Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 4

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Michael ;Just wanted to say thanks again I have really learned a lot and will continue to experiment....how are you and ZBrush getting along?? Is it easy to model in?? Is it like sculptris and you have to make things out of a ball of clay??

• M1chaelFrankM1chaelFrank Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Michael ;Just wanted to say thanks again I have really learned a lot and will continue to experiment....how are you and ZBrush getting along?? Is it easy to model in?? Is it like sculptris and you have to make things out of a ball of clay??

It's my pleasure, I'm glad to help!
    I'm really enjoying Zbrush a great deal! Sculptris is an extremely slimmed-down version of Zbrush; Zbrush offers the capability to mold from a ball of clay, but it also allows armatures, and an incredibly complex array of functions that really blow my mind. I still feel like such a beginner with it! Sometimes it's quite daunting, but I do love it. Here's a recent image, one that I'm very happy with. The environment and plants are all Bryce.

Zbrush doesn't have the multi-replicate function that I'm so fond of in Bryce. Multi-replicating is such a perfect tool for building plants!

CVDR1z.jpg
    1800 x 1440 - 420K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,530
    edited December 1969

That stag beetle looks incredible, the ants as well. The leaves on the plants seem just a bit thick, but that is nitpicking. Great composition and colours, too.

• TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited July 2013

I've been meaning to try Zbrush myself, that is simply an awesome render...

Here are a couple of new ones, one Aikobot and one abstract...

asymmetries15dev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    aikocitydev.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by TLBKlaus on
    edited December 1969

Nice renders, TLBKlaus.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    That stag beetle looks incredible, the ants as well. The leaves on the plants seem just a bit thick, but that is nitpicking. Great composition and colours, too.

Thanks, Horo! And the nitpicking is quite ok, lol. Admittedly, those leaves are not perfectly refined. It's an older model. I wish there were some kind of effect that would allow me to "ruffle" an object. I've tried it in the terrain lab with some nice effects, but not quite to my liking yet. It's on my list of challenges!

edited December 1969

TLBKlaus said:
    I've been meaning to try Zbrush myself, that is simply an awesome render...

Here are a couple of new ones, one Aikobot and one abstract...

These are beautiful images! Well done.

edited July 2013

Michael; OMG that bug looks real....WOW!! I started to get ZBrush awhile back but I was scared it would be way over my head. and I didn't want to risk the money...will it work with a graphics tablet?

TLBKlaus; really nice renders!

Come on you guys......Beating the heat render challenge theres only 3 weeks left....and its only me,Jay and Dave so far......get in gear!!!

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Michael; OMG that bug looks real....WOW!! I started to get ZBrush awhile back but I was scared it would be way over my head. and I didn't want to risk the money...will it work with a graphics tablet?

TLBKlaus; really nice renders!

Thank you! this one was a lot of fun to make. This program is definitely worth the money, and yes, a tablet is a good idea. It's practically a requirement for this program.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

That is terrific Michael.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    That is terrific Michael.

Thank you very much!

• Mattkire75Mattkire75 Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Still a newbie, but behold my first submission. Any tips, tricks or things to add some pizzaz is greatly appreciated!

Just a simple window for a stone structure.

Window_For_Stone_Structure.jpg
    1300 x 975 - 307K
    edited December 1969

poetman75; I would say make the round thing in front smaller.....other than that it looks really good!!! nice model!!!

Ok I really messed this up I noticed 3hrs into the render I screwed up the terrain matching but I am going to try it again I had it with the ground off and at an extreme angle to get the sky in....so since I am above the ground plane how do I get shadows in??......thanks in advance Trish

messed_up2.jpg
    1317 x 678 - 571K
    edited December 1969

poetman75; I would say make the round thing in front smaller.....other than that it looks really good!!! nice model!!!

Ok I really messed this up I noticed 3hrs into the render I screwed up the terrain matching but I am going to try it again I had it with the ground off and at an extreme angle to get the sky in....so since I am above the ground plane how do I get shadows in??......thanks in advance Trish

yeah I tried that but the proportions don't line up well with the vert/horz bars. I also noticed Bryce brought in my image a little crooked. Oddly it kind of gives it a dilapidated look to it.

On the flip-side I fixed my off-center window panes on my original window design. This one isn't finished but, what I got so far.

Second_Stone_Window.jpg
    800 x 800 - 241K
    edited December 1969

Here's an example of the window used in a stone structure wall that I created from segment I also created.

