The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

...you know, even if my doc gave me thumbs up and all clear yesterday, I have to admit that's a bit too small for my eyes. Um, any chance to drop it into some image server or so? Imgur or something like that?

I solved one part of the problem the usual way -- by throwing money at it. It turned out that one of the skin bundles mentioned in "Black is Beautiful" thread happened to be on sale, and it gave FOUR skins -- one light, one dark, two fantasy skins, including naughty bits -- with one go, plus several eye colors and facial hair options for five eurobucks, so how the heck you can resist that? However, I have to fine-tune the lighter skin -- it is heavily African-American toned (and I'm glad that now I have two kickass African-American skin tones in my selection and I've set the store to my watchlist so if other excellent stuff drops in, I'll be notified), whereas I'm looking more South Indian + Caucasian mix; with the right morphs it does kinda work for my purposes.

So, for the purposes of fine-tuning, I'm sure that would be handy to see in bigger size indeed!

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited June 2012

My understanding is the forum only takes images 600 pixels wide, so I don't know what to do about that *flops around uselessly* :) But fire up the shader mixer, select a surface, use File > import from scene to grab a textured surface. Unplug the topmost "image map" from the DS default material. Look for a brick called "Mix" in the Math section, click the rollout to change the type from float to color, and plug the color texture into one channel. Look for the brick called Value in the Utility section, click the rollout to change the type from float to color, set the colour to something and plug it into the second channel of the mix brick. Layer mix is the default, that''s good , set a value on the alpha channel, small at first, to control the mix, plug the color output of the mix brick into the diffuse color channel of the DS Default material. Hit Apply. Render, and you will see the colour mixed with the texture. You can use the method on any colour channel you want :) Plug a noise brick into the alpha channel of the mix brick to see some groovy effects. Change the noise values to see yet more :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

wahhh my draggie egg only has an hour left to hatch

Adopt one today!

edited December 1969

eggy won't clicky :(

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Kyoto - glad you're still gainfully employed, hang in there!

@Skiriki - new fridge, yaay!

@ps1borg - always nice when something gets fixed in a timely fashion!

Sunny, humid as a swamp, clouds forming - supposed to rain off and on the rest of the week. Oh well, it's a good reason to stay home and write! Very quiet at the office, and the staff meeting was rescheduled due to the boss having a tooth emergency (urgh). I hit the Japanese import store and now have hot rice crackers and fancy roasted green tea! W00t! Complaint, though - I need to rearrange my work area as the way I'm sitting is starting to bother my shoulders. Urgh.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited December 1969

We were hoping the forum would auto-resize the way the old one did, but it doesn't. So every image has, for now, to be under 800 pixels square.

This is definitely a complaint.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Actually even 800 seemed to be very close to stretching. I try and keep mine around 600 or 700, though if only just playing it safe.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited December 1969

Yes, 800 is a bit large - but with no ability to have a "click for full size" effect we erred on the side of slight stretchage.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    My understanding is the forum only takes images 600 pixels wide, so I don't know what to do about that *flops around uselessly* :)

Yup, but URLs that link to the piccy work just fine. :) I can click and go there! :D Thanks!

But fire up the shader mixer, select a surface, use File > import from scene to grab a textured surface. Unplug the topmost "image map" from the DS default material. Look for a brick called "Mix" in the Math section, click the rollout to change the type from float to color, and plug the color texture into one channel. Look for the brick called Value in the Utility section, click the rollout to change the type from float to color, set the colour to something and plug it into the second channel of the mix brick. Layer mix is the default, that''s good , set a value on the alpha channel, small at first, to control the mix, plug the color output of the mix brick into the diffuse color channel of the DS Default material. Hit Apply. Render, and you will see the colour mixed with the texture. You can use the method on any colour channel you want :) Plug a noise brick into the alpha channel of the mix brick to see some groovy effects. Change the noise values to see yet more :)

Okay, I have to play with that some more then. :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Jaderail said:
    I got my hot pockets ready and about to eat them.

George Forman grill and a chicken breast turned into a wonderful grilled chicken sandwich. Now I'm satisfied tummy wise but very very bored.

I do not have a George Foreman Grill or know anything about them.

I want more cupcakes. I only have one left.

That was a pretty cupcake.

edited December 1969

Kind of a complaint: last week, I was writing microcontroller code. This week, I'm doing UI design. :smirk:

Who knows what in heck next week will bring? Visual BASIC? Photoshop? ARRGGHH!! :grrr:

I guess it'll all look good on a resume'.... meh.

Back to designing dialog boxes and forms.

edited December 1969

Who knows what in heck next week will bring?

Tentacles.

And leftover cake.

edited December 1969

my translucent dragon egg died.

I'll never be able to hatch another egg.

i need to find a new happening forum that allows eggies in the siggie.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    eggy won't clicky :(

thanks for trying

edited December 1969

Kind of a complaint: last week, I was writing microcontroller code. This week, I'm doing UI design. :smirk:

Who knows what in heck next week will bring? Visual BASIC? Photoshop? ARRGGHH!! :grrr:

I guess it'll all look good on a resume'.... meh.

Back to designing dialog boxes and forms.

so, you aren't making musio tracks anymore?

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Who knows what in heck next week will bring?

Tentacles.

And leftover cake.

