Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,943
    RGcincy said:

More learning on dForce. Been playing around with making messy clothes. Sometimes work, sometimes doesn't. Here's a couple of successes.

Those look great!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330

Thank you, L'Adair and Novica.

I'm quite impressed with those clothes on the chair, RGCincy - must try that when I have some spare time (I've tried the "pool of cloth on the floor" look, but not draped over props).

Nice render, Astracadia.

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

I'm not sure if this is the mirror type of things you're looking for but, I recently did this with one of the DO's. I've been putting together images of how I created this or stumbled into the process. :-)

RGcincy said:

More learning on dForce. Been playing around with making messy clothes. Sometimes work, sometimes doesn't. Here's a couple of successes.

That’s pretty cool does have a lot of potential for different types of things in scene

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830

Thanks barbult, MelanieL and Cismic. I've yet to try dForce on clothing applied to a figure! Thought I'd start simple and see what else dForce can do. Piles of clothing and clothing/linen hanging around is common in real life but not so much in the rendered world. I did find the long sleeve shirt crashed DS consistently until I transformed it into an object. The green shirt worked fine without the need to be changed. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

Well, keep an eye on your cart, it is doing weird things. The price in the TOTAL section is where to look. When I went to Paypal, the price was higher on the first page which shows the price, when I went to the next page to select payment type, it went low again. And was low on the page where we hit the Process button. Maybe they're tweaking the store. (I grabbed a New Release that is probably not right.) 

Page 90 already - this has filled up fast!

edited November 2017

I wonder how many clothing items can be stacked using dForce? I did just just a few but I like how this one turned out. Now you can add some nice details to scenes using dForce on clothing and other items.

I have a thread in Commons capturing my tips as I go along. You can find it here.

dForce clothes pile 2a.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,771

Ooh, love the crumpled clothing. Of course, now we need a cat hair shader laugh

I love the socks in the shoes!

Dang Rich, you should sell tutorials. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I think Rich makes better tutorials than have be thus been provided by the store. Nice job. 

• Does anyone know of a tutorial for the ParrotDolphin shaders?

NSFW said:

Does anyone know of a tutorial for the ParrotDolphin shaders?

They come with good PDF user guides.

edited November 2017
    NSFW said:

Does anyone know of a tutorial for the ParrotDolphin shaders?

@NSFW  As Barbult said. Those should have a link in the ReadMes, which are on the Product page if you have Ati's app. If not, use the DIM and click on the "i" button which will take you to it. That's the easiest way. 

Post edited by Novica on

@Barbult, the socks in the shoes was an overnight inspiration. I woke up in the morning and thought "everyone stuffs socks in shoes" so I went back and added them. 

@Novica, I've thought of selling but I also enjoy just helping out. I have a pretty quick work flow set up, so it doesn't take that long to put these together.

@Nath, or a white husky hair shader (I still find them from my daughter's dog stuck in my car cushions and the dog hasn't been in there for more than 6 months).

@SereneNight I saw your comment in another thread about a man's tie. I've started playing around with one but so far it's taught me how little I know about the dForce maps that are needed.

RGcincy said:

@Barbult, the socks in the shoes was an overnight inspiration. I woke up in the morning and thought "everyone stuffs socks in shoes" so I went back and added them. 

Not everyone. You have to be able to FIND your shoes first.  

Or with my grandchildren, find where they threw their socks and shoes. Sometimes they've gone home without when we cann't find them (they're better now that they are older).

• We have ferrets.  Socks can diappear for weeks and suddenly appear in a neat pile in the center of the living room.  They never manage to wash them though...

Not a good Summer.

RGcincy said:

Or with my grandchildren, find where they threw their socks and shoes. Sometimes they've gone home without when we cann't find them (they're better now that they are older).

