Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830

Hope you're not too sore in the morning. Quick thinking to leave go of the reins.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I know I shouldn't, but I am laughing so hard at the image laugh Feel for you, for getting hurt, but omg that should be on video. Reminded me of the time recently when I had to climb through the window cos we didn't have our keys - I wrote about it on FB and everyone was cracking up. laugh I was supposed to land on the comfy recliner chair under the window. but both dogs were jumping on it cos they were excited to see me, and when they finally jumped off, i fell forward and Donk jumped BACK UP and I landed on him, and rolled off to the floor, landing face first on the floor with my legs half up the wall, and hubby is calling out "are you alright?" and I'm answering him through a facefull of floor. Bruised myself dreadfully. I defintely don't have a career as a stealthy, gracefull Ninja Warrior who does ballet in her spare time, when I grow up.  

Novica said:

Ah, back from the barn and a WHOLE lot sorer.........Tomorrow I know I'll be so stiff I won't be walking LOL. It was really a lot colder today than it has been, so the horses were just a bit more frisky. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Sorry to hear you had a misstep with Stetson, (pun intended,) but I'm glad to hear it's nothing too serious. I imagine your ego got the worst of it, with those young whippersnappers looking on. Though it does sound like you'll be walking very carefully for the next few days. I recommend a hot bath or shower, as often as you can justify it! Here's a few soft hugs for you, young lady.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

Well, I went to bed early (8pm) and back up at 6am, had a so-so time of sleeping. Still not a single bruise! It's hard as a rock though. (LOL, my dream come true, rock hard thighs instead of flab.) I'm pleasantly surprised that I am only slightly more sore than yesterday, and I'll take some aspirin if it really hurts. Didn't want to do that yesterday because IMO you need to KNOW what's hurting to determine if an emergency room visit is needed. Fortunately I saw Mom a couple days ago so I won't be limping when I see her next time, heavens, she'd just worry and worry. (that's what 89 year olds do. Turning 90 in December.) 

I'm liking the prices going to 77% on the new debut items. (most of them.) Lyonness Glitter Sweet Girls going to 62% and they are really cute!  I also appreciate the different styled window in the Interior Room and Furniture. The door opens and closes (as all sets should have by this point. No excuse not to have that, and functional windows IF they are the type to open/close.) 

jakiblue said:

I know I shouldn't, but I am laughing so hard at the image laugh Feel for you, for getting hurt, but omg that should be on video. Reminded me of the time recently when I had to climb through the window cos we didn't have our keys - ..... landing face first on the floor with my legs half up the wall, and hubby is calling out "are you alright?" and I'm answering him through a facefull of floor..

I think I'd rather have a facefull of grass...much softer. And that's okay to laugh, it reminded me of when my brother-in-law did the splits when the rowboat moved away from the dock and as his legs spread further and further apart, the look on his face of "Noooooooo!"  The water was icy cold, winter. I imagine he didn't find it funny as we were laughing while it was happening, but he was a good sport about it.

Okay, took me all morning, but there's been a few questions behind the scenes on the Content Package Assist  by @doctorjellybean  so I revisited using the product and did a tutorial for you. If you find any errors let me know (but I did it as I went, step by step) or have any questions, just ask. It's not THE way to do it, but it works for me. Anytime something works, I'll take it. wink The Help in the product really does a great job, but someone doing it step by step is always easier for me to follow. 

Content Package Assist is a must-have if you shop elsewhere or have a lot of freebies. It's fast and easy! Don't mess with multiple files, use the batch option and "combine" and there you go.  Here's the tutorial! 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited November 2017

Wanted to show Angelica for G8F.  She is a really beautiful character (new yesterday and only $5.75 without any extra discounts) She has a very muscular body and beautiful skin.  The eyes I used do NOT come with although she has a great selection as well. Also, for those of you who don't like to use the Iray preview, her make up does show in the preview screen.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • pruggipruggi Posts: 151

Wanted to show Angelica for G8F.  She is a really beautiful character (new yesterday and only $5.75 without any extra discounts) She has a very muscular body and beautiful skin.  The eyes I used do NOT come with although she has a great selection as well. Also, for those of you who don't like to use the Iray preview, her make up does show in the preview screen.

Cool render, I love the eyes! I agree, Angelica is amazing! Her and Candy were great surprises this week. Here's a quick render of her with Darius

@icedragonart  @pruggi  Awesome lighting on both of those. Love the soft, muted light on Darius and her lower torso/side, then fading off to the right into darkness. Awesome! And IceDragonArt did you use Dforce on the dress? It's draping so beautifully!

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

Here is Angelica as a Rock Diva

Rocking Diva.jpg
    3846 x 5000 - 996K
  • NathNath Posts: 2,771

I'm also impressed by Angelica. Here's a quick close-up.

20171109_Angelice.png
    987 x 982 - 1M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited November 2017
    Novica said:

@icedragonart  @pruggi  Awesome lighting on both of those. Love the soft, muted light on Darius and her lower torso/side, then fading off to the right into darkness. Awesome! And IceDragonArt did you use Dforce on the dress? It's draping so beautifully!

