[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    edited October 2018
    Nath said:

Okay... I have a non-standard directory setup, I install by hand, and I do not use Smart Content.

Runtime and data I do not mess with, they are where they should be, and their internal structure is left alone.

I have the following relevant paths in My Library 4Pro, which is situated on an external drive:

My Library 4PRO/People/Genesis 2/F Clothing/ followed by individual subdirectories for clothing items

My Library 4PRO/People/Genesis 8/G8F Clothing with a subdirectory 'G2 to G8 conversions' set up for converted items.

I have followed the instructions in the pdf. I have set up a new, empty scene and added the base G8F character. With that character selected, I have started the Clothing Converter script.

When I attempt to add a clothing item and its subdirectories via the directory selection, I get an error almost immediately in a pop up screen: "No clothing files detected"

When I attempt to add an item via selecting individual files, it does appear in the clothing item files list.

But then, with the output directory placed under People/Genesis 8/G2 to G8 conversions, I get an error upon execution: "Output directory is empty or not set"

With the output directory placed outside My Library 4PRO, when I attempt to select individual files from the G2 Clothing directory, I can again select items, but when I attempt to run the script I get "No items are selected. Please select some items and try again"

Every change I make seems to result in a different error.

Can the script work with a non-standard directory setup such as mine, or am I overlooking something obvious?

I am not surprised that it is not working with your setup.  I made the script to handle both DIM and Connect but there are assumptions in the directories that the script is probably getting tripped up on.  For example, the Add Directory will DEFINITELY NOT WORK with your setup.  It looks for a "Genesis 2 Female" folder somewhere in the path of each file so that it knows what to add to the list (Connect and Smart Content put clothing items in different places but they are still identified with "Genesis 2 Female" somewhere)  It doesn't even sound like you got this far but later on, the script will look for a folder called "Clothing" to know how to copy from old to new (e.g., "D:\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\Aeon Soul\Neo Ayane\Neo Ayane Dress.duf" becomes OUTPUT_DIR\Clothing\Aeon Soul\Neo Ayane\Neo Ayane Dress.duf)

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828
    edited October 2018
    th3Digit said:
    Daikatana said:

Please please please tell me you will be creating a male version also????

its in their PDF soooo 

Caught that, did you? smiley 

I need to slip more hidden clues in the manuals, then I will know who reads them laugh

While I can get away with some discreet shopping and forum perusal at work, anything more has to wait till I get home. :)

Post edited by Daikatana on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    edited October 2018
    ea said:

There is a little problem with name of foot poser converter script. When the clothing converter works it searchs for shoes a script named "Foot Poser.dse" which doesn't exist in the installation folder. This script exists but it's named : "RSSY Clothing Converter G2F to G8F Foot Poser.dse" in a waiting a patch, you can fix it in renaming this file and also the corresponding png file.

Hi Ea, yes, you are right.  sad  The file was renamed when it was packaged, but the script looks for "Foot Poser.dse" (it is shared by all the Clothing Converter products).  For now, please rename.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,719
    Nath said:

Okay... I have a non-standard directory setup, I install by hand, and I do not use Smart Content.

Runtime and data I do not mess with, they are where they should be, and their internal structure is left alone.

I have the following relevant paths in My Library 4Pro, which is situated on an external drive:

My Library 4PRO/People/Genesis 2/F Clothing/ followed by individual subdirectories for clothing items

My Library 4PRO/People/Genesis 8/G8F Clothing with a subdirectory 'G2 to G8 conversions' set up for converted items.

I have followed the instructions in the pdf. I have set up a new, empty scene and added the base G8F character. With that character selected, I have started the Clothing Converter script.

When I attempt to add a clothing item and its subdirectories via the directory selection, I get an error almost immediately in a pop up screen: "No clothing files detected"

When I attempt to add an item via selecting individual files, it does appear in the clothing item files list.

But then, with the output directory placed under People/Genesis 8/G2 to G8 conversions, I get an error upon execution: "Output directory is empty or not set"

With the output directory placed outside My Library 4PRO, when I attempt to select individual files from the G2 Clothing directory, I can again select items, but when I attempt to run the script I get "No items are selected. Please select some items and try again"

Can the script work with a non-standard directory setup such as mine, or am I overlooking something obvious?

