Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 4

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

IceScribe: I particularly like the last one with the caged components... very nice.

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

@Savage 64,

thank you for the compliment!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530
    edited December 1969

@IceScribe - oh, that brings back memories. Very well done. I love the antenna. Yes, the Antique Table came with Bryce 5.5.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited July 2013

IceScribe said:
    @mermaid010,

I did not model the desk. It's in the Bryce 7 Pro Create objects menu. It's the default material, too.

Wow thanks for tell me, now I need to check out the Object library to see what goodies I can find. Horo says that it was included in Bryce 5.5 and I never saw it. lolol

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

ok can I play I made this a long time ago .........I think I was a lot more creative earlier on using Bryce....I have gotten lazy using other peoples models but not being near as good as savage here is my house..........

house.jpg
    842 x 586 - 218K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited December 1969

That's one beautiful house.

• launoklaunok Posts: 793
    edited July 2013

Hi I have a question for any one out that may be able to help me, the new release of Daz Studio 4.6 I would love to download it but I am scared I might not be able use/bridge to Brcye 7.1 Pro???

@ Silverdali, great news! It does work, however, look at my thread here where I have also raised an issue about Genesis transferred to Bryce. If you look at the images you will notice that Genesis with all textures in fact has transferred ok, but when taking from one Bryce scene to another in Bryce itself there is an issue specially with Genesis body textures. But overall the bridge works from DS4.6 to Bryce 7.1 Pro.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24736/

Laura

Post edited by launok on
    edited December 1969

@bullit35744 - oh, it's lovely. Very detailed.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

ok can I play I made this a long time ago .........I think I was a lot more creative earlier on using Bryce....I have gotten lazy using other peoples models but not being near as good as savage here is my house..........

Nice little house. Can I play as well. This one I made the cart. ANd also the challenge it was entered in we had to include at least one example of an intersect boolean, and I manged to make the Aer-Lingus logo that way.

silly_flying_leprechaun.jpg
    893 x 732 - 156K
    edited December 1969

Hey, that's a pretty cool cart.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Hey, that's a pretty cool cart.

Thanks, unfortunately I have lost the original scene file. Well not exactly lost, is on a HD removed form hmm about 2 computers back I think, which is sitting on the shelf, because I always meant to try coupling it up somehow and getting some of the stuff off of it.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@TheSavage64.

Here a quick composition of just a small selection of the stuff I’ve made over the past 12 months. None of it particularly complex, but it shows what you can do very simply with boolean modelling.

Here's a few of mine which I could say the same about.
    Not really complex, made over the past 12 months.
    All made with Bryce Primitives and Bolean modeled.
    Although it takes me a long time compared to some people.

Mixed_Objects.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 457K
    edited July 2013

Thanks all!!

chohole....Like your cart!! you should find it again

StuartB4; some really nice items you have created!!

Horo; The machine is really super!!

IceScribe; really neat creations!!

Savage; Wonderful things as usual!!

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@StuartB4 - I've already seen some of them. They are awesome.

edited December 1969

Thanks all!!

chohole....Like your cart!! you should find it again

I do still have all the little cottages I made for this scene, although the models are a mess of unlabelled parts.

thatch_cottages_3.jpg
    1024 x 561 - 350K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I do still have all the little cottages I made for this scene, although the models are a mess of unlabelled parts.

Very nice, indeed. And what you say is just the problem of either no thorough planning or getting carried away when building up things. I spend hours labeling even in a scene I haven't made much myself. And it's boring. But it does help later. DAZ 3D requires that all parts are labeled unique and identifiable if a scene is for the store, otherwise it gets rejected.
    edited December 1969

@StuartB4 - I’ve already seen some of them. They are awesome.

Yes Horo. All but 3 of them have been used in renders, the light bulb, the box of coloured pins and the battery.
    May be one day I'll use them.

• M1chaelFrankM1chaelFrank Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm really enjoying seeing the models that are being posted... kudos to all of you! Great work. Here's another model of mine, a house I made last year. I modelled everything else in the shot as well: all Bryce. This image was featured in "Photoshop Creative" last fall.

MMG5.3z_.jpg
    600 x 764 - 176K
    edited December 1969

Very nice! I'd love to see more like this!

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Nice little house. Can I play as well. This one I made the cart. ANd also the challenge it was entered in we had to include at least one example of an intersect boolean, and I manged to make the Aer-Lingus logo that way.

