Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 4

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Wouldn't it be nice if vendors who sell these wonderful products with lots of Hi res texture maps also included a "clay render" untextured set up as well, Just for we Brycers who want to use the sets, but can't cope with importing the vast texture resources they use.

Sure - I think some do. I have yet to do 3 products, one of them is Aslan court.
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: That's a real cute image.

• TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

Here's a variation of the last one... instead of a square tube, this is an octagonal star tube... everything else is the same except for the sky to change the colors. :D

infinities25dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Looking nice. It's important to see it in full size.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

TLBKlaus said:
    Here's a variation of the last one... instead of a square tube, this is an octagonal star tube... everything else is the same except for the sky to change the colors. :D

Ohhh, this so looks like a kaleidoscope, and I just love kaleidoscope images.

Horo's right, you can't appreciate it unless you view it full size. Just wonderful!!

edited December 1969

Here is another shot of the modified Parkside train by Jack Tomalin. It also features Michael 4 and clouds from David's Cloudscapes 3. Main light by the sun, ambient light and mountain backdrop by the sunless Illhorn Sky Dome HDRI. Rendered with HDRI Quality 128, some parts were plop-rendered at 2048. Soft shadows were also plop-rendered where soft/non-soft shadows make a difference. The clouds were rendered with quality 10, some parts at 20 and some at 40. The extreme wide angle lens was set in front of the camera but camera FOV was set to a low 68°. This gives the bit of fisheye lens distortion needed to bend the tracks in the foreground.

HaulageVP2.jpg
    1600 x 600 - 189K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2013

Horo said:
    Here is another shot of the modified Parkside train by Jack Tomalin. It also features Michael 4 and clouds from David's Cloudscapes 3. Main light by the sun, ambient light and mountain backdrop by the sunless Illhorn Sky Dome HDRI. Rendered with HDRI Quality 128, some parts were plop-rendered at 2048. Soft shadows were also plop-rendered where soft/non-soft shadows make a difference. The clouds were rendered with quality 10, some parts at 20 and some at 40. The extreme wide angle lens was set in front of the camera but camera FOV was set to a low 68°. This gives the bit of fisheye lens distortion needed to bend the tracks in the foreground.

Nice, I like tat. terrific effect with the fisheye thing. You should post it in the JAS thread. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15224/

Post edited by Chohole on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Here is another shot of the modified Parkside train by Jack Tomalin. It also features Michael 4 and clouds from David's Cloudscapes 3. Main light by the sun, ambient light and mountain backdrop by the sunless Illhorn Sky Dome HDRI. Rendered with HDRI Quality 128, some parts were plop-rendered at 2048. Soft shadows were also plop-rendered where soft/non-soft shadows make a difference.

Nice! I never even thought about rendering something with different parts of the image at different quality settings; that's a great idea for speeding up renders.
    edited December 1969

@Pam - thanks fort that suggestion. I did it.

@Sean - if you're in for a 16+ hour render but can have it in 4 plus a bit of adjusting, plop render is the thing to use. This plop render option can be quite handy.

• M1chaelFrankM1chaelFrank Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here's a recent piece of mine... Mostly Bryce with a few Zbrush models, and some Photoshop postwork.

GRAU1z.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 229K
    edited December 1969

@TLBKlaus: I have got to take the time and try my hand at that particular setup. Not only does the smaller image look great, but the full size is a mind blower. Of all the ones you've shown, I have to say this one is on top.

@Horo: I like the look of the image, though the engine looks strange without a color scheme.

@M1chael: Whoa, real nice. I looked at the large version and was trying to decide if I was looking at a night scene or something very deep in the ocean. Still, nice work.

Now my turn for some input. I've been working on this scene, well, forever, it seems. Last time I posted this I figured out how to get a river, or sorts, placed in the empty area in the valley. David suggested using a different sky since the Bryce one has been seen many times before. I went looking for cloud skies and found several nice looking .jpeg images, one which I used in this recent iteration. I removed the DOF since it didn't fit the overall scene, and removed the HDRI, which brought back shadows that would be there with the sun in its current position. Raised the haze, but it still is lacking something; maybe a lot of things. Anyway, have a look and give me your opinions.

Banded_Mountain1_17.png
    1280 x 960 - 2M
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited May 2013

GussNemo said:
    @TLBKlaus: I have got to take the time and try my hand at that particular setup. Not only does the smaller image look great, but the full size is a mind blower. Of all the ones you've shown, I have to say this one is on top.

@Horo: I like the look of the image, though the engine looks strange without a color scheme.

@M1chael: Whoa, real nice. I looked at the large version and was trying to decide if I was looking at a night scene or something very deep in the ocean. Still, nice work.

Now my turn for some input. I've been working on this scene, well, forever, it seems. Last time I posted this I figured out how to get a river, or sorts, placed in the empty area in the valley. David suggested using a different sky since the Bryce one has been seen many times before. I went looking for cloud skies and found several nice looking .jpeg images, one which I used in this recent iteration. I removed the DOF since it didn't fit the overall scene, and removed the HDRI, which brought back shadows that would be there with the sun in its current position. Raised the haze, but it still is lacking something; maybe a lot of things. Anyway, have a look and give me your opinions.

the shadow doesn't work

I used Bryce lighting in this one -

wednesday_morn.jpg
    700 x 469 - 67K
    Post edited by bigh on
    edited December 1969

@M1chaelFrank - another awesome render. The main object, I'm not sure it is a beast or a stone. Not something I'd fancy to hold in my hand.

@GussNemo - the landscape doesn't convince me. The large mountains look flat, almost as a three flat layers, there is not much depth. The river part came out quite well.