I am not surprised that it is not working with your setup.  I made the script to handle both DIM and Connect but there are assumptions in the directories that the script is probably getting tripped up on.  For example, the Add Directory will DEFINITELY NOT WORK with your setup.  It looks for a "Genesis 2 Female" folder somewhere in the path of each file so that it knows what to add to the list (Connect and Smart Content put clothing items in different places but they are still identified with "Genesis 2 Female" somewhere)  It doesn't even sound like you got this far but later on, the script will look for a folder called "Clothing" to know how to copy from old to new (e.g., "D:\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\Aeon Soul\Neo Ayane\Neo Ayane Dress.duf" becomes OUTPUT_DIR\Clothing\Aeon Soul\Neo Ayane\Neo Ayane Dress.duf)

I'd already tried renaming just the Clothing directory based on the log files, but you have just made me think of the very obvious (at least once I thought of it) workaround that lets me keep my setup! Temporarily renaming the Genesis 2 dir to Genesis 2 Female and F Clothing to Clothing allows the script to work!! So thank you LOL

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Another happy dance from me!  That came out much sooner than I expected!  I'm not sure I can contain my excitement lol.  I have hundreds of G2F clothes.  You guys are amazing, thank you!

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308

Noting the sale price and will pick this up but was wondering if you are going to offer both this new convertor and the previous one in  a bundle sale?

• Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 727
    edited October 2018

Yaaaaaaaaaahhhh

Slammed that in my cart with the force of 1,000 white hot suns

I can’t wait to play around with it when I get home. G2 was the generation I started on, and there’s still a slew of awesome items. You’ve made fully upgrading to Gen8 much, much more appealing, bruh. <3

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Will there be the same for the males?

• Does anyone that have this happen to have the Little Mermaid package? I have been trying to find a way to use the mermaid tail with my Genesis 8 figures. I was hoping someone that got this can test for me and let me know if it helps? 

• Will there be the same for the males?

Yes, RiverSoft has said there will be one, and I think there’s a mention of it in the manual as well.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited October 2018

Does anyone that have this happen to have the Little Mermaid package? I have been trying to find a way to use the mermaid tail with my Genesis 8 figures. I was hoping someone that got this can test for me and let me know if it helps? 

I don't know if this will help with the Lil Mertail but I use any of the mertails I have on any of my figures by parenting them to the hip of the figure ,then adjusting the hip size and glutes of the figure and the mertail until they fit right ....

that is G8Female with LilMertail  and then 3DU's chimp with the Lil Mertail

lilmermaidtailonG8F.png
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    Fiji Mermaid my version.png
    1030 x 875 - 259K
    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,812
    Ivy said:

Fantastic I have tons of genesis 2 content . will it work in reverse too? because honsetly that be awesome

No, it does not work in reverse with this product.  We will have to see what we can do in the future.

Would be very handy for Carrara users as Daz doesn’t support Carrara for Genesis3 or higher.

• Nath said:
    Nath said:

I'd already tried renaming just the Clothing directory based on the log files, but you have just made me think of the very obvious (at least once I thought of it) workaround that lets me keep my setup! Temporarily renaming the Genesis 2 dir to Genesis 2 Female and F Clothing to Clothing allows the script to work!! So thank you LOL

Glad to hear it!  Enjoy!

• Another happy dance from me!  That came out much sooner than I expected!  I'm not sure I can contain my excitement lol.  I have hundreds of G2F clothes.  You guys are amazing, thank you!

Wow, your G8F is going to need a bigger closet! smiley

• Samanthie said:

Noting the sale price and will pick this up but was wondering if you are going to offer both this new convertor and the previous one in  a bundle sale?

No, Daz really only does bundles on release.  They don't seem to do bundles later.

• Finlaena said:

Yaaaaaaaaaahhhh

Slammed that in my cart with the force of 1,000 white hot suns

I can’t wait to play around with it when I get home. G2 was the generation I started on, and there’s still a slew of awesome items. You’ve made fully upgrading to Gen8 much, much more appealing, bruh. <3

You're welcome!  Enjoy! smiley

• Will there be the same for the males?

Finlaena said:

Will there be the same for the males?