Yes I did.  I ended up having to just put the skirt and the ground in the scene with her to do the drape, then I put the rest of her clothes on, her hair, the lighting etc.  Its the only way it wouldn't crash and burn.  But it was worth it.  I used Marshians Iray Rim Light Rig right behind her and KindredArts Ghost Light to the front right of her.  Plus one of Sedor's night skies and those three items are the only lights in the scene.

Edited to add that the sphere is emmissive as well, although I changed it from white to red.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Happy Saturday night. Enjoy some Flamingos dancing to Michael Jackson. And a Peacock Spider dancing to YMCA. Check out the rest of that channel, the Mud Skipper is weird.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,881
    edited November 2017

More Angelica.

angelica_03_800.jpg
    800 x 856 - 385K
    Post edited by Taoz on

@taoz   Very nice!  That hair looks good on her too, a breezy look to go with the overall feeling of the render. 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148

Here is D.Masters' new toonie male character, Billy.  I rendered him to 85%, out of the box, no lighting or changes.  Although not shown, I also tried to see what I could get by mixing in the morphs of other characters.  To give him just a little more muscle definition, the body morphs of other G8Ms worked well.  Head/Face morphs (of other characters) dialed in did not make as big a change to Billy's face.  I think he makes a great addition to the toonie character gene pool.  

Billy 82 percent render.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 627K
  • pruggipruggi Posts: 151

Here is D.Masters' new toonie male character, Billy.  I rendered him to 85%, out of the box, no lighting or changes.  Although not shown, I also tried to see what I could get by mixing in the morphs of other characters.  To give him just a little more muscle definition, the body morphs of other G8Ms worked well.  Head/Face morphs (of other characters) dialed in did not make as big a change to Billy's face.  I think he makes a great addition to the toonie character gene pool.  

Love it! He looks great, I definitely plan to pick him up! I was really happy to see a male from DMaster. Which hair are you using on him?

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148

@pruggi - I'm using Ryan hair.  I like the longer hair in the promo too.  With the longer hair, he could make a great midieval character.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Thanks for posting the pic.  In general, I like toons but for some reason this one escaped my attention.  Checking it out now.

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612
    Novica said:

Lyonness Glitter Sweet Girls going to 62% and they are really cute! 

Thanks.  Glad you like them.

@lyoness  I do!   I picked them up. I haven't had time to render anything this weekend, but I'll be sure and do a couple renders to showcase them in the next day or two..
    @worldsedge  Billy would indeed be a good addition to the gene pool. 

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612
    Novica said:

@lyoness  I do!   I picked them up. I haven't had time to render anything this weekend, but I'll be sure and do a couple renders to showcase them in the next day or two..

@novica I did this as one of my "fun" renders using the youngest character from Glitter Sweet Girls
    https://lyoness1.deviantart.com/art/Joy-one-of-the-Glitter-Sweet-Girls-708106845

so there's a lot you can do with them!!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,940
    Lyoness said:
    Novica said:

@novica I did this as one of my "fun" renders using the youngest character from Glitter Sweet Girls
    https://lyoness1.deviantart.com/art/Joy-one-of-the-Glitter-Sweet-Girls-708106845

She's beautiful, @Lyoness.

Lyoness said:
    Novica said:

My first thought was, "Oh. She's adorable." I picked up the Sweet Girls when I got Zev0's Bend Control yesterday. I'm really looking forward to using them.

L'Adair said:
    Lyoness said:
    Novica said:

My first thought was, "Oh. She's adorable." I picked up the Sweet Girls when I got Zev0's Bend Control yesterday. I'm really looking forward to using them.

I bought it, too, but haven't had a chance to use it yet either. Are we buying too much stuff? blush

barbult said:
    L'Adair said:
    Lyoness said:
    Novica said:

I bought it, too, but haven't had a chance to use it yet either. Are we buying too much stuff? blush

LOL... Undoubtedly!

L'Adair said:
    barbult said:
    L'Adair said:
    Lyoness said:
    Novica said:

LOL... Undoubtedly!

It was a stupid question, wasn't it? laugh

barbult said:
    L'Adair said:
    barbult said:
    L'Adair said:
    Lyoness said:
    Novica said:

LOL... Undoubtedly!

It was a stupid question, wasn't it? laugh

Not stupid. No such thing as a stupid question... But I'm pretty sure it was rhetorical and needed no answer.

(Because we all know what the answer is, and it's pretty much the same answer for all of us!)

edited November 2017

@Lyoness, why do the Glitter Sweet Girls characters show up twice with different names? The names imply that one set is HD and the other is not, but they seem to be the same.One set is in people\genesis 8 female\characters and the other set is in people\genesis 8 female\characters\lyoness\glitter sweet girls.

Edit: Also, I can't get the Iray preset to turn off the fingernail shine to work. It doesn't seem to do anything. I don't see a change in surface settings. Can you help me figure out how to use it?

LY Glitter Girls double character thumbnails.JPG
    503 x 590 - 67K
    Post edited by barbult on

Flash Sale 70% Sloshwerks  You can get this Genesis 8 UV Swap for $4.49  with purchase of a new release. I already own most of that store so that's about it for me. But if you don't, have fun shopping!

This discussion has been closed.