed.

Would rather be there right now as looking I'm out my window at a "winter wonderland" in the making (in Portland no less where it is usually a "wet wonderland" this time of year).

Gone said:

Hair today...

...nice long hair.  Need to get back working with Garibaldi again, just have to remember not to use G3.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

I know =) But do you happen to have that set, Mike? Is it really an HDR? Because it looks LOVELY in Will's thumbnail but blocky in the full render =/ (and even in the promos, now that I've checked)

No I don't...but the description doesn't say anythiing one way or the other.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

They are jpg. Which is... a little weird.

They are jpg. Which is... a little weird.

Yeah...

If I keep doing 3dl quasirealism, I don't think my 16 gb ram is going to cut it. Hrm. Trying to render a closeup and the process just hangs every time.

Setting shading rate to 1 (rather than .01), dropping shadow sampling rate to 4, and changing max path 8>5 seems to have fixed the trick... fingers crossed...

(Shading rate .01 is absurd, isn't it?)

• GoneGone Posts: 833

Boy, where does the time go?

I was thiking I had posted this one in the Garibaldi thread about a year ago. Turns out, it was just over 2 years ago!

CatmanMeetsLion.jpg
    1000 x 562 - 235K
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 2016

Thanks, Walt! I've been trying to work more on body language and expressions lately. :) 

wsterdan said:
    mmalbert said:

Enjoying all the different renders and styles. Please keep posting!

I have toons, a floofy dress (I love big elaborate dresses), and one with a really great freebie (the human tree.)Very 

Very nice! I especially love these one-panel "stories" you manage to tell, very well-done!

-- Walt 

Kettu, you mean this one?

(edtied to add that this was a preview for some free textures I made for a tropical xmas theme.)

prev_tropicalxmas-dusk-beach-wear.jpg
    1080 x 900 - 604K
    Post edited by mmalbert on

(Shading rate .01 is absurd, isn't it?)

Pretty much...unless you are doing 'oldschool' shaders with very fine displacement (think very fine, soft fur...like a kitten) it is very much overkill.

Ok, finally got over all the technical hurdles, here's a followup

Gazebo closeup.png
    1748 x 1080 - 3M

..WIll, that is really nice.

edited December 2016

..OK, I've hear some talk about lack of "eye focus" in 3DL Here's a couple I did a while back which should bring that to rest.

sweeties v sg.jpg
    695 x 982 - 487K
    leela child of war.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 808K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on

Eye focus?

And another... I veer wildly between over the top fantasy and really mundane subjects.

I just tend to be 'meh' about cheesecaky glamart.

Monique lounging with cat.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 2016

Eye focus?

...yeah, characters looking sort of deadpan or staring off into space.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

And another... I veer wildly between over the top fantasy and really mundane subjects.

I just tend to be 'meh' about cheesecaky glamart.

....i'm with you on the cheesecake pinup stuff.

• Eye line

...better term for between characters, "eye contact". 

• GoneGone Posts: 833

A boring portrait.

PortraitGirl.jpg
    600 x 900 - 104K
  • edited December 2016
    Aye Captain
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
  • Nope not boring Gone.

The kids making the snowman is adorable on the previous page mmalbert.

So, looks like there's life. Are folks interested in 3dl 'snow caps' and other procedural shaders?

• Very much so, yes.

edited December 2016

Cool, I already have the prototype in my freebies section, but I'm dialing in on a decent ice and snow 3DL settings/shader, should have it ready to go today or tomorrow.

I've been debating making a 3DL equivalent to my 3DL shader pack, but been wrangling a bit with displacement. It's... weird.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • So, looks like there's life. Are folks interested in 3dl 'snow caps' and other procedural shaders?

Yes and post the link please to where I can download from. Will they work in Luxrender too?

I'm not familiar with Luxrender, but I would guess not.

And I'll probably just copy it here, until I get an actual (free) pack together.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Again nice renders everyone.

That would be cool and nice of you Will.

Does anyone know of links to good info on 3DL rendering and it's shaders. I have done some snooping through the Dazwiki, but I have to admit my eyes glaze over at the moment reading that stuff.

• Looking forward to it.

• Liana, have you checked out Carnite's tutorials on YouTube?

This discussion has been closed.