The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My Day. Dailysis, get home and I'm 50%, read forums and I'm 50%. Start posting and I drop to about 30%. Decide I'm in need of a nap at 30% so I log off and Crash out. Wake up from nap and I'm only at 20%, maybe 15%. What's up with that? Decide to eat and gather myself. Cooking takes the last 15% to 20%, eat and pass out. NOT A NAP, just nod out with no choice.

Whole day is gone now, it is SUNDAY now, WAY early and I'm wide Awake. I demand somebody give me my Saturday back!!!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I woke up earlier, went back to bed, and when my cell phone woke me up with set alarm, I just set more time and slept, and then I woke up again and now I'm feeling like my brain is actively refusing to wake up...

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Took some pics of one of my dino models indoors. Nothing to be proud of, but he's handsome enough :3
    I wish I had a 3D model of him to play with in Cinema. Someday I might have one custom built.

Heh teh cuite, what big teeth it has... :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Indigo. Basic glass material. I say basic because no purdy settings are enabled.

glaqef.png
    626 x 768 - 634K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Haz tired today, lucky tomorrow is a holiday :)

What is the Holiday?

Lucky Day Holiday. I still have to work but many people have the day off.

is there fireworks for lucky day? i can hear bottlerockets from down the street. too bad the noise doesn;t scare the squitos away.
    ...how about trying 30,000 bottle rockets?

...or 10.5 million firecrackers?

The smoke alone may do them 'skeeters in.

edited June 2012

...reminder bot borked again. Guess some things never change.

Game called off because one of the players couldn't make it (we are a small group) Was so exhausted from the week, went back to bed and took a nap for a good part of the afternoon.

Day job is gong to get even more demanding as Friday I learned I will now be required to perform administrative duties for the Digital Print department in addition to my main account. This will add something like two dozen more job tickets to coordinate as well. Going to make the end pf the month a total living h**l as one of the DP clients has a major print run which involves updating and proofing at the turn of each month.

...and I still have to accomplish it all in an eight hour day with no overtime.

If it weren't for having to move this summer, I'd be sending out resumes and looking for a new job. Need to show some employment stability to get a new place.

I actually had a dream months ago concerning this (the move).

A couple years ago I had a dream that my notebook failed. That following October the HDD crashed.

Why does it seem the only dreams that come true are the bad ones?

If I ever really needed to hit that megabucks lotto, now is the time.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Had a decent forest image I made. Forgot to save it before I cleared the picture viewer. Now it's gone ;__;

edited December 1969

Anticipating the evening's complaint: I will have leftover cake.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Indigo. Basic glass material. I say basic because no purdy settings are enabled.

A seethroughasaur ;)

edited December 1969

Met a friend on Halo Matchmaking. I recognized his gamertag as his profile from FA (Taluthus) and his "UNSC Service Tag" was the next tip-off as it said "VORE". Sent him a PM on FA and it was confirmed. How about that? D
    Well we tried to join a game together but it keeps rejecting it saying our network settings aren't compatible for some reason. I did some searches but found nothing (useful). My best bet right now is restarting my router and hoping for the best.

Cake_in_the_face_by_SylxeriaGuardian.jpg
    600 x 303 - 106K
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Anticipating the evening's complaint: I will have leftover cake.

*noms*

edited December 1969

CAKE WAR!!!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morning. Haz tired today, lucky tomorrow is a holiday :)

What is the Holiday?

Lucky Day Holiday. I still have to work but many people have the day off.

It is the birthday of the Queen :)

a toast,

A Merry Many More
    Cheers

edited December 1969

Vue crashed (Out of Memory error) and it decided to take my entire computer down with it -__-
    Locked up to the point where a restart was the only thing that would make it budge. Cinema 4D NEVER EVER WEVER EVER EVER does this - even with super complex TP sims. E-On's Vue is great yes, but it SUCKS when it comes to stability. *sigh* A true love-hate relationship ^_^

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    CAKE WAR!!!
    tank_cake01.jpeg
    200 x 300 - 8K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Vue crashed (Out of Memory error) and it decided to take my entire computer down with it -__-
    Locked up to the point where a restart was the only thing that would make it budge. Cinema 4D NEVER EVER WEVER EVER EVER does this - even with super complex TP sims. E-On's Vue is great yes, but it SUCKS when it comes to stability. *sigh* A true love-hate relationship ^_^

*hates that*

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited June 2012

ps1borg said:
    Skiriki said:
    CAKE WAR!!!