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

or you have to actually wear socks LOL. I own one pair of socks - bedsocks for winter. Socks generally don't go well with thongs LOL 

Novica said:
    RGcincy said:

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    jakiblue said:

or you have to actually wear socks LOL. I own one pair of socks - bedsocks for winter. Socks generally don't go well with thongs LOL 

Novica said:
    RGcincy said:

I had to think about that for a second - you're on about what they call thong sandals down under (what we call flip-flops or toe-post sandals here) right, and not the pair of knickers/panties with a piece of string for a back that the word is usually used for in the UK, right? :)

My husband's cousin was over here from Australia a couple of years ago, and us girls took her on a shopping trip one afternoon because she was in desperate need of 'a pair of bathers'. Our enlightened expressions when she stopped to rummage through a rack of bikinis revealed that not one of us had had a clue what she was on about, but nobody had wanted to say so :)

• NathNath Posts: 2,771
    jakiblue said:

Novica said:
    RGcincy said:

That's thongs in the flip-flops sense, I'll assume? laugh

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Nath said:
    jakiblue said:

Novica said:
    RGcincy said:

That's thongs in the flip-flops sense, I'll assume? laugh

Well, we called those thongs when I was kid. Still did, even after the lingerie world stole the term. I started calling them flip-flops in the mid '70s while working in electronics, because of the circuit dubbed a flip-flop. I'd not heard them called flip-flops "officially" until much later. And by officially, I mean used in store advertising, but as I didn't pay much attention to advertising, it could have started earlier. For reference, I grew up in Oregon, then moved to California at 17. (I came back to Oregon in my early-30s. and I've stayed put every since.)

The reason I poked my head in, though, was to see if Novica had any new recommendations. I need to check out tongiht, or lose the intro discount on Giuseppe. Guess he'll be the only item in the cart. I hope he feels special, rather than lonely. I'm really looking forward to starring him in a render or two for the Raining Men contest.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I am curious about Giuseppe. Let me know what you think. . The skin looks good but in some renders I see the eyebrows have a shiny space in area on the ridge. Other renders this effect is not visible

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Ah yes! I always forget that - thongs are worn on your feet. Known as flip flops in other parts of the world. The knickers with the tiny string up the bum are called "g-strings".  My shoe wardrobe consists of three pairs of thongs (for the feet), and one pair of sandshoes (sneakers/joggers/runners) and one pair of "boat shoes"...which are basically sneakers/joggers/runners, but they have deliberate holes in them so water runs out when you are walking in a river, or getting off the boat into water to walk to shore etc. I don't wear socks with the normal sneakers cos i hardly wear them, and I certainly don't wear socks with the water shoes. LOL.  

Bathers! LOL yes that's what I call them too. Bathers for swimware is very common term here. "Swimmers" or "bathers". 

jakiblue said:

Novica said:
    RGcincy said:

I had to think about that for a second - you're on about what they call thong sandals down under (what we call flip-flops or toe-post sandals here) right, and not the pair of knickers/panties with a piece of string for a back that the word is usually used for in the UK, right? :)

My husband's cousin was over here from Australia a couple of years ago, and us girls took her on a shopping trip one afternoon because she was in desperate need of 'a pair of bathers'. Our enlightened expressions when she stopped to rummage through a rack of bikinis revealed that not one of us had had a clue what she was on about, but nobody had wanted to say so :)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I am curious about Giuseppe. Let me know what you think. . The skin looks good but in some renders I see the eyebrows have a shiny space in area on the ridge. Other renders this effect is not visible

Will do. Going to go check out now. I don't like cutting it too close. (Did that one time, and my flippin' internet dropped out until the next the day. Tech support insisted there was nothing wrong, that it was on my end, but the next day, everything was working just fine again. Missed out a pretty good sale, but made up for it later. lol. And within the month, I changed providers!)

Sorry about the lack of renders, been prioritizing some other activities. (Back to cleaning out the storage unit, sorting kitchen cabinets and giving away dishes,etc that we never use. WHY we have three cheese graters I'll never know- all identical.) 

I've really cut back on buying things because the PC+ stuff has been offered in previous sales and already scooped up, and there's nothing I need at 50ish off. I'll buy it if it's adorable (got the Clydesdale but also had an orange banner so 66% off) the Chambino Range Boots and Jeans (72%)Cave Restaurant (72%)Marc for Michael 8 (72%)  and P3D Mylou (58%, so almost 60% off.) 

