The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Rezca said:
    Vue crashed (Out of Memory error) and it decided to take my entire computer down with it -__-
    Locked up to the point where a restart was the only thing that would make it budge. Cinema 4D NEVER EVER WEVER EVER EVER does this - even with super complex TP sims. E-On's Vue is great yes, but it SUCKS when it comes to stability. *sigh* A true love-hate relationship ^_^

...thanks for the information. One more reason not to get Vue.

...and you have a fairly powerful system compared to mine.

Hex 2.5 does the same to me and without warning. I don't have to restart the machine but I do need to go into Windows Task Manager to kill the process. At least when S3A crashes it clears out of memory and takes me back to my desktop.

And his review of Vue is more positive than mine. Between the performance of the program, and EON's Customer Disservice department, I am never going back.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

I am hungry.

edited December 1969

So sleepy

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Rezca said:
    Vue crashed (Out of Memory error) and it decided to take my entire computer down with it -__-
    Locked up to the point where a restart was the only thing that would make it budge. Cinema 4D NEVER EVER WEVER EVER EVER does this - even with super complex TP sims. E-On's Vue is great yes, but it SUCKS when it comes to stability. *sigh* A true love-hate relationship ^_^

Hex 2.5 does the same to me and without warning. I don't have to restart the machine but I do need to go into Windows Task Manager to kill the process. At least when S3A crashes it clears out of memory and takes me back to my desktop.

And his review of Vue is more positive than mine. Between the performance of the program, and EON's Customer Disservice department, I am never going back.

As stubborn as I am with my software, I've said that several times but still come back to it. Yeah it's customer support is abysmal compared to MAXON's (Even in the forums), and it's stability varies between releases (9.x wasn't as stable as 7 & 10.), but I still enjoy making stuff with it. Now, if MAXON were able to get that same sort of atmosphere(s) and scattering tech Vue has, I could drop Vue entirely. Until then, I'm just going to bear the occasional crash ^_^;

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

So sleepy

I am awake! RRaaaaaagh, why I'm awake at 3 am!? I went to bed like a decent human being, early and all that jazz, and now I'm awake!

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Pea-soup foggy and not quite freezing day under a leaden sky outside my window, not great for a holiday day :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    So sleepy

I am awake! RRaaaaaagh, why I'm awake at 3 am!? I went to bed like a decent human being, early and all that jazz, and now I'm awake!

I slept until 930, a record sleep in but is just too cold to be doing much else :)

edited June 2012

I hate crashy software will a fiery vengeance! :coolgrin::snake:

Carrara 8.1 locks up both cores at 100% when I try to load a JPEG into the Displacement tab on a shader, I have to kill it with the task manager. Well, I won't do that any more! But Carraras bump maps are sucky. Meh.

Despite it, I have successfully loaded and rendered a nice cluster of tentacles in C8.1 Pro. Wheeee! Cake next!

Turn off texture caching in Carraras general prefs, might help with that :) Eta think it is called texture spooling

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Complaint: freebie hoarding tendencies. *sigh* Well, that's why I have so big HD...

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Wasn't that why the terabyte drive was made? To allow for freebie hoarding?

edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    Wasn't that why the terabyte drive was made? To allow for freebie hoarding?

Yes. And I have 2 terabyte + 1 terabyte HDs. ;)

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I have three (3) 2-TB drives and one (1) 3-TB drive and room for 4 more drives, but I'm not boasting cause my homemade puter prolly cost 3 or 4 times more than most other puters and I'm not sure it is any better.

edited December 1969

I'm just going to do some HD hygiene right now. :) Removing some crap, and I've made quite a nice dent to it already. And, of course, installing good stuff!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Rezca said:

...of course for me e-on software is located here in the Portland metro area (not very far from where I work) so I guess If I had a major issue I could actually storm into their offices and demand a fix.

edited December 1969

...well once again the weekend comes to an end too abruptly.

Not looking forward to the coming work week as I am going to be spread so thin it will make a silicon wafer look beefy. Bought a four pack of Red Bull as I will need it. The only downside is it only the small (8.4oz) cans. They really need to put the full pints in 4 packs. or come out with a 2 Litre bottle.

Between the day job and the housing situations, I feel like I'm at the controls of and Airbus A-380 with the computer blue screened and in an unrecoverable flat spin to h**l.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    So sleepy

It is about one am here and I am only just a bit sleepy.

edited December 1969

1640 and the thick fog lifted a couple of hours ago so we have been outside enjoying a bit of sunshine There are football games going on and the hood is a little more crowded than normal ;)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well once again the weekend comes to an end too abruptly.

Not looking forward to the coming work week as I am going to be spread so thin it will make a silicon wafer look beefy. Bought a four pack of Red Bull as I will need it. The only downside is it only the small (8.4oz) cans. They really need to put the full pints in 4 packs. or come out with a 2 Litre bottle.

Between the day job and the housing situations, I feel like I'm at the controls of and Airbus A-380 with the computer blue screened and in an unrecoverable flat spin to h**l.

Oh noes, a bumpy ride is time to put on a seatbelt - or a parachute

edited December 1969

Melody is Meowing a lot with some purring and occasional panting. She wants something but is unable to say what. I hope I can go to sleep soon as it is two thirty am and I need my sleep.

edited December 1969

...how far along is she?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...how far along is she?

Not sure as the vet never said.

edited December 1969

...you might want to get him or her to give a better response.

One thing though when the time is close she will instinctively attempt to build a "nest" in a semi secluded area. I would maybe leave an empty box somewhere or a bottom dresser drawer open with some towels in it.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...how far along is she?

Not sure as the vet never said.

You will find out soon enough :)

edited December 1969

She has found a stack of magazines in the corner and has shredded up them. She is currently in that corner. I can hear her but cannot see her. She is not meowing right now though. She is now quiet.

edited June 2012

...sounds like the time may be fairly close. If you can I would still place some clean towels there.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

her tail is wet and she is meowing and meowing.

edited December 1969

Towels. Now.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Towels. Now.

her corner is hard to reach. I just threw a towel into it. She is not in the corner right now.
    She appeared to be going back into the corner and then changed her mind.

edited December 1969

If her tail is wet, and she's meowing constantly, chances are extremely high that she'll give birth in a jiffy.

Which means that you may need to observe the process, and see that she won't get into trouble. It will be a process filled with lots of squicky things. If Melody fails to do what mommy kittens are meant to do, you have to step in to help.

Also note that a cat can give birth over time -- Orcus, for example, was born on Tuesday, whereas the rest of the litter was born on Monday.

edited December 1969

if she is about to give birth then why is she on my lap looking for pets?

This discussion has been closed.