[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Hi, RiverSoftArt

I got your script to work wonderfully when I first bought it and converted quite a few of my G2 clothing to G8, however now when I've gotten a bit more time to convert the rest of my G2 clothing I can't get the script to work. I load a G8 character into a new scene and try to run the script and I get an error message. It says "An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details." The file log says:

Failed to load script: F:/Daz New Content Database/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/RSSY Clothing Converter G2F to G8F.dse

Can you help me with this? 

I've tried restarting Daz Studio twice. And have tried using both the base Genesis 8 Female and when that didn't work I tried by loading the dev Genesis 8 Female. I also tried loading another random G8F character and it doesn't work on that either.

I have Daz Studio Version 4.11.0.196 Pro Edition (64 bit) Public Build  - if that helps.

• Hi, RiverSoftArt

I got your script to work wonderfully when I first bought it and converted quite a few of my G2 clothing to G8, however now when I've gotten a bit more time to convert the rest of my G2 clothing I can't get the script to work. I load a G8 character into a new scene and try to run the script and I get an error message. It says "An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details." The file log says:

Failed to load script: F:/Daz New Content Database/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/RSSY Clothing Converter G2F to G8F.dse

Can you help me with this? 

I've tried restarting Daz Studio twice. And have tried using both the base Genesis 8 Female and when that didn't work I tried by loading the dev Genesis 8 Female. I also tried loading another random G8F character and it doesn't work on that either.

I have Daz Studio Version 4.11.0.196 Pro Edition (64 bit) Public Build  - if that helps.

Fire me a PM with your email and we will try to work it out.

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577
    edited January 2019

Yep, same problem here. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the product. No change. I'm using 4.10.0.123.

Post edited by Esemwy on
  • Esemwy said:

Yep, same problem here. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the product. No change. I'm using 4.10.0.123.

It looks like I encrypted the main script wrong.  Send me a PM with your email and I will send it to you.  If it works for you, I will submit an update tomorrow.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Esemwy said:

It looks like I encrypted the main script wrong.  Send me a PM with your email and I will send it to you.  If it works for you, I will submit an update tomorrow.

The updated G2F to G8F converter script you sent me works great! Thank you for the super quick fix! <3

• Esemwy said:

The updated G2F to G8F converter script you sent me works great! Thank you for the super quick fix! <3

You're welcome.  Now that I have confirmed the solution, I will submit the update to Daz.

• I've downloaded the script, it doesn't work. The updates last week broke both the converters 2-8 and 3-8 on one of my machines. The other without the update works just fine. Anyway to get the old version?

• IgIg Posts: 30
    edited January 2019

Hi RiverSoftArt,

I've converted about 70 G2F clothing products and most are working fine. I can see the G8F versions in Content Library, but I am not seeing any of them in Smart Content so am obviously doing something wrong.

I used the output directory suggested in the manual - Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Genesis 8\Female\Clothing\ and added this to the content directories in Preferences. My main content library is installed at Documents\DAZ 3D\IgsLibrary. Am I missing a step to get the Smart Content? Thanks.

[Edited] Ok I found it under Saved Files>Local User. Seems I was looking in the wrong place as I expected to see it under Wardrobe. It's a great product - thanks!

Post edited by Ig on
  • I've downloaded the script, it doesn't work. The updates last week broke both the converters 2-8 and 3-8 on one of my machines. The other without the update works just fine. Anyway to get the old version?

The G2F -> G8F was broken by the update.  I have already submitted a patch to Daz to fix that.  The others all work IF you update all of converters.  Only updating some will cause problems.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    edited January 2019
    Ig said:

Hi RiverSoftArt,

I've converted about 70 G2F clothing products and most are working fine. I can see the G8F versions in Content Library, but I am not seeing any of them in Smart Content so am obviously doing something wrong.

I used the output directory suggested in the manual - Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Genesis 8\Female\Clothing\ and added this to the content directories in Preferences. My main content library is installed at Documents\DAZ 3D\IgsLibrary. Am I missing a step to get the Smart Content? Thanks.

Smart Content can be tricky.  If you are using the Filter, some of the terms you may have been able to use on G2F like directory names will not work on the converted G8F.  Make sure you type a word in the actual name of the preset.   Also the converted clothes are categorized exactly like the original.  I have sometimes searched for something in wardrobe and then eventually realized it is not in there.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I've downloaded the script, it doesn't work. The updates last week broke both the converters 2-8 and 3-8 on one of my machines. The other without the update works just fine. Anyway to get the old version?

The G2F -> G8F was broken by the update.  I have already submitted a patch to Daz to fix that.  The others all work IF you update all of converters.  Only updating some will cause problems.

Is the update that breaks the converter the one from Jan 17?  it is sitting in my updates in DIM, just wondering if I should go ahead and install it or wait for new one. 

• Kharma said:

I've downloaded the script, it doesn't work. The updates last week broke both the converters 2-8 and 3-8 on one of my machines. The other without the update works just fine. Anyway to get the old version?

Is the update that breaks the converter the one from Jan 17?  it is sitting in my updates in DIM, just wondering if I should go ahead and install it or wait for new one. 

Yes, hold off on that.  You should see an update in a few days.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Kharma said:

OK thanks for the quick reply!

• Kharma said:
    Kharma said:

OK thanks for the quick reply!

