Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Diomede said:

Wonderful ants!  I especially like the hair on the limbs in the second.  Canceling my picnic plans now.

great job Stezza, me? I am bagon-ning my clothes now...  and got an itch in my neck - we only have trapdoors here

Diomede said:

And here is a quick 

Vicky 7 in a meadow with a shotgun, VIAMWAS

both nice renders! I like the composition in this one better because you can see the rifle at a cleaner angle

tthe lighting in t'other is better as you know

I noticed Daz studio has a dforce thing for blowing leaves so I thought I'd have a play with Carrara's Bullet Physics

It's quick and dirty but proves the methology 

Method - take a tree.obj with trunk and leaves

copy and paste

on one remove the trunk

on the other remove the leaves

remove all leaves bar one

apply your physics forces to it

use surface replicator to replicate the leafe on the trunk

make these reall instances

remove original surface replicator

• I don't really use Carra for personal stuff anymore, only as a tool for work. I thought you might like to see how a Carrara/Hexagon/Daz/CorelDraw workflow has been used in business. I'm  the Creative Director for a company with two amusement parks in Orlando. I was tasked with creating Theming/Signage for a new roller coaster. We wanted to create a flying sci-fi figure in the vein of Iron Man/ Rocketeer, etc. I used Carrara with a Micheal figure and oufit which was re-textured. This was 5 years ago, the sci-fi suits available weren't as good as now. I rendered the pre-vis in Carrara and used an iso render of the figure in the logo. I exported the model to Hexagon as an obj file for the prop company. They had a computerized 3D foam cutter and use Hexagon as their modeler of choice. The figure was cut out of multiple sections and mounted on a large steel skeleton. It's then sprayed with a very hard outer coating and painted. Actual figure is about 13' tall and installed in sections. 

A couple of years later we were approached by a VR company about using our coaster for a VR experience. They took the model and rebuilt it from scratch and incorporated it into the VR scene. I sent them the 3d model of the coaster from the manufacturer so that the VR could be synced with the motion of the coaster. This syncing allows the motion and G-forces to match the VR image which takes away the disconnect and queasiness you can feel with stationary VR. It's really exciting, but hard to decsribe unless you've ridden it. Now you can see how the workflow incorporates all the software. I'll post a few more images next.

Doc1.jpg
    1800 x 1845 - 226K
    FF figure 2.jpg
    1200 x 1230 - 70K
    Freedom Flyer support.jpg
    1818 x 2000 - 605K
    FF Theming 2.jpg
    1800 x 1062 - 376K
    freedom flyer sign.jpg
    1199 x 960 - 114K
    Science poster 2.jpg
    1441 x 1800 - 412K
    344 x 611 - 22K
    1633 x 2177 - 224K
  • More images

20130606_181113.jpg
    1350 x 1800 - 387K
    DSCF2020.JPG
    1800 x 1350 - 382K
    Science poster 2.jpg
    1441 x 1800 - 412K
    Freedom_Flyer_stills_ (13).jpg
    1279 x 1800 - 495K
    VR Poster rev.jpg
    1387 x 1800 - 410K
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    head wax said:

I noticed Daz studio has a dforce thing for blowing leaves so I thought I'd have a play with Carrara's Bullet Physics

copy and paste

on one remove the trunk

HW, that is pretty cool, thanks for posting!  I guess I'll hold off on getting DForce for a while longer.

(that was a joke).

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

I don't really use Carra for personal stuff anymore, only as a tool for work. I thought you might like to see how a Carrara/Hexagon/Daz/CorelDraw workflow has been used in business. I'm  the Creative Director for a company with two amusement parks in Orlando. I was tasked with creating Theming/Signage for a new roller coaster. We wanted to create a flying sci-fi figure in the vein of Iron Man/ Rocketeer, etc. I used Carrara with a Micheal figure and oufit which was re-textured. This was 5 years ago, the sci-fi suits available weren't as good as now. I rendered the pre-vis in Carrara and used an iso render of the figure in the logo. I exported the model to Hexagon as an obj file for the prop company. They had a computerized 3D foam cutter and use Hexagon as their modeler of choice. The figure was cut out of multiple sections and mounted on a large steel skeleton. It's then sprayed with a very hard outer coating and painted. Actual figure is about 13' tall and installed in sections. 

Excellent work Patrick!  Appreciate you sharing your workflow and results.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Neat stuff Patrick! (long time no see on the forum)

Love the giant statue.