The opposition will crumble

-------------------------

Or, for the less bellicose, "Bake love, not war".

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Skiriki said:
    CAKE WAR!!!

The opposition will crumble

-------------------------

Or, for the less bellicose, "Bake love, not war".
    I want the crumbs!!! Crumbs on my finger tip and a sip of Coffee. YUM!!

edited December 1969

Cant sleep, too much cake prolly ;(

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@ps1borg - argh, cake indigestion will ruin your sleep. for sure! :-S

Good morning from Austin! A warm 85F at 11:32AM and heading for the mid-90F range. Baked loach for dinner! :gulp:

Played with C8 Pro a lot yesterday as DS4 is just too painful for what I'm trying. It's pretty good so far as long as I don't push the VFX envelope with it, though I have some plugins that might make it possible again once I build the new machine. The CPU (i5 quad-core) arrives tomorrow, wheeeeee! Just 2 more weeks and I'll have all the parts! Then I need to replace my aging Asus laptop (which will be my online/writing/music production machine).

It's going to take about 6 months to save up for C4D Broadcast, so in the meantime I'm going to play with Carrara and occasionally yhr C4D demo (I haven't authorized it yet) just to get my 3D chops back. Hopefully in a week or so I'll have more tentacles and CAKE renders! :snake:

edited December 1969

COMPLAINT! There's no leftover cake. We ate it all.

edited June 2012

Rezca said:

...thanks for the information. One more reason not to get Vue.

...and you have a fairly powerful system compared to mine.

Hex 2.5 does the same to me and without warning. I don't have to restart the machine but I do need to go into Windows Task Manager to kill the process. At least when S3A crashes it clears out of memory and takes me back to my desktop.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I hate crashy software will a fiery vengeance! :coolgrin::snake:

Carrara 8.1 locks up both cores at 100% when I try to load a JPEG into the Displacement tab on a shader, I have to kill it with the task manager. Well, I won't do that any more! But Carraras bump maps are sucky. Meh.

Despite it, I have successfully loaded and rendered a nice cluster of tentacles in C8.1 Pro. Wheeee! Cake next!

edited June 2012

Cinema's Displacement is pretty nice, and if you enable Supbolygon Displacement (Only in Visualize, Broadcast, and Studio) it gets even better.
    Vray's displacement works much different though and I haven't yet figured it out. But both it and Indigo handles bump maps -IMO- a little better than native C4D.
    Also another pic of the "seethroughasaur" :3
    *EDIT* Hmm much darker than the last one. Re-rendering with a lighter Absorption color.

seethrough600.jpg
    600 x 375 - 103K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

@Rezca: cool image! Nice glass effect.

Carraras light cones are pretty nice and flexible, I have a tentacle cluster in a nice turbulent light cone. I might try animating it soon!

edited December 1969

I want my avytar back *Sad Face*

21046102274f792131c1443.gif
    100 x 81 - 73K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

We all want them back. I want my fizgig

edited December 1969

A better version. There is still some grain to be removed, but I think an hour cleared enough of it up to be acceptable.

seethrough600.jpg
    600 x 375 - 141K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

Frank0314 said:
    We all want them back. I want my fizgig

And I need my club back. I am losing my rep for being a nasty mod without it

Choavianime.gif
    100 x 100 - 8K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

I was supposed to work today but I was called early in the morning. Just before I was about to leave to go to work I checked my messages and it said that I did not have to come in. I went back to sleep and slept till four ish.

I had dreams I was at a college dorm. I could not find my room and I tried searching and searching. I fainted in the stairwell and somebody found me and tried to help me. Then a bunch of people were trying to form a attack pack against me. Somehow during that there were lots of my little pony toys all around. i was accused of hiding stuff in my clothes. some lady came and started wanting to touch my breasts. I suddenly was able to fly. this lady decided to destroy everything near by with some kind of saw or hedge trimmer not sure what. Then people were starting to call out a guy's name (do not remember it) I tried to leave to help find this guy. then i woke up.

confusing. huh.

This discussion has been closed.