Fit Control for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046

Only way that is possible at this stage is to actually delete them out of the data folder. I am however experimenting with something that you are aiming to do.

• These morphs don't work, guys... I downloaded the base and addon scripts, ran the script on my genesis 8 female with a dress equipped. The box came up asking which clothing pieces I wanted to modify, and I selected her dress. It appeared to load some things, then was done, but nothing happened. There are no additional morphs on her dress at all.

• These morphs don't work, guys... I downloaded the base and addon scripts, ran the script on my genesis 8 female with a dress equipped. The box came up asking which clothing pieces I wanted to modify, and I selected her dress. It appeared to load some things, then was done, but nothing happened. There are no additional morphs on her dress at all.

Nevermind, the issue was the particular dress I was attempting to morph. Apparently the script doesn't recognize bottoms-only skirts, it has to be a full body skirt.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Just want to say that the G3 and G8 are two things I use in most of my scenes.   There are a lot of cases where I wouldn't use some garment pieces at all if I couldn't whack them into shape using these morphs.

These morphs don't work, guys... I downloaded the base and addon scripts, ran the script on my genesis 8 female with a dress equipped. The box came up asking which clothing pieces I wanted to modify, and I selected her dress. It appeared to load some things, then was done, but nothing happened. There are no additional morphs on her dress at all.

Nevermind, the issue was the particular dress I was attempting to morph. Apparently the script doesn't recognize bottoms-only skirts, it has to be a full body skirt.

It works with bottom only skirts. What Fit Control morphs are you using?

• Anything promising developing in terms of a fix for the "CPU stuck in slow motion" for some items, especially like hair with custom bones?

Have been working on other things, since my last May-2019 PM to you on this topic.  But last night added a fit-addon to a hair (which is super great to have!) , but then it took nearly 10 minutes from start to finish including saving the change, and then exiting DS and starting a fresh session and reload save.  Offer still stands if you want help testing to narrow down.

edited October 2019

We working on a patch for that. But to do that we have to re-write half of how the product works. The issue is hair..It's not designed for hair, and when certain hair sets are on figure, even if no fit control is added, it slows everything down. So we will probably remove hair compatibility altogether, since the product isn't designed for it, and it is causing issues.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Maybe add a switch for that with appropriate warning? It's very handy to have at times.
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited October 2019
    Zev0 said:

We working on a patch for that. But to do that we have to re-write half of how the product works. The issue is hair..It's not designed for hair, and when certain hair sets are on figure, even if no fit control is added, it slows everything down. So we will probably remove hair compatibility altogether, since the product isn't designed for it, and it is causing issues.

Thank you for update.  Wouldn't this issue be caused by any outfit with custom bones? Like long drapy clothing, like some dresses?  Would not like to lose your excellent helper morphs for that.

Too bad a way cannot be found to make it work for hair.  Some vendors don't add enough morphs.  Esepcially head width and depth morphs , so black splotches show through on some poses, when default pose is fine.  Your universal "Expand All" morph took care of that for the one hair i tried.  Don't suppose you could find a way to make that one run with a separate script which still includes hair?  Probably a pain for you, but thought would ask anyway.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
    edited October 2019

Hi. Cannot run duel scripts. I also do not want to over complicate the product.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • K, Thanks for clarification.  Just manual saved a copy of your current scripts in case I need anytime for hair.  Saving as a wearable and your "Expand All" is still baked in.  Do realize this is unsupported in case of hiccups.

Also, assuming since you singled out hair only, that custom boned clothing outfits will continue to work. 

• edited November 2019
    Zev0 said:
    Hi. Is studio crashing or just becoming slow? If slow we are aware of the issue eg FC being applied to clothes while certain hair sets are present on figure. Regarding crashing we have not experienced that. If possible can you send me your log after it crashes. Thanks

I've been having issues with Fit Control and I believe the issue is the absolute number of morphs in data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs.

• When I purged morphs from this directory, Fit Control works again.
    • I started adding morphs and testing Fit Control with each new addtion in hopes of finding a bad actor.
    • When Fit Control does punk out, I figured that those morphs are 'bad actors' and the cause of said issue.
    • Issue returned after a time and then I started purging my morph directory again. This time, morphs previously thought to be "good" were troublemakers. 
    • Becasue I just can't believe a morph can "go bad," this leads me to the idea that the issue lies the size of the morph directory.
    • I am currently trying figure out what the magic number is to break Fit Control. 

