Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

More shader experiments

Bump Refract Ball.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 2016

I was playing around with the Plushies that I have, yesterday, because of something mentioned in another thread...

I kind of forgot Boo-regard.

plushies.png
    640 x 640 - 721K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • dHandledHandle Posts: 617
    DireBunny said:

First of all I am coming out of lurk mode just to say mmalbert I love those pictures they are so cool. :)

Wow...you need to come out of lurk mode more often!  These are great!  My personal preference is the photoreal look, but after looking at some of your stuff, I may have to consider branching out. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    mjc1016 said:

I was playing around with the Plushies that I have, yesterday, because of something mentioned in another thread...

..that looks really good.  Did you use UE?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    kyoto kid said:
    mjc1016 said:

..that looks really good.  Did you use UE?

No...

It is a spotlight, distant light and an 'occlusion' light I imported...the surface is UberSurface and the colors are pulled from the mc6 files and used to create texture maps. 

With a slight bit of reflection (2%) on the 'skin', with the displacement for 'fuzziness' total render time was 30 minutes.  Without the reflection, it was 6 minutes.

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617
    edited December 2016

Thought I would try to turn the previous render into a night scene and maybe add some interesting light effects.  Also, some post in PS.

Still no people...

: (

Seaside-night_02.jpg
    900 x 506 - 205K
    Post edited by dHandle on
  • selias19selias19 Posts: 252

Working on 3DL procedural shaders.

Here's 'mud' layer on the car.

The grunge won't be as cool as, say, Stonemason's Dirt shader ... but it has some advantages and, well, free.

That's wonderful news, Will. Your Iray Shaders are fantastic but I don't use Iray (yet) so they are of no use for me. Some nice 3DL-Shaders would be very much appreciated. Your mud looks goodl

~Sigrid

edited December 2016

Glad there's interest!

Trying to figure out what stuff fills in gaps that existing shaders do not. Like, there are rock and metal and wood shaders already... but some of them are texture dependant, which is where procedural helps. (Like if you have rock that extends from close to the camera to far away)

That said, a number of the existing 3dl shaders already make use of noise; AoA Rock Shaders, for example. Looks great! Grass shader is also generated rather than mapped.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • mjc1016 said:

Oh, those look good!  I haven't managed to get them to look like that yet!

• I have to agree Mike, those plushies are amazing in that render.
  • mmalbert said:

Kettu, you mean this one?

(edtied to add that this was a preview for some free textures I made for a tropical xmas theme.)

Oh yes! And I think there was a yet another panel featuring the surfer zombie...

• DireBunny said:
    Hmm not sure what picture to add so here is a small example of the various renders i do in 3DL. I go anywhere from heavy post work to why even bother saying what render engine you used cause there is no trace of the orginal render left lol.

The works you posted here are amazing, and I'm saying that even though I'm indifferent to the genre =) So what is that "why even bother"-postwork like - do you sort of paint over the render?

More shader experiments

That is an alien planet in someone's house... =) This, and the dirt on the car, it looks really cool. There must be a lot of noise functions you're using to get this - how fast does it render?

They render pretty fast; it's just Clouds plus a few functions to sort things out.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    edited December 2016

went a different way with the plushie "problem" than mjc1016: this is Quinn with omUbersurface and fill in the velvet, got rid of all the reflection and upped the bump

and this one is Quinn again together with a kiddified Bethany and Mikes altered shader for the yultide ornaments

quinnPlush.png
    800 x 800 - 870K
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited December 2016
    kyoto kid said:

...that would be cool.  I have a good number of his water, and smoke brushes, as well as the snow and rain ones.  Some of his products are in a different format than .abr and don't import into Gimp.

I have no idea where all the brush settings are in Gimp. I took a meme I saved and drew on it. It looks horrible, but the brushes do seem to work! 

tabs1.jpg
    1183 x 704 - 122K
    Post edited by Llynara on
    edited December 2016

AoA grass shader, rock shader, my WT3P 'snowcap' shader, Iray skies backdrop converted, Terradome3 (several land objects), Zuniceratops.

