Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330

Thanks for bringing my attention to that, Novica - it's in my wishlist but the flash sale wasn't in force when I last checked for sale items there (this morning).

• pruggipruggi Posts: 151
    Novica said:

Flash Sale 70% Sloshwerks  You can get this Genesis 8 UV Swap for $4.49  with purchase of a new release. I already own most of that store so that's about it for me. But if you don't, have fun shopping!

Yeaaaaa, picking that one up as well! :) Excited to try it out.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,940
    Novica said:

Flash Sale 70% Sloshwerks  You can get this Genesis 8 UV Swap for $4.49  with purchase of a new release. I already own most of that store so that's about it for me. But if you don't, have fun shopping!

Yup, I bought it.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

Sure, happy to help.  I hope people who aren't yet getting Genesis 8 take advantage of it, that's a really low price.
    BTW, @valandar  I bought your Pen and Marker Set.  Really good! 

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612
    edited November 2017
    barbult said:

@Lyoness, why do the Glitter Sweet Girls characters show up twice with different names? The names imply that one set is HD and the other is not, but they seem to be the same.One set is in people\genesis 8 female\characters and the other set is in people\genesis 8 female\characters\lyoness\glitter sweet girls.

Edit: Also, I can't get the Iray preset to turn off the fingernail shine to work. It doesn't seem to do anything. I don't see a change in surface settings. Can you help me figure out how to use it?

the reason you see it twice, is because you are looking at smart content, I am required to put the Character preset in two locations for the "runtime" folders.  It goes into the character folder and then I include it in my GlitterSweet Girls folder.  .... Smart content shows it twice.  Sorry.  The are IDENTICAL and all my products tend to be setup that way

the matte setting works, but it's a very subtle difference on the natural nail.  that may be why you are having hard time seeing it.

if you really want to accentuate the matte-ness... change the Specular Lobe 1 Roughness and Specular Lobe 2 Roughness dials to 1.0 in the shader tab.

matte setting.png
    346 x 665 - 62K
    Post edited by Lyoness on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited November 2017
    Novica said:

I had and used the Genesis 3 UV Swap so when the G8 version came out, I bought it immediately. However, I put the Ktarya Bundle in my cart now, along with Just Josh. (I always thought the legs of those shorts looked a bit wonky, but I'm excited to see if dForce can make them lie correctly when the male is sitting.) Sloskwerks products are showing 76% off in my cart. The bundle is $11.65 and Just Josh is only $4.79.

ETA: And... I just checked out.

Post edited by L'Adair on
    Lyoness said:
    barbult said:

@Lyoness, why do the Glitter Sweet Girls characters show up twice with different names? The names imply that one set is HD and the other is not, but they seem to be the same.One set is in people\genesis 8 female\characters and the other set is in people\genesis 8 female\characters\lyoness\glitter sweet girls.

Edit: Also, I can't get the Iray preset to turn off the fingernail shine to work. It doesn't seem to do anything. I don't see a change in surface settings. Can you help me figure out how to use it?

the reason you see it twice, is because you are looking at smart content, I am required to put the Character preset in two locations for the "runtime" folders.  It goes into the character folder and then I include it in my GlitterSweet Girls folder.  .... Smart content shows it twice.  Sorry.  The are IDENTICAL and all my products tend to be setup that way

the matte setting works, but it's a very subtle difference on the natural nail.  that may be why you are having hard time seeing it.

if you really want to accentuate the matte-ness... change the Specular Lobe 1 Roughness and Specular Lobe 2 Roughness dials to 1.0 in the shader tab.

@Lyoness, thank you for the tips.

edited November 2017

Here is my Joy render from the LY Glitter Sweet Girls.

LY Glitter Girls Joy_002 PS.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148
    Novica said:

I'm snagging them, even though I don't do much texture swapping yet.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Novica said:

I'm snagging them, even though I don't do much texture swapping yet.  Thanks for pointing it out.

It comes in real handy if you create a skin for your males in Skin Builder 3, (and hopefully soon, Skin Builder 4.) You save your new skin as a G3F preset, but it uses the "Base Female" UVs, so you apply it to the male and use the UV Swap to set Base Female and voila!