Post edited by rtstrong_10569d9909 on
    edited November 2019

Hi. This has nothing to do with amount of morphs or morph directory but more to do with certain content. Eg I can load 20 clothing items and apply Fit Control and all works fine. On the flip side I can load one clothing item and one hair set, apply Fit Control, and studio will come to a crawl. We are working on a solution. If studio is slow after Fit Control is applied, simply save the scene after, close it, re-open and it will be back to normal and Fit Control will be applied. The issue lies when Fit Control scans followers (mainly when figure has a hair set loaded) on figure in order to detect what has FC Morphs on. We know this because we have a version without interface scanning and it works perfectly fine.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • edited November 2019
    Zev0 said:

If studio is slow after Fit Control is applied, simply save the scene after, close it, re-open and it will be back to normal and Fit Control will be applied. 

I appologize but I proabably wasn't clear on my original post: After applying Fit Control, DAZ crashes and doesn't give me the opportunity to save any of the changes.

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3Dx\DAZStudio4\QtScript4.dll" at 0033:00000000D517E1BC, QScriptEngine::signalHandlerException()+18380 byte(s)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,360
    edited November 2019
    Zev0 said:

Hi. This has nothing to do with amount of morphs or morph directory but more to do with certain content. <snip> The issue lies when Fit Control scans followers (mainly when figure has a hair set loaded) on figure in order to detect what has FC Morphs on. We know this because we have a version without interface scanning and it works perfectly fine.

I proabably wasn't clear on my original post: After applying Fit Control, DAZ crashes and doesn't give me the opportunity to save any of the changes.

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3Dx\DAZStudio4\QtScript4.dll" at 0033:00000000D517E1BC, QScriptEngine::signalHandlerException()+18380 byte(s)

Okay, this is interesting... that's very similar to an error that I'm having - mainly with Scene Optimiser, but which I have since found I can replicate in Fit Control.

If I have the snake hair from Sixus1's V4 Medusa product in the scene and run Scene Optimiser, then DS will crash as soon as the script window is closed. Now, normally this hasn't affected Fit Control, as I only parent the snake hair to models (it distorts badly if fitted, as it has no rigidity groups), so Fit Control doesn't detect it as a fitted item, but I've found that if I do fit the hair to a G8 model and then run Fit Control, DS will crash as soon as the script closes.

(I should note, although it is originally a Poser model, the problem also applies to a version I've converted to weight mapping and saved in a Daz format. I won't post them here, but if the exact details are possibly useful to anyone, they start here in the Scene Optimiser thread).

I hadn't originally intended to pursue it as an error with Fit Control, because I had to go out of my way to replicate it, but seeing mention of similar symptoms and issues with interface scanning, I thought it would potentially be useful to mention; it seems there's something about the way in which scripts scanning certain models can cause this crash. (Although whether it's an inherent bug in DazScript or in some common code used for the purpose, I don't know).

Post edited by Chohole on
  • JulzjucieJulzjucie Posts: 9
    edited November 2019

Hey Zev0,

First of all, thank you for this amazing script, I couldnt use DAZ without it. Lately though, mainly since I've bought the Add-On for genesis 3, I've had a lot of problems with it and some features dont seem to be working at all. In fact, I dont use it anymore for fear of breaking my character designs... Im hoping maybe you can shed some light on what Im doing wrong if I am the problem?

In the Fit Control Add-On for Genesis 3 & 8 Female documentation center page, it says Fit Control for Genesis 3 is required to run. I didnt take any chance so I tried to do a clean install of all the script to make sure everything would be fine. I deleted my old Fit Control for Genesis 3 folder. Then redownloaded it and reinstalled it. I then installed the Add-On script. Now when I look for it in the clothing folder in Genesis 3 Female, I have two Fit Control folder: one with the old script and one with the new script.

I tried to use the Fit Control - 01 Add Morphs to Item script. It does not work. Well, correction, it works but it does not let me select which item I want the morphs to be applied to. It just acts like the old script and applies morphs to everything the G3F is wearing, including hair and whatnot.

If that was the only problem, I wouldnt mind but now when the script applies the morphs it also breaks all the adjustment I had done to fit the clothes properly and it also seems to break the smoothing/collision modifiers. I did not have this problem before, only since I reinstalled everything. So now I have to delete the items I dont want morphs to be applied to, because the new script wont let me chose which item to run the script on, as advertised (I think?!), because it literally breaks them. They wont fit to the figure anymore. I have to delete them and refit them completely to G3F and reapply smoothing and collision modifiers.

After a while I found that if I deleted the unused morph from those items, they would revert back to their old adjustements and would fit how they were before the script was applied. So I thought, well okay, if thats the only problem, I can work with it but it turns out its not.

If I then try to use the Fit Control - 02 Remove Morphs From Item and select everything I need, it will take literally 2-3 mins to do so but then DAZ will become almost unsuable. MASSIVE lag all over the place. I tried to wait a 5 min to see if it would settle down but nope. Only way to fix that is to close DAZ and reopen it thus canceling all the work I had done prior to using the script.

