The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ARRRGH. Why the **** I can never find anything when inspiration strikes me? Now I'm missing a slightly darker skin tone a la Indian or Persian for a male character.

Strong backlighting, a face in near shadow and a smidge of ambient in the irises ;)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Fingers crossed for Kyoto Kid!

But, good news everyone! My eyesight has remained steady, only with some minor weakening; my eyes have healed perfectly from LASIK, and I shouldn't have any problems in years to come. :)

...excellent.

...and thank you all.

Made it thought the day unscathed however the one manager was fairly "quiet" when around me and the owner didn't greet me like he usually does when he walked through the plant this morning. Granted, I still had to finish closing my primary account for the month (nobody else really knows how to do it) which is one of our oldest and most important clients. I'll see how things go during the balance of the week. May not be in imminent danger but still have that gut feeling I'm on thin ice (and my gut instincts are usually correct).

If it happens, there's really not much I can do about it except start looking for something else (hopefully a lot closer to home).

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Central Air went out. Got to 95° today in the house. 11pm and still 88°. I am melting. My buddy is supposed to show up sometime tomorrow to see what is wrong. Nice to have a friend that does HVAC.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Rezca said:
    Yesterday was sorta warm. The day before was scorching. Today it is COLD AND RAINING :3

87f and somewhat sunny here - I'me email you some warm but I can't figure out how to get it into the DVD drive... :-S

It's easier for me to sleep when it's cold and raining. Besides I like the rain. :)
    ...If I could figure out how to send some of ours your way without shorting out my system I would. Seems June and May flip-flopped, as so far (and for the next several days), this month has been fairly wet in comparison and we're only four days in.

Of course, seeing as its Hose...er...I mean-Rose Festival time here in Portland, it isn't surprising the weather has taken a turn for the soggy. It seems to happen every year. Last year it rained so hard and for so long they had to close the waterfront grounds for several days. Merchants and vendors almost lost their shirts.

Starting Wednesday and continuing through Friday, the evening commute will be sheer h**l as its "Fleet Week" when they bring all the big navy ships in, resulting in bridge lifts that can last upwards of an hour. Whoever thought that 4 - 7 PM was the best time to do this ought to be keelhauled. For those not familiar with Portland, the Willamette River runs through the centre of the city. There are five major thoroughfares that cross the river via draw and/or vertical lift bridges, four of which will be impacted by the ships' arrival. One of these bridges (the only double deck vertical lift span in the world) also carries four light rail lines and the main north south BNSF/Amtrak line across the river..

Going to have to take a roundabout route to get home so I can avoid the mess.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Central Air went out. Got to 95° today in the house. 11pm and still 88°. I am melting. My buddy is supposed to show up sometime tomorrow to see what is wrong. Nice to have a friend that does HVAC.

Can we borrow him? Our central air is allegedly working, but it's consistently in the 80s in the room with the thermostat when it's 70s outside. When it's 85 outside, forget it.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Is really cold here today, that is my complaint.

I'll trade. The weather is getting warmer by the end of this week, and I prefer it cold. +18 C, what you got?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

Micah was saying Meow over and over. Now he seems to calm down a bit.

I was dreaming I was at a college dorm and there was some kind of party near by. I was looking for my keys so I could go to the party.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Can we borrow him? Our central air is allegedly working, but it's consistently in the 80s in the room with the thermostat when it's 70s outside. When it's 85 outside, forget it.

If you live in the Kansas City area, sure, if not, well the Service Call Charge may be a little high.

edited December 1969

I want something to eat. hmmm. I am not sure what I want though.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm in the same boat. Quick and simple or really cook? That is the question.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I'm in the same boat. Quick and simple or really cook? That is the question.

it is 1:11am here so I probably not want anything too heavy. Melody wants something as she keeps jumping on the computer. She says Meow at the same time most of the jumps.

edited December 1969

I kinda want to eat too, but I'm currently thawing my old fridge (new one may be here in an hour and half to four hours), and I have all fridge-food packed into styrofoam boxes with cooling elements.

edited December 1969

I am going to have pizzeria cheese hot pockets. Yum

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Going to have to take a roundabout route to get home so I can avoid the mess.

