Josh Crockett Suggestion Page for Monster Characters!

Comments

• Josh CrockettJosh Crockett Posts: 572
    EquisVoid said:

A little something just for fun today. Super quickie neomorph.

Good interpretation. :) Neomorph ideally needs more of a transluscent skin, spinal thorns and a thin, whip-like tail, but the limb proportions and head are mostly right.

Looks close to the Blind Demon stand-alone figure, which I'd actually quite like as a morphing dial to mix into the available Genesis 3 gene pool.

Yeah this was literally done in about half an hour and strictly for fun. I doubt I will actually take this anywhere or do anything with it. But it was fun anyway. 

I am very dissapointed, wanted to see the creature evolve a little and buy it soon

There will be more, don't worry :)

• EquisVoid said:

Good interpretation. :) Neomorph ideally needs more of a transluscent skin, spinal thorns and a thin, whip-like tail, but the limb proportions and head are mostly right.

Looks close to the Blind Demon stand-alone figure, which I'd actually quite like as a morphing dial to mix into the available Genesis 3 gene pool.

Yeah this was literally done in about half an hour and strictly for fun. I doubt I will actually take this anywhere or do anything with it. But it was fun anyway. 

I am very dissapointed, wanted to see the creature evolve a little and buy it soon

have you thought about giving it out as a freebie?

• Josh CrockettJosh Crockett Posts: 572
    EquisVoid said:

have you thought about giving it out as a freebie?

Great idea, but it's effort better spent on real products. Like I said, was just for fun. I suppose if there's enough demand for it, I could.

• Blood-PawWerewolfBlood-PawWerewolf Posts: 305
    edited May 2017
    IMG_4419.JPG
    1920 x 1849 - 442K
    Post edited by Blood-PawWerewolf on
  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,457
    edited June 2017

was just thinking a grim reaper but more darker scarier not just a skeleton but more decomposing with organs but not zombie either. how about some other updated inspired by some of the other old monsters from the old horror and science fiction movies like The Fly -originals and remakes, some of those big headed aliens with big eyes and others and with the new Universal Monsters movies planned be bit of interest there too old school Mr Hyde be cool and The Mummy could do a decomposing one mentioned before Frankie, but be cool to have a few creatures inspired by the classics

Post edited by ANGELREAPER1972 on
  • was just thinking a grim reaper but more darker scarier not just a skeleton but more decomposing with organs but not zombie either. how about some other updated inspired by some of the other old monsters from the old horror and science fiction movies like The Fly -originals and remakes, some of those big headed aliens with big eyes and others and with the new Universal Monsters movies planned be bit of interest there too old school Mr Hyde be cool and The Mummy could do a decomposing one mentioned before Frankie, but be cool to have a few creatures inspired by the classics

I prefer to shy away from mainstream stuff, but a possible updated Josh Crockett version of some classic monsters is possible. I think The Fly would be cool. I've got some other cool stuff in the works that I can't talk about yet obviously, but keep an eye out. 

thought I'd post this here - a girl and her pack, featuring bunch of your characters 

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/372166

• Haha, nice dude!

thanks Josh

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528

Josh, have you thought about monsterfing other DAZ figures?  Like the DAZ Horse or Big Cat? 

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

An alternate take on Cronenberg's Fly could be very interesting, yes...

• TraceSL said:

Josh, have you thought about monsterfing other DAZ figures?  Like the DAZ Horse or Big Cat? 

Yes, I have... I almost did an evil centaur... but you got me thinking again

• An alternate take on Cronenberg's Fly could be very interesting, yes...

Agreed

•  A little somethin'...

creature 04.jpg
    665 x 865 - 329K
  • Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550

A Kali godess with six arms and some alien hybrid makeup for V8 would rock.

• Hey I like the new creature preview. One thing I would like to suggest is ,make individual morphs . Like the head morph, hands ,and body. Some of the creatures are so deformed they don't look that good adding stuff to them , so if I want to add a suit I can bring the body a bit back to normal but yet keep the head and hands awesome.. Oh yea and on the aliens maybe a 4 finger morph. Besides that love the models hope to see many many more.

• Hey I like the new creature preview. One thing I would like to suggest is ,make individual morphs . Like the head morph, hands ,and body. Some of the creatures are so deformed they don't look that good adding stuff to them , so if I want to add a suit I can bring the body a bit back to normal but yet keep the head and hands awesome.. Oh yea and on the aliens maybe a 4 finger morph. Besides that love the models hope to see many many more.

Thanks Cradzinski. Got some cool stuff regarding induvidual morphs planned. Great minds think alike :)

you haven't shown here your new G8 gal you promoted on that facebook group 

• you haven't shown here your new G8 gal you promoted on that facebook group

This one? 

Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 704K
  • TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528

cool

yep she's gonna sell well and has a lot of kitbashing potential for all kinds of characters I think love the skin tones/patterns too

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550

This one? 

love her!! I think she got that majesty I pursued and endorsed you to develop

• yep she's gonna sell well and has a lot of kitbashing potential for all kinds of characters I think love the skin tones/patterns too

EquisVoid said:

This one? 

love her!! I think she got that majesty I pursued and endorsed you to develop

Thanks guys

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I would love to have a new G8F series figure that looks like a sweet little Japanese School girl but who eyes are black and three tentacles erupt out of her enlarged mouth with a distended jaw. :)

Why, yes. I have issues. Why do you ask?/

:)

• RKane_1 said:

I would love to have a new G8F series figure that looks like a sweet little Japanese School girl but who eyes are black and three tentacles erupt out of her enlarged mouth with a distended jaw. :)

Ha, I like that idea

• RKane_1 said:

Ha, I like that idea

I think you could pull it off with some thought applied to the process. I'm working on one now that's got me scratching my head, but I'll figure it out.

like this? 

RKane_1 said:

cthulhu girl.png
    3840 x 2160 - 5M
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Younger, more innocent looking. Jaw distended and possibbly unhinged more and paler....definitely paler...but you are on the right track, sir! :)

RKane_1 said:

Younger, more innocent looking. Jaw distended and possibbly unhinged more and paler....definitely paler...but you are on the right track, sir! :)

trying a couple other versions might give Josh some ideas on improving on them with colouring/textures he is really good at those with dead skin more blotchy and purples, and other colours show more and more sickly looking which you can see in his other creations there are a lot of subtle textures