Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 3

Comments

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@StuartB4 - this key holder image is an outstanding render. You’ve modelled the keys and pencils, I take it?

Yes Horo, I made all the keys, plug socket, and pencil with Bryce.
    I like making my own stuff better than using someone else's creations.
    Unfortunately I don't do Dragons.
    The background / wall is actually a photo of the inside of my concrete shed roof
    on a cube.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    I like making my own stuff better than using someone else's creations.

So would I, but modelling is not my strong side. The keys look absolutely real.
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo, you're very kind indeed.

• TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

Hello again all, some wonderful stuff here...

Here are some more of mine... the latest chess pic, a couple of abstracts, one from a fantasy/sf
    series of mine called "The Long Patrol", and a scene from H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds using the DAZ
    Martian War Machine model.... :D

chobhamwp2.jpg
    1330 x 748 - 587K
    longpatroldev.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 763K
    colorplexity41024.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 1M
    infinities4-1024.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 1M
    chess13-09wp.jpg
    1330 x 748 - 838K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited February 2013

This one was all about the beach.
    I was experimenting with using terrain clipping filters to get a beach that loosely followed the shape of the terrain and the result seems to have worked quite well.

Smugglers.jpg
    999 x 561 - 318K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,379
    edited December 1969

Beautiful work by everyone especially Dave and TLBKlaus

Look!!! I was able to follow David Brinnen's Wings3D/Multireplicate Tutorial :)
    Bryce “Nuts and Bolts” - multi-replicate 2 - a tutorial by David Brinnen

This makes me very happy, because this is the first time I've been able to model something in Wings3D. As I've mentioned before I learn best by visual example.

Well done. I ended up with a very lopsided spiral building. I will try this tutorial again this weekend. Am I correct that I don’t group anything and I need to rotate 8 meshes at zero origin.

Abstracts are always fun to do and I seem to be having more success with them. There's another

abstract5.jpg
    800 x 600 - 95K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Abstracts... OK thought I would throw in another quick abstract tutorial... somewhat similar to a previous one but just focused on getting a particular effect.

Bryce 10 minute scene - abstract glowing line effect - a tutorial by David Brinnen

Glowinglineabstract2.jpg
    755 x 425 - 282K
    edited December 1969

Need to drum up more paid work.

DeadlinePic.jpg
    1600 x 1300 - 568K
  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,329
    edited December 1969

Here we go, another goodie from David, and my first ever model in Wings3D :)

clover_building2.png
    637 x 850 - 695K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

@TLBKlaus - nice renders. The one with the chess figures is great. I like the Long Patrol best: because of its ambivalence. Are the ships in foamy water or is this part of a space nebula. The last one reminds me of War of the Worlds.

@TheSavage64 - this is another great scene though I'm a bit less enthusiastic about the material on the hill and mountain. The beach, however, looks good.

Deadline Designs is another example that shows you're a professional artist.

@mermaid010 - nice abstract, could be a fairy jungle.

@David - I like those feathery abstracts.

@IanzThingz - good student! Better than I, I haven't had the time to try it yet.

edited February 2013

Some really great renders yet again, there's a lot of talented people here.

Just thought I'd try a bit of bling for the ladies....are there many here?.
    All objects made in Bryce 7 except the diamonds which I found on
    the net some time ago. No post work.

Jewellery.jpg
    800 x 600 - 373K
    Post edited by StuartB on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well I am female, not sure if I class as a lady though :coolsmirk: I get called all sorts of things, and that word doesn't often get mentioned..

Nice bling.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,967
    edited December 1969

Wonderful renders ladies and gents, should be proud of yourselves.
    Now if only we could get the same thing happening in the Carrara forum ;)

• Analog-X64Analog-X64 Posts: 110
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Wonderful renders ladies and gents, should be proud of yourselves.
    Now if only we could get the same thing happening in the Carrara forum ;)

I work in Carrara as well, in due time I will post in the Carrara forum

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,967
    edited February 2013

Oh we do have a Carrara render thread, It's just not very busy ;) We are too busy arguing about other stuff ;)

I justs watched a youtube tutorial by David on making abstract glowing lines - wonderful work, Thanks for sharing that and most of it can be adapted to Carrara I'd say.

