Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• ..a bit more work (thanks Mystarra for your nice comment) - still don't know where I'm going...

Added a curved wall section

The Archi-construct thus far...

• ..and a bit more work...

Started to look at the scene's overall colour; tightened up some of the shaders (DCG's Anything Goos is a marvel) and adjusted the lighting & shadows.

The Archi-construct thus further... (click to see the bigger picture)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2020

the bday version

metaball preset in native content

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    FENgari said:

..and a bit more work...

Started to look at the scene's overall colour; tightened up some of the shaders (DCG's Anything Goos is a marvel) and adjusted the lighting & shadows.

Fantastic lighting and shadows.  And that means the shaders for your walls must also be excellent (eg, highlights, etc).  Love seeing these progress updates.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited February 2020
    Mystarra said:

the bday version

How many birthdays do you have this month?  LOL.  Happy birthday again.  Hope you are having a great month.  Really fun animation that shows off the metaballs.  Balloons are a fun touch.

Post edited by Diomede on
    Diomede said:
    Mystarra said:

the bday version

How many birthdays do you have this month?  LOL.  Happy birthday again.  Hope you are having a great month.  Really fun animation that shows off the metaballs.  Balloons are a fun touch.

it gices the illusion of bubbles popping.  kewl stuff.

Started to look at the floor and distance - I may well change these as the image just looks like the kind of Poster Colour paintings I did when I was 15. Maybe I'll let it go down this route and GIMP it or ... (who knows? - I don't; LOL)

• Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 82
    edited February 2020

Okay. I honestly now have a deep respect for displacement maps.

Untextured

Exported as OBJ file format with displacement > Converted Displacement as Vertex.

Doc4U.png
    640 x 480 - 234K
    Post edited by Scorpio87 on

looks good!!

i've always wanted a modeled cobblestone streets. instead of bump maps.

• Mystarra said:

looks good!!

Thanks, and sweet I'll go model a cobblestone street! Any ideas? when finished ill provide the files here. :)

(IE: post a rough sketch idea with any painting program or drawing)

Joanght said:
    Mystarra said:

looks good!!

Thanks, and sweet I'll go model a cobblestone street! Any ideas? when finished ill provide the files here. :)

that is very kind of you.  thank you.

i'm futzing with the courtyard.  is all bump maps.   parked it on the medieval docks

messing with this one too.  doesn't seem to be in the store no longer

so the trick is to use the bump maps as displacement maps and convert to vertex?

Hated the last update! - so I changed my shaders to compensate and increased the contrast of light and shadow by adjusting the lighting and, in case you didn't notice (joke) I added some pots. I'm wondering what character(s) to add if any or maybe some plants - even some Ivy (I know that one or two of you just love sets covered in Ivy!)

The Archi-construct thus further redone... (click to see the bigger picture)

edited February 2020
    Mystarra said:
    Joanght said:
    Mystarra said:

looks good!!

so the trick is to use the bump maps as displacement maps and convert to vertex?

Correct, as explained by Headwax , Wendyluvscatz, and Philemo_Carrara in the post https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/386026/question-how-to-create-rough-geometric-surface-in-carrara-ie-stone-surface#latest

Headwax said:

quickest way is put a vertex sphere in modelling room then in shader room in the displacement channel add (for example) noise 

tweak till happy

then export the object with morphs and skinning applied - when you bring the obj back into carrara the displcement will be baked into it

squash and pull the object till it looks like a stone

personally I woul drop a stone texture into the displacement chennel and do the same thing - but that would be using a texture

better result would be obtained using organic in the modelling room - first draw a flat shape with interpolated curve, then fill (Model>Fillpolygon) that after closing it then use Construct>Organic - then use the above displavcemnt trick

Keep in mind however, the greater displacement subdivision is done, the higher quality you can create, but larger the object file. (My stone brick is 308Mb large as an Obj file).

I have two versions of my brick, one is for close ups (for walls that the camera is close by) and smaller displacement count for far away shots.

High 308Mb > Low 38Mb

Joanght said:
    Mystarra said:
    Joanght said:
    Mystarra said:

looks good!!

