Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• Valery3DValery3D Posts: 105
    cismic said:
    Godin said:
    Novica said:

@godin  Sure :)   And I did indeed buy River. Lovely gal!

Thank you so much! Novica :)

@godin and I have Sarah! I think she has turned out quite nice. Joseph Kravis

Love the Image Sarah looks amazing here :) Thank you so much!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

@fishtales  Lucas looks good, I think the George Hair and beard look a lot more realistic than the eyebrows, which seem a lot flatter. The stubble on his face is distinct and very believable.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104
    Novica said:

@fishtales  Lucas looks good, I think the George Hair and beard look a lot more realistic than the eyebrows, which seem a lot flatter. The stubble on his face is distinct and very believable.

The one thing I have just noticed is that the beard on the right cheek seems to be standing proud of the face.

edited November 2017

Good eye, to me it looked like tiny rim lighting. But I think that IS the background gray. 

Did anyone else get a laugh out of the man and the woman in the shower room?   (4th thumbnail) It's like, "Have you got the wrong room or do I?"  Of course, I haven't been to a sports workout facility shower room EVER, do the genders share? I thought it was separate locker rooms/showers?

So I got to thinking, are there any sets that have fun details/extra attention you'd like to point out? (Vendors can play too, tout your stuff!)  Or funny / unusual things in the promos? One of my favorites is the modern dog bed in Blank. (second thumbnail. Cute boxer!) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Those shower stalls are big! Assuming that man is full size he can’t even sit on that shelf with his legs touching the ground

• cismiccismic Posts: 629
    edited November 2017
    Nath said:
    L'Adair said:
    Nath said:

Nath said:
    L'Adair said:
    Nath said:

I think this is my best dforce explosion yet: the G8 Hinata dress.

That's actually pretty cool. Hide the figure, scale the dress down a lot, and use it as a flower in either a bouquet, or on a bush. You could export it as a Wavefront OBJ after scaling it, import it, and then you can duplicate or instance it if you need more flowers. Use the X, Y, and Z Scale to give each bloom a slightly different shape. (Yes. I'm serious. That explosion really does look like a flower to me.)

LOL - unfortunately I only have the screenshot and the initial scene, as Studio crashes shortly after the explosion (twice tonight). I do see what you mean, and I might try to salvage the explosion eventually. First now over the next few days/the weekend is to get the dress to work in dforce.

Time to use that other media device that you make calls on and take a movie of the explosion. :-)

Post edited by cismic on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,771
    cismic said:
    Nath said:
    L'Adair said:
    Nath said:

Nath said:
    L'Adair said:
    Nath said:

I think this is my best dforce explosion yet: the G8 Hinata dress.

That's actually pretty cool. Hide the figure, scale the dress down a lot, and use it as a flower in either a bouquet, or on a bush. You could export it as a Wavefront OBJ after scaling it, import it, and then you can duplicate or instance it if you need more flowers. Use the X, Y, and Z Scale to give each bloom a slightly different shape. (Yes. I'm serious. That explosion really does look like a flower to me.)

LOL - unfortunately I only have the screenshot and the initial scene, as Studio crashes shortly after the explosion (twice tonight). I do see what you mean, and I might try to salvage the explosion eventually. First now over the next few days/the weekend is to get the dress to work in dforce.

Time to use that other media device that you make calls on and take a movie of the explosion. :-)

Better off installing Camstudio or similar :-)

Would anyone happen to know of a single hand and arm pose for doing a salutes of all kinds for either man or women? Thank you, Joseph

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I have salute poses in one of my free sets both British and American salutes. But it adjusts the full body.  You could likely zero the rest of the body and save the arm alone out

I have salute poses in one of my free sets both British and American salutes. But it adjusts the full body.  You could likely zero the rest of the body and save the arm alone out

That would be awesome! Veterans day is approaching thought I'd work on a couple of images. My salutes are getting there. But, still learing. 

Here is another image done with todays new purchase I should say early this morning. Had time to put this together. I liked Adriana's cool skin realism. The ultra genesis lights have been very easy to use and versatile for different types of images. 

Description

Trying some new purchases for the PC sale. I really like the ISourceTextures models. Nice skin.

Made with...

Thank you!  Very much appreciated!

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148

I guess I am in a toonie mood as I've been picking up D.Master's characters.  Here is Candy  with bedhead hair.  Both are recently released products.  I did have a little trouble dressing the character.  Had poke thru issues in the chest area.  Now I have the shrink wrap top issue (with this top and another top that I tried).  I don't think these have anything to do with the character though.  I will likely brighten up her teeth as they seem a bit yellowish to me. This is 85 percent rendered, no lights added.

Candy - kitty g8mw skirt beatuiful bedhead.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M

@worldsedge  Aw, cute toon! She looks frisky. Agree about the teeth.
    @cismic  the lighting really shows off the material texture of the outfit,  and she looks good too. I like the mouth position, looks soft and relaxed. 

@novica, thank you. I started with a lot of your basline settings 135 iso etc. 

