Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD II

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    You might want to clean the box Melody used earlier and put it into the closet, and put the kittens there instead. Because it is probably safer for the kittens that way.

There are roaches in the box.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Yeah, um, get a new box then. Roaches == bad for baby kittehs. Roach poop == unhealthy.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Yeah, um, get a new box then. Roaches == bad for baby kittehs. Roach poop == unhealthy.

I have been told that roaches love cardboard. Will a plastic bin work? I do not see any roaches in that.

edited December 1969

Plastic bin will work, put in some soft stuff for the kittens to romp.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

They should be safe to hold now.

edited December 1969

I put kittens in plastic bin with lots of soft stuff. I went back to computer and Melody followed me. I heard little mewing and Melody just sat there. I brought her to the kittens. She did not go to them. I put her in the bin a couple times. Finally one of the kittens went to her and sniffed her nose. they started nursing so I guess Melody is now okay with the move and she knows they are her kittens.

edited December 1969

Just because she followed you, it is not a sign that she's about to abandon her kittens. That means she might have wanted to spend time with you, or just check out that you did not pocket a kitten when she turned her eyes for a second. The kittens weren't mewling for milk (which is a sign for mommy to come), so she had no need to be with them. :)

I mean, it is pretty much like it is with humans. When the kids sleep, parents do their stuff.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

I agree, it sounds like she is a good mommy. She followed you to be sure you did not keep a kitten. As far as handling the babies your fine now, just be sure Mel see's you do it the first few times. Pet her and the kit's when they are all together, your smell will become normal and she will trust you with her baby's in no time at all.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

She is not liking the plastic bin after all. I do not know what to do.

edited December 1969

Let her deside what she wants. Then let her have it as a safe place for at least one full day. If she keeps moving them it means she does not feel in control and that her kittens are safe. Give her some time to get settled in and happy with her choice. You might have to hold yourself back from hunting and looking but she is past the danger zone in my book. If Melody was going to leave her kit's she would have done it by this time. Let her get settled and feel safe. My Mommy's will move the Kit's five or six times sometimes before they pick the one spot that is just right. If I intrude too soon off they go again to another spot.

edited December 1969

Okay I will let her decide where to keep the kittens then.

edited December 1969

Yep, sounds like the best idea.

edited December 1969

I need to go to the bathroom. Then make something to eat and take my medicine.

I need more bottles of water. I have only a few left. Maybe I can get some more Friday when I get paid.

edited June 2012

This is to get rid of the bad MOJO post number.

Halloween_Devil.jpg
    800 x 800 - 240K
    edited December 1969

I am eating some cheese while trying to decide what i want for dinner. I wish I had some nachos or Doritos, but i do not.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited December 1969

you need to add a render of the beast to the previous post, from the description in Revelations, there would be a bit of geografting or frankensteining of limbs, horns to do!

edited December 1969

you need to add a render of the beast to the previous post, from the description in Revelations, there would be a bit of geografting or frankensteining of limbs, horns to do!

I will try to remember that when I get to 666 posts. or did I pass that number already?

edited December 1969

You can always shoot for 1,666 or 6,666 or, hey, 666,666! :)

edited December 1969

I will be happy with 19,976, but then I would still be posting and adding to that.

edited December 1969

Well I for one do not find the symbolism of the mark of the beast as a funny or Renderable topic. Sure, I cuss, I'm a bad person but really, do I need to push my luck? It has not been all that good without pushing the limits.

edited June 2012

Ah what the hey, I'll think up a render to add to that post.

Halloween_Devil.jpg
    800 x 800 - 240K
    edited December 1969

No!! I did not do that, it is a FREE wallpaper I have on a disk I was suckered into paying for. Along with other FREE items.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I think it would stand on its own without the text, yeah. Or, make it smaller, small enough to fit into the space under the tiger's front paws, with the end along a vertical line drawn along the cat's hind leg.

I decided to move it to the top, replace with a white border instead of blue (was unsure if it would infringe on Over Haulin' ), and a bit smaller.
    edited December 1969

How to harvest a kender.

kender-female-harvest.jpg
    444 x 800 - 90K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Very cool. I love the coloring. Its a good example of a quality portrait. You should put it up in the new user contest WIP thread to show them. They can learn a lot from you.

edited December 1969

well it is definately a subject that has been painted, rendered, tattooed to death by every metal band on the planet.
    I do not find images offensive at all, they are art and Biblical themes good and evil have always been depicted extensively in art.
    the image of Satan overseeing the suffering of condemed souls is a very common one.
    I myself dislike the horned hand gesture used by metal concert goers, that borders on worship of evil though mostly it is really just a mob mentality enjoying music thing.
    that said, the horned depiction is not really an accurate one, more of a nose thumb to pagan religions by Britons embracing the Christian faith brought by the Romans than a Biblical description.
    but then again, seeing Jesus depicted as a freshly slaughtered lamb would not exactly float my boat!
    yet that is how he is descibed in Revelations.
    there are a lot of things that some find offensive that others would dismiss.
    even Porky pig!

edited December 1969

We had a quick one-shot session of D&D3;.5e today.

A friend of mine and I conspired together, and we made a pair of characters:

Hers was a druid named James, with a leopard animal companion called "Meowth" and a bag of tricks full of fun animals!

Mine was a ranger called Jessie, and she had a dire fox animal companion called "Vulpix", and she also had amber amulet of vermin (with a giant stag beetle she called "Megaroach").

We had a slogan "Go Team Beastmaster!"

It took the DM some time to catch on this (he hadn't watched Pokemon at all), but when he did, he collapsed into a limp heap, sobbing and laughing at the same time.

The remaining player who hadn't been clued in took extra five minutes to figure it out.

Jessie_forumized.jpg
    595 x 800 - 147K
    edited December 1969

and I just did something VERY stupid!
    (thank God for my Android to Google geeky answers!!!!)

I killed Windows Explorer in task manager :red:

an internet Explorer Window would not close, and my extremely STUPID reaction was to open task manager and Kill Explorer!!

so a desktop with no icons, taskbar, Carrara still rendering WTF!!! do I do now?
    how do I shut my computer down after Carrara finishes???

Googling revealed tech geek answer press alt shift esc simultaneously to bring up task manager again.
    go to file, run, type in explorer, so okay!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

Musicians are making me stupid!

If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad.

Just because it feels good doesn't make it right.

I'm so confused! What do I do now? Who'll be my role model, now that my role model's gone?

(3 points for the first person to name the songs and artists.)

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Jaderail said:

Very cool. I love the coloring. Its a good example of a quality portrait. You should put it up in the new user contest WIP thread to show them. They can learn a lot from you.I can not enter that you silly goose. Thats an old wall paper I got off a disk someplace, you know one of those FREE collections they charge you to burn. What a rip off, some of the paper were cool so it wasn't a total loss.

This discussion has been closed.