Fit Control for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046

Yes. It is designed to work on all characters based off the G8F Figure base. That is why I was confused when you mentioned a specific character does not work.

• mcpughmcpugh Posts: 93

I'll try to duplicate the flaw later.  I still love your work and plan to buy more from you, especially the addon.

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029

I own the G3F version, and can't express enough how useful this product has been thus far. I'll be getting the G8F version in the near term, as well as the add-on as soon as I can manage. This is one of those lifesaver products that has changed my workflow and opened up wardrbe possibilities immensely.

edited May 2019

Hi Guys. There are new updates for the base versions of the Genesis 8 Series.

-Female version has been updated to correct a popup message.

-Male version has been updated to version 1.2 to be ready for upcoming add-on. Those who installed the Male version manually will have to remove the "Fit Control - 01 Add Morphs To Clothing" and "Fit Control - 02 Remove Morphs From Clothing" as they have been renamed from "clothing" to "Item" in order match all other versions.

If not removed you will end up with duplicate scripts named

Fit Control - 01 Add Morphs To Clothing

Fit Control - 01 Add Morphs To Item

Fit Control - 02 Remove Morphs From Clothing

Fit Control - 02 Remove Morphs From Item

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hi, I cannot load the script, it always shows An error occurred while reading the file, I could load it through the content library but nothing happens after I selected the clothes, please help!!

I use 4.10PRO of DAZ

Skjermbilde.PNG
    509 x 614 - 65K
    Skjermbilde1.PNG
    407 x 94 - 4K
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

You don't select the clothes. You select the G8 figure, and then run the script. Then a pop-up asks you to tick the clothing items you want to apply the script to.

I hope that solves your problem.

• Hi, I cannot load the script, it always shows An error occurred while reading the file, I could load it through the content library but nothing happens after I selected the clothes, please help!!

I use 4.10PRO of DAZ

I think that's a bad install - the 00 Product Support script should haev an icon, not an excalamation mark, which suggests to me that the files product did not decrypt correctly. Try uninstalling, restart DS, find the Product in the Content Library under Products>F, right-click on its container>delete, restart DS, Connect to get refreshed metadata, and reisntall. if that fails open a support ticket.

• Hey guys! I got the problem solved, it was an error that caused by the serves online that somehow I tried to install the studio again and refill the welcome window, and then it backed to work! 

But I got another question, as the fit control for G8M has morphs for pants, would it also apply for G8F? When I apply the fit control to G8F and use the Down All morph to drag down the pants, the lower part is always twisted, so I am wondering if there are any good ways to just pull down the upper part of the pants without effecting the lower parts. :) 

edited June 2019

Hmmm... Try this morph combo as a rough guide.

Capture.PNG
    1521 x 1247 - 516K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Hmmm... Try this morph combo as a rough guide.

It works! Thanks a lot :D 

edited June 2019

Sweetyes. Pants are tricky....

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871

Just wanted to come by and say Thank you.  The base Fit plus latest addon-on really gives such a variety of options to make professional looking adjustments after posing.  Just did a tricky corset spanning the abdomen, waist, hip areas, and it ended up looking good and didn't take too long.  Would be pulling out long strands of hair without this.  Sweet and Thanks again.  smiley

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

Thanks @Zev0 for the loyalty bonus on the male fit control add-on.  It was in my cart and I didn't even realize the discount until checkout.  Thanks again

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

Yes, can I echo that. Sure it will be very useful.

• Thanks @Zev0 for the loyalty bonus on the male fit control add-on.  It was in my cart and I didn't even realize the discount until checkout.  Thanks again

Yes, thank you for that!

One question for anyone who had that pop up for them today: I also had a pop-up for a % off coupon for most of the week that went away when this Loyalty Bonus one came up. Anyone have any idea how to get that back?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@echristopherclark

Your Account > Messages > Exclusive Offers

• Thanks, @fastbike1. I just checked and it's not there. Bummer. Maybe it expired last night, though I thought they always lasted through Friday. 

fastbike1 said:

@echristopherclark

• I was able to still use the % off without the popup. It didn't apply to Zevo's product however. (and no gripe from me on that, the loyalty discount was more than generous, Thank you Zevo).

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821

Thanks, @fastbike1. I just checked and it's not there. Bummer. Maybe it expired last night, though I thought they always lasted through Friday. 

fastbike1 said:

@echristopherclark

The specific end date on the Bonus-XX (whatever your number was) coupon was June 14. It's still active today -- I just tested -- but the message has been taken down and removed from the Exclusive Offers for some reason.

For some reason, I've been using Fit Control a lot lately, so I'm really happy to see the male add-on.

Hi Guys. You're welcome. Sorry I just woke up. Thanks for the support.yes

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

thanks, i got the male add-on today!

• echristopherclarkechristopherclark Posts: 214
    edited June 2019
    vwrangler said:

The specific end date on the Bonus-XX (whatever your number was) coupon was June 14. It's still active today -- I just tested -- but the message has been taken down and removed from the Exclusive Offers for some reason.

For some reason, I've been using Fit Control a lot lately, so I'm really happy to see the male add-on.

Me too. I adore Fit Control. Maybe too much. I can spend forever fiddling with the dials to get things just right.

P.S. Thanks for the tip on the code!

Post edited by echristopherclark on
  • question: Daz3d crashes after running Fit Control for Gen8.

After looking at the dumps, Windows says that it's a 'ACCESS_VIOLATION' and sites C:\Program Files\DAZ 3Dx\DAZStudio4\QtScript4.dll as the trouble maker. 
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled fit control to no effect and have gone so far as to delete and reinstall DAZ to no effect. 

Any ideas?

No idea why that is happening. We will look into it.
  • i suspect it has something to do with my fem8. i'm running some experiments and dumping morphs into another directory to see if that has any effect.

• narrowed it down... think it's on my end and not the fault of Fit Control. i have a morph that is taking a hammer to process.

• issue resolved, a bunch of morphs 3pd morphs decided to hate start hating on Fit Control and crash DAZ after applying morphs. i'll play around with them some more.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,715

issue resolved, a bunch of morphs 3pd morphs decided to hate start hating on Fit Control and crash DAZ after applying morphs. i'll play around with them some more.

@rtstrong_10569d9909 Can you clarify this please? I'm experiencing crashes on G8F Fit Control as well. No problem with G3M. I haven't tried the others. I'm still using DS4.9.

edited September 2019
    Hi. Is studio crashing or just becoming slow? If slow we are aware of the issue eg FC being applied to clothes while certain hair sets are present on figure. Regarding crashing we have not experienced that. If possible can you send me your log after it crashes. Thanks
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Not sure if related but do you think it would be possible to make something similar to fitcontrol that can add/remove unused morphs on a figure? Let's say I dial V8 and don't want/need the other shaping morphs then I could run "MorphControl" and remove anything else not used to help with loading times?