Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Llynara said:

Heads up for anyone that bought Lucas 8 Pro last week. He's cheaper this week. I made up a new cart, took a screenshot along with a screenshot I had of my old one (screenshot of your order will work too), then started a ticket. A $9 price drop in 10 days is pretty significant.

Oh, happy day. I set up TBird to grab my email from the main account, and found I have my email confirmations for as early as 10/16... when I bought Lucas 8! Poor CS, I've already gotten a price adjustment on that order, and then Daz fixed the site, so another $1.80 to be refunded. I hadn't asked yet, so now I'll do both in one.

I hope I don't confuse them too much! lol

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited October 2017

I’m curious if the morphs are different from Genesis 3 morphs. I converted them all over to gen 8 and I love dogs morphs but don’t want to buy it again especially since my characters are using the gen 3 ones successful but if something is new will purchase them again... I’ll check when I get home but just curious.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Etamin said:

Does anyone have Spicy Fusion and can they tell me if the 200 head morphs are required, because it's not listed as a requirement. 

It lists as a pre-requisite for me - maybe it wasn't displaying correctly before and Daz updated the product page?

ETA: Sorry, how do I make the attachment open in a new tab?

I just loaded G8M, used one of the "Character Morph" from Spicy Fusion- those work without the 200 presets.  The Character Morphs are baked into one morph without the 200 pack.  The "Character Presets" you have to use the 200 pack.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

@etamin   To put an image in the post you click on your image and grab the URL. Then in your post, you go up above the text box to the image icon (to the right of the flag, looks like mountains and a sun) and you'll see two tabs. Image Info: paste the URL and for width/height, I usually keep height at 600 pixels or less so people don't have to scroll. In the second tab (Link) paste the URL again, and in Target dropdown, select New Window (blank) so people don't scoot off and accidentally X out of the thread you're on. 

• EtaminEtamin Posts: 129

I just loaded G8M, used one of the "Character Morph" from Spicy Fusion- those work without the 200 presets.  The Character Morphs are baked into one morph without the 200 pack.  The "Character Presets" you have to use the 200 pack.

Hi Darwin.  Thanks for testing and clarifying that. So I assume that means you just get (a lot) more control with the 200 head morph set rather than one slider with Spicy Fusion - is that correct?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I’m curious if the morphs are different from Genesis 3 morphs. I converted them all over to gen 8 and I love dogs morphs but don’t want to buy it again especially since my characters are using the gen 3 ones successful but if something is new will purchase them again... I’ll check when I get home but just curious.

This is from the commercial thread:

Zev0 said:

Yes. We decided not to remove morphs from the original package but refine some of them.

So it looks like some morphs will be the same and others will be reworked specifically for G8.

Comparing the product pages, it looks like the G8 version has a set of Zero presets that aren't in the G3 version. I pasted the listed morphs from both pages into a spreadsheet, side-by-side, and most of the morphs have the same name. If you're happy with them as is, you could probably skip the G8 version.

Thanks for the help, I do like the products but I also really like the way the converted ones look. I may wait on buying them.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459
    Etamin said:

Does anyone have Spicy Fusion and can they tell me if the 200 head morphs are required, because it's not listed as a requirement. 

It lists as a pre-requisite for me - maybe it wasn't displaying correctly before and Daz updated the product page?

ETA: Sorry, how do I make the attachment open in a new tab?

Thank you for the info! :)

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459
    L'Adair said:

This is from the commercial thread:

Zev0 said:

Yes. We decided not to remove morphs from the original package but refine some of them.

So it looks like some morphs will be the same and others will be reworked specifically for G8.

Comparing the product pages, it looks like the G8 version has a set of Zero presets that aren't in the G3 version. I pasted the listed morphs from both pages into a spreadsheet, side-by-side, and most of the morphs have the same name. If you're happy with them as is, you could probably skip the G8 version.

Good to know! Thanks! I own the G3 versions also. 

• Etamin said:

Hi Darwin.  Thanks for testing and clarifying that. So I assume that means you just get (a lot) more control with the 200 head morph set rather than one slider with Spicy Fusion - is that correct?

