[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• Comets said:

Oh man, having started with gen 8 I have been studiously ignoring older stuff like gen 2 until now. This is too handy to pass up. Now to figure out how to convert clothing textures to iray, Thanks for another great product.

You're welcome!  I am in somewhat the same boat as I started using Daz with G3.  Now I look at some older clothing much differently!  laugh

• I did a quick test with the Hipster Librarian outfit to see the difference between manual conversion via clones and script conversion. I'm pleased that the script conversion gave much better results.

Manual conversion via clones (weird under-arm area):

Conversion via this RSSY Clothing Converter script:

I had to turn smoothing up on both of them to minimize poke-through and used "tighten all" on the script converted clothing. The script converted outfit come out much better, imo. '

It will be great to be able to use most of my G2F clothing with my G8F characters! Thanks for the great product!

You're welcome!  Thanks @Divamakeup for the comparison!  That will be helpful to others.  You should try high-heels laugh

• calvincze said:

Hello, I attempted to convert Miss Fisher's Fabulous Dress but the result seems to be a bunch of bounding boxes: 

The other G2 dresses I've tried do convert succesfully though.

This happens when Daz cannot find some files.  I don't know why that would happen with this script though.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,868

No complaints on my end!

Excellent! smiley

th3Digit said:

I had to kill it in taskmanager14 hours later ...

Octane render was loading every item on my graphics card

renamed the octane dll to .bak on the end and continuing much faster now

it did at least keep my info and just checked the items not yet done

about 200 of 950

That is strange interaction.  But a good data point for people.  Thanks for sharing.

its a drawback of OrDS 2 that affects many things, it cannot  be stopped, paused or shut down, the Carrara one can, it's paused by default, if I recall the Poser demo was too, the previous developer of the DAZ studio one did a halfarsed job then quit.

I have no idea if the Octane 3 plugin is better but don't intend updating even though I prefer it to iray, too much money, I do have Octane 3 and the Carrara plugin and love both.

only way to shut it down is to disable the dll by removing it temporarily or renaming the extension, I wish I had some script to do that when needed

had I realised prior to running the batch conversion it loads every item in the scene I would have taken measures 

your script is fine, its just something I must bear in mind in future, takes only a minute to find  and rename that dll or move it, then restart DAZ studio.

only problem I now have is those unposed posed feet that I must go through and redo sometime probably when the script is updated, its not many but they exist.

• Reggie68Reggie68 Posts: 17
    edited October 2018

Had some great results even on clothes I've manually transferred from V4 to G2F, here's the but...

I find that the conversions of bikini bottoms and panties is a lot looser than bikini tops and bras. To the point where I'll probably end up doing the transfer manually.

Here for example is the Aery Soul Alphakini Pantie, I found the G2F Cheerleader panties did the same thing.

Alphakini.jpg
    800 x 600 - 142K
    Post edited by Reggie68 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,868

yes I had to use the added fix morphs on every set of panties 

might just autofit those with my clones instead 

• th3Digit said:

No complaints on my end!

Excellent! smiley

th3Digit said:

I had to kill it in taskmanager14 hours later ...

Octane render was loading every item on my graphics card

renamed the octane dll to .bak on the end and continuing much faster now

it did at least keep my info and just checked the items not yet done

about 200 of 950

That is strange interaction.  But a good data point for people.  Thanks for sharing.

its a drawback of OrDS 2 that affects many things, it cannot  be stopped, paused or shut down, the Carrara one can, it's paused by default, if I recall the Poser demo was too, the previous developer of the DAZ studio one did a halfarsed job then quit.

I have no idea if the Octane 3 plugin is better but don't intend updating even though I prefer it to iray, too much money, I do have Octane 3 and the Carrara plugin and love both.

only way to shut it down is to disable the dll by removing it temporarily or renaming the extension, I wish I had some script to do that when needed

had I realised prior to running the batch conversion it loads every item in the scene I would have taken measures 

your script is fine, its just something I must bear in mind in future, takes only a minute to find  and rename that dll or move it, then restart DAZ studio.

only problem I now have is those unposed posed feet that I must go through and redo sometime probably when the script is updated, its not many but they exist.

Ah!  Thank you for explaining.  I do not have Octane.

