Fit Control for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 182
    edited July 2020

Just as a data point, I never upgraded DS from 4.11 to 4.12 and have never experienced any problems. Maybe some change in the scripting engine?

Post edited by pctech4ny on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,767

I'm going to see if I can go into the Add-On and delete only the Genesis 8 Female portion of it.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited July 2020

Addon isn't the issue. It's the base scripts. The addon is just an updated version of the base script to add colours to the addon dial sliders when transferred to the clothing. We know what the issue is. It is a glitch in the core of the script for G8, seems to just act up more in 4.12

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited July 2020

Crashes for me too.. both "regular 4.12 and Beta
    DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\DAZ3DIM1\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\QtScript4.dll" at 0033:00000000E343E1BC, QScriptEngine::signalHandlerException()+18380 byte(s)

Post edited by Chumly on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

Yep, I've been having troubles, too, with the Fit Control. I'm waiting for the update.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,767
    Zev0 said:

Addon isn't the issue. It's the base scripts. The addon is just an updated version of the base script to add colours to the addon dial sliders when transferred to the clothing. We know what the issue is. It is a glitch in the core of the script for G8, seems to just act up more in 4.12

Thanks for the feedback. This is the first I'm hearing that you know what the issue is. I updated from 4.9 to 4.12 two months ago---I was having consistent (every time) crashes using G8F Fit Control in 4.9---and I have seen the same issue with 4.12. Fortunately, items work fine that already had Fit Control applied. Genesis 8 Male works as expected, as do both genders of Genesis 3.

• nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 781

Zev0:

I use Fit Control regularly.  It works well for the front-side of the chest. 

What Fit Control needs is morphs for the sides and back-side of the chest, so we can use it to layer tops.  As an example - Fit a sheer top over a bra.  Hopefully, this can be implemented in a future update of your product.

• Zev0:

What Fit Control needs is morphs for the sides and back-side of the chest, so we can use it to layer tops.  As an example - Fit a sheer top over a bra.  Hopefully, this can be implemented in a future update of your product.

That sheer top over the bra can be fixed by telling the sheer top its collision item is the bra, since the braw is a 'top' item, as well as the sheer top, while it's fit item is the figure.. I've done this a few times with 100% success.

• nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 781

Zev0:

That sheer top over the bra can be fixed by telling the sheer top its collision item is the bra, since the braw is a 'top' item, as well as the sheer top, while it's fit item is the figure.. I've done this a few times with 100% success.

That works sometimes, but not always - Sometimes the bra fits to the outside of a top!!  Morphs would help.

• mathiasdeckmanmathiasdeckman Posts: 113
    edited July 2020

Zev0:

That works sometimes, but not always - Sometimes the bra fits to the outside of a top!!  Morphs would help.

Which sheer top and bra set? I'd like to try for giggles.thx.

Post edited by mathiasdeckman on
    edited July 2020

Any Status on the update to this?  Mine is still crashing... and the coms have gone dark

I was hoping that after Pose Fusion + came out, there would be time to work on the scripts for this one....  But now I see Shape Gen posted.

Post edited by Chumly on
    edited August 2020

edited

Post edited by Zev0 on

Yeah... crazy times.

Thanks for the update in info though...  best of luck to all involved!

• BergelmirBergelmir Posts: 118

I had the same problem with the crashes. However, I have found a workaround. The »trick« is to put ONLY the wardrobe on G8F and check ALL the pieces when applying the script. There must be some bug with iterating non-wearables and unchecked items. Hiding the items does not help.
    I am using dev version of G8F (without lashes; you can also delete the lashes manually) and I fit desired clothing on her. Then I run the script and check all. After that, I fit the clothing on the main character.
    I hope this will work for everybody.

• Bergelmir said:

I had the same problem with the crashes. However, I have found a workaround. The »trick« is to put ONLY the wardrobe on G8F and check ALL the pieces when applying the script. There must be some bug with iterating non-wearables and unchecked items. Hiding the items does not help.
    I am using dev version of G8F (without lashes; you can also delete the lashes manually) and I fit desired clothing on her. Then I run the script and check all. After that, I fit the clothing on the main character.
    I hope this will work for everybody.

Doesn't work for me.

• the5amkebabthe5amkebab Posts: 103
    edited August 2020

This needs to be removed from the Daz store until its fixed imo. If it were only an issue for a short period I could see why its being left for sale but for this many months is just ridiculous when much more complex plugins and scripts for free have issues updated in days, not months.

Post edited by the5amkebab on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,278

I'm a fan of Zev0 products, but letting this one go so long without being fixed does tarnish the brand, especially when they know what the problem is. I think it was stated some place that a partner is too busy to work on it. Maybe that partner should relinquish his portion to a new partner who has the time to fix it. Continuing to sell a known broken product does seem like bad policy.

This needs to be removed from the Daz store until its fixed imo. If it were only an issue for a short period I could see why its being left for sale but for this many months is just ridiculous when much more complex plugins and scripts for free have issues updated in days, not months.

edited August 2020

We are working on the update this week. We understand the urgency. We had a meeting regarding time dedicated to finalizing this. Unfortunately other product updates as well as real world events has caused serious delays.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

i've missed using fit control as much as anyone, i imagine.

but real life is real life, and even at the best of times it can throw overwhelming problems at a person. 

and these are not exactly the best of times, are they? 

zev0's dedication, professionalism, and mind-blowing nonstop work ethic have pretty much been the gold standard for product support here for years.

z's also lost--truly lost--a valued partner recently.  most of y'all know that.

so maybe lighten up a little, y'all?   have faith, be patient, and count your blessings. 

just my two cents. 

j

edited August 2020

Look, end of the day I understand the frustration. There are things I wanted done long ago but sometimes control is out of your hands. XTransfer G8 to G3 was supposed to be released as well but that was also put on hold. There is only so many things I can directly control from my side. I cannot get into my partners side of things but I fully understand his extremely busy situation, I just do not want to use that as a reason to justify delays or use it as an excuse. End of the day things need to get done, and we are trying our best to do so within our capacity.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Sent out a test version to some users who experienced crashing. Based on their feedback we will know if we on the right track. So far it works on our side and bypassed issues casuing lag and crashing.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    Zev0 said:

Sent out a test version to some users who experienced crashing. Based on their feedback we will know if we on the right track. So far it works on our side and bypassed issues casuing lag and crashing.

Great news!  Fingers crossed.

• boopaterboopater Posts: 21

I load the morph. I check off my choice. I have no hair loaded. It says the morphs have been added. I click OK. It crashes. Always. Why? What can I do to stop this?

edited August 2020

Hi. Can I see a screenshot of what item you were trying to add Fit Control to please? EG the list of items you ticked. Thanks. Also the updated test version that was sent out only 20% of people responded back. But out of them the crash issue seems resolved. Now we need the others to respond before we can finalize things.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,278

@Zev0 I sent you a message about a merchant resource issue. 

Send me the updated test version and I promise to respond.

Here is the screen shot you requested. it does not seem to matter though what I'm trying to fit, or fit to, it always crashes.

Annotation 2020-08-17 151642.png
    947 x 676 - 379K
    edited August 2020

That is not the updated test version. Test version should say V1.2 same as current version in store.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Ok then how do I update as mine is old.

Download the product again same as you downloaded it before. I would uninstall old version first as there were changes to the morph structure.

Thank you.