The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited June 2012

I think it's quite the honor to have an admin amongst our midst in this thread.
    Hey does anyone remember what I called this thread before? I remember Terre really liked the name. Something like ... "The DAZ Community Open Blog Project" or similar.

Post edited by Rezca on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Dunno, I just know that right now I have a hankering for tentacles and cake.

Also, I'm sure that admins also have complaints to share! Besides, we're talking about cats, and cats are the awesomesauce critters of nature.

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Even if there are occasional misunderstandings about the direction the ownership arrow points....

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Dunno, I just know that right now I have a hankering for tentacles and cake.

Which reminds me there was a pic on the Cornucopia galleries I forgot to post:
    Creature-copy.jpg
    600 x 225 - 133K
    edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    Even if there are occasional misunderstandings about the direction the ownership arrow points....

Sure, but humans never know their place.

Cats == own everything. That pile of clean laundry? It is for the cat. Food on the table? Cat's! Simple as that.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Skiriki said:
    bwaomega said:

Sure, but humans never know their place.

Cats == own everything. That pile of clean laundry? It is for the cat. Food on the table? Cat's! Simple as that.
    The human on the couch, the cats. The food the human is eating, the cats. The big warm lump under the covers as the human sleeps, the cats. The fact we domesticated them and cross breed them to be pets just made it worse. Just ask a cat. this is the answer I get, "We thought evolution was great but you Humans speed it up and made us so purrfect. The fact many of you became our willing slaves was just bound to happen. Now clean my litter box and put some treats in my food dish."

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

ROFL!! Ain't that the truth.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The human on the couch, the cats. The food the human is eating, the cats. The big warm lump under the covers as the human sleeps, the cats. The fact we domesticated them and cross breed them to be pets just made it worse. Just ask a cat. this is the answer I get, "We thought evolution was great but you Humans speed it up and made us so purrfect. The fact many of you became our willing slaves was just bound to happen. Now clean my litter box and put some treats in my food dish."

Yup. And we do it, because they're so damn cute and adorable and the best pets in the world. Please grace me with a single purr, master Orcus. (The cat residing and overseeing my in-laws' place is named Orcus. His brother was called Demogorgon.)

edited December 1969

Gamers?

edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    Gamers?

But of course! :) We got a huge collection of RPG books, we have practically lined our walls with them.

edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    Gamers?

Challenge or question? If Question, Yes, yes I am a gamer. Paper RPG's prefered but others also enjoyed.
    edited June 2012

I wonder what inspired the naming/ranking system that Final Fantasy's spells use?
    /
    *** -> *ra -> *ga -> *ja
    e.g. Fire/Fira/Firaga/Firaja or in Kingdom Hearts only: Stop, Stopra, Stopga.
    On that note, I wonder why The Death Seraph in Tactics has spells like Blindja when he NEVER uses them. It's a pity too since Blindja has an awesome animation (Despite being the single most useless status condition in the game as it only reduces your accuracy if you're attacking from in front - not from the sides or back)
    *EDIT* I also LOVE the "Confused" animation that humans (And skeletons and goblins) have. Even if I'm inflicted with the status, it cracks me up watching them dance like that.
    In endgame, I love this: Artihmeticks -> Level Multiple of 3 -> Delirium. Pretty much makes everyone on the map confused, and it is a good laugh XD

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    bwaomega said:
    Gamers?

Challenge or question? If Question, Yes, yes I am a gamer. Paper RPG's prefered but others also enjoyed.

It was a question for Skiriki regarding the origins of the names for the cats. As for the other, I've been running tabletop games for over a quarter century. Doing two a week right now, plus playing in a third.

edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    It was a question for Skiriki regarding the origins of the names for the cats. As for the other, I've been running tabletop games for over a quarter century. Doing two a week right now, plus playing in a third.

Yep. Orcus and Demogorgon arrived as a package deal to my in-laws; they were ittibittikitties, one of those "watch where you step" sort, and originally named Tuesday and Monday ('cuz Orcus was born on Tuesday and the rest of the litter on Monday). But of course those were wussy names, so we called them Orcus and Demogorgon after a thoughtful moment.

It turns out that nomen est omen. They were pretty quarrelsome at times, with Demogorgon giving Orcus some what-for, except Orcus kind of had the final laugh since Demogorgon developed kidney problems after five years, and there was nothing we could do about it, antibiotics failed to clear it. But when they weren't fighting, they were pretty much best buddies forever, especially after the Dog came into the house. A common enemy they could hate together!

I am glad to report that Orcus continues that tradition with my in-laws' new puppy. Then again, Orcus is a smart cat.

• donahue_shelly@yahoo.com[email protected] Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Gym night tonight. My knee started bothering me about midway thru the evening, so I had to go look for some weights to work on my upper body - except I can't do too much there with a bad wrist.

I think tomorrow I'll go swimming. I need to buy a lock for a locker before I go though. The gym supplies the lockers but not the locks.