Correct, as explained by Headwax , Wendyluvscatz, and Philemo_Carrara in the post https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/386026/question-how-to-create-rough-geometric-surface-in-carrara-ie-stone-surface#latest

Headwax said:

quickest way is put a vertex sphere in modelling room then in shader room in the displacement channel add (for example) noise 

tweak till happy

then export the object with morphs and skinning applied - when you bring the obj back into carrara the displcement will be baked into it

squash and pull the object till it looks like a stone

personally I woul drop a stone texture into the displacement chennel and do the same thing - but that would be using a texture

better result would be obtained using organic in the modelling room - first draw a flat shape with interpolated curve, then fill (Model>Fillpolygon) that after closing it then use Construct>Organic - then use the above displavcemnt trick

Keep in mind however, the greater displacement subdivision is done, the higher quality you can create, but larger the object file. (My stone brick is 308Mb large as an Obj file).

I have two versions of my brick, one is for close ups (for walls that the camera is close by) and smaller displacement count for far away shots.

High 308Mb > Low 38Mb

i trying for enough depth for ambient occlusion shadows to gather in the grout.

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited February 2020

..and just a bit more work...

So, what's new? First the not so obvious water plane has been revised - can you spot the difference??? New vertex items have been added - don't you just love Carrara's SoftBody Physics? I do! Also the view through the arch has changed slightly.

I only created three cloaked figurines (see farther down), but viewed from different angles they managed to supply five points of interest (maybe?) I think this image is nearing completion - just one final touch. Everything is done in Carrara - no postwork - no external assets. I started with a blank document, built everything and created all the textures from scratch - this makes me happy; I'm a creative person at heart (I suppose.)

The Archi-construct thus further redone... (click to see the bigger picture)

The figurines (front and back)
    image   image

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

been watching these pages... very cool.. love it heart  yes

• The final story... "The year 3017...!" (Click for the bigger picture)

Added items to complete the picture, rain using a plane with alpha texture and a simple tree (see images below)

image image

• PS: forgot to mention - all textures are procedural, including displacement maps and atmospheric effects.

• nice lighting 

• Thanks - I'm sorry the project has ended... Now I need to find something else to 'discover!"

mebbe you can figure out the sphere to dust ?  Sphere To Dust in Carrara - YouTube smiley

it's so beautiful.  

been trying for months to figure it out. broken heart  tried a combination of dissolve destruction modifier and particles and animated shders
    particles spawning particles spawning particles.  shooting particle emitters from a particle emitter.
    watched every cripeman tutt on particles. 

mebbe with some Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky - Composition

• My initial thoughts would be to use Fluidos II ... you can control the physics to produce a sudden burst that throws everything outwards [Point Force].

i do love fluidos looks,  but i got my heart set on s to d for my movie opening. is mesmerizing.  if i knew how lol

• Mystarra said:

mebbe you can figure out the sphere to dust ?  Sphere To Dust in Carrara - YouTube smiley

it's so beautiful.  

been trying for months to figure it out. broken heart  tried a combination of dissolve destruction modifier and particles and animated shders
    particles spawning particles spawning particles.  shooting particle emitters from a particle emitter.
    watched every cripeman tutt on particles. 

mebbe with some Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky - Composition

Speaking of obj particals in carrara pro, and tutorials is Dimensiont still active on the daz3d forums? (User from the youtube video). I remember the user was rather active here back in 2009 , 2010.
  • I have bad news for you - I see that the animation was created BEFORE Fluidos was available. I, therefore, suspect it was accomplished using PyCarrara.

A simple solution would be to break a sphere up into 800,000 pieces and use PySwarm to animate those pieces.

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    FENgari said:

PS: forgot to mention - all textures are procedural, including displacement maps and atmospheric effects.

Thank you for sharing your exquisite discoveries!

edited February 2020

I made a quick low baked London cobble brick pathway 72inx32in (Object files). The .Car document is 115 mb large. I had some difficulties uploading 117mb. Some of the screenshots here will show the baked displacement map onto the object. There are no texture maps to any of the objects, the shadows casting upon the now 3d geometrics is what gives it's depth.

I kept the displacement level low to reduce the amount of file size.

Each brick would have had the original file size of 407mb, I reduced it down to 12mb per brick.

407mb baked object has alot more detail quality than the 12mb brick , however far away the details are negligible.

Doc7.png
    1110 x 557 - 404K
    Doc8.png
    1110 x 557 - 357K
  • FENgari said:

I have bad news for you - I see that the animation was created BEFORE Fluidos was available. I, therefore, suspect it was accomplished using PyCarrara.

A simple solution would be to break a sphere up into 800,000 pieces and use PySwarm to animate those pieces.

In a word "PyCloid" - if you can get it to work on your machine?

• Thank you for sharing your exquisite discoveries!

No thank you - for your encouragement !!!

Thanks smiley Py* sounds promising 

This discussion has been closed.