Fit Control for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046

@Noah LGP I am going to send you a PM. I want you to try something.

• This product has worked wonders until about a week ago when it started crashing as soon as it finished applying the morphs (for G8F, G8M works fine still). I tried reinstalling but I have the same error as @rtstrong_10569d9909, @pinkas_7bbce575bc, and @antonylee1. Any hope on getting this fixed soon?

• 3denthus3denthus Posts: 20

Is there a fix to this yet?

edited April 2020

@3denthus It is being worked on. We just didn't finalize the update because XTransfer is having issues so all attention has been diverted in that direction. What specific issue are you having?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801

Hey, I just wanted to add it on a Jeans and I have a char with 3 clothes sets, and it seems like the Fit Control trys to check EVERY item, even if I used the script to select just the jeans.

I have for the char ~10+ clothes, so, why does the fit control check every item and not just the selected?

It is scanning to see if any Fit Control morphs are present on the other items. This is needed to list items with or without Fit Control in the interface list. In the update we have a new approach but that is not released yet. At the time that was the only way we knew how to do it.

edited April 2020

Hmmm thats bad for me, i LOVE dressing xD... (thats why I just need 1-2 days for styling a new char...) my boy have a rain outfit, a farm outfit and a "chilled" outfit, so... a lot clothes :)

Btw. would you make more Morph bundles in the future? For other clothings too? And also more for both genders.

I think from base, is there not a morph for the Pants, just for underpants.

Also if a Man have a gown/skirt item it would not load the skirt morph.

Post edited by Loony on

Well...Technically you only supposed to have loaded on your figure what you want to use. Hiding an entire closet isn't really practical lol. So when you apply Fit Control I would only have loaded the essential clothing I would want it to apply to.

"Btw. would you make more Morph bundles in the future? For other clothings too? And also more for both genders."

I do not understand your question. Can you be more specific as to what type of morphs?

Hi,

I think about stuff like Jackets maybe to open them if a unversal morph can do that.

And maybe like here:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sparkman-denim-sundress-for-genesis-3-female/124757/

For Overalls/dungarees a Strap pulling down thing, I'm not sure now if a Strap morph loads on a pant. Special on a male.

Because some morphs loads only on female.

And... well I love to make long Comics and use the clothes I like, I also fit them perfect, because of Poketrhough.

"I think about stuff like Jackets maybe to open them if a unversal morph can do that."

Impossible to do properly. Some morphs have to be specifically designed for specific clothing types, and is nearly impossible to do using a universal system Like Fit Control.

And what about dungarees? There are some, maybe you can do there one?

edited April 2020

Honestly I am not gonna break my brain trying to make universal morphs for that. It is way too niche. I would ask the clothing maker to add them in. Or..why not use a product like Mesh Grabber and try and move the straps yourself?

Post edited by Zev0 on

yeah just straps moving is fine with meshgrabber ;)...

and "asking the creator"... well if the people would be askable :/

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

This product has worked wonders until about a week ago when it started crashing as soon as it finished applying the morphs (for G8F, G8M works fine still). I tried reinstalling but I have the same error as @rtstrong_10569d9909, @pinkas_7bbce575bc, and @antonylee1. Any hope on getting this fixed soon?

Is there any update in the works?  I'm having Daz crash right after applying morphs, as well.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

do you need crashlogs to expedite this fix now, zev0?  or do you have all the info you need already?

i really miss fit control.  

edited May 2020

"do you need crashlogs to expedite this fix now, zev0?"

No we know what must be done. We been so busy on XTransfer and trying to wrap up the G8 to G3 version then we will finalize the update for Fit Control. Spent 4 months fixing the G3 to G8 version of XT, so that ate up a lot of time and put us behind schedule. We already did a few test versions of Fit Control update but it's still buggy. I will notify all once we have it done. The update roleout is for all 4 products of Fit Control so to test everything takes longer.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • edited May 2020

I'm having the same problem. I thought it had to do with my reinstall of Daz Studio by copying my CMS folder over my new install. Now that I know I'm not the only one going through this I have hope for my Genesis 8 characters again.

I do have a temp work around to the problem in the mean time.

1 - Load your Genesis 8 character.
    2 - Add all the clothes you want to your character.
    3 -  Save your basic outfit setup in your Content Library.
    4 - Remove all the clothes from your Genesis 8 character.
    5 - Deselect your Genesis 8 Character.
    6 - Load the Clothes you saved in Content Libaray.
    7 - Add one item of clothes to the Genesis 8 character then use Fix Control.
    8 - Do this one at a time until all the items you want Fit Control on is modded.
    9 - When done save your outift when done.

I personally usually have to use fit control on 3 items (Top, Bottoms, and Shoes).