Yup-though Spicy Fusion does include the presets, so you can still fiddle with those (but they require the 200 morphs to work).  And no problem!  I was curious myself. lol

Etamin said:

• LaPartitaLaPartita Posts: 402

Has anyone tried using any of the new dForce items in good ol' 4.09? Obviously the dForce aspect won't be there, but does the clothing work otherwise?

Nope I’m dforce challenged right now. I will revisit it at some point but I need better instructions.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148
    edited October 2017

In case anyone is interested in seeing what SF Beautiful Skin does, I did a few side by side comparisons of some of the various skin shaders presets.  Appologies for the weird trapezoids on Garret but by the time I figured out how to fix them, I'd already rendered some of these and didn't want to start anew.  I didn't use any lights.  There is a large variety of skin colors and the one click option makes it easy.  Those who are good at tweaking will likely get even better results.  

I did a couple before and afters for Michael 8 and Lucas 8 with a lot of improvement to the latter's skin, imo.

Edit: The Lucas one labled "cop" should read "complete preset 1"

Beautiful Skin comparison 1.jpg
    4000 x 2250 - 4M
    Beautiful Skin comparison 2.jpg
    4000 x 2250 - 4M
    Beautiful Skin comparison 3.jpg
    4000 x 2250 - 5M
    Post edited by Worlds_Edge on

@worldsedge  Nice variety in the skin tones. Glad you got your dude fixed! 

• Novica said:
    kayleyss said:

Only the body morphs use the Victorias. The Head morphs don't need them smiley 

@kayleyss   Ah! Good to know!  And you should- I can't remember if you surfed in to the favorite character/hair thread, but you got mentioned repeatedly.  yes

Another TIP I learned today- to reset a pose back to a T pose (I haven't tested on Genesis 8, is that called the A pose?) , it's CTRL+SHIFT+F   

Wow

Me, mentioned in the favorite character/hair thread? I'm speechless blush

@kayleyss    Several times!  yes   Your fans:
    AllenArt   Divamakeup   y3kman  Silver (who says you do stunning everything)  and of course me, I have 11 out of 14. Tara is wishlisted and I can't use the Something Wicked or texture, and for the bundle I already have half of it. So I'm quite a fan!  Hopefully you're puttering around on your next thing? (I haven't surfed the forums much lately, so don't know if you've mentioned anything. I went through 3 pages of the Commercial thread and didn't see anything.) 

LIE AND DECALS
    I was surfing the New Users forum and found an interesting post on keeping colors separate in LIE. Using decals was mentioned.  Then I found a link to the decal product by @KindredArts, who as usual, went way above and beyond the call of duty and did a tutorial to teach us how to make our own. Tutorials take a long time to type up, and for a PA to take the time is always really appreciated.

Here's the LIE post,  and the Decal Tutorial if you haven't seen it. And have you made your own using KA's tutorial? 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Add me to the fans of Kayleyss hair group lol. 

I have KindredArts decal product but haven't had a chance to sit down and follow the tutorial and use it.  It looked really amazing from the promos though.  And his stuff is always top notch.

On a light note, could your dog beat this for a Halloween costume? 

• cismiccismic Posts: 629
    Novica said:

On a light note, could your dog beat this for a Halloween costume? 

This is pretty darn funny! Thanks for sharing. :-)

edited October 2017

Hmm, someone needs to explain the Beautiful Skin eyebrows to me. Do those go under other eyebrows to add ooomph? (see last thumbnail on the product page.) 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2017

I have everything but one thing in the  Mega Pack 3 for this week. Had to laugh, thank goodness it's free.

And a very cute spaceship. for the freebie this week. Thank you @davidbrinnen and @forbiddenwhispers  we appreciate your generosity! 

I know folks are happy to see the Conservatory. One of the contributors on this thread did a complete makeover a couple years ago and it was fantastic. 