No problem! smiley

• IgIg Posts: 30
    Ig said:

Hi RiverSoftArt,

Smart Content can be tricky.  If you are using the Filter, some of the terms you may have been able to use on G2F like directory names will not work on the converted G8F.  Make sure you type a word in the actual name of the preset.   Also the converted clothes are categorized exactly like the original.  I have sometimes searched for something in wardrobe and then eventually realized it is not in there.

Thanks for your reply. I realised my mistake - I've always used the Products tab in Smart Content. When I switched to Files, I found all the converted clothes under Wardrobe. :) It's a great product and I'm going to buy some of the others now.

• Ig said:
    Ig said:

Hi RiverSoftArt,

Thanks for your reply. I realised my mistake - I've always used the Products tab in Smart Content. When I switched to Files, I found all the converted clothes under Wardrobe. :) It's a great product and I'm going to buy some of the others now.

You're welcome!  That was the other thing I forgot to mention.  The products part is lost.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158
    Ig said:
    Ig said:

Hi RiverSoftArt,

You're welcome!  That was the other thing I forgot to mention.  The products part is lost.

They do (sort-of) turn up in the Products list  - they are inside the "Local User" product - if you expand that they'll all be there.

• MelanieL said:
    Ig said:
    Ig said:

Hi RiverSoftArt,

They do (sort-of) turn up in the Products list  - they are inside the "Local User" product - if you expand that they'll all be there.

Yes, but at this point the Local User Product is HUGE!  smiley

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158
    MelanieL said:
    Ig said:
    Ig said:

Hi RiverSoftArt,

Yes, but at this point the Local User Product is HUGE!  smiley

Sounds like you've done a lots of Converting! (Which is no surprise) Mine is only at 850 items but is growing quite quickly too. You can use the search box to drill down to some extent.

I've been considering creating "products" for the converted clothing but I'm not ready to get into that just yet. Has anyone had a go at that yet?

Meantime I'm happy using Content Library, where the conversions are listed by the original folder names which are (most of the time) suitably meaningful.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,820
    Kharma said:

There's an update for both of the Genesis 2 converters with a package date of 1/24/2019. Will that be this new update, or is there a later one we should wait for?

• vwrangler said:
    Kharma said:

There's an update for both of the Genesis 2 converters with a package date of 1/24/2019. Will that be this new update, or is there a later one we should wait for?

I submitted the fix on 1/24 and Daz hasn't tested it yet.  So that is the broken update.

• The update is live in the store.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,820

The update is live in the store.

I think they may need to give the download servers a kick or something. I just downloaded both via DIM and manually. The DIM download still showed a package date of 1/24; for the manual download, the "last modified" dates for files inside the zip are all 1/23.

• vwrangler said:

The update is live in the store.

I think they may need to give the download servers a kick or something. I just downloaded both via DIM and manually. The DIM download still showed a package date of 1/24; for the manual download, the "last modified" dates for files inside the zip are all 1/23.

Weird.  I got the automated message that it was live in store.  Wait a day until the servers refresh.

• I don't know if this is an issue with the converter or if I'm doing this wrong...

I have several Genesis 2 clothing items from rendo which for some reason shipped as type scene_subset, so Converter understandably doesn't handle them. They are real clothing items, though, with rigging and morphs and such, they just have to be explicitly fit to G2 to use.

So my best guess as to the process to get this converted is to load G2, load the item, fit the item, and save as a wearable? This seems like it's doing the right thing, but when I then try to add the file in Converter, the log says: 'SKIPPING "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file' and doesn't give a reason why it's skipping.

Any idea what the right way to do this is, if there is one?

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

What I do is load G2 ,load the item ,fit ,the item ,then save as a support asset ,"follower-wardrobe- (whatever the item is) then remove G2 , reload G8 ,then load thee file in the coverter and try again.......

• sean2_7606d08833sean2_7606d08833 Posts: 40
    edited March 2019

That's what I was originally going to try, but which category of support asset? None of them sound like clothing.

Edit: Oh, as type Figure/Prop, got it. It works, thanks carrie!

Post edited by sean2_7606d08833 on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372

That's what I was originally going to try, but which category of support asset? None of them sound like clothing.

Edit: Oh, as type Figure/Prop, got it. It works, thanks carrie!

Thanks @carrie58 for your support help! smiley

I am glad you got it to work @sean2_7606d08833

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited March 2019

My pleasure glad to be able to helpsmiley

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • greysgreys Posts: 335
    edited April 2019

I've run into a bit of an odd one, and it's probably down to the item in question but I figured I'd check in just in case anyone else has run into this or has thoughts on a fix.

The item in question is The Victorian Gown for G2F by shifting_images (The rest of their items converted over flawlessly and the textures look gorgeous in iray with minimal fuss if anyone's looking for recs). The skirt converts excellently, but the sleeves on the top have split into floating layers for some reason. I've tried both the bodysuit and coat conformers without success, along with posing G8F in the G2F pose prior to conversion and dialing in the G2F clone on the offchance.

It's easy enough to hide the floating geometry with the geometry editor if need be, but if anyone has any thoughts on this let me know!

Edit: regular autofit produced the expected result, but leaving this here for information.

VictorianGownError.PNG
    639 x 872 - 443K
    VictorianGownAutofit.PNG
    614 x 898 - 626K
    Post edited by greys on