@worldsedge Like josy an pussy cats. very nice image. :-)

cismic said:

Excellent!  Another thing you might want to try on a portrait is the vignette (in Tone Mapping) to darken the corners just a smidgeon. It brings in a bit of gray fade that is subtle and adds more "pop out" effect that people won't even recognize that it's doing. Think of menu buttons, that have the edges darkened, and it makes the button appear 3D. 

Did anyone notice the interactive license fee on Heart of the East? (Not that it will be something I would ever use.)  Sorry, but that's not a huge set, it's stairs, a gate/arch, and some plants. FIFTY dollars? No. Maybe for a complete town, (like Alsace, another vendor)  You sure couldn't do much with that in a game, what, are the bad guys gonna chase the good guys perpetually up and down the stairs and around the arch?  "Okay, let's see if we can beat our time." 

edited November 2017

And DON'T check out. So sad that FIVE HOURS ago the pricing problems were reported, and they still aren't fixed. That is inexcusable. If you are getting two new debut items, you are not getting the additional 20%, or the PC member isn't giving 20% 

I keep getting asked how to figure this complicated pricing out, and a tip I would give is to figure what you are PAYING when you multiply. Then the amount left at the end doesn't have to be subtracted from the price, it's what your price should be. You don't have to do extra steps, which add up in these complicated sales. Example:

If you get 40% off, multiple the ORIGINAL PRICE x .60 (which is 60%, and what you are paying.) 
    Instead of having to do 100.00 x .40 (SAVING) = 40 saved
    then having to do another step- 100.00 - 40 saved= 60.00 (paying)
    you could just do 100 x .60 (paying)= 60.00 and done.

this comes in handy for today. Let's do Heart of the East.
    ORIGINAL PRICE  27.95 x .60 (40% off) = 16.77
    Get another 20% as PC member, so you're paying 80%.   16.77 x .8= 13.41 (what you're paying.) 

And IMMEDIATELY you see that is the price in the store, and you know it's wrong because you have TWO new debuts so there should be another 20%. 
    13.41 x .80 (another 20% off) is 10.72

By multiplying what you should be PAYING it's easier during sales to spot the point where the store is screwing up. It helps the moderators because you can say "I'm not getting the extra 20% for buying two, or the PC member isn't applying. They're both 20% so only one is applying." 

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Novica said:

And DON'T check out. So sad that FIVE HOURS ago the pricing problems were reported, and they still aren't fixed. That is inexcusable. If you are getting two new debut items, you are not getting the additional 20%, or the PC member isn't giving 20% 

I keep getting asked how to figure this complicated pricing out, and a tip I would give is to figure what you are PAYING when you multiply. Then the amount left at the end doesn't have to be subtracted from the price, it's what your price should be. You don't have to do extra steps, which add up in these complicated sales. Example:

If you get 40% off, multiple the ORIGINAL PRICE x .60 (which is 60%, and what you are paying.) 
    Instead of having to do 100.00 x .40 (SAVING) = 40 saved
    then having to do another step- 100.00 - 40 saved= 60.00 (paying)
    you could just do 100 x .60 (paying)= 60.00 and done.

this comes in handy for today. Let's do Heart of the East.
    ORIGINAL PRICE  27.95 x .60 (40% off) = 16.77
    Get another 20% as PC member, so you're paying 80%.   16.77 x .8= 13.41 (what you're paying.) 

And IMMEDIATELY you see that is the price in the store, and you know it's wrong because you have TWO new debuts so there should be another 20%. 
    13.41 x .80 (another 20% off) is 10.72

By multiplying what you should be PAYING it's easier during sales to spot the point where the store is screwing up. It helps the moderators because you can say "I'm not getting the extra 20% for buying two, or the PC member isn't applying. They're both 20% so only one is applying." 

I got $10.72 for the Heart of the East on my cart just now.

• pruggipruggi Posts: 151
    Novica said:

Did anyone notice the interactive license fee on Heart of the East? (Not that it will be something I would ever use.)  Sorry, but that's not a huge set, it's stairs, a gate/arch, and some plants. FIFTY dollars? No. Maybe for a complete town, (like Alsace, another vendor)  You sure couldn't do much with that in a game, what, are the bad guys gonna chase the good guys perpetually up and down the stairs and around the arch?  "Okay, let's see if we can beat our time." 

From what it looks like to me, the interactive license fees seem to be set according to the price of the item (although, someone can correct me - maybe I'm wrong). From what I've seen, if the item is over 21.95 or something close to that, it's always 50$. It seems something under around 15$ has a 10$ license and things between 15-21.95 are at 35$. Those ranges are approximate, but it seems to correspond in someway like that. So, it looks like it's according to the price, rather than the amount of content or what the PA would like it to be - but again, I could be wrong.

Novica said:

Oh, I dunno... Remember the old Lemmings game? I'm sure they'd look cute falling off the edge laugh

Nath said:
    Novica said:

Oh, I dunno... Remember the old Lemmings game? I'm sure they'd look cute falling off the edge laugh

Dang, I was thinking of the game Lemmings when I got picked up this last month https://www.daz3d.com/darcassian. close enough to a lemming. :-) 

cismic said:

Nath said:
    Novica said:

Dang, I was thinking of the game Lemmings when I got picked up this last month https://www.daz3d.com/darcassian. close enough to a lemming. :-) 

Close enough that they'd look cute falling off things smiley

• pruggipruggi Posts: 151
    Novica said:

Good eye, to me it looked like tiny rim lighting. But I think that IS the background gray. 

