Carrara CHALLENGE - Tomatoes et al #33 Chat Time

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Q. What do you call a tomato that sits at the bottom of the ocean that is rendering and shakes?

A. A nervous wreck

edited May 2017

a bit more info....... not long now

How to get your tomato

Any way you can ( legally ) 
    The easiest way is to download the free 'Killer Tomato' donated by GKDantas.
    His "Killer Tomato" scene was 100% modeled in Carrara.  You can download the complete scene here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6tk46b3bu6s74r/KillerTomato 
    No sign is is required to download... I know as I downloaded it. But if you have problems let us know and we will try and work something out.

Thank you Marcelo!

A real cool way is to model your own tomato in your favourite modelling software ( a good challenge ) and go ballistic... one of our Carrara'ists may post a detailed step through on how to model your very own tomato ( extra Tommie points may be earned ) What every 'Supweme Wuler' wants and I want your tomatoes!

There is a tomato at ShareCG as well you can use....

Post edited by Stezza on

Dates to Remember - dates in a tomato challenge WT!
    All dates are 'Supweme Wuler' Time ( AEST ) https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/sydney
    all you northerners don't get caught! but I can be swayed.

WIP Thread Opens: TBA

Entry Thread Opens: TBA

Entry Thread Closes/Voting Begins: Friday June 23rd , 2017

Voting Ends: midnight Friday June 30th, 2017

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

how many rotten tomatos will I get if I make a movie?

and who will model said rotten tomato?

intrigue at its best devil

all seems to be clear so far... either that or everyone is asleep.... shhhhhhhhh

be vewy vewy qwiet

Would be good but not a requirement
    To use in addition or to compliment your Tomato et al., is to use one of our Carrara PA's products in your final image ( if you have any that is ).

How Many Times Can I Enter?
    You can do as many WiP works as you please, maybe even get some tips/hints off other Carrara'ists on which WiPs are more betterer than others... but don't be fooled if there is a rotten tomato out there!

You can ENTER as many final works in the ENTRY Thread as you like... go for it

No other requirements are needed but if you do model or use special lighting or maybe use some hair on your tomato it would be great to show how and would probably earn extra tommie points.

Most of all have fun, your only limitation is your imagination of tomatoes. And ask for help if you get stuck on something.. we are all here to help you.

As the host I won't enter any images in the entry thread but will post every now and then my tomato render in the WiP thread... well, probably more times than not.

you know I'm making this up as I go..... here is some juicy prize info for you all to chew on

PRIZES - what! there are prizes?

Yes
    DAZ Sponsored
    Most votes in total entries for one artist: $50.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)
    Most votes single PR image No Postwork:  $50.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)
    Most votes single NPR/Postwork image Postwork allowed:  $50.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)
    DAZ's Choiciest Juiciest Tomato image:  $45.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)

Supweme Wuler's ( Stezza's ) Tomato WiP Challenge Pick - $5 Gift Certificate

Larson's PICK of Juiciest Tomato image: TBA

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited May 2017

what about for us colour blind people who dont have a tomato? can we do something we think is red?

Post edited by Headwax on

To show my appreciation in all the WiPs that get done I will be offering a $5 Gift Cert to the one that I really take to...

yes, I can be bribed........ devil

I wouldn't be a 'Supweme Wuler' otherwise

edited May 2017
    head wax said:

what about for us colour blind people who dont have a tomato? can we do something we think is red?

if it looks like a tomato, why not

chartreuse maybe yes

or read this...

Post edited by Stezza on

fried green tomatoes at the whistle stop cafe

a can of Campbells soup?

with noodles?

edited May 2017
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Still working on my entry for the last challenge (gotta dig the ore to forge the spanner to build the machine to mix the concrete to make the bricks to build the house that hides the killer who comes out at night . . . now with added tomatoes!)

Should be finished by October!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

mmm vine ripened tomahtoh, spritz olive oil, fresh basil leaves, fresh mozza chunks.

vin blanc, foccacia pane,

picnic with a dynamic table cloth drop/drape 

been a loonngg time since i rendered Bar Italia 

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited May 2017

Not their greatest album, but a fine reminder none the less!

Post edited by PhilW on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

What does PR image mean in this context? Sounds like a funny contest.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    PhilW said:

Not their greatest album, but a fine reminder none the less!

...but I Love this album, nonetheless! Release Release and Don't Kill the Whale are still some of my favorite songs... ever!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

What does PR image mean in this context? Sounds like a funny contest.

The Attack of the PhotoReal Tomatoes!!! LOL

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

lookin for a shiny m&m red carrara dalek smiley

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Tomato's Dalek is cool!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited May 2017

No two tomatoes are created equal.  Most common of course is a Red, somewhat round one, with smooth skin. But alas... what about yellow, deep purple (nearly black)... or perhaps a yellow one... even one with pronounced ribs, is that the right word... hmm.  Walk into any store that sells seeds and you'll notice only a few of the very long list of varieties.

Click image below for a list of a lot but not all dem varieties with some pics below.... should open a new tab/window which leads to Rutgers New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station.

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    wgdjohn said:

No two tomatoes are created equal.  Most common of course is a Red, somewhat round one, with smooth skin. But alas... what about yellow, deep purple (nearly black)... or perhaps a yellow one... even one with pronounced ribs, is that the right word... hmm.  Walk into any store that sells seeds and you'll notice only a few of the very long list of varieties.

Click image below for a list of a lot but not all dem varieties with some pics below.... should open a new tab/window which leads to Rutgers New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station.

https://www.diggers.com.au/shop/vegetables/tomatoes/

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited May 2017

Thanks for the tomato info,wdjohn and Bunyip02. 

I loaded up Marcello's free killer tomato and combined with a character I've been working on (base is Ralphling that comes with an old edition of Poser).  Let the fun begin!

Martian Tomato Test Render.jpg
    800 x 600 - 49K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Stezza Wuler, you can't fool me.  I have uncovered your nefarious act of plagiarism!

First, you pilfered a tomato from my (glorious) Challenge.  Even more sinister, you fully knew that it was a member of the nightshade family, which sometimes "only comes out at night."

My attorneys will be in contact.

edited May 2017

Edited to hide the fact that this was posted as an excuse to test stealing Stezza's signature.  Did I write that where you can read it?

signaturemaybe.JPG
    482 x 119 - 25K

Stezza, I copied your signature to help promote the challenge.  Hope you don't mind.  I will delete it if you do.

edited May 2017

One more resource - here are some tomatoes that come with Carrara's native content.  In the object browser in the "food" folder, there is a taco salad with some tomatoes slices and a catsup (ketchup) bottle.  Worth taking a look at.

ff02 food browser closer.JPG
    1744 x 990 - 184K