Very cool!

edited December 1969

Silverdali... another fabulous render as always. You really get a good looking, warm and natural metallic thing going on.

Horo... Nice modelling, on the subject of which;

I make a lot of models out of necessity. Most of my (paid) Bryce work is for packaging design and I regularly have to start the job by building the model for the packaging labels etc to go on, but it is a rewarding challenge to sit and try to figure out how can I make X using only the tools within Bryce. Yes often for my own 'fun' art and when playing with other elements such as lighting or composition, I use pre-made content (usually freebie stuff that I will spend quite some time reworking all the materials), but having a grasshopper mind, it is very useful when I lose creative inspiration to be able to sit and do something technical like putting components together to make stuff I can use when my creativity returns.

Here a quick composition of just a small selection of the stuff I've made over the past 12 months. None of it particularly complex, but it shows what you can do very simply with boolean modelling.

Edited to add: And then there's that temple model I started and then put on hold... I'll finish it eventually. [insert roll eyes emoticon here]

Yoou may say they're not complex, but you spare no expense on details. Very well done.

edited December 1969

@M1chaelFrank.
    The plants are brilliant but how do you do them in bryce?

edited July 2013

StuartB4 said:
    @M1chaelFrank.
    The plants are brilliant but how do you do them in bryce?

Thanks very much. The plants are made with metaballs and replication. Replication is truly the key, and it can be manipulated in so many interesting ways, depending on the values you input for the x,y and z coordinates. Play around with the replication and see what happens. One clue or pointer I can give you is that sometimes the numbers don't need to be large. Small numbers and increments for subtle movements and directions, that is.

I'd also like to add that the materials and lighting is quite simple, for a faster render. Sometimes these things take a while!

Post edited by M1chaelFrank on
    edited December 1969

@M1chaelFrank.

Thanks very much. I will have a play around and see what I can come up with.

edited December 1969

Thank you Michael

chohole; The buildings are super

This one I made all 4 buildings I can't even find my file anymore I had to copy this from bryce5 site....the signs on the buildings are mine too another old one I afraid haven't made much lately except for fences

west.jpg
    860 x 578 - 300K
    edited December 1969

ok I had to give it a try, my this little leaf took me a long time, I do like the way the colors blend into each other, of course I had to use metals.....Michael I always liked your art but I have to say my appreciation for it has grown since my leaf experiment

met_balls.jpg
    364 x 733 - 98K
    edited December 1969

ok I had to give it a try, my this little leaf took me a long time, I do like the way the colors blend into each other, of course I had to use metals.....Michael I always liked your art but I have to say my appreciation for it has grown since my leaf experiment

You are on to something here, this is a great start. I have another suggestion. Start with standard objects; sphere, oval, etc. Try experimenting with replication using just these things. If you get a pleasing shape, then convert the objects to metaballs. Try not to stretch an object too long; a cylinder will convert to a metaball, but it will be hard to work with... too pointy. You may need to anticipate or imagine what a compound object will look like before converting to metaballs. Try replicating an object several times to see how a stem grows, and then imagine what it would take to replicate the object a few hundred times. There is a lot of trial and error here, and it's a bit slow going at first, but the reward is great. Some of my plants involve tens of thousands of metaballs; one of them was up to 200,000 individual pieces.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Those objects were great when you first showed them and they are still great looking even when grouped.

@Ice: Those are really nice, though I think I'm partial to the third one the most. The mesh of the cage is great looking.

@Trish: Lovely house, and buildings in the second image. Nice work.

@Pam: I can just see the kid in the garage building that cart out of left over pieces he found here and there. That it's flying reminds me of Up, the movie. Such a beautiful fantasy. And the village, I see chickens running around, and carts being pulled by different animals. Well done.

@Stuart: Like Dave's image, I've seen most of those objects, and still marvel at your abilities to form just accurate models.

@M1chael: That type image is always awe inspiring, with the forms and colors and atmosphere.

edited December 1969

Funny you should say that Guss. Not chickens though, will pigs do

the_great_Porcine_escape.jpg
    1460 x 800 - 394K
    edited December 1969

Chohole; The pigs are taking over the town.....run. I like this image a lot!!! lots of movement

Guss; please please please enter the contest......

Michael; I must admit this is fun!! but I keep crashing Bryce I guess I keep rendering too much to see what it will look like.....LOL

flower_arrangement2.jpg
    520 x 625 - 128K
This discussion has been closed.