BTW, I hope the people in New England are doing okay. Power went out to 50,000 people in the state of Connecticut, and folks up there told me it happened within the first 20 minutes, whereas during Sandy their power only flickered. OUCH. This is an all night thing, and won't let up until about noon tomorrow according to the hourly forecast that I checked. Some places still getting an inch of rain AN HOUR. 

bundlefunny.png
    893 x 406 - 306K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited October 2017

Here's a cute little stove for your toons, or enlarge and make it a toy for your characters. It says for DS and Poser, it's a .cr2 and obj   For $2.43 ($2.70 without qualifying items) it's a steal. Don't forget to go through your wishlist, sort low to high. A lot of goodies discounted today since a lot of stores involved. And don't forget to use your PC+  coupons if you haven't, it's the 30th. 

Just a few quick notes while going through my wishlist (just doing a few pages.) 

Fred Winkler has some 68% off characters. They are going to 71% off with qualifying items. There's men and women.
    Val3dart has Defender Props including a nice mace (well, there's no such thing, those are wicked) and a shield with nice detail. $4.35 and 71% (with qualifying items)
    Persian Rug Collection from ImagineX is 12 different rugs, good variety including some with less patterns, and is same deal as Defender Props.
    If you have the Classic Tuxedo, you can pick up the textures for $3.78 (qualifying items) Anna Benjamin's store has a variety of texture sets at 68% that will go 71% 

Post edited by Novica on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Looks like all of our store is on sale too, 45% off for brokered stuff , 75% for the Daz-O's, and 78% for the characters.

Josie's Jewels is free today too, it's for K4 but it's just smart props so grab it anyway.

@fisty  Thanks for mentioning that- I didn't because there's nothing in my wishlist from you. I only show a page for your store because I own so much of it. Only 30 things or so that I don't have out of 143. And the page shows bundles, which I own all of the individual pieces. I don't need the Ewahee for Hitomi 4,  Fearless Fantasy (V4), the Poser gown, etc  So I know you are happy I'm a fan, and you're not in my wishlist LOL! 

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

LOL <3

edited November 2017

Man, go through your wishlist- now. Several of us behind the scenes (busy little bees!)  are scouting out things which are dropping in price, and are in agreement we can't find a common theme/belonging to a sale section. Things are going up to 81% off. (some aren't DOs either.) with aNew Debut (I think it would work with Still New, didn't bother to check and  I've already checked out. One makes sense (the spider)  which goes 81% and  $4.85

You'll see things in your wishlist at 73%. We can't figure most of them out (the featured stores don't go 73% and they're not in a special section like halloween/horror, and have nothing to do with that and aren't in other categories. Just shop for deals in your wishlist and hopefully you'll find a few.  Edit- it was indeed a glitch and fixed, but took an hour or more. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I had it with a New Debut in the cart - just the one, and it was the PC+ item. I don't think 2 are required.  

Novica said:

Man, go through your wishlist- now. Several of us behind the scenes (busy little bees!)  are scouting out things which are dropping in price, and are in agreement we can't find a common theme/belonging to a sale section. Things are going up to 81% off. (some aren't DOs either.) with two New Debuts (I think it would work with Still New, didn't bother to check and  I've already checked out. One makes sense (the spider)  which goes 81% and  $4.85

You'll see things in your wishlist at 73%. We can't figure most of them out (the featured stores don't go 73% and they're not in a special section like halloween/horror, and have nothing to do with that and aren't in other categories. Just shop for deals in your wishlist and hopefully you'll find a few.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830
    edited October 2017

Just recently got back from an extended trip so only downloaded the new DS 10 yesterday. First thing I did was try out dForce. I used a scene I made last June to demonstrate push modifiers and dForce is so much easier to use. I wrote it up as a tutorial posted here. It is a simple blanket made from a primitive but it's a useful way to see how some of the dForce parameters work. Here's the final render:

Post edited by RGcincy on

That looks so much better! The added puckers and wrinkles are so more realistic. I know folks will appreciate the time and effort it took to type all that up. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830
    edited November 2017

I tried some more parameters. Here's a good one for cold and frosty nights like we're starting to get up north.

dForce blanket z moved smoothed.jpg
    583 x 700 - 268K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
This discussion has been closed.