The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Noooooooooooo! I grew up reading his stories and novels!!!

He was pretty old, though - I guess it's inevitable.

Yeah. On the other hand, his literature is guaranteed to outlive us, no doubt about that. Still too early to say if he will become scifi Shakespeare of our time, but chances are good.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Yeah. On the other hand, his literature is guaranteed to outlive us, no doubt about that. Still too early to say if he will become scifi Shakespeare of our time, but chances are good.

Yes, an incredible writer - he's inspired me a lot in the past. I wish I were half as good!

edited December 1969

On no! Tjere's a SALE at RDNA and a lot of Cookie goodes are in it! I succumbed, poor me.

Also found some tentacles I don't own on Renderosity, those got bought as well.

And finally, it's so hot in my cube that by the end of the day I'm broiled - so I bought a USB-powered desktop fan! Heh, that should help out a lot!

Waaaah, I want to go home and render some tentacles!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

Today is not going well. Found some mold in my cheese that I have been steadily been using up. Do not know if i can rescue some of the cheese.
    Found out from my caseworker that somebody said that I was not home Friday for a extermination. I was and I let someone in to do the extermination then went on some errands. I remember because I was having difficulty getting Micah in his carrier. He then disappeared so I could not find him.

I might get evicted and I do not know where I could go live.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Blue skies outside my window for the first time in a week, I guess we didn't get washed away in the big wet after all :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Oh noes, think I read Illustrated man when I was about 10.

Yes, an incredible writer - he's inspired me a lot in the past. I wish I were half as good!

The grass always seems greener...but it aint necessarily so, can hold your head high imo ;)

edited December 1969

ps1borg comes in, and soon it is time for me to go to sleep. There's strange symmetry to this whole thing.

edited December 1969

Today is not going well. Found some mold in my cheese that I have been steadily been using up. Do not know if i can rescue some of the cheese.
    Found out from my caseworker that somebody said that I was not home Friday for a extermination. I was and I let someone in to do the extermination then went on some errands. I remember because I was having difficulty getting Micah in his carrier. He then disappeared so I could not find him.

I"ll be having a good thought for you today :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg comes in, and soon it is time for me to go to sleep. There's strange symmetry to this whole thing.

0750 Thursday morning here, I'm off to work CU *waves* :)

edited December 1969

Almost 1 am to me.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Rawr? More sea dragon :D
    A submarine manned by several crew members finds out that shining bright lights in the faces of gigantic sea predators is just asking for trouble, and inviting the creature for a free and easy meal. With the dragon charging at the source of the light, two rather panicked plesiosaur swim away from the scene as fast as they can so they won't end up next on the menu.

deepsea-nom-small.jpg
    600 x 433 - 60K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Blue skies outside my window for the first time in a week, I guess we didn't get washed away in the big wet after all :)

Good morning! Glad you're still on dry land (lol)!

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

funny stuff I found

funny_ads_30.jpg
    540 x 235 - 46K
    funny_ads_24.jpg
    540 x 376 - 92K
    funny_ads_5.jpg
    540 x 367 - 61K
    edited December 1969

*likes* :)

edited December 1969

I see I'm supposed to file a bug report with my email addy to resolve Platinum Club membership not showing up in my account. But the web page referred to

https://bugs.daz3d.com/login_page.php?return=my_view_page.php&error=1

won't let me log in. I don't know how to troubleshoot this. Any ideas anyone?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I"ll be having a good thought for you today :)

Thanks. I also found some mold in my cheese. I might have to stop at a store tomorrow to get more cheese.

edited December 1969

I made some spread for some sweet potato. I took honey butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I melted the honey butter and mixed the spices. then put it in the fridge to solidify. about to try it on a sweet potato.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    You should put your dragon exploring Titanic's wreck. :D

Also, is there something that controls the amount of gloss? I've noticed that if I yank down the gloss knob in DAZ Studio 4, things often get that dry look.

...many don't know that it was not an iceberg that doomed the "unsinkable" liner. hehhehheh :coolgrin:
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Complaint! Ray Bradbury has died this morning. :(

...bloody 'ell (and a noteworthy complaint)

I met him as a sci-fi con once.

The icons of my youth are rapidly disappearing.

I need a dose of Immortality Alpha, stat!

edited December 1969

On no! Tjere's a SALE at RDNA and a lot of Cookie goodes are in it! I succumbed, poor me.

Also found some tentacles I don't own on Renderosity, those got bought as well.

And finally, it's so hot in my cube that by the end of the day I'm broiled - so I bought a USB-powered desktop fan! Heh, that should help out a lot!

Waaaah, I want to go home and render some tentacles!

...you might like this recent promo from TheAntFarm (click on the fourth preview pic)

.http://www.daz3d.com/shop/killzones-the-alley-way

Unfortunately tentacle is not included.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I see I'm supposed to file a bug report with my email addy to resolve Platinum Club membership not showing up in my account. But the web page referred to

https://bugs.daz3d.com/login_page.php?return=my_view_page.php&error=1

won't let me log in. I don't know how to troubleshoot this. Any ideas anyone?

n/m I don't care enough, I'm still seeing 1.99 items so I guess I"m OK :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Your existing DAZ account won't work there. You need to create a new account at bugs.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:

Your existing DAZ account won't work there. You need to create a new account at bugs.

oh is it a bugzilla?

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Bug tracking is through Mantis, not DAZ, so you need a separate account, just like with the old site.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

This is what I see

mantis.png
    716 x 338 - 31K
    edited December 1969

Hrrm. In that case, clicky on "signup". :)

edited June 2012

OK thanks :) PS Well its telling me I already have an account and demanding and rejecting my email addy and telling me the account details dont match so I raised a support ticket instead because I'm not sure I understand the instructions to "give as much detail as possible about the problem" any way. I'm not a uber user or programmer or beta tester or ninja or whatever so what would I know? LOL :) PPS I can always return the purchase and wait for better times, I think I'm a member for the rest of the month anyhow so no huhu :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Use the "lost password" function then. :)

edited December 1969

I did that but it says my details dont match. Think I tried to help the Carrara folk get a build working on Macs a while ago, dont normally do that so I guess I wasn't systematic about the account I created - possibly used a temp work email addy from year before last -(but I thought it was bugzilla) - and now, well, see where beta testing gets ya, is why I usually steer clear of such matters. TY for assist, much appreciated :)

This discussion has been closed.