Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    FENgari said:

My latest foray into Carrara's NLA...

I love this!

..so much so had a little play myself:

Doc2 by Selinita

NOTE:

1. I used SwishMax 4 (now abandoned) to create the animated eyes
    2. The resultant alpha-avi was applied as a mixing control to a specific, segregated shading area of the UVd model (see detail below - click for the bigger picture.)
    3. NLA clips (I'm not too familiar with these either!) were used to animate the model - I quickly learned not to mix Quaternion and Angles on the same timeline! ..across different timelines - OK
    4. As a side: I also used SwishMax 4 to convert my 'final' Carrara avi to animated gif - it gives a better result and there isn't the horrendous change in clip speed

Very cool. It bothers me when cool software is abandoned :(

It case you didn't know, PD Howler has Mimic-like visemes in cartoon form for cartoony lip syncing. Really cool. Developer Dan Ritchie makes really cool animated cartoons and so he drew these by hand and includes them with the software. Really fun animation art room = Howler! If I remember right, there are three complete sets of visemes, each a different look.

Wow! Just having fun looking through so many wonderful projects and renders! Very Nice, All! Bravo!!!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

posted this in the holiday gifts thread.  but here it is again. lol

about 30 hours of tweaking efforting.  in one attempt the snow flakes were floating up.  i knoww.  lol..think gravity was too weak.
    i couldn't make em bounce.  was supposed to spawn more particles on collision.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Wow, great stuff, Misty.  And thank you very much.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

+1 on that  yes

edited December 2019

surprise

Bang.png
    800 x 600 - 165K
    Post edited by Stezza on

bang bang the warrior

silly video, looks like a guy tangled in spaghetti
    so silly i feel embarrassed watching it

edited December 2019

I opened the box!

wink

I opened the box.png
    640 x 480 - 348K
    Post edited by Stezza on

didyanno theres an astronaut in the native obj ?

Mercury

merc.png
    1300 x 1000 - 1013K

rendering a 600 frame spin.  checking prgress, astronaut starting to come round again.  tee hee

venus wip.JPG
    825 x 426 - 63K
    edited December 2019

Fun fact: When Venus is brightest to our Earthly eyes, it is getting the smallest sliver of light from the sun! 

Shown here with my Starry Sky for Carrara

VenusSS.jpg
    640 x 480 - 14K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on

astronnaut on his way to the dark side of venus  lol

venus wip2.JPG
    461 x 435 - 35K
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411

Another BANG from Fluidos II in Carrara.

Explosion.png
    1280 x 1280 - 987K
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 2019

very first try to tweak skin shaders in carrara and import into D/S, rendering with 3delight

3de.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
    Post edited by magaremoto on

smiley

Hey! That looks like Starry Sky for Carrara!

@Alberto Looking forward to trying that! So, this is a totally different type of Fluidos setup?

@magaremoto Really? How did that happen?!!! I tend to like the render option in Carrara vastly over 3Delight, but still... the possibilities expand! Besides, that means that we could likely also then convert them to Iray? 

I've actually been playing with Global Illumination a bit recently. Also with Indirect Lighting. Really fun to have a machine that can actually do this fairly quickly, even for animations. 

edited December 2019

as you know DB; the shader editor in carrara is very powerful yet intuitive so it should be a chance you might have for your goals to get the best from both tools: 3delight is closer to carrara renderer than iray  as they share the same raytracing based philosophy, but you can effectively setup materials in carrara and render them within iray; of course there are some limitations due to phong shaders model but the outcome isn't that bad

in the following try you can see some scanned figures into the scene for a quick comparison: as you may notice the three daz gals from left are in matte shading mode (no reflection, no sss..., only the baked maps from carrara via dae format) nevertheless they show an acceptable skin and the render is very fast too. Of course you can export only a little amount of functions among the plethora of functions inside the carrara editor

here I added a bluish fog into 3delight and changed the gamma from 1.8 to 1.9

24.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 406K
    Post edited by magaremoto on