• Reggie68 said:

Had some great results even on clothes I've manually transferred from V4 to G2F, here's the but...

I find that the conversions of bikini bottoms and panties is a lot looser than bikini tops and bras. To the point where I'll probably end up doing the transfer manually.

Here for example is the Aery Soul Alphakini Pantie, I found the G2F Cheerleader panties did the same thing.

th3Digit said:

Thank you for the feedback.  I will mention that to Sickleyield.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 960
    edited October 2018
    I'm really excited to see the results. I put it on last night and woke up to it stopped on an error, so I'm really regretting not enabling 'Continue through errors' :)
    Post edited by evacyn on
  • evacyn said:
    I'm really excited to see the results. I put it on last night and woke up to it stopped on an error, so I'm really regretting not enabling 'Continue through errors' :)

LOL laugh  Yes, if you want to crank through your wardrobe, you need to let it continue on errors!

• CometsComets Posts: 87

Success! This is Mech4D's Vampire Huntress converted to G8. I chose a more challanging pose to test the outfit. The jacket didn't work because of the sharp twist at the hip, but I'm a novice so I imagine anyone more experienced with daz could make it conform.  Otherwise it works brilliantly and it the script was pretty easy to use.

• Reggie68 said:

th3Digit said:

As I should have remembered, it was just a matter of balancing competing clothing needs.  Since bikinis/panties are some of the easiest things to auto-fit, they were not considered as high a priority as other clothing items.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    edited October 2018
    Reggie68 said:

th3Digit said:

As I should have remembered, it was just a matter of balancing competing clothing needs.  Since bikinis/panties are some of the easiest things to auto-fit, they were not considered as high a priority as other clothing items.

Comets said:

Success! This is Mech4D's Vampire Huntress converted to G8. I chose a more challanging pose to test the outfit. The jacket didn't work because of the sharp twist at the hip, but I'm a novice so I imagine anyone more experienced with daz could make it conform.  Otherwise it works brilliantly and it the script was pretty easy to use.

Really nice!  Thank you for sharing it with others.

BTW, did you try the coat conformer with the jacket?  That may do better, and then you will have extra bones to pose the coat.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

BTW, did you try the coat conformer with the jacket?  That may do better, and then you will have extra bones to pose the coat.

Can't recall, was that under the parameters tab? I just poked and prodded at the morphs under the parameters tab for the jacket, and also tried the bones of the jacket. I'm sure with more time and patience it is doable. I'll give it another try tomorrow. The jacket fits just fine in less twisty poses.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    edited October 2018
    Comets said:

Can't recall, was that under the parameters tab? I just poked and prodded at the morphs under the parameters tab for the jacket, and also tried the bones of the jacket. I'm sure with more time and patience it is doable. I'll give it another try tomorrow. The jacket fits just fine in less twisty poses.

No, in the clothing file list of the script, there is a conformers column.  If you double-click the row of the jacket item, you can change which conformer is used and then reconvert.  Once it is converted, there are extra bones for the jacket to bend, twist, etc.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I did a quick test with the Hipster Librarian outfit to see the difference between manual conversion via clones and script conversion. I'm pleased that the script conversion gave much better results.

I had to turn smoothing up on both of them to minimize poke-through and used "tighten all" on the script converted clothing. The script converted outfit come out much better, imo. '

It will be great to be able to use most of my G2F clothing with my G8F characters! Thanks for the great product!

You're welcome!  Thanks @Divamakeup for the comparison!  That will be helpful to others.  You should try high-heels laugh

Sadly I've not had any luck with high-heels (though flat shoes convert pretty well I think). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried running the script on the figure flat-footed and I've tried running it on the figure after posing the feet to a high-heeled pose with the included foot pose script. In both cases the shoes looked the same and didn't fit on the figure. I've tried several different high heels. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

• Reggie68 said:

th3Digit said:

They have a major issue when using autofit as some of material gets weight mapped to the thigh which causes a lot of distortion when the legs are apart. So to get them to work correctly for certain poses, you have to edit the weight map. Not so easy.

• Comets said:

No, in the clothing file list of the script, there is a conformers column.  If you double-click the row of the jacket item, you can change which conformer is used and then reconvert.