@bigh . this is a very nice render.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @M1chaelFrank - another awesome render. The main object, I'm not sure it is a beast or a stone. Not something I'd fancy to hold in my hand.

@GussNemo - the landscape doesn't convince me. The large mountains look flat, almost as a three flat layers, there is not much depth. The river part came out quite well.

@bigh . this is a very nice render.

thank you

edited December 1969

Here's a recent piece of mine... Mostly Bryce with a few Zbrush models, and some Photoshop postwork.

slick work

edited December 1969

GussMeno - maybe more like this

on_the_river.jpg
    1274 x 695 - 359K
  • TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited May 2013

Nice work!

Ty for the kind words, and here's another variation, with the octagonal star tunnel thinned
    to a ring and the sky changed again... this may be the best of the three. :D

infinities26dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by TLBKlaus on
    edited December 1969

@bigH/Horo: Yeah, I agree with both of you. And I do agree, Horo, the water works. It may be time to reposition the camera to see what other perspectives do work. Thanks to both of you for the comments.

@TLBKlaus: I don't know, any of those you've done work for me. The latest is stunning, as usual.

edited December 1969

@TLBKlaus - nice. A bit busy for my taste but that's just me.

@bigh - funny water.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @TLBKlaus - nice. A bit busy for my taste but that's just me.

@bigh - funny water.

thank you

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

The house by the water is a lovely render. The lighting is well done, and I especially like that sky. :-)
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    bigh said:

The house by the water is a lovely render. The lighting is well done, and I especially like that sky. :-)

thank you

• defuser2002defuser2002 Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

Here is a little something I did in a afternoon, a sort of small eco house. May be available as a freebie if there is any interest.

Comes with two fireplaces, water tank, outside dunny.

EcoHouse.jpg
    512 x 512 - 132K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Been kind of a busy week, but thanks to the bank holiday weekend, catching up somewhat... So here...

Bryce Basics - Composition part 4b: Another version why? - by David Brinnen

Returning to the role of lighting in composition and scale - but without getting as bogged down as I did last time around.

Composition_4b_soft.jpg
    850 x 850 - 272K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited May 2013

An parrot could be fit well into the scene, I think. And the sun beam might be a bit too obvious.

jungle800x800.jpg
    800 x 800 - 304K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited May 2013

@bigH: Pardon my oversight, but as Miss B said, the house image looks smashing. And the image on this page has me wondering is the water fits the two mountains, though I like the look of the water.

@Mark SA: Good beginning to something more substantial.

@David: Ah, another good tutorial to catchup on.

@electro: Yes, I could see a parrot in that scene, though to me it lacks the depth others have told me mine lack. Perhaps too much haze? Sun beams have been know to be that strong, given the correct conditions. Perhaps a bit less intense if you're worried about their appearance.

Some pages back, more like the beginning of this thread, I posted an image of something I did with a mirrored sphere. It was blue, dark blue with, as David said, a bit too much haze. After trying to redo my valley image, and getting a bit frustrated it wasn't working out better, I went back to that image and redid a few things. The results are below.

I then went back to my valley image and redid a few more things in it and came up with two images below.

@TLBKlaus, I finally took a crack at the wire frame image you gave us and was able to finally get it set up, though it took a bit of gray matter to finally realize the two inner cubes were boolean to create the opening in the one cube. Though that part came out right, the results are no where near the image you posted.

As always, comments are gladly accepted.

Cube_n_Cube_11.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Banded_Mountain1_22.png
    1080 x 810 - 1M
    Banded_Mountain1_20.png
    1080 x 810 - 1M
    Sphere_Mirror_Blue_757_x_758_8.png
    757 x 757 - 634K
    Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @bigH: Pardon my oversight, but as Miss B said, the house image looks smashing. And the image on this page has me wondering is the water fits the two mountains, though I like the look of the water.

@Mark SA: Good beginning to something more substantial.

@David: Ah, another good tutorial to catchup on.

@electro: Yes, I could see a parrot in that scene, though to me it lacks the depth others have told me mine lack. Perhaps too much haze? Sun beams have been know to be that strong, given the correct conditions. Perhaps a bit less intense if you're worried about their appearance.

Some pages back, more like the beginning of this thread, I posted an image of something I did with a mirrored sphere. It was blue, dark blue with, as David said, a bit too much haze. After trying to redo my valley image, and getting a bit frustrated it wasn't working out better, I went back to that image and redid a few things. The results are below.

I then went back to my valley image and redid a few more things in it and came up with two images below.

@TLBKlaus, I finally took a crack at the wire frame image you gave us and was able to finally get it set up, though it took a bit of gray matter to finally realize the two inner cubes were boolean to create the opening in the one cube. Though that part came out right, the results are no where near the image you posted.

As always, comments are gladly accepted.

great job on all - keep them coming

• defuser2002defuser2002 Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

There are some real nice images here. Just goes to show Bryce isn't dead despite its odd behaviours.

edited December 1969

@MarkSA - looking nice.

@electro-elvis - The landscape looks good and the framing with vegetation is a very neat idea. The rays seem to fall wrong. The rays suggest that the sun is rather high and in the back of the beholder and in such a case, we would expect the foliage to be lit a bit by direct sunlight.

@GussNemo - the "cubical" abstract looks nice. Something is amiss with your landscape. It appears as if the shadow intensity is lower than 100. Maybe also the sky dome color is white instead of black. In the upper render, I'd expect some shadow casting from the rock at right.

edited December 1969

w1

w1.jpg
    1274 x 695 - 296K
This discussion has been closed.