Post edited by marksinister_0f3a44cacc on
  • Hi, I have as well the DAZ crash after applying the morphs. I found out that it has something to do with eyelashes:

On the same figure/clothing combination, I can apply the morphs successfully if I delete the eyelashes from the Gennesis 8 Female figure before. With the eyelashes, instead, it crashes.

I tried to hide or unparent the eyelashes, this did not help (DAZ crashes even with unparented eyelashes).

• ...but not only eyelashes :-(

Have a scene with two G8F figures, deleted eyelashes on both but nevertheless had the crash. Maybe hair, peachfuzz, whatever, I used a lot of things in this scene...

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Load figure

Remove eyelashes, eyebrows, etc

Dress figure

Apply Fit Control

Put back eyelashes, eyebrows, etc

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

It hasn't crashed for me yet, but it gets so slow it is impossible to work with the scene. This update can't come soon enough! I'm glad you are still working on it and haven't abandoned it. We appreciate the tremendous level of support you provide.

What you can also do is apply Fit Control to clothing you use frequently, then drag it off the figure so its in scene root, then save that clothing item as a scene subset. So you can then load that item preloaded with Fit Control morphs on figure. The update will be finalized as soon as XTransfer module 2 is complete. That product has to come out as it is 4 months behind schedule. Also to speed up the scene you should delete the unused Fit Control Morphs on the clothing items. Just use what you need.
    edited May 2020

...but not only eyelashes :-(

Have a scene with two G8F figures, deleted eyelashes on both but nevertheless had the crash. Maybe hair, peachfuzz, whatever, I used a lot of things in this scene...

You can also load up a second figure with no hair, lashes etc..load clothing on that figure, apply Fit Control to the clothes and then move/fit that clothing onto your primary figure. That also speeds up the script. The script in its current state suffers when there are too many items at once on figure, and really suffers with high density hair sets as it scans through each item. The update will bypass this process.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • shops_8dc7cfb4shops_8dc7cfb4 Posts: 6
    edited May 2020

Hello Zev0,

in fact the only way I found to prevent the crash is to have only the pure character (no hair, no brows, no eyelashes, simply nothings additional) and ONE piece of clothing (if two pieces - it crashes!), and to apply the fit control morphs to this piece of clothing.

I did so for my both characters in my last scene, where were three pieces of clothes to fix, and saved the three resulting scenes (each with a character and the one piece of clothes) in theirs individual files. Then I loaded again my main scene and merged one after the other the three files, changed the "fit to target" of the edited clothes to the original figure of the main scene and deleted the "temporary" eyelashless character. It's a workaround, but it's really work....

Post edited by shops_8dc7cfb4 on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,360

Is there a practical way to add the Fit Control add-ons morphs to a clothing item that has already has the original Fit Control morphs applied?

When it comes to clothing items that have used the Fit Control morphs (but only the originals) as a Merchant Resource, the script seems to be detecting those morphs and thus assuming that the clothing items are invalid to add the additional morphs to.

edited May 2020
    Ignore the message. It jist detects items that already has Fit Control. It should still add the morphs. I am not at my pc right now to verify.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hopefully this fix will release soon. So tired of having DS crashout. Just bought both the FC for G8F & the FC Addon for G3F/G8F & can't use it without CTD'ing. Even loading only the G8F (& then deleting the eyelashes out of the scene) with only a single piece of clothing (have tried multiple single clothing items, doesn't seem to matter what I use or who made it) it still CTDs.

*Sigh*

• hookflashhookflash Posts: 165

This is a great product, but there's one thing that I'm struggling with (not just with Fit Control, but with clothing morphs in general): What's the best method for dealing with the fact that, with certain extreme morphs -- e.g., raising the bottom of a dress or a shirt significantly -- the clothing no longer follows the figure properly when posing? Do I need to update the morphed clothing's weights with the Transfer Utility or something? It would be amazing if Fit Control would include the ability to do this automatically, but I'm not sure how feasible that would be.

One trick is to dial out the figure shape on the clothes itself, they are normally hidden projected morphs. That can help in some cases, then all you do is adjust the generic fit with the product morphs.

• I think what Hookflash is talking about is the unfortunate glitch that happens when a morph pushes the mesh beyond the bone it's assigned to, such as, for instance, lowering the pants of a figure and then posing that figure leaning forwards. The waist of the pants, which could be at the thigh bones, will still react to the movement of the waist, making a very weird curve that renders it unusable. Same thing happens when moving a strap to the arm and then posing said arm. I normally get around this by using dforce after using the morphs on the zero pose and then animating the transition (said he, as if he was productive enough to "normally" do anything) but having the rigging automatically fixed would indeed be a very nice feature, like Aeon Soul has done in some outfits with different versions (not that the outfit automatically adjusts to the fitting morphs, just that there are are two pants to load, one normally worn and one halfway down GF8's leg, for example).

... I swear I don't spend an inordinate amount of time and mental effort to strip my virtual dolls. Emphasis on "inordinate."