Reggie68 said:
    Reggie68 said:

th3Digit said:

They have a major issue when using autofit as some of material gets weight mapped to the thigh which causes a lot of distortion when the legs are apart. So to get them to work correctly for certain poses, you have to edit the weight map. Not so easy.

Then I would use the Tighten All morph with the converted panties

• I did a quick test with the Hipster Librarian outfit to see the difference between manual conversion via clones and script conversion. I'm pleased that the script conversion gave much better results.

Sadly I've not had any luck with high-heels (though flat shoes convert pretty well I think). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried running the script on the figure flat-footed and I've tried running it on the figure after posing the feet to a high-heeled pose with the included foot pose script. In both cases the shoes looked the same and didn't fit on the figure. I've tried several different high heels. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Can you post an picture of when you are posing the heels?

• Product seems to work well for me, except high heel shoes end up being crescents that don't work.  Flat shoes and everything else seems good.  I haven't tried posing the figure with the high heel pose before running the script.  Is that the trick?

I'd like an option to delete the end result, for the cases it didn't work right, and I'm not able to fix it.  I've deleted them from their folder where they were made, but then I get a broken link in smart content.

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610
    edited October 2018

That was fun!

RAWR!.jpg
    700 x 1300 - 306K
    Post edited by Lyoness on

Ha, love that hat, well done.

I tried the coat again with better success and learned something about smoothing modifiers which helped immensely. I changed the conformer to dress - there was no option for a coat conformer. The conformer options were bodysuit, dress, cape and loincloth. I tested cape but of course the arms blew off. Dress was the best option. Took some fiddling but overall happy I can use this jacket.

• Product seems to work well for me, except high heel shoes end up being crescents that don't work.  Flat shoes and everything else seems good.  I haven't tried posing the figure with the high heel pose before running the script.  Is that the trick?

I'd like an option to delete the end result, for the cases it didn't work right, and I'm not able to fix it.  I've deleted them from their folder where they were made, but then I get a broken link in smart content.

You should be doing something similar to this:

The video has an early version of Foot Poser but it is basically the same.

• Lyoness said:

That was fun!

Nice!  That looks fantastic! (and it looks like high heels?)

• Comets said:

I tried the coat again with better success and learned something about smoothing modifiers which helped immensely. I changed the conformer to dress - there was no option for a coat conformer. The conformer options were bodysuit, dress, cape and loincloth. I tested cape but of course the arms blew off. Dress was the best option. Took some fiddling but overall happy I can use this jacket.

Ah!  My bad.  The coat conformer is coming in an update.  I forgot about that.  I am glad it works now for you.

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610
    Lyoness said:

That was fun!

sadly, that outfit didn't come with shoes.  Those are g8f native shoes.

• Lyoness said:
    Lyoness said:

That was fun!

sadly, that outfit didn't come with shoes.  Those are g8f native shoes.

Ah.  Ok, thanks.

• cobraridgecobraridge Posts: 44
    edited October 2018

Regarding high heels:  Watched the video.  Seems like I need to Unselect Use Foot Pose if Available, and Select Use Foot Dialog.

The script doesn't give me the step where you get to adjust the foot pose angle to fit the shoe.  Instead I get an error message:  File Not Found... Foot Poser.dse could not be found.

It proceeds, and the high heel doesn't fit.

Note, I only have this one product.  Maybe the g3f to g8f product supplies the Foot Poser.dse, and the g2f to g8f product does not?  Just a guess.

Asside:  the G2F maidapron now fits better on G8F than it ever did on G2F.  The added pose morphs help a lot.

Post edited by cobraridge on
  • Regarding high heels:  Watched the video.  Seems like I need to Unselect Use Foot Pose if Available, and Select Use Foot Dialog.

The script doesn't give me the step where you get to adjust the foot pose angle to fit the shoe.  Instead I get an error message:  File Not Found... Foot Poser.dse could not be found.

It proceeds, and the high heel doesn't fit.

Note, I only have this one product.  Maybe the g3f to g8f product supplies the Foot Poser.dse, and the g2f to g8f product does not?  Just a guess.

Asside:  the G2F maidapron now fits better on G8F than it ever did on G2F.  The added pose morphs help a lot.

Daz accidentally renamed the "Foot Poser.dse" to "RSSY Clothing Converter Foot Poser.dse".  Until they