Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited May 2020

oh Veronika, look who I found at Rendo kiss

alie Carrara0033.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 551K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

oh Veronika, look who I found at Rendo kiss

laughyes Cool!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited May 2020

Another one !

Alie 2 Topaz.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Breakout!

Stezza said:

Breakout!

What about the infamous Bludgerigar from Swamp ?

Bunyip02 said:

Another one !

So nice! Walk like Budha.

Stezza said:

Breakout!

Cutie birdies! Did you model them all?

Vyusur said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Another one !

So nice! Walk like Budha.

Thanks !

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    Vyusur said:
    Stezza said:

Breakout!

Cutie birdies! Did you model them all?

not the birds, they are Ken Gilliland's Songbird Remix parrots from Hivewire3D wink

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,830
    edited May 2020

As an experiment, I decided to try making space scenes in different 3D programs. My attempts with Terragen and Vue were non-starters; I realized that I didn't know enough about those two programs to get anything close to the results I wanted. I had a little more luck with DAZ Studio, which gave me this image. However, I think my best result to date came from good old Carrara -- see below.

The planets are simple shaded spheres (actually, spheres within spheres within spheres). The backdrop is a NASA photograph of the Lagoon Nebula, and there's a fog volume in there to make things a little more blurry and misty. The stars are courtesy of @Dartanbeck's excellent Starry Skies for Carrara (sadly no longer available at the DAZ store). I did a little postwork in Photoshop in the upper left, but otherwise it's straight out of the Carrara renderer.

Post edited by bytescapes on

As an experiment, I decided to try making space scenes in different 3D programs. My attempts with Terragen and Vue were non-starters; I realized that I didn't know enough about those two programs to get anything close to the results I wanted. I had a little more luck with DAZ Studio, which gave me this image. However, I think my best result to date came from good old Carrara -- see below.

The planets are simple shaded spheres (actually, spheres within spheres within spheres). The backdrop is a NASA photograph of the Lagoon Nebula, and there's a fog volume in there to make things a little more blurry and misty. The stars are courtesy of @Dartanbeck's excellent Starry Skies for Carrara (sadly no longer available at the DAZ store). I did a little postwork in Photoshop in the upper left, but otherwise it's straight out of the Carrara renderer.

Lovely render !!!

• StarWars Episode VII: The Duel In The Force Awakens

Link: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/1008136

The duel in the Force Awakens.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited May 2020

Beautiful render, @bytescapes.  Great sense of depth and mood.  

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited May 2020

StarWars Episode VII: The Duel In The Force Awakens

Link: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/1008136

@Pandro_Renders_True - Love the tension in the expressions. Some nice depth of field.  Excellent.

@Stezza - keep the birds in!  There be a virus out there.  Aaaar (supposed to be a pirate ar).  Another great one.

@Bunyip02 - that may be one of my favorites.  Love the pose and the expression.  

Carrara folks. 

Please consider participating in this month's challenge.  The theme is fun and open to many creative interpretations.  We have a great selection of entries already IMHO, but it would be even better with more people joining in.  

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/400821/carrara-challenge-52-carrara-cryptids-wip-thread/p1

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I feel so guilty and a party pooper but I like playing with my software not competing with it,

I honestly don't have a compeditive bone in my body, never enter any competitions in my day to day life or try and beat anyone at anything.

Feel really bad if I do, winning is not an enjoyable experience for me, also I don't stick with one workflow, I even use DAZ studio as well as heaps of other softwares to do stuffs.

I like looking at everyone elses stuffs as art but it is just not my thing at all, doing competitions and voting.

edited May 2020

Don't feel guilty, Wendy.  Nor should anyone else who frequents the forum but doesn't participate in the monthly challenges for any reason.  I am extending a genuine reminder and invitation, not trying to give anyone a guilt trip.  I'm sure Wendy doesn't need a reminder, but there are a few other people who only infrequently visit the Daz forums, but who may have the more general "Post your renders" thread marked.  I am reaching out to them.  They may not have given thought to the monthly challenge and by posting here I may have triggered an announcement for them.

As for competition, if I was being competitive, I wouldn't be soliciting more entries.  An angel am I.  angel

edited June 2020

Vrooom

CarVroom 1b TopazAdjust.png
    1600 x 920 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited June 2020

Fancy schmancy, Bunyip02.  I want one.  I want it now!

Meanwhile, I paid tribute to one of my inspirations, the great stone face, Mr. Buster Keaton.  Simple G2M render with B&W GMIC filter.

Buster Keaton Oskarson Slapstick Char GMIC filter.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 167K
    Diomede said:

Meanwhile, I paid tribute to one of my inspirations, the great stone face, Mr. Buster Keaton.  Simple G2M render with B&W GMIC filter.

T%hanks !

Looks like Buster is in trouble again - nice render !!

Bunyip02 said:
    Diomede said:

T%hanks !

Looks like Buster is in trouble again - nice render !!

+1

It would be even more nicer with soft shadows turned on.

edited June 2020

Thanks for the comments, Bunyip and Vyusur.  Soft shadows would be much better.  Here is another quickie.  This is the G2F Keiko character in a Howie Farke's mystic mushroom scene.

keiko in howie 2.jpg
    1524 x 2000 - 548K
    edited June 2020

Yet another quickie.  In celebration of Dartanbeck's generous donations, here is a render with his starry sky.  I already owned it.

dart starry sky.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 77K
    edited June 2020

But wait, there is more.  Here is Storm Castle (I apologize for not knowing the creator) in Dart's starter setting for woodland realms.

StormCastle.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 130K
    edited June 2020

And a dragon 3 in the mountains

Dragon in mountains.png
    2000 x 1500 - 4M
    edited June 2020

3D Universe Fun

soldiers 1.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 173K
    edited June 2020

Experimenting with a backdrop with some old plant related props.

set backdrop 01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 321K

Woohoo, fun quickies - Dragon is my favourite !!!

Bunyip02 said:

Woohoo, fun quickies - Dragon is my favourite !!!

I admit that I did the quickies to be the person to flip the page to 100.  devil

But I got tired and went to bed.  sad

This discussion has been closed.