I bought David ate Horo's tutorial videos a while ago but unfortunately didn'tg get much use out of them because I had one arm in a brace at the time - makes it hard to work :) will go back again and look

cheers

Post edited by Headwax on
  • Analog-X64Analog-X64 Posts: 110
    edited December 1969

head wax said:

I bought David ate Horo's tutorial videos a while ago but unfortunately didn'tg get much use out of them because I had one arm in a brace at the time - makes it hard to work :) will go back again and look

cheers

I'll start a new thread and post my animations over at the Carrara forums.

edited February 2013

@chohole-

Well I am female, not sure if I class as a lady though cool smirk I get called all sorts of things, and that word doesn’t often get mentioned..

If I'd known I would have put your picture back in the locket. :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    What colour is curiosity Miss B?

I guess that depends on the individual. For me, shades of grey. ;-)

Oh... I had to think about that... I don't have a TV so I remain quite isolated (Edit: from the media - I live on the East Coast of Lincolnshire, so in real life also quite isolated), but a certain book, about grey and it's numerous shades, did get mentioned on Radio 4...
    Actually David, I wasn't thinking about the book series at all. I just meant the "color" was nondescript or didn't stand out. That's why I was curious. I needed more information to put it into a category that has a color. That actually makes things worse. It's actually just an expression, and to tell the truth, I'm not sure what the meaning is.

OK, I'm finished making a mountain out of a molehill. ;-)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the positive feedback!!!

MissB, The desk is a model I made several years ago in Truespace. I felt it fit well in this situation. Send me a pm with your email and I'll send it to you. Thanks for looking!

Will do in a moment. Thanks muchly. ;-)
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Ship in the harbor looks really great. The foreground reminds me of a croc with a bad hair style. Nice work. Did you do the lettering in Bryce or Sketchup? That's a real nice image.

@Stuart: Really nice work. Do you by any chance make tutorials? Hint, hint...

@Ian: Your work on David's multi-replication turned out well. I gave the same tutorial a try but ended up with window areas that shrank during replication. A boo-boo on my part I'm sure, it's happened before.

Below is my first attempt at David's multi-replication tutorial. As you can see, some of the window shrunk during the replication process. And if you look on the right side, towards the top, they seem to vanish all together. But it's my first try with this tutorial, so I watch the tutorial again and give it another go.

Spiral_Bld_1.png
    720 x 960 - 1M
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    ... Did you do the lettering in Bryce or Sketchup? That's a real nice image.

Thanks.
    Yes, those letters were done in Sketchup (Sketchup was acting a bit strange yesterday when trying to set the correct fonts).
    The hand drawn 3D was also done in Sketchup and then saved as a .jpg, then imported into Bryce onto a 2D square.
    The pencil is 100% Bryce modelled with the lettering added using the bump and reflection channels.
  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,329
    edited December 1969

Another bit of learning from David, http://youtu.be/bDuuM9Wr-so Really enjoyed it, and so simple to do.

Render time 6 hours 46 mins on a E2140 Dual Core.

daz_bryce_render.PNG
    363 x 354 - 83K
    anistropic_rays_wm.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

outside inside

outside_inside.jpg
    1274 x 695 - 414K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited December 1969

You do not need a knive to share an apple (old Klingon proverb)

The sword is made with Bryce, the apple with Wings3D.

apfelhalbieren1000x333.jpg
    1000 x 333 - 191K
    edited December 1969

Today's distraction.

ClifftopView.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 258K
  • Waleed - JordanWaleed - Jordan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    outside inside

Wow , very nice
    edited March 2013

@GussNemo:

@Stuart: Really nice work. Do you by any chance make tutorials? Hint, hint…

Thanks GussNemo, but I wouldn't know where to start with a tutorial, besides, David is the master of the tutorial,
    but if you need to know how I did a particular thing please fell free to ask.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    outside inside

Wow , very nice

thank you :-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Still playing around with trees and water.

tree_lined_river.jpg
    675 x 900 - 413K
  • foleyprofoleypro Posts: 485
    edited March 2013

An older one but a good one...Used Water mat from Andy Simmons aka Hobbit...
    In this Pic I have several different faces post you findings by circling the faces...Will upload a higher resolution later in place of this one...You can still get at least 5 at this resolution...Alot of the faces were added in the terrain editor and alpha channels...

display_1342625.jpg
    700 x 525 - 156K
    Post edited by foleypro on
This discussion has been closed.