Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 3

Comments

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 485
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Still playing around with trees and water.

Do you have Gamma correction on...?
    If you do can you turn it off and re-render...
    Awesome scene I like the POV...

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Some Bryce animation from me. You may notice it is closely related to recent tutorials. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqHiH7i9e5w Music by my friend Loop Cycle. Live looped with effects pedals.

Image3.jpg
    725 x 527 - 120K
  • Analog-X64Analog-X64 Posts: 110
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

Below is my first attempt at David's multi-replication tutorial. As you can see, some of the window shrunk during the replication process. And if you look on the right side, towards the top, they seem to vanish all together. But it's my first try with this tutorial, so I watch the tutorial again and give it another go.

Excellent, I like the stone material used. Where the windows the only thing that shrunk during replication? or is everything shrunk equally?

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

A break from the animation side-of-things, I hope this work doesn’t offend some (sorry, beforehand), however, it covers also an area of fantasy and fiction that is usually found in the digital images’ area.

Title: “Siren’s work”.

Jay

sirens.jpg
    1727 x 851 - 1M
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

@StuartB4 - looking nice.

@GussNemo - ah, a variation of the theme. Very nice. A bit dark, but if the dark lord resides here, quite fitting.

@IanzThingz - looking food, that abstract.

@bigh - that looks amazing. Excellent. Good choice to not using soft shadows.

@electro-elvis - quite sharp sword. Be careful when you use it if you don't want to get damaged. Very well done.

@TheSavage64 - lovely result of today's distraction.

@chohole - very nice render. I like the bridge, the vegetation, the water and the sky. Well, this comment were shorter if I had listed what I don't like.

@foleypro - yes an old one, but always nice to look at it. I like the faces but I don't participate, because I know them already. Also very good to see you back at Bryce a bit. It makes me hope about that thing in the pipeline.

@David - looks great, doesn't play for me.

@Jamahoney - that's a very nice scene.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited March 2013

Today's distraction.
    Awww, that's sweet. Even with one eye he manages to look like he's in awe of the butterflies. ;-)

Lovely Pam. :-) I like the POV as well, and the reflection of the trees in the water, though that type of rope bridge always makes me nervous, not that I've ever been anywhere I had to walk across one. ~cringe~
    Post edited by Miss B on
  • STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

This is the first time i have posted a render here, Uses David and Horos Deep space HDRI 003, and Davids tut on halo effects, i'm not very good at modeling, took me for ever to find this model, But i am a big Aliens fan and had to give it a go.The model was made by Lee James Medcalf .

I_Dream_of_Ripley.jpg
    1274 x 478 - 180K
    edited December 1969

I love all the creative work done here... awesome!!! :)

You might not see anything from me, until next week. I'm re-rendering one of my abstracts at a higher resolution and its only at 70% I figure it will be done sometime middle of next week.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I love all the creative work done here... awesome!!! :)

You might not see anything from me, until next week. I'm re-rendering one of my abstracts at a higher resolution and its only at 70% I figure it will be done sometime middle of next week.

that's nuts - never should take that long .

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Thanks.

@Analog: I'm not sure. I'm not even sure what I said was correct, after I reexamined the image. I believe what threw me were the overhanging levels, which protrude slightly outward and to the left as they rise. Another try at this one is below.

@bigh: Very nice image.

@electro: Like the sword. Nice work.

@Dave: That's nicely done, for a distraction.

@Pam: Really like the mood of that image. Seems like a fishing pole and a good book are the only other things needed.

@Foley: That's a very impressive image.

@Jay: Those two ladies remind me of a cat cleaning its paws after eating. Nice job.

Here's another attempt at David's multi-replication tutorial, along with my first attempt at IBL and his obscure lighting. I produced one other, but of the two I like this one the best.

Clover_Leaf_Bldg_4.png
    720 x 960 - 867K
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

that's nuts - never should take that long .

Probably :) lots of reflective materials etc..

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

Here's another attempt at David's multi-replication tutorial, along with my first attempt at IBL and his obscure lighting. I produced one other, but of the two I like this one the best.

Good Job... I like the way this turned out.

edited March 2013

[@foleypro - yes an old one, but always nice to look at it. I like the faces but I don't participate, because I know them already. Also very good to see you back at Bryce a bit. It makes me hope about that thing in the pipeline.

Yes welll..Wont make the March madness sale BUT...Great news is I am texturing all revamped/fixed meshes in Zbrush and looking to finish by next week or so...Unfortunately Dad issue's and living issue's stopped me from 3D work for the last 5 weeks...But I am bavck and spending tooo many hours at it(GF getting up tite)...

I havent even really worked on my ParticleFX Plugin for Daz Studio 4.5 in almost 2 months and I am behind on finishing the CD cover for Michael Hershman Jazz musician...Sad I know just seems finding time is of an essance right now and has been for the last year or so...

Post edited by foleypro on
    edited December 1969

Another old Bryce render...This I entered into the Renderosity Magazine cover contest and I took 2nd...Got beat by Rochr but thats cool.

Warmth.jpg
    1024 x 1197 - 248K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Analog: Thanks.

@foley: That's a real nice image. Really like the look of the clouds.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Today's distraction...

... I really should get on with the temple model, but I think that will have to wait until next week now.

Highlands.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 373K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

@dragonsbain - looks great. Thanks for using our Deep Space HDRI.

@GussNemo - larger windows, must be nice to have a flat in this tower.

@foleypro - yes, time can be a scarce thing at times.

@TheSavage64 - great landscape. That valley in the centre looks very real.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Today's distraction...

... I really should get on with the temple model, but I think that will have to wait until next week now.