Yes, RiverSoft has said there will be one, and I think there’s a mention of it in the manual as well.

Yes, there will be one.  Cannot promise when though.

• Stezza said:
    Ivy said:

Fantastic I have tons of genesis 2 content . will it work in reverse too? because honsetly that be awesome

No, it does not work in reverse with this product.  We will have to see what we can do in the future.

Would be very handy for Carrara users as Daz doesn’t support Carrara for Genesis3 or higher.

Good point.  We are definitely considering it, but there is a LOT to do!  smiley

edited October 2018

Another happy dance from me!  That came out much sooner than I expected!  I'm not sure I can contain my excitement lol.  I have hundreds of G2F clothes.  You guys are amazing, thank you!

lol I think she is going to need a separate house.  In the process of converting over 750 items.  I know that it does each piece individually but its still a ton of now much more usable clothing.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Another happy dance from me!  That came out much sooner than I expected!  I'm not sure I can contain my excitement lol.  I have hundreds of G2F clothes.  You guys are amazing, thank you!

lol I think she is going to need a separate house.  In the process of converting over 750 items.  I know that it does each piece individually but its still a ton of now much more usable clothing.

laugh  It will take awhile.  The G2 process is slower than the G3 because of all the morphs, but that is what makes it possible so I have been happy to wait! smiley

No complaints on my end!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,869

I had to kill it in taskmanager14 hours later ...

Octane render was loading every item on my graphics card

renamed the octane dll to .bak on the end and continuing much faster now

it did at least keep my info and just checked the items not yet done

about 200 of 950

• CometsComets Posts: 87

Oh man, having started with gen 8 I have been studiously ignoring older stuff like gen 2 until now. This is too handy to pass up. Now to figure out how to convert clothing textures to iray, Thanks for another great product.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

This is a hugely helpful script! I converted half my G2F clothing last night while I slept (set the script to continue if it comes across an error). 

It looks like I'll be using the "tighten all" and smoothing a lot (as described in the read-me) but that's a small price to pay for more than doubling my G8 wardrobe (I have WAY more G2 clothing than G8 clothing lol). I love this script and am really happy I picked it up. :D

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    edited October 2018

The converted clothes transfer nicely to Character Creator 3, where I can fix some pokethroughs easily, if needed.

Below is an example iray render from Character Creator 3 with kitbashed clothes on cartoonized Elisabeta.

https://www.daz3d.com/elisabeta-hd-for-genesis-8-female

https://www.daz3d.com/ciao-belle-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s

https://www.daz3d.com/edwardian-accessories-for-genesis-2-females

ElisabetaToon01pic02_RGB.jpg
    952 x 999 - 179K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I did a quick test with the Hipster Librarian outfit to see the difference between manual conversion via clones and script conversion. I'm pleased that the script conversion gave much better results.

Manual conversion via clones (weird under-arm area):

Conversion via this RSSY Clothing Converter script:

I had to turn smoothing up on both of them to minimize poke-through and used "tighten all" on the script converted clothing. The script converted outfit come out much better, imo. '

It will be great to be able to use most of my G2F clothing with my G8F characters! Thanks for the great product!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199
    Nice comparison.
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited October 2018
    Artini said:

The converted clothes transfer nicely to Character Creator 3, where I can fix some pokethroughs easily, if needed.

Below is an example iray render from Character Creator 3 with kitbashed clothes on cartoonized Elisabeta.

https://www.daz3d.com/elisabeta-hd-for-genesis-8-female

https://www.daz3d.com/ciao-belle-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s

https://www.daz3d.com/edwardian-accessories-for-genesis-2-females

Okay I  gotta ask what is "Character Creator 3"? oops never mind I Googled it .....

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • Hello, I attempted to convert Miss Fisher's Fabulous Dress but the result seems to be a bunch of bounding boxes: 

The other G2 dresses I've tried do convert succesfully though.

• No complaints on my end!

Excellent! smiley

th3Digit said:

I had to kill it in taskmanager14 hours later ...

Octane render was loading every item on my graphics card

renamed the octane dll to .bak on the end and continuing much faster now

it did at least keep my info and just checked the items not yet done

about 200 of 950

That is strange interaction.  But a good data point for people.  Thanks for sharing.