(It's a bit of a pain to use G8 materials on G3 due to the Hierarchical presets, but applying G3 to G8 is easy. Just select both the character and the eyelashes at the same time, and double click on your G3 materials.)

barbult said:

She sure is cute. And that dress looks better on her, imo, than on the older characters.

@L'adair - I love how you say "voila" - meanwhile I'm cringing and thinking that sure sounds complicated, lol!  Slowly but surely I learn though.  It took me 8 months before i attempted to install products purchased elsewhere (thanks to Novica's help).  I've had them for a while, but I was worried about wrecking my runtime.     

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612
    L'Adair said:
    barbult said:

She sure is cute. And that dress looks better on her, imo, than on the older characters.

I agree... she looks super cute.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Joy looks great Barbult. And typically I don’t like 3d kids.

Thanks for the comments on my Joy render. smiley Here is another. She has beautiful Iray skin with no fiddling required.

@barbult  She is just precious! 
    @worldsedge  I'm right with you there- how you felt about installing products from elsewhere, I feel about @ladair saying voila too! I'm thinking, "Um, sure." We know who to pester when we go to try UV swapping!

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

Well, here is my Joy render. The skin is very nice and looks good close up.

Description

Sometimes you have to stop and smell the flowers.

Made with...

edited November 2017
    Novica said:

@worldsedge  I'm right with you there- how you felt about installing products from elsewhere, I feel about @ladair saying voila too! I'm thinking, "Um, sure." We know who to pester when we go to try UV swapping!

You guys. lol

1. Install Genesis 8 UV Swap.
    2. Load the figure you want to use. For example, DM's Jackson for G8M.
    3. Apply the skin materials from a G8F. For Example, DM's Clarke for G8F.
      • Go to the Surfaces->Presets.
      • Uncheck the "Filter By Context" box if checked.
      • Go to Materials->Iray->Feminine->Clarke for Genesis 8 Female->Skin
      • Double-click on the ""Clarke Base" icon.
      • Apply any other options you want as well.
    4. In the Surface-Editor, select the surfaces for Jackson.
    5. In the filter field above the properties column, type "UV" without the quotes. That will isolate the UV Set property.
    6. From the dropdown list, select Base Female.
    7. Now Clarke's skin materials fit Jackson.

It's pretty much the same thing you do now when you put one character's materials on another, except you have to change the UVs.

Post edited by L'Adair on
    L'Adair said:
    Novica said:

You guys. lol

5. In the filter field above the properties column, type "UV" without the quotes. That will isolate the UV Set property.

It's pretty much the same thing you do now when you put one character's materials on another, except you have to change the UVs.

I applied Glitter Sweet Girls skin to G8M and the UV was swapped for me automatically to Base Female. I thought I would have to go through the Surface pane procedure you described, but I didn't.

cismic said:

Description

Sometimes you have to stop and smell the flowers.

Made with...

@cismic - Wonderful render!

@l'adair - Thanks a bunch for the step by step instructions.  I've copied them and will give it a try on the weekend.  I haven't even tried swapping skins, ANY skins, yet.  I guess I'll ah ... dive in, and thanks for the push.

@novica - good job with the pestering, it worked lol.

barbult said:
    L'Adair said:
    Novica said:

You guys. lol

I applied Glitter Sweet Girls skin to G8M and the UV was swapped for me automatically to Base Female. I thought I would have to go through the Surface pane procedure you described, but I didn't.

Now that's a well thought out product! Thank you, Lyoness.

Monique 8 is very good deal, today. I have Monique 6 Pro so there is an additional 10% off. There's a message in my Exclusive Offers about it. I'm thinking of getting Xolani for Monique 7, too. Only $3.18—She's in the Daily Spotlight with an additional 30% off, (with 3 or more Debut items in the cart.) Anyone have an opinion on her?

Here's my cart, as it stands at the moment:

20171114-Cart-with-Monique8.png
    1144 x 1026 - 198K
    edited November 2017
    L'Adair said:
    barbult said:
    L'Adair said:
    Novica said:

You guys. lol

Now that's a well thought out product! Thank you, Lyoness.

Monique 8 is very good deal, today. I have Monique 6 Pro so there is an additional 10% off. There's a message in my Exclusive Offers about it. I'm thinking of getting Xolani for Monique 7, too. Only $3.18—She's in the Daily Spotlight with an additional 30% off, (with 3 or more Debut items in the cart.) Anyone have an opinion on her?

