New clothing still looks like stiff tubes

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

If clothing doesn’t look flattering why buy it?

Well in real life not all people know how to dress, so if you render real life scenes it could be useful ;)

• MendomanMendoman Posts: 403
    edited November 2017

One thing I've been wondering a lot, is how much better those texture expansions could be. Aeon Soul's https://www.daz3d.com/alphakini-wasteland is a great example what I'd like to see more. It's like you get totally new products with those new materials. I would love to buy more stuff like that, where with reasonably low investment I could improve my existing product a lot. Also if some PA would release a wet, dirty, muddy, shredded etc. texture expansions for my favourite clothing items, I think I'd be really interested. Unfortunately most of the time those expansions just change red shirt to blue shirt, and since I already have 100s of shaders in my library, I can very easily do that myself too.

PS: As a side note, why most bikinis/swimsuits don't have wet material option?

Post edited by Mendoman on
  • Mendoman said:

One thing I've been wondering a lot, is how much better those texture expansions could be. Aeon Soul's https://www.daz3d.com/alphakini-wasteland is a great example what I'd like to see more. It's like you get totally new products with those new materials. I would love to buy more stuff like that, where with reasonably low investment I could improve my existing product a lot. Also if some PA would release a wet, dirty, muddy, shredded etc. texture expansions for my favourite clothing items, I think I'd be really interested. Unfortunately most of the time those expansions just change red shirt to blue shirt, and since I already have 100s of shaders in my library, I can very easily do that myself too.

PS: As a side note, why most bikinis/swimsuits don't have wet material option?

Uh huh; pick a vendor that's probably the best example of one that's not depending on a regular paycheck from this as an example. That's pretty much why you get such detailed content from them; they can take their time and do it the way they want it to turn out. And in answer to your swimwear question; there is more to "wet" than gloss. Not all aspects would be acceptable in this store.

Leana said:

If clothing doesn’t look flattering why buy it?

Well in real life not all people know how to dress, so if you render real life scenes it could be useful ;)

Not everyone likes dressing to the nine's, either. I'm far more comfortable in stuff that probably wouldn't be all that popular with some folks here, but that's me.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,868

If you want your male characters in ill-fitting, SIMSesque garments, Daz has you covered. But if you would like your men dressed smartly, you have three choices at this store: Luthbel (almost totally morphless, although he models excellent wrinkles/creases), IHKang (lacking texture variety and difficult to fit/pose convincingly), and Uzilite (missing in action except on Facebook). Of the three, Luthbel cuts the most realistic and flattering silhouettes, but I still need an Armani suit with all the accoutrements.

On topic, recently there was a set for males that would have cost less than $8 for the base and the textures, and it was meant to be for stereotypically poor dressers, but the tube sleeves and legs made it useless to me. I no longer purchase clothes with tube sleeves/legs because I know they will ruin my renders. People will pay well for well-made high fashion clothes. I wish Daz would encourage the best artists to do this.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited November 2017

One area which seems problematic is men’s collars. I don’t know why but this seems a problem area. So much so I wondered if a different clothing prop needs to be made to address it

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • xyer0 said:

... and Uzilite (missing in action except on Facebook).

He's actually selling some things on his own Gumroad account now, instead of brokering through Daz or Rendo, fwiw. He's only got two things up on it so far, but they're still the exceptional quality I've come to expect from him.

Uzilite M701 for DAZ 3D Genesis 3 Male looks pretty good. Love that tie

• Uzilite M701 for DAZ 3D Genesis 3 Male looks pretty good. Love that tie

It's a very nice outfit, and I think the tie has movement morphs.

I like that the tie is actually a complete tie. It’s not just the front bit.. the shirt collar actually looks sharp and defined. The glasses look nice too.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,707
    edited November 2017

I like that the tie is actually a complete tie. It’s not just the front bit.. the shirt collar actually looks sharp and defined. The glasses look nice too.

The collar actually has thickness, you can lift it up and open the shirt. The tie does have all kinds of movement morphs. Even the jacket has morphs to turn up the collar and open the pockets. The least is on the pants all you can do there is open the pockets and hide the belt, but still it's a gorgeous piece of modeling/texturing work. And well worth the price. I can throw together a few renders for you if you want?

Post edited by zombietaggerung on

Sure. That would be great  Can you show me what it looks like on Michael 8 or gen 8 base male?

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

Uzilite M701 for DAZ 3D Genesis 3 Male looks pretty good. Love that tie

Do you have a link?

