Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

I worked on this one early this fall. I am still not happy with the final result mostly the difference in the skins of the two characters. I might go back and look how each one's textures are set-up, so to me it is not a finished render until I am satisified. I did it using 3DL.

Harvest day.png
    1280 x 1024 - 2M
    edited December 2016

Liana, have you checked out Carnite's tutorials on YouTube?

I just checked to see if i have them subscribed. I did not even find the name. No I have not at this point. :)

Edit: I snooped around the forums and found them. Thanks! :)

Post edited by Liana on
  • Check out her other tutorials as well. 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    Liana said:

Liana, have you checked out Carnite's tutorials on YouTube?

I just checked to see if i have them subscribed. I did not even find the name. No I have not at this point. :)

Edit: I snooped around the forums and found them. Thanks! :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcv_IW_FsFaFLUDPaojagw

That is her Subscribe Page, she has some great tutorials on there

Thanks both you. I found them! :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,887

Ok, this should work. Here is a sample image and a file for a snowcap shader.

The mountains are TD3 Azone with canyon lands morph and a rock shader applied, with max displacement set to 0. Then, created a geometry shell, applied the snowcap shader to the shell.

The snowcap shader can have other effects placed on it; if you copy another shader, apply snowcap, then paste, you should get most of the stuff transferred over. Like sand, different rock layers, etc.

The snow looks more convincing with a bump and/or normal map applied to it, to get ripply effects.

The boundaries of the snow are govered by Max/Min slope; if you want relatively sharp border, keep the values close together.

Enjoy, and happy holidays!

(This should be part of a bigger pack of shaders eventually, and hey, PayPal is awesome. hint hint)

3dl snowcapped canyon landsb.png
    1748 x 1080 - 2M
    duf
    duf
    WT3 Snowcaps.duf
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    Liana said:

Thanks both you. I found them! :)

Your very welcome

• GoneGone Posts: 833

DA's "Let it snow" was yesterday's freebie. I don't normally get products like this but -- free is free. smiley

Anyway, threw together this quickie to see how it looked.

Now I see Will's shader, so going to have to give that a go.

SnowBunny.jpg
    900 x 900 - 98K

Here's another use of my shader.

Terradome 3 A and B zone, used 3DL shaders on them (though I could have skipped the A zone texture, since it all got covered), japanese maple, put geoshells on everything and snow shader. I tweaked the slope values so that some of the rock in the B zone showed through, and the maple's trunk. I find that a .2 difference between slope creates an edge I like; so I think some of them were .4 - .6, others .8 - 1.

(Also, again, iray skies skydome converted over)

Snowy maple.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 2016

That looks pretty cool Will. :)

Edit: I was helping my partner with this one. We used 3DL(he has only about 4GB ram) and the lighting that came with the surfer guy scene. I changed the pose from sitting to standing, her clothes( I did not have the same ones), and I did some recoloring of the umbrella to my own liking. I may change things some more yet for myself. :)

Beach Beauty.png
    800 x 640 - 655K
    Post edited by Liana on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    Gone said:

DA's "Let it snow" was yesterday's freebie. I don't normally get products like this but -- free is free. smiley

Anyway, threw together this quickie to see how it looked.

Now I see Will's shader, so going to have to give that a go.

...they did say it was going to be a colder winter here on the west coast. Guess they weren't kidding. wink

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    Gone said:

Hair today...

That looks really good Gone! :)

edited December 2016

...here's a winter one I did with DraagonStorm's Snow Shader for a holiday challenge a couple years ago.

a time of hope.jpg
    800 x 800 - 452K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Did you win? Very good composition in that one Kyoto Kid.

M4 skeleton, free tunic from Wilmap (I think), Terradome3 Bzone hills, maple tree instanced, Iray superpak sky, everything liberally doused with my 3dl Snowshader on geoshells and then a NIK filter to top it off.

A Winter's Sleep.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • edited December 2016
    Campus streaker
    fleeting-glimpse_full.png
    1444 x 812 - 2M
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on

M4 skeleton, free tunic from Wilmap (I think), Terradome3 Bzone hills, maple tree instanced, Iray superpak sky, everything liberally doused with my 3dl Snowshader on geoshells and then a NIK filter to top it off.

...pun not intended but that looks pretty cool.

I'm re rendering. Noticed the skeleton wasn't subd and that really bothered me... heh. Also rendering larger but oh man I need more ram

• Untouched 3Delight render. Vicki7 using V4 skin without SSS. I have no clue where the skin bumps came from in this - ha ha. A fortunate screw-up on my part. Maybe the V4 skin has the bump settings too high which caused it? Had to tweak a lot of textures. I'll probably darken her boot rings in future renders. Thanks to everyone here who's helped with 3Delight tips!

Tzan-Tzi-1.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 182K

...wow that is really nice. Yeah Vicky4 actually has some excellent skin textures. Just that she didn't bend as well and to use clothing from other figures required a conversion programme.

I'm re rendering. Noticed the skeleton wasn't subd and that really bothered me... heh. Also rendering larger but oh man I need more ram

...this is why the next system (If I can ever afford to build it) will have a boatload of memory and dual CPUs.

The odd thing about DDR3 server memory is that it often is matched to a specific MB brand like Dell, SuperMicro, or Intel. I did find a couple "generic" 128 GB kits but the sellers for those are overseas (mostly Hong Kong but some also in the UK). Because DR3 is also "legacy" a "new" kit can be more expensive than a comparable DDR4 one.  The rub there is the 8 core Xeons that are compatible with DDR4 are about 700$ each instead of 200$ and have a slower clock speed. (2.4 Ghz vs 3.33 GHz for the E5690s).

Here's a SLIGHTLY BETTER VERSION!

Heh.

(Subd skeleton, also rendered at twice normal size even if it took forever to get better detail)

A Winter's Sleep2.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • Will, I just saw this on DA and left a comment.  I rather like it.  I think you did a great job with this.

Thank you!

Here's another. Not as impressive, but wanted to poke at human figures a little more in 3dl.

Gia fighting.png
    1080 x 1080 - 1M
  • Here's a SLIGHTLY BETTER VERSION!

Heh.

(Subd skeleton, also rendered at twice normal size even if it took forever to get better detail)

Excellent work and concept!!

• GoneGone Posts: 833

Tweaked the textures a bit - then went in for super close up.

AoA lights - 1 ambient, 1 spot, 1 distant.

PortraitClose.jpg
    900 x 900 - 118K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 2016

One I did a while back, for @LlolaLane's word of the month challenge:

Post edited by SimonJM on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited December 2016

Two of my favorites from my Black Kat series (romantic comedy with superheroes): 

Jacob Jackson, an energy shifter. I used Marshian's fabulous Rim Light Rig and backlight shaders, along with Ron's Light Fusion brushes in Photoshop.

Here's Hugh Harrison, an illusionist and escape artist. I used Soldiers of Magic: Serpio here for the effect. I love that set, and wish it was compatible with Iray. Some of the Iray effect products are great but I haven't found one that produces the same look. I tried to list all the products I used in my gallery.

Post edited by Llynara on

I've actually had fun using Magic of Serpio in Iray, mainly as a source of particles -- bubbles, small fragments set with an Emissive shader, water, etc.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Will, I can't seem to get that light ball to show up right. But I'm still learning DAZ and I'm fairly new to Iray.

This discussion has been closed.