Window_In_Action.jpg
    1300 x 975 - 1M
    edited July 2013

poetman75; The window looks a lot better now...Put one of your shields on your wall that would be cool....Did you know you can make the window so you can see through it??? Its all done with positive and neg. grouping....I am trying to find you an example.........................digging through files........sorry

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Hey all I just watched a video where cripeman takes textures out of Bryce to use in Carrara is it possible to do in reverse???? like those pretty shaders for example????

edited December 1969

ok here it is in pictures.....1,2,3

3.jpg
    722 x 392 - 83K
    2.jpg
    799 x 509 - 132K
    1.jpg
    1024 x 457 - 132K
    edited December 1969

ok here it is in pictures.....1,2,3

Actually it is already that way. There just isn't any light behind the window. The wall behind the window is normally solid. but I use a saved object similar to what you did above to cut a hole into the rock (you need to make sure all the rocks are set to positive unless you want a jaggedly look). Then I placed the window in front and slightly inside the hole. On the other side is an opening to look out of. I did the same with the door. The door you see in the pic is actually placed inside a cutout in the wall. I make all the models so they can be both used in distance scenes as well as interactive world scenes. This way once a model is built very little changes need to be made to go from scene to scene.

In a way, this is how I think video games should be built. Maybe a dozen or so modular maps that you just input models into a grid to change it from say a dungeon scene to a beach scene. If done properly, you can just stick pieces onto a template and shove it onto the model. Nothing, not even down to a shoelace in my opinion open, in a game world, should be static outside of the textures themselves. Unfortunately we don't have the proper technology yet to fully handle it. :)

At any rate, I am usually a much simpler concept for my images. :)

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Booleans are fun, and you can get some interesting effects

In-Jail.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 484K
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Hey all I just watched a video where cripeman takes textures out of Bryce to use in Carrara is it possible to do in reverse???? like those pretty shaders for example????

I did not now you could import Bryce Textures into Carrara... link to this video please?

edited December 1969

Ok similar image as I posted earlier but with 2 windows and lights added for a nighttime scene. This one took 1 hour and 25 minutes to render.

Outside_Castle_Drammel.jpg
    1300 x 975 - 1M
    edited July 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b9c4CW2c18 there you go rareth. That's the one about terrains from Bryce to carrara I am looking for the other one.....although its on you tube under his name cripeman.....found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jw5m_aAO4c

Post edited by Trish on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited December 1969

Michael – another magnificent render

TLBKlaus – both your renders are awesome

Inspired by Trish’s renders, I played with metaballs and give it a premium TA render using one of Horo’s Hdri.

Thanks Dave and Michael for your tips. Now to do some breezy ones.

replicatingmetaballs.jpg
    500 x 650 - 57K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

I see Michael's amazing artworks has inspired experimenting with multi-replication - excellent!

Just continued with my material experiments, and given the chance, and I got the chance this morning, thought I would share with you some of my findings. Here the out of range procedural output has yielded another weird effect.

Super metallic effect - making impossible materials - by David Brinnen

Super_metal4.jpg
    600 x 600 - 106K
    edited December 1969

Michael – another magnificent render

TLBKlaus – both your renders are awesome

Inspired by Trish’s renders, I played with metaballs and give it a premium TA render using one of Horo’s Hdri.

Thanks Dave and Michael for your tips. Now to do some breezy ones.

Very nice! Can't wait to see the breezy ones!

edited December 1969

I see Michael's amazing artworks has inspired experimenting with multi-replication - excellent!

Just continued with my material experiments, and given the chance, and I got the chance this morning, thought I would share with you some of my findings. Here the out of range procedural output has yielded another weird effect.

Pretty cool effect. When you mean out of range, you mean above/below the normal limits?

edited December 1969

@poetman75 - you're making progreass.

....so since I am above the ground plane how do I get shadows in??......thanks in advance Trish

Not clear, what you mean. The camera above the ground plane most of the time. You get shadows if there is some prominent light, provided Sun/Moon Shadow intensity in the Sky Lab is at 100.

@Rareth - nicely done.

@mermaid010 - nice flowers.

@David Brinnen - interesting look.

Here's an interesting oddity, which I haven't had the time to fully investigate. The plane is a mirror. The objects at right are corrently mirrored, the Utah Teapot is offset by 90° in the mirror, which is really odd.

Test2Obj02.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 91K
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @poetman75 - you're making progreass.

....so since I am above the ground plane how do I get shadows in??......thanks in advance Trish

Not clear, what you mean. The camera above the ground plane most of the time. You get shadows if there is some prominent light, provided Sun/Moon Shadow intensity in the Sky Lab is at 100.

@Rareth - nicely done.

@mermaid010 - nice flowers.

@David Brinnen - interesting look.

Here's an interesting oddity, which I haven't had the time to fully investigate. The plane is a mirror. The objects at right are corrently mirrored, the Utah Teapot is offset by 90° in the mirror, which is really odd.

very cool effects!

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

poetman75 said:

Pretty cool effect. When you mean out of range, you mean above/below the normal limits?

Thanks, yes, exactly so. Normal limits for metallicity and reflection is in the range 0 to 100. Using this "trick" that can be extended dramatically in either direction. There are a few video's on this newly discovered effect here.

Bryce Made Easy - Velvet bump recipe - by David Brinnen
    Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - very high power ambient recipe - by David Brinnen
    Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - high energy gel light and hue shift trick - by David Brinnen
    Bryce 7.1 Pro Experiments - Extreme diffuse response - by David Brinnen

This discussion has been closed.