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,633

I don't know if the mods would edit a link out. Just google "uzilite m701" and it will be the 3rd or 4th one from the top.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

I don't know if the mods would edit a link out. Just google "uzilite m701" and it will be the 3rd or 4th one from the top.

They will allow links in response to a request, just not put in first.

• I honestly have given up second guessing as even getting off topic responding to other posts in this thread is not allowed 

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,707
    edited November 2017

Sure. That would be great  Can you show me what it looks like on Michael 8 or gen 8 base male?

All righty. It fits M8 ok, there is some pretty obvious poke through in the armpits with the shirt, but otherwise the shirt retains all it's various movement/opening morphs. There is no rippling of the collar, or the waist. The tie, not so much. None of the movement morphs on the tie work once fit to M8. All it keeps are the "loosen tie" morphs and it sticks out away from his body. A way around this may be to just parent it to his neck or some magic with the Transfer Utility.

The pants fit fine with no trouble only a teeny tiny bit of poke through on the calves. The open pocket/hide belt morphs on the pants still work on M8. The jacket fits just fine, there's similar armpit pokethrough like on the shirt, but all the movement morphs still work. There are transparency material settings to hide the shirt under the jacket, so they can be used together.

The shoes don't fit properly at all, with G8 at the default pose, his feet poke through the top, since the shoes have a pretty high heel. The fit shoes foot pose works on G8, interestingly enough, but still doesn't solve the fitting issue. However hiding his feet does solve this.

The glasses do demand to be autofit, but warp terribly on G8 when done so. Obviously you can just parent them to his head, as an easy fix. Just scootch them up on the Y axis by 6.7 and parent to M8's head. They have morphs to fold in the temples and tilt them up, down, and side to side; as well as flatten the nose pads.

There are 5 textures for the shirt, 2 for the pants, 4 for the tie, but just the one for the jacket, the glasses, and the shoes. But everything seems to have logically laid out material zones, so should take shaders with no trouble. The set also comes with three poses; aside from the Fit Shoes foot pose; that work with a bit of succes on G8. The arms need adjustment.

I hope this helps some, and here's a link to the Gumroad page

utilize 1.png
    687 x 1112 - 668K
    utilize 2.png
    687 x 1112 - 627K
    utilize 3.png
    687 x 1112 - 1M
    utilize 4.png
    687 x 1112 - 2M
    utilize 5.png
    687 x 687 - 478K
    utilize 6.png
    687 x 687 - 561K
    utilize 7.png
    687 x 687 - 907K
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on

Thanks Zombietaggerung! I bought it and will mess around with it. I appreciate your time on that.

• Thanks Zombietaggerung! I bought it and will mess around with it. I appreciate your time on that.

You are quite welcome, I'm glad to help.

• The glasses do demand to be autofit, but warp terribly on G8 when done so. Obviously you can just parent them to his head, as an easy fix. Just scootch them up on the Y axis by 6.7 and parent to M8's head. They have morphs to fold in the temples and tilt them up, down, and side to side; as well as flatten the nose pads.

Hello

Do not auto-fit M701 Necktie or M701 Eyeglasses, instead change its Preferred Base and Compatibility Base to Genesis 8/Male then fit to your figure. All the Pose Controls are also preserved. You can read more here : https://www.facebook.com/notes/uzilite-lounge/m701-to-genesis-8-male/1918273328199232/

• xyer0 said:

If you want your male characters in ill-fitting, SIMSesque garments, Daz has you covered. But if you would like your men dressed smartly, you have three choices at this store: Luthbel (almost totally morphless, although he models excellent wrinkles/creases), IHKang (lacking texture variety and difficult to fit/pose convincingly), and Uzilite (missing in action except on Facebook). Of the three, Luthbel cuts the most realistic and flattering silhouettes, but I still need an Armani suit with all the accoutrements.

And yet that's what the vast majority of people wear in real life; not everyone has the time or financial assets to have clothing custom tailored to fit them. Not everyone cares that the legs on their pants are a bit long, or short, nor do they care about that on shirt sleeves.

xyer0 said:

On topic, recently there was a set for males that would have cost less than $8 for the base and the textures, and it was meant to be for stereotypically poor dressers, but the tube sleeves and legs made it useless to me. I no longer purchase clothes with tube sleeves/legs because I know they will ruin my renders. People will pay well for well-made high fashion clothes. I wish Daz would encourage the best artists to do this.

Yet we don't know for a fact that "high quality" vendors like the ones named actually have significantly higher sales than vendors that don't seem to put in as much effort. I would think that if this was the case, Daz would establish more strict quality rules for what is submitted.