Or pack a canoe? ;-)

edited December 1969

I am going to have root beer with my hot pockets. Yum.

edited December 1969

Looks like I have to go through SSS route -- found no suitable free skins, and the paid ones exceeded my modest budget. Good thing that there actually is an in-character explanation for the skin tone difference between siblings... (using the chosen female skin for male resulted kinda creepy stuff)

edited December 1969

I got my hot pockets ready and about to eat them.

edited December 1969

George Forman grill and a chicken breast turned into a wonderful grilled chicken sandwich. Now I'm satisfied tummy wise but very very bored.
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited June 2012

"Duroth the Eternal -
    Few dragons live to become as old as Duroth. Disgusted with the younger
    generation at Garrote Gorge, he left with his friend, Loeb, to form a new nest
    built around the old ideals. Since that nest's fall he travels with you seeking
    a clearer truth."
    I wonder what these older ideals were? :)
    Though looking at the other dragon you can recruit into your party, I think that might be a hint:
    "Ithilgore -

A youth among dragons, Ithilgore felt oppressed by the regimental society, of
    Garrote Gorge Dragons. He jumped at the opportunity to explore the larger world
    freely when you came by."

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

George Forman grill and a chicken breast turned into a wonderful grilled chicken sandwich. Now I'm satisfied tummy wise but very very bored.

*tugs your sleeve* If I want to get brownish skin results using Specular, Specular 2, Subsurface Scattering, and Translucency, WHAT kind of colors I should plug there? Pwease mighty Jaderail, help me?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I do not have a George Foreman Grill or know anything about them.

I want more cupcakes. I only have one left.

edited December 1969

Complaint: weekly grass butchering commences. Good thing that I wasn't trying to sleep...

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    *tugs your sleeve* If I want to get brownish skin results using Specular, Specular 2, Subsurface Scattering, and Translucency, WHAT kind of colors I should plug there? Pwease mighty Jaderail, help me?

Sorry Skiriki but for all my renders along those lines I just use textures by Cupcake. The best I've ever seen. Check the Black is Beautiful thread for a link, I lost my old link when I swapped PC's.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I do not have a George Foreman Grill or know anything about them.

I want more cupcakes. I only have one left.

cupC.jpeg
    300 x 200 - 7K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Skiriki said:

Sorry Skiriki but for all my renders along those lines I just use textures by Cupcake. The best I've ever seen. Check the Black is Beautiful thread for a link, I lost my old link when I swapped PC's.

Checking the thread!

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

No Zbrush 4 trial anymore... Sad face.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    No Zbrush 4 trial anymore... Sad face.

I know, that has kind of ticked me off as well. Ah well. I'll just play with Sculptris then...

edited December 1969

Sculptris looks like fun, regrettably I've no time to play lately :(

Apple repaired my mini server under warrantee in less than a working day, haz no complaints nao :)

edited December 1969

Headdesk, headdesk, headdesk.

1) Complaint: Finding good ethnic skins for men is hard. HARD! Harder than... ah, eh... something.
    2) Non-complaint: My fridge is here, it needs to stand upright for two hours before I can turn it on and pack the stuff back in. The old fridge is GONE GONE GONE and thank goodness for that.

edited June 2012

Skiriki said:
    Jaderail said:
    Skiriki said:

Checking the thread!

Mixing colours into a surface is quite easy using the brick called "mix" in the Shader Mixer, and the alpha channel value on the mixer to control the amount of colour mixed in, not too much, for what you want to do. I attached an example, hope it is big enough to read :)

mix1.jpg
    600 x 467 - 32K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
This discussion has been closed.