Well if renders like this is the trade off I think most of us can forgive you :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Somehow the term playing around doesn't do that render justice, very nice work Pam. Something seems to have clicked for you, your work seems to have improved noticably recently. Maybe it's just now you can properly use Bryce 7 thanks to your new machine?

edited December 1969

foleypro said:
    An older one but a good one...Used Water mat from Andy Simmons aka Hobbit...
    In this Pic I have several different faces post you findings by circling the faces...Will upload a higher resolution later in place of this one...You can still get at least 5 at this resolution...Alot of the faces were added in the terrain editor and alpha channels...

Very nice pic. might have to use it as my new desktop? :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thanks Mark, and everyone else who commented.

Yes I am enjoying using Bryce 7 now, getting to grips with all the different things I can do with it. There are quite a few things that Br 7 can do that older versions couldn't, obviously, and all of them are good. Getting the lighting rigt is so much easier, with more options to use.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited March 2013

Cheers, Horo...always appreciated.

Cheers, Guss - happened upon Homer's Odyssey in the library the other day, and how Sirens lured Mariners onto rocks, was the inspiration.

Btw, I followed David's twisted building tut, but as I don't have any experience in Wings, it's too late to tackle it at this stage. I do like your use of building material, though, as it's off the norm. There must be more things than stacking floors on each other that this multi-replicate thingy is doing - e.g stack elephants, stack motobikes...etc., - just for the fun of it. Else, if sticking to the building theme, how would separate, coloured corners of each floor look - e.g. one part would be yellow and run the full length of the heighted building, another would be red, another...etc., etc., Again, just for the fun of it.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Thanks Mark, and everyone else who commented.

I didn't comment but I meant to.

I was very impressed with all the different greens you managed to get in and make it all look so natural... very good.

edited December 1969

Pam, that's a stunning render, the effect still has your trademark "painterlyness" but it's lush and wonderfully details.

Jay, well, the level of contrast and light in your Siren themed image is very pleasing and easy on the eye. Works very well, the rock texture in particular captured my eye.

Draingsbain, as an Alien/s fan myself, that caught my eye at once. Fits nicely with the backdrop.

Dave, top notch work as we have come to expect from yourself, great use of materials - how could I not approve!

And to keep Jamie busy...

Since the multi-replicate 2 tut is attracting some interest. Here's an expansion on the lighting options.

Bryce 15 minute lighting project - variations for multi-replicate 2 - a tutorial by David Brinnen

Twisted_build1_m2.jpg
    637 x 850 - 273K
    Twisted_build1_m1.jpg
    637 x 850 - 251K
    edited December 1969

Never satisfied with my stuff, I've spent the rest of the day fiddling around with this morning's scene.
    Don't know if this is better, worse or just different... It took just over 4 hours to render in total (as usual when using volumetric clouds I rendered those separately at lower render settings and then rendered a mask and comped the two together in Photoshop).

HighlandsALT.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 440K
    edited December 1969

Never satisfied with my stuff, I've spent the rest of the day fiddling around with this morning's scene.
    Don't know if this is better, worse or just different... It took just over 4 hours to render in total (as usual when using volumetric clouds I rendered those separately at lower render settings and then rendered a mask and comped the two together in Photoshop).

Contrast range is nicer I reckon, but your terrain seems to have shrunken. Maybe some haze effect might work here, or something in the foreground to give an impression of scale?

edited December 1969

Dave, top notch work as we have come to expect from yourself, great use of materials - how could I not approve!

Yes, but I'm in danger of getting lazy as more often than not I just go to the David Brinnen Materials folder when texturing stuff.
    I can't remember the last time I made a material from scratch.

That cloud slab I've used gave me pause for thought too... I was editing it and in the process realised that it was actually set below the scene and not in the sky... how does that work then? :-S

edited December 1969

Yes, but I'm in danger of getting lazy as more often than not I just go to the David Brinnen Materials folder when texturing stuff.
    I can't remember the last time I made a material from scratch.

That cloud slab I've used gave me pause for thought too... I was editing it and in the process realised that it was actually set below the scene and not in the sky... how does that work then? :-S

I'd have to see the source to explain that!

Well, you know, if the materials work for you, use them, it takes hours to make a decent material, they may as well get used.

edited December 1969

It's one of yours (go figure :-))... From Free Content R4 (the coastline, cliffs and beach scene).

Well, you know, if the materials work for you, use them, it takes hours to make a decent material, they may as well get used.

Especially the really complex ones you've done that have multi channels in the DTE and multi channels in the Mat Lab.

At one time years ago I use to make simple materials using the 'random' feature then tweaking a bit if it looked a bit like something recognisable and when I had decided what the material was, I made a scene or a simple model that used it. Back then I was never used to saving my own materials otherwise I'd have quite a collection of ambiguous simple materials by now.

edited December 1969

It's one of yours (go figure :-))... From Free Content R4 (the coastline, cliffs and beach scene).

Especially the really complex ones you've done that have multi channels in the DTE and multi channels in the Mat Lab.

At one time years ago I use to make simple materials using the 'random' feature then tweaking a bit if it looked a bit like something recognisable and when I had decided what the material was, I made a scene or a simple model that used it. Back then I was never used to saving my own materials otherwise I'd have quite a collection of ambiguous simple materials by now.

OK well then that is easy. Image shows a side view. The Slab is 95% above the camera, that much that lies below it is so close to the edge (see 100 edge softness in material settings) that is it does not occlude the camera view.

Yeah, I used to play with the random feature in just the same way. Takes a long time to grasp materials - well it did for me. Years for the penny to drop.

Image1.jpg
    615 x 527 - 176K
This discussion has been closed.