• Uzilite said:

The glasses do demand to be autofit, but warp terribly on G8 when done so. Obviously you can just parent them to his head, as an easy fix. Just scootch them up on the Y axis by 6.7 and parent to M8's head. They have morphs to fold in the temples and tilt them up, down, and side to side; as well as flatten the nose pads.

Hello

Do not auto-fit M701 Necktie or M701 Eyeglasses, instead change its Preferred Base and Compatibility Base to Genesis 8/Male then fit to your figure. All the Pose Controls are also preserved. You can read more here : https://www.facebook.com/notes/uzilite-lounge/m701-to-genesis-8-male/1918273328199232/

Oh great, thank you! @Serene Night :)

edited November 2017

Personally I want my male characters to look attractive... And just like buyers want their female characters to mostly look pretty and attractive in their outfits I’m the same way with the male characters... which means clothing that fits well collars that are designed properly shoulders that don’t slump and pants with details and  shoes that fit. Others might be satisfied with stuff that is ill-fitting but I am not. 

Right now. we are still getting men’s hair with female hairlines and shirts with giant Quaker colors and clothing that climbs up the rear and looks painted on. We still have men’s skins with genital errors. 

When the quality of men’s stuff gets better I will be the first to applaud the improvents.... but when problems exist I’m not going to ignore them either.

• Serene Night said:

I agree. The current male releases are amateurish. We have so little male clothing to begin with. When something looks doughy or painted on people don’t buy it and it contributes to the whole men’s stuff doesn’t sell.

Nicely put. I really want more male clothing items. Right now, I'm searching through older M4 items to tru to find what I need, with little luck. What I have found useful is to use the Genesis/M4/V4 clothing items and figures as background fodder.  I render on a nice laptop, but in the end it is a laptop with more limited system resources than a full-on desktop rig. Those older clothing bits are perfect for reducing system resources but I agree that we need far better modern mens' clothing, especially for Genesis 3 males. There are some nice things out there, but not nearly as much given the number of male Gen 3 characters there are. I have a feeling that whomever releases a modern, up to date and accurate set of  sci-fi starship uniforms (and not the battlemech type, a real uniform set) will be earning a whole ton of cash. That's just one idea. I'm sure there are many others.

.Accurate and properly fitting = profit.

• Uzilite said:

Hello

Thanks for this, I had missed the clothing release and got it to use with G3M, but it's great to see it will work fairly well with G8M. The instructions are appreciated.
  • Serene Night said:

I agree. The current male releases are amateurish. We have so little male clothing to begin with. When something looks doughy or painted on people don’t buy it and it contributes to the whole men’s stuff doesn’t sell.

Nicely put. I really want more male clothing items. Right now, I'm searching through older M4 items to tru to find what I need, with little luck. What I have found useful is to use the Genesis/M4/V4 clothing items and figures as background fodder.  I render on a nice laptop, but in the end it is a laptop with more limited system resources than a full-on desktop rig. Those older clothing bits are perfect for reducing system resources but I agree that we need far better modern mens' clothing, especially for Genesis 3 males. There are some nice things out there, but not nearly as much given the number of male Gen 3 characters there are. I have a feeling that whomever releases a modern, up to date and accurate set of  sci-fi starship uniforms (and not the battlemech type, a real uniform set) will be earning a whole ton of cash. That's just one idea. I'm sure there are many others.

.Accurate and properly fitting = profit.

There is a flaw in thinking here. Just because you and others say you will by something isn't enough to encourage PAs to make what you want, because there have been plenty of times where they do it and the ones asking for it the most do not end up buying the product, and they know it.

edited November 2017

here’s the uzilite outfit fit to gen8 male... I really think it looks pretty nice!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

here’s the uzilite outfit fit to gen8 male... I really think it looks pretty nice!

Nice? It looks great! :)

Laurie

• here’s the uzilite outfit fit to gen8 male... I really think it looks pretty nice!

Oh, wow! It looks amazing! That jacket... I'm loving it! Just found the link and gonna keep an eye on what @Uzilite releases! I'm all for nice looking men's clothes as well!

The jacket and tie are awesome. The tie converts well and would likely work with other shirts assuming there is a    real shirt collar in which to hide the rest of the tie. Unlike other ties it is a complete tie with the neck piece as well. Tie has morphs and swings over the shoulder too. One of the reasons I wanted to use dforce was actually for a realistic tie and this one sort of solves the issue since it has a lot of movements so I don’t neeed dforce at all

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,411

Definitely a must-buy for me. Well. christmas is coming, so I give myself a nice present.

Tha'ts the kind of stuff I would love to see here as well.

This discussion has been closed.