Im hoping you can shed some light on why all this is happening now? Ive used Fit Control for the past 2 years without a single issue and now that I decided to upgrade nothing works anymore. I am using DAZ 4.12 64 bits. So maybe 4.12 is the problem. Maybe I did not install the scripts correctly? Do you have to replace the files with the new Add-On script over the old one?

Thanks a lot for your hard work.

Post edited by Julzjucie on
    edited November 2019

Hi

"I tried to use the Fit Control - 01 Add Morphs to Item script. It does not work. Well, correction, it works but it does not let me select which item I want the morphs to be applied to. It just acts like the old script and applies morphs to everything the G3F is wearing, including hair and whatnot."

This will happen if you are trying to use it on an item that aleady has Fit Control morphs on. So I assume your content still has some morphs populated. I would remove all Fit Control morphs then use the new UI version to apply if you want the interface to open. Now, If you click on "01 Add Morphs to Item" script and old morphs are still present, you will get a popup saying "All items already have Fit Control Morphs". Now it looks like it didnt work but it actually did add the addon morphs to the clothing, but they are not color coded. So in a nutshell, the UI will only open and list clothing that has no Fit Control morphs on, but will still add morphs to items with old morphs on. We are making some changes to make it smarter...

"If I then try to use the Fit Control - 02 Remove Morphs From Item and select everything I need, it will take literally 2-3 mins to do so but then DAZ will become almost unsuable. MASSIVE lag all over the place."

Is hair present on the figure while using script? That is usually the reason the UI script starts to crawl. For some reason the code in the UI version does not like hair (and certain clothing items with custom bones) as it scrolls through items.

Solution for when things start to crawl - After script process is done, save scene, close studio and open it again. It's not ideal, but it will let you use scene again with no lag with your last Fit Control changes. We are busy with an update that will fix all this.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • JerifeJerife Posts: 272
    edited December 2019

Fit Control plus the add-on is awesome! Thanks

Here a free garment by Noone102000 at DA that has no morphs with dforce and your script

136a 02 rdx1600.jpg
    989 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Jerife on
  • lukaglblukaglb Posts: 12
    Zev0 said:

Ok let me try. Can you see it?

After loaded the script I cannot finf "Fit Control" node in the tree. Help?

Thanks. 

Fitcontrol.JPG
    282 x 300 - 21K
  • Hello,

I am getting this issue with the Fit Control

One of the above posters stated it was due to morphs. How do I look up or delete the morphs that may be impacting this? I have tried all the suggested fixes, running in textured mode and not using hair. I have been even just trying the basic Gen 8 figure with basic clothes and still no luck.

Can anyone please help me. 

• Yep I'm getting the same thing as antonylee.  Can't add fit control to anything anymore.  Daz crashes as soon as FC goes through.  I've even tried uninstalling then re-installing FC and it still crashes both official daz release and beta.  Any help in locating these trouble morphs would be awesome.

• Hello, I just bought the G8 version of Fit control. While I was using the G3 without any problem, I can't get the G8 version to works.

I load a top, I select G8, apply the script, select the item in the list, press accept... and nothin happens. No message, no morphs, nothing. I tried with different items, but nothing. Any help? Thanks.

P.S. I downloaded via DAZ program, and not via the installer.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Yep I'm getting the same thing as antonylee.  Can't add fit control to anything anymore.  Daz crashes as soon as FC goes through.  I've even tried uninstalling then re-installing FC and it still crashes both official daz release and beta.  Any help in locating these trouble morphs would be awesome.

This happened just now for me, even though Fit Control worked fine for me a few days ago. But when applied to G8M it worked fine, then I tried G8F again, hoping to get the error log, but I could not reproduce the crash.

I'll keep testing and see if it happens again. (Installed and updated with DIM.)

If you keep getting these crashes, guys, PLEASE provide a zip file of the fault log here for Zev0 to look at.

• hello fit control still no working make daz crach whit only g8f

please help to fix thanks

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited March 2020

@Zev0 There is an issue, push Cancel button cause an infinite loop and overuse the CPU.

Post edited by Noah LGP on

We working on an update to try and fix that..Daz scripts hate to be cancelled...Something we cannot really control.

hello fit control still no working make daz crach whit only g8f

please help to fix thanks

I will need a log..We aware Fit Control slows things down with certain content (which we have a fix for) But outright crashing should not happen.

Zev0 said:

We working on an update to try and fix that..Daz scripts hate to be cancelled...Something we cannot really control.

If it can help you the Genesis 3 version doesn't have this issue.

Are we talking about the base script or the addon?
    edited March 2020

I mean the G3 addon works and G8 base script have this issue.

I tried again with G8, this issue occurs when Eyelashes anatomy element is present. 

Post edited by Noah LGP on