Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Ewwwwww, bedbugs.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Jaderail said:
    My old Tom "Tigger" loved french fries and would steal them out of your hand, if you made popcorn he had to have his own bowl. Those are pretty salty foods, he never seemed to suffer any that I could tell.

The problem is that it throws off the body's electrolyte balance; cats weren't meant to eat salty food, only what ever salt balances are in their prey's blood and flesh. Some cats (especially if they are bigger ones) can resist the effect better, but whatever treats y'give to kitties shouldn't be in large quantities if they are salty.
    None of my cats get salty stuff now, Tigger passed years ago. Just treats for them or a big helping of canned food when it is on sale.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    None of my cats get salty stuff now, Tigger passed years ago. Just treats for them or a big helping of canned food when it is on sale.

Yeah, that is for the best. :)

edited December 1969

Okay I give up. I'll never catch your post count Skiriki. I'm out of threads to post in, I'm not all that big on posting just to run up my count. I've done it before and it's just not that much fun.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Okay I give up. I'll never catch your post count Skiriki. I'm out of threads to post in, I'm not all that big on posting just to run up my count. I've done it before and it's just not that much fun.

Kittens are mewing. Melody is now away from the kittens. I think I have posted enough for now.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Bah, I'm posting because it is fun, not because of some silly ol' post count. :)

Hmmm. Maybe I should go to the store while it is still reasonably cool.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Jaderail said:

Bah, I'm posting because it is fun, not because of some silly ol' post count. :)

Hmmm. Maybe I should go to the store while it is still reasonably cool.
    That's the bad part, I do it just for fun also. But I'm out of places to have fun right now.

edited December 1969

Fun is a state of mind! I can have fun anywhere!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Fun is a state of mind! I can have fun anywhere!

I really like to try to help new users or people with problems I've run into before. That is fun to me. Besides when I started I got so much help from the community I feel like doing what I do now is the right thing to do.

P.S. Still doing those marvel renders for you. I'm not late am I? I'm not real sure all of them are recognizable, but I'm doing my best.
    edited December 1969

Oh no, not late at all. With any luck we might be able to hit that point of the story this weekend... or possibly the next.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Oh no, not late at all. With any luck we might be able to hit that point of the story this weekend... or possibly the next.

Good, good. I'll be sure to upload all of them Friday at the latest. That a good day?
    edited December 1969

No rush. :) I'm good about whenever. :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    No rush. :) I'm good about whenever. :)

Cool. I just got bit in the butt by one of the store errors. One of my products got upgraded and I want to reset it. The stupid store wants me to log in over and over. I'm logged in as you can see from this post. STUPID store!
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Ah what the hey, I'll think up a render to add to that post.

...ZOIKS!!!!!!!
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Jaderail said:

...ZOIKS!!!!!!!
    Read farther!! I did not do that image. Wish I had but I did not, it's a wallpaper from a freebies disk.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited June 2012

ahh, another misused thing from the past!

I am happy and DRY on my computer now after being saved a walk in the rain.
    the bank wanted my two last payslips for my car loan and you need to fax them, FAX!! seriously why can't you use a flatbed scanner and email it!!
    was getting ready to walk down to shopping centre to bank when they called to say they approved my loan already.
    it is hailing now! I would have been out there being pelted by ice balls!

..heck, here in the US the post office still demands you fill out all their various forms by hand, Nothing is available online. How archaic.

...no wonder they are going broke.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Gahhhhhhh.

It was already hot out there, but fortunately the stores weren't badly crowded. (They're closed tomorrow most of the day after noon and completely closed on Saturday, so Finns can run out to celebrate midsummer.)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

MidSummer ?????????? ye dogs, weather here would make one think it is more like coming towards winter, except for all the trees still being green and plants trying to grow.

Not at all sure that the Druids had a good morning at Stonehenge, unless they got better weather and less clouds than we have here.

edited December 1969

Heh. In my neck of woods, who cares about the morning, it is the midsummer's night that counts. :)

edited December 1969

Yeah, I can understand that, but first the Druids have to welcome the sun as it rises, difficult when it is puring rain, but they still seemed to enjoy themselves.

http://pictures.metro.co.uk/summer-solstice-at-stonehenge-2012

• NoctyrnusNoctyrnus Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

I thought Stonehenge was fenced off anymore. Mainly I'd read so that tourist don't deface the monoliths or take souveniers. Awesome that the Druids get to perform their observances there. Hope someday I get a chance to visit Stonehenge and other places located alone ley lines.

edited December 1969

It's a really awsome place to visit. Himself (my SO) is a dowser, and when we visited the first time, he tripped over "nothing" at one point, and one of the guides said that he had just crossed the Ley line.

It isn't until you actually visit that you can really feel the scale of the thing, and wonder anew as to how they made it. THose Triathlons are huge and the idea of the bluestones being moved somehow almost 250 miles to get there is mind boggling, especially when you think of the topography here in Wales.

• NoctyrnusNoctyrnus Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Although I can grasp the idea of the scale of it whenever I read or hear of the dimensions and weight but I'm sure it pales in comparison to standing next to it. I always wondered how ancient cultures moved such large stones like the ones at Stonehenge, Incas or any other similar site. Although some say the slaves of Egypt pulled giant blocks on logs I don't prescribe to that concept as the area the Icans once inhabited are mountainous and the stones are monsterous in size. Even the precision of their measurements were unfathomable for the time period.

edited December 1969

Yeah they were quite impressive feats of engineering, for any time period, leave alone a supposedly non technical one.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Stonehenge = the biggest Welsh bachelor party...

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yeah, I can understand that, but first the Druids have to welcome the sun as it rises, difficult when it is puring rain, but they still seemed to enjoy themselves.

http://pictures.metro.co.uk/summer-solstice-at-stonehenge-2012

You know, call me silly... but considering how rare sunshine tends to be in our respective ends of the world, I have to wonder if that's the reason why it gets so much fuss. ;)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited June 2012

Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:
    Jaderail said:

Very cool. I love the coloring. Its a good example of a quality portrait. You should put it up in the new user contest WIP thread to show them. They can learn a lot from you.

I can not enter that you silly goose. Thats an old wall paper I got off a disk someplace, you know one of those FREE collections they charge you to burn. What a rip off, some of the paper were cool so it wasn't a total loss.

I was just saying to paste it over there as an example of what you can do with portraits. And the fact that it doesn't have to be people for it to be a portrait.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited June 2012

Well Frank, why didn't you say that in the first place. You know my brain just don't click anymore. I need instructions to do things. Think of me as an old C=64 I need Basic code to get by in life.

Here is my drink coffee program.
    1. Pick up Coffee pot:cup=(empty)
    2. If cup=(empty) then pour coffee in cup:Then goto 4
    3. [pour coffee]:if cup=<(full),then,return:If cup=>(full) then cup=(full),return
    4.Drink=Cup(): If cup=(Empty) goto 1:if cup=>(empty) Do untill Drink=(empty)
    5.Raise cup, sip coffee: if cup=<(empty):then cup=(empty);then end Do loop<br />
    It still needs debugging. :cheese:

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

I swear on some days I need directions like that.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I swear on some days I need directions like that.

Having days like this?

oh-god-where-am-i.jpg
    500 x 330 - 75K
This discussion has been closed.