And then on Saturday, we're to have one hour of professional training. That's why I'm thinking of doing water works tomorrow (our 'homework' is to get 4 days of cardio in before Saturday - today marks the third day). It'll be something different and hopefully give my knee a chance to recover before Saturday.

I'm going to be pretty sore tomorrow.

edited December 1969

Well I'll be back in a day or two. >_>

edited December 1969

Going somewhere? Or taking a break?

edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    Jaderail said:
    bwaomega said:
    Gamers?

Sorry did not catch the directed at one user part. Happy to see all us Gamers into art though. I've been GMing for just a little longer than you but not by much. Nothing happening my my world or worlds if you will, I lost all my players to RL.

edited June 2012

bwaomega said:

Mostly a break. I am planning on going to the coast to take some pictures later this month, but right now I just need a break from the interwebs. :3
    Maybe I'll have some pretty photos and art to present when I get back to the forum.

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Ah, well two of the three games I have are at a friend's comic/games shop.

edited December 1969

Have a fun trip, Rezca. And try not to let the gaming talk get to you.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Also I learned my housemate owes over $200 to our landlord that he borrowed for cigarettes and potato chips o_O (And no he hasn't payed back any of it. Doesn't have a job either.)

...had a flat mate who I learned was taking our rent money and spending it on himself. I after being confronted by the Landlord about why it was so late so often, I ended up paying my share directly to him so I wouldn't get evicted. Of course when the 'mate learned I was doing this it was "high drama" time.

This is just one of the reasons why I really don't care to go back to a shared living situation again.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited June 2012

Skiriki said:
    bwaomega said:
    Gamers?

But of course! :) We got a huge collection of RPG books, we have practically lined our walls with them.
    ..been an RPG'r since my (second time around) college days. I look at it as co-operative storytelling.

Currently involved in a game that just started up which is a spinoff of the Shaodwrun campaign I GM'd just over a year or so ago. It takes place in London several years afterwards. The emphasis is on the "Role" in role play, so dice rolling only comes into play when a specific test must be made or a critical situation needs to be resolved.

I am playing one of the main personalities from my campaign, Her Grace Meggan Grande - Countess of Swindon, who is a social/empathic adept. The "story" involves a good deal of political intrigue with Meggan and her friend Lady Jane Percy, looking to coordinate the (hopeful) overthrow of the Lord Protector who has become just a wee bit too big for his britches.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..been an RPG'r since my (second time around) college days. I look at it as co-operative storytelling.

Currently involved in a game that just started up which is a spinoff of the Shaodwrun campaign I GM'd just over a year or so ago. It takes place in London several years afterwards. The emphasis is on the "Role" in role play, so dice rolling only comes into play when a specific test must be made or a critical situation needs to be resolved.

I am playing one of the main personalities from my campaign, Her Grace Meggan Grande - Countess of Swindon, who is a social/empathic adept. The "story" involves a good deal of political intrigue with Meggan and her friend Lady Jane Percy, looking to coordinate the (hopeful) overthrow of the Lord Protector who has become just a wee bit too big for his britches.

That sounds FUN. In one of the AD&D games I played we had to de-throne a King. Gelaim was senial and his Advisor an Ex-Commandor of his Army was the REAL power behind the Crown. Lord Belford kept raising taxes on the poor, and Banned Magic use within the Relam of Mestoralon. We as a troop had bought and ran a Tavern in Mast as we called it. Tarrifs were getting nasty, Elvish wine was next to impossible to afford unless you were a Lord or High Merchant. Very few dice rolls in those games. We had to get the Merchants and towns folks to Belive us about what was going on. One of the Troop was a High born, Lady Satinya, she was on the High court so we had a ear to all the insider stuff from the Kings mouth peace who ran the High court. That was some of the best games we ever played. When Belford called for Marshal Law after a small protest in the streets over his last tax increase, the High Merchants really started that one, not the players in any real way. It was game over for the King and him. The King stepped down in favor of his daughter Elloway, and we ran Belford all the way to the other side of the DragonTooth Mounts, in exile.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

I am tired. I want to get some sleep.

My computer clock was off by an hour. It was saying it was two am instead of three am. I would like it to be two am but I knew it had to be three am.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

I'm tired as well, 2240 Friday night here I got home an hour ago after a torrid day :)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    bwaomega said:

Mostly a break. I am planning on going to the coast to take some pictures later this month, but right now I just need a break from the interwebs. :3
    Maybe I'll have some pretty photos and art to present when I get back to the forum.

Have a great time! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Well, I got some sleep, but not enough. Strangely, I do not feel tired right now, even if I'm operating on two and half hours of sleep.

edited December 1969

It's Friday, overcast, warm, but I have complaints!!!

- Back is still sore
    - Legs hurt for no reason
    - Breakfast isn't as tasty as usual
    - Might rain and I left my umbrella at home
    - Low on hot tea
    - Computer parts are expensive
    - Software is expensive
    - Tooth needs filling

I think that's enough for today!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Well, I got some sleep, but not enough. Strangely, I do not feel tired right now, even if I'm operating on two and half hours of sleep.

Urgh, poor you! I hope you get more sleep soon.

This discussion has been closed.