Maybe! :vampire:

edited December 1969

Full of food (one soft taco, one crispy taco), watered (diet raspberry Snapple) and am sleepy. I want to go home and render but I have to pay stupid bills (ugh) and buy computer parts (ugh ugh).

Bored with drawing boxes and buttons. Meh. *grouse grouse* Think I'll go out for DEAD FISH IN A TRAY!

• SalvatoreSalvatore Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Full of pancakes myself (gf was tired and graved them, so I did the gentleman deed, pfffff, her fegies saved the day for me though,,)

Complaints,,,,,,
    As said,, tired,,

And,,
    I sold my house for a nice price a while back.
    (Glad for that part)

But, I need to move 4 households now, in 3 weeks, and I suspect it's time to panick now.

Hmpf, and I feel my bad mood dangers me to become vicious (checks my brakes,,).

On the sunny side, uhhmm, dammit, can't talk about that stuff,, more complaining then.
    Just had a traumatized guy over from NYC from the CIA, after some days sleeping over he instantly dicided to stay, now he's in room a few blocks away, funny anecdote, like me he also can remember the time he stlll was a baby, and as a reaction he was heavily psychoanalysed, drugged, and diagnosed crazy cause he's less damaged then the annalists, rather outrageous, for most it really does nor pay of not being insane,, **Grumpf**

Still tired,,

edited December 1969

Morning. Low puffy thick grey clouds giving off a sickly orangey-yellow glow - reflecting the city's streetlights - in the predawn outside my window. I'm having the day off today to honour Venus transiting the Sun - er, not really, it's just my turn - anyhow don't think I'll be squinting at Venus today those clouds are really low and thick and grey and looking a lot like they are here to stay. We haz flood warning, I filled up the beer 'fridge as a precaution :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Jaderail said:

George Forman grill and a chicken breast turned into a wonderful grilled chicken sandwich. Now I'm satisfied tummy wise but very very bored.

:)

cupK.jpeg
    300 x 225 - 12K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Low puffy thick grey clouds giving off a sickly orangey-yellow glow - reflecting the city's streetlights - in the predawn outside my window. I'm having the day off today to honour Venus transiting the Sun - er, not really, it's just my turn - anyhow don't think I'll be squinting at Venus today those clouds are really low and thick and grey and looking a lot like they are here to stay. We haz flood warning, I filled up the beer 'fridge as a precaution :)

Evening! I think I shall go to bed now. Possibly see Genesis-filled dreams. (Been tweaking this and that all afternoon long, between bouts of marveling my new fridge.)

edited December 1969

Full of food (one soft taco, one crispy taco), watered (diet raspberry Snapple) and am sleepy. I want to go home and render but I have to pay stupid bills (ugh) and buy computer parts (ugh ugh).

Bored with drawing boxes and buttons. Meh. *grouse grouse* Think I'll go out for DEAD FISH IN A TRAY!

I had dead Shark in a box yesterday, it was crispy :) TY for lovely poems, the world would be useless and meaningless without poets.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Ohboyohboyohboy psborg...

I saw venus when I was relaxing in France, big lamp on the horizon,, here in the Netherlands it's cloudy halve of the year, to cold at night 99% of the year, and light poluted the whole year, but in France,,,, FANTASTIC (not as cool as on that mountain in Switzerland, but still), in love and all that !

(Had a entertaining nerdy know-it-all talking at the campfire giving cosmological lectures, and pointing out the satellites passing by, the blinking light passing by are airplanes, fun.)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:

Evening! I think I shall go to bed now. Possibly see Genesis-filled dreams. (Been tweaking this and that all afternoon long, between bouts of marveling my new fridge.)

*waves* Just waking up here :)

edited December 1969

Salvatore said:
    ps1borg said:

I saw venus when I was relaxing in France, big lamp on the horizon,, here in the Netherlands it's cloudy halve of the year, to cold at night 99% of the year, and light poluted the whole year, but in France,,,, FANTASTIC (not as cool as on that mountain in Switzerland, but still), in love and all that !

(Had a entertaining nerdy know-it-all talking at the campfire giving cosmological lectures, and pointing out the satellites passing by, the blinking light passing by are airplanes, fun.)

Don't think the clouds outside could get much lower without sinking into the ground, its been raining for days here.

edited June 2012

ps1borg said:
    Salvatore said:
    ps1borg said:

Don't think the clouds outside could get much lower without sinking into the ground, its been raining for days here.

There has been more rain here in 1975, seems to brighten up though...

Post edited by Salvatore on
    edited December 1969

wahhh my draggie egg only has an hour left to hatch

Adopt one today!

there are some good hatcheries that can help your egg but now it is too late for that egg.
    I am able to keep my eggs alive though I cannot post them here.
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    Jaderail said:

:)

Buz lightyear cupcakes? Interesting concept. Food resembling favorite characters meant to be eaten. So people can eat their favorite characters?

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited June 2012

Is it wrong I find this creature so... Appealing? I get strange looks from people when I say this beastie is cute :3
    The Greater Basilisk is a little more menacing though. Their eyes glow (And thus you can't see their pupils), their teeth get bigger, they have a larger dewlap thingie, and they have HUGE EAR FRILLS :D

basilisk.jpg
    220 x 172 - 15K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited June 2012

BEER :-P especially with wasabi peas, nomms , slurrps

i stopped at wine shack today.

is there a lot of sunshine Spain? i can sorta taste sunshine in Spain wine and olive oil.

Post edited by Mistara on
This discussion has been closed.