Did anyone else get a laugh out of the man and the woman in the shower room?   (4th thumbnail) It's like, "Have you got the wrong room or do I?"  Of course, I haven't been to a sports workout facility shower room EVER, do the genders share? I thought it was separate locker rooms/showers?

So I got to thinking, are there any sets that have fun details/extra attention you'd like to point out? (Vendors can play too, tout your stuff!)  Or funny / unusual things in the promos? One of my favorites is the modern dog bed in Blank. (second thumbnail. Cute boxer!) 

Actually, at least where I am located in the world - many of the locker rooms are mixed, espcially in large sport halls or pools - but not usually the showers :) I also loved the extremely spacious shower stalls - wow lol! But actually, I found this bundle extremely well done - very very nice.

• Novica said:

Yeah, it's an interesting comparison on the front page, Heart of the East ($13.42) right next to the Ruined Cottage (Free). It kind of leaves me scratching my head, am I missing something here? But then you see the bold STONEMASON'S GATEWAY and you realize what you are paying for. Not sure how well that flies with the average shopper though. It doesn't fly with me and I love Stonemason's stuff, but this feels like a cash grab.

NSFW said:
    Novica said:

Yeah, it's an interesting comparison on the front page, Heart of the East ($13.42) right next to the Ruined Cottage (Free). It kind of leaves me scratching my head, am I missing something here? But then you see the bold STONEMASON'S GATEWAY and you realize what you are paying for. Not sure how well that flies with the average shopper though. It doesn't fly with me and I love Stonemason's stuff, but this feels like a cash grab.

The details like the plants and the loose leaves on the stairs are what sold Heart of the East for me - plus I immediately visualised a scene (which I may or may not end up making).

pruggi said:
    Novica said:

From what it looks like to me, the interactive license fees seem to be set according to the price of the item (although, someone can correct me - maybe I'm wrong). From what I've seen, if the item is over 21.95 or something close to that, it's always 50$. It seems something under around 15$ has a 10$ license and things between 15-21.95 are at 35$. Those ranges are approximate, but it seems to correspond in someway like that. So, it looks like it's according to the price, rather than the amount of content or what the PA would like it to be - but again, I could be wrong.

That seems right, as the shower room is 21.95 and has $50. 
    Now I have a vision of lemmings running around in my head. Headed out to ride Stetson, it's in the upper 60's and overcast, perfect for riding. He won't get too hot. I just putz for about 25 minutes when I haven't ridden in awhile. I have his carrots and blackberries already in the car. Spoiled! TTYL.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited November 2017
    Novica said:

Now I have a vision of lemmings running around in my head.

That made me think of "‘Twas the night before Christmas":

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
    While visions of Lemmings danc’d in their heads,

ETA: It was the members additional discounts that were missing in the sale. Didn't matter what you put in your cart, if there was an additional discount for being a member, it wasn't being applied, (Debut, Still New, etc.) Unacceptable it took until 10:30am Daz Time to get this fixed. (And it was fixed within ten minutes of Jack "nudging" them again this morning. I hope he used a Howitzer to reach Utah from England, and still have a little kick.)

Post edited by L'Adair on
    edited November 2017

Ah, back from the barn and a WHOLE lot sorer. I was standing on the mounting block stairs and had started throwing my right leg over Stetson's back (had the bareback pad on) and a horse in the washrack decided to act up. Stetson would be facing to your left. The horse who was acting up would be on your right but further back. Stetson startled and bolted (foreward, left)  and I wasn't on, wasn't off. Obviously, my right leg that was somewhat over his back went forward while my left leg was still on the stairs but I twisted to the left as my horse and leg bolted forward.

Well,  I decided I'd rather be on the ground than on the side of a bolting horse with one leg halfway thrown over him. The next step in THAT would be me sliding down Stetson's side and UNDER the horse, not at all an attractive option. So I let go of the reins as I twisted to the left and from about five feet up in the air,  smashed down on the ground on my hip/thigh. 

And then had to laugh, the girl with the horse acting up said, "Are you alright?" and from a very undignified position on my stomach in the grass, I said "Oh yeah." (Keep in mind this is two twenty-thirty year olds watching in horror as a 61 year old goes flying to the ground.) Then I looked up. Stetson had only gone forward about ten feet then stopped, turned, waiting patiently, and was looking at me like "Uh oh. Sorry about that." And continued to WAIT!  What a good horse! Other horses I've owned would have kept on going.

So then I added, "And there's my little darling."  Everyone laughed. So I'm sore but got up and had him stand at the mounting block a few minutes to settle down, then we had a nice ride for about fifteen minutes. Tomorrow I know I'll be so stiff I won't be walking LOL. It was really a lot colder today than it has been, so the horses were just a bit more frisky. 

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.