I also went back over to Rendo because when they changed their rewards program this past summer and had 60-75% sales, I bought quite a bit and wrote up reviews. That content package assist product (which helps install products from other sites) was a godsend because I wouldn't have had time to test those products otherwise. I'm slow as a turtle manually installing as I put the files where they go to ensure someone hasn't nested a file or done them wrong. Anyway, Rendo did the double rewards for several weeks, so I took advantage of it. The points don't expire so I just remembered about them and wandered over and shopped. BTW, @godin you have an error for River, you said the Riona Hair hadn't been released, and it has now. Might want to update that page.  

People ask if the Prime membership over there is worth it, and I'd certainly say yes. Same with the PC+ Club here. I can't imagine NOT having it, with $12 of codes every month and the added discounts on new figures and products. Interesting that I'm sitting out the PC+ sale for the most part compared to the PA sale, but I'd tell every new member to get the membership at least their first year, and stock up. So curious- which feature do you like the BEST? If you could only keep one of these two, which would it be? I think I get more benefit from the second one (definitely when Pro Bundles/Starter Bundles released.)  Do you use your $12 every month? I do.

a. the $12 in discounts each month 
    b. the discounts on DOs

Sadly, we no longer get advanced previews in the PC forum of upcoming products. I vaguely remember that. 

• Valery3DValery3D Posts: 105
    Novica said:

Sorry about the lack of renders, been prioritizing some other activities. (Back to cleaning out the storage unit, sorting kitchen cabinets and giving away dishes,etc that we never use. WHY we have three cheese graters I'll never know- all identical.) 

I've really cut back on buying things because the PC+ stuff has been offered in previous sales and already scooped up, and there's nothing I need at 50ish off. I'll buy it if it's adorable (got the Clydesdale but also had an orange banner so 66% off) the Chambino Range Boots and Jeans (72%)Cave Restaurant (72%)Marc for Michael 8 (72%)  and P3D Mylou (58%, so almost 60% off.) 

I also went back over to Rendo because when they changed their rewards program this past summer and had 60-75% sales, I bought quite a bit and wrote up reviews. That content package assist product (which helps install products from other sites) was a godsend because I wouldn't have had time to test those products otherwise. I'm slow as a turtle manually installing as I put the files where they go to ensure someone hasn't nested a file or done them wrong. Anyway, Rendo did the double rewards for several weeks, so I took advantage of it. The points don't expire so I just remembered about them and wandered over and shopped. BTW, @godin you have an error for River, you said the Riona Hair hadn't been released, and it has now. Might want to update that page.  

People ask if the Prime membership over there is worth it, and I'd certainly say yes. Same with the PC+ Club here. I can't imagine NOT having it, with $12 of codes every month and the added discounts on new figures and products. Interesting that I'm sitting out the PC+ sale for the most part compared to the PA sale, but I'd tell every new member to get the membership at least their first year, and stock up. So curious- which feature do you like the BEST? If you could only keep one of these two, which would it be? I think I get more benefit from the second one (definitely when Pro Bundles/Starter Bundles released.)  Do you use your $12 every month? I do.

a. the $12 in discounts each month 
    b. the discounts on DOs

Sadly, we no longer get advanced previews in the PC forum of upcoming products. I vaguely remember that. 

Thank you Novica :) That part of the promo credits is adjusted now

edited November 2017

@godin  Sure :)   And I did indeed buy River. Lovely gal!

Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2017

Pepper for Genesis 3 and 8 Females by @addy

Gorgeous eyes! That's the first thing I noticed. I used my own color for the lips (228/186/157) and I like the three eyelash options (normal, then a bit more, then glam) I've featured Sabela Hair  (Gen8F) before, and it renders very realistically. You have a lot of choices, such as Californian highlights. The Sabela Hair main promo doesn't really do it justice. LOOK AT THE DETAIL IN THE HAIR!  It's got 40 material presets and 112 morphs. 

PepperSabelaHair.png
    960 x 960 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Valery3DValery3D Posts: 105
    Novica said:

@godin  Sure :)   And I did indeed buy River. Lovely gal!

Thank you so much! Novica :)

This discussion has been closed.