More images

wonderful stuff Patrick - nice to see you around again

head wax said:

copy and paste

on one remove the trunk

HW, that is pretty cool, thanks for posting!  I guess I'll hold off on getting DForce for a while longer.

(that was a joke).

ha ha thanks yes, me too will be holding off dforce

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

+1 @Patrick210

wow... yes

head wax said:

copy and paste

on one remove the trunk

cool stuff.. and like it is where we live at the moment with leaves and bark and stuff getting blown or burnt around yes

edited January 2018
    Stezza said:
    head wax said:

cool stuff.. and like it is where we live at the moment with leaves and bark and stuff getting blown or burnt around yes

Thanks Stezza. :) I just spent two hours in the surf ...so my nose looks like your burnt bark !  great place oz :)

Should replace those leaves with Carrara Fire - you could just animate the leaf shader a little :)  green to black with an animated raggedty edge transmap 

Post edited by Headwax on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited January 2018

I did an autumn animation once 

I used particles

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

that's cause you're smart ! looks great Wendy!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Patrick - thanks for sharing this, a great project!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    PhilW said:

Nice to see another business graphics artist!  yes Silene

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,341
    PhilW said:

+1 yes

Carrara Doodling

Robots OnLine

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Diomede said:

And here is a quick 

Vicky 7 in a meadow with a shotgun, VIAMWAS

VIAMWAS

kewl!laugh

Stezza said:

Carrara Doodling

Robots OnLine

tee hee, online

BENDER!heart

laugh

Glad to say... no probs with the new HiveWire dog in Carrara after a few adjustments to textures...

added some Carrara Hair.. Rendered in Carrara - props made in Carrara

Stezza said:

laugh

Glad to say... no probs with the new HiveWire dog in Carrara after a few adjustments to textures...

added some Carrara Hair.. Rendered in Carrara - props made in Carrara

terrific news!!! thanks for that - did you get the morph pack and the labrador thingy as well - does it do cute pups ?

that robot collection is amazing - did  you model Robby the Robot and B9?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

@Sezza - great to see the Hivewire dog in Carrara.  Great image, you know the hivewire cat is pissed and isn't going to stay quiet about it.  

Heading over to check it out...

edited January 2018

lol..

a - b - c.   I got all that was released... other breeds will be released at a later date

d.   yep.. modeled Robby the Robot.. modeled it in one of the challenges back here back in 2013!!

e.   nope didn't model B9 ... but I started modeling something yesterday with the same theme cool wink

one of my WiPs back then....

Post edited by Stezza on
    edited January 2018
    Stezza said:

lol..

a - b - c.   I got all that was released... other breeds will be released at a later date

d.   yep.. modeled Robby the Robot.. modeled it in one of the challenges back here back in 2013!!

e.   nope didn't model B9 ... but I started modeling something yesterday with the same theme cool wink

classic image Stezza, Robby looks hard, I went theasy way when I made this one-

I stuck with B9 :) he appears at the 3.40 mark!

Roy's robot repair service is named after @Roygee, with whom I started modelling in anim8or many years ago

Post edited by Headwax on
    Diomede said:

@Sezza - great to see the Hivewire dog in Carrara.  Great image, you know the hivewire cat is pissed and isn't going to stay quiet about it.  

I reckon... it's already plucked the tail out of the budgies backside!.... 

Stezza said:
    Diomede said:

I reckon... it's already plucked the tail out of the budgies backside!.... 

tawt i taw a putty tat

head wax said:
    Stezza said:

lol..

Roy's robot repair service is named after @Roygee, with whom I started modelling in anim8or many years ago

that's awesome.... a lot of work in that I reckon..

I might have a go at modeling a B9... even though I already have one lol

@Mistara you did.... you did taw a putty tat lol

Stezza said:
    head wax said:
    Stezza said:

lol..

that's awesome.... a lot of work in that I reckon..

I might have a go at modeling a B9... even though I already have one lol

@Mistara you did.... you did taw a putty tat lol

thanks Stezza, everything is modelled in anim8or or carrara.

all rendering in Carrara

it was bliss when I found Carrara after using anim80r for animations. Carrara rocks.

Anim8or is a great modeller - but for even something as simple

as duplicating those hemispheres on the Dalek - Carrara made life a lot easier.

Sad that Daz can't afford the upkeep of Carrara... crying

at least other places have the latest stuff that works smiley

This discussion has been closed.