So you're getting the Carrara materials to DS/3Dlight via dae export. Sweet. How well does it load into DS's Sufaces, pretty consitently? Like, will the Highlight channel end up in Spec?

well, once imported tha dae figure into d/s, you must save each single shader as shader preset and then you can merge it to the desired d/s shader; this rule is valid for each daz figure, from v4 to g8; there are tricks to speed up the procedure within daz studio. As for the channels, the highlight one goes to reflection; as far as I learned, glossiness and reflection  are being read correctly but the most important thing is that you can use the operators in carrara to tweak the maps. For instance in the scene above I'd been using the subtract mode to change the maps a little bit and make them as similar as possible to the scanned figures. It can be made in d/s also but I feel very comfortable with carrara and the render output is pretty the same with carrara and 3delight so you have 2 tools to work with. Moreover 3delight is very fast when renders hair or sss

Ahhh... Gotcha.

Yeah, I've seen how DS has nice 'copy-over-to' features. I mean, to me it's nowhere near the equivalent of Carrara's awesome "Consolidate Duplicate Shaders", which I've (finally) set to happen on load in preferences. But still, it beats having to tweak every material separately.

I do like DS. I just don't like it nearly as much as I like Carrara. But I think that Carrara was developed from the ground up to cater to how I want to work in 3d - it really feels that way.

• you going over to the Darkside Magaremoto?

those severed 3DSK heads should look great in iray cheeky 

do visit us sometimes though unlike all those others who jumped ship crying

edited December 2019

To help celebrate Star Wars' finale of the Skywalker saga, I've decided to show a little breakdown of an image I posted a while back. Busy rendering animations in the office, so I still don't have any current stills to show off, so I figured this might be fun.

So, this is my actual render from Carrara as I had the scene set up - straight through the render camera. But I had a few things on mulipass render, as you'll see next.

This is the Volumetric multipass element

This is the Glow channel element

And this is combining them all together in Affinity Photo as if I was creating a visual effect in my production. 

This is very much how I work on my animations. In the above image, I used a technique I've learned from the Affinity Photo YouTube tutorials - using a High Pass filter to bring out details. I think I went a bit overboard. So to help smooth it out and add the final VFX touches, into Howler I go for the final image below

Robots Down.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 522K
    Robots Down_VolumeEfects.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 112K
    Robots Down_Glow.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 37K
    Robots Down AP.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Robots Down AH.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 1M

@Alberto Looking forward to trying that! So, this is a totally different type of Fluidos setup?

This is a new plugin, FLUIDOS II, heir of Fluidos v1.4. It's almost finished.

There is a FLUIDOS II version for Daz Studio already, you can see some of the videos here (The engine will be the same for Carrara version):

https://youtu.be/N4AuS-677ZM

https://youtu.be/972NnPziy2I

https://youtu.be/2-_CseckNO4

This is beautiful! I like so much the Multipass rendering.

edited December 2019
    Alberto said:

This is a new plugin, FLUIDOS II, heir of Fluidos v1.4. It's almost finished.

There is a FLUIDOS II version for Daz Studio already, you can see some of the videos here (The engine will be the same for Carrara version):

https://youtu.be/N4AuS-677ZM

https://youtu.be/972NnPziy2I

https://youtu.be/2-_CseckNO4

Wow!!! This is Perfect!!! My VFX Platform (Carrara) is getting even Better!!!

FLUIDOS II

FIRE!

CLOUDS!

Alberto said:

This is beautiful! I like so much the Multipass rendering.

Thank you! Multipass is a good friend of the vfx artist! ;)

no ship abandoned, Wendy, only lack of inspiration and the constant search for the secrets of light

great work, DB, very effective as illustration

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 2019

wow 30 pages to catch up on ... congrats on Fluidos 2 Alvin = amazing!!

fell over these old renders from my blog

Cripes time flies

and the little matchstick girl

Post edited by Headwax on

Rock On, HW!!!

This discussion has been closed.