Desert vista.png
    1748 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by Oso3D on
  • Thanks for the comments.

I'll use an already posted picture for an example. This one is heavily postworked. i already no how i want the lights so really i just set up the bare minimum of what i need, i just want it to spit out the render  really.

Now the toon girl holding the sword was done in 3dl using the Visual Style Shaders, and some post work. mostly to clean up/add some lines that didn't look good/appear.

and the girl in the bunny ears holding guns was pretty much redrawn from the orginal render. for that one i used the visual style shaders,then redrew it in manga studio, that one i added in as an example of why even name the render engine lol.

and then the 7days zombie picture was an experiment of combing a couple different lighting set ups, with post work.

Necro-sidexside.jpg
    1800 x 1278 - 957K
    7days.jpg
    1800 x 1646 - 677K
  • DireBunny said:

Thanks for the comments.

I'll use an already posted picture for an example. This one is heavily postworked. i already no how i want the lights so really i just set up the bare minimum of what i need, i just want it to spit out the render  really.

Now the toon girl holding the sword was done in 3dl using the Visual Style Shaders, and some post work. mostly to clean up/add some lines that didn't look good/appear.

and the girl in the bunny ears holding guns was pretty much redrawn from the orginal render. for that one i used the visual style shaders,then redrew it in manga studio, that one i added in as an example of why even name the render engine lol.

and then the 7days zombie picture was an experiment of combing a couple different lighting set ups, with post work.

Wow, thanks for the explanations and for the comparison pics!

• AoA grass shader, rock shader, my WT3P 'snowcap' shader, Iray skies backdrop converted, Terradome3 (several land objects), Zuniceratops.

It's the moment before that fateful meteorite drops, right?

• mjc1016 said:

yes // we need more smileys //

Linwelly said:
    and this one is Quinn again together with a kiddified Bethany and Mikes altered shader for the yultide ornaments

Why is she so sad?

• edited December 2016
    I am blown away by each of everyone's renders so far. Here is an old one I did but finally adjusted the exposer in post. The render itself was about eight hours.
    dream-journal_full.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Linwelly said:

Why is she so sad?

heh, I guess she is like me, all my early childhood photos  look like I'm sad or some other way of unhappy, though I wasn't. People alwas told me I should smile so later photos I always have that forced smile on the face which is not really better. I guess its just some features are like that , she is not sad, I even turned in a bit of a smile to her. I guess she is just really concentrated on counting the yultide bulbs..

• GoneGone Posts: 833

Something silly.

BubbleGum.jpg
    684 x 900 - 89K
    ...Gone, I like that.
    Llynara said:
    kyoto kid said:

...that would be cool.  I have a good number of his water, and smoke brushes, as well as the snow and rain ones.  Some of his products are in a different format than .abr and don't import into Gimp.

I have no idea where all the brush settings are in Gimp. I took a meme I saved and drew on it. It looks horrible, but the brushes do seem to work! 

...thanks. Love the message too. I often feel that way a lot.
  • ZamuelNow said:

I have some I need to upload/reupload that I'd like to show but here's one I have in my gallery here:

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/16346/

Great characters!

• mjc1016 said:

Wow! That is awesome shader work!!

• I am blown away by each of everyone's renders so far. Here is an old one I did but finally adjusted the exposer in post. The render itself was about eight hours.

Fantastic skin!

• AoA grass shader, rock shader, my WT3P 'snowcap' shader, Iray skies backdrop converted, Terradome3 (several land objects), Zuniceratops.

Awesome work!

• Linwelly said:

heh, I guess she is like me, all my early childhood photos  look like I'm sad or some other way of unhappy, though I wasn't. People alwas told me I should smile so later photos I always have that forced smile on the face which is not really better. I guess its just some features are like that , she is not sad, I even turned in a bit of a smile to her. I guess she is just really concentrated on counting the yultide bulbs..

Concentrated, yeah, now that makes sense =)

// I should be happy my relatives didn't have any cameras handy in the late 80s/early 90s, haha //

This discussion has been closed.