Here's my cart, as it stands at the moment:

I'm in the same position! I'm pretty impressed with the starting discount on Monique 8 - wasn't expecting that. And some of the characters look very nice! I'm really liking Imani and Tiana - hmmm, so much to consider. I, like you, am also considering Xolani and would love to hear others' opinions on her as well. Don't really see much in the gallery with her.

Post edited by pruggi on
  • cismiccismic Posts: 629

@cismic - Wonderful render!

@l'adair - Thanks a bunch for the step by step instructions.  I've copied them and will give it a try on the weekend.  I haven't even tried swapping skins, ANY skins, yet.  I guess I'll ah ... dive in, and thanks for the push.

@novica - good job with the pestering, it worked lol.

@Worlds_Edge Thank you. Lots of cool renders of her. I like the skin in the set. 

@L'Adair  I've not any thing with UV swapping. Any examples to look at? 

edited November 2017

@ladair   That was really nice of you to type that up for us- thank you very much! 
    @cismic  She looks really good, particularly her skin. On her legs I could swear I can almost see beneath the skin, the intricate veins. I like the slightly mottled look of the skin too, very real.

@worldsedge  I've been doing this five years and haven't ever swapped anything either. Basically because I'm showcasing products as-is, but also because I'm just not too enthusiastic about tinkering. It was really brave of me to get the Content Package Assist because anything with steps involved, (Like GenX2) is pretty much intimidating to me, regardless of how easy it is. (And again any of you who don't have that product and buy from other places, you really need to get it. REALLY. Easy. It even installs via DIM for you.) 

I am just getting online and the first thing I see is a Monique in my emails, so off to check her out.

Post edited by Novica on

Well, okay. I have .61 store credit. I did see where Jack was mentioning "making it right" for a product that wasn't correct at the PC introductory amount, so I guess that's what it is. And wow, what's up with the Monique discount? Nice!  $60.40 for all this?  77% off overall?

Grand Total $60.40     77%     Subtotal $259.60     Discount $199.20

Novica said:

Well, okay. I have .61 store credit. I did see where Jack was mentioning "making it right" for a product that wasn't correct at the PC introductory amount, so I guess that's what it is. And wow, what's up with the Monique discount? Nice!  $60.40 for all this?  77% off overall?

Grand Total $60.40     77%     Subtotal $259.60     Discount $199.20

Yea, this was an incredible discount for Monique. I got the 8,7,6 Pro Bundles, the Minerva outfit textures and Imani HD all for 38.97!

I just sent this in to Support, as I found the thread on the bugs (Creeper Collection) again, I thought they had that fixed but apparently not. (No way to download them, they removed some out of the store, but the ladybug and wasp were available yesterday.

This is what I paid yesterday:

Creepers Collection: The Lady Bug 16183 1 $0.79

Creepers Collection: The Wasp 16180 1 $0.80

I got a credit of 61 cents- and now I'm thinking it was for the bugs and not a Jack-fixed-intro-price. It should have been $1.59  I hate when they do credits and we have no idea why. Check your credit (go to My Account) and see if you have any, and if you bought the bugs.

• NathNath Posts: 2,771

I had a 0.77 credit, and I didn't buy any bugs.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,881

I had a $0.60 credit and did buy the two bugs but they're still in my library. The price doesn't match either. So I don't think the store credit has anything to do with them.

edited November 2017

So it must've been for the PC item Jack was going to adjust for everyone. (But I'm still guessing.)  Thanks @nath 

Here's Tiana for Monique 8 for everyone, with different Pro-Studio lighting. Will have her shortly and will post here. She's wearing Miranda Hair (G3F/G8F) and I love that hair, it has one click hairstyles and great morphs. You can adjust the hairline, volume, bangs, all the usual things. There's also twist options and move completely left or right. IT RENDERS QUICKLY. This 600 x 800 render that is a closeup only took 18 minutes and that is with render quality 1.50, Mitchell filter lowered to 1.35. 

First with 20R. 

And 14R.

tiana Pro20R.png
    600 x 800 - 965K
    tiana Pro14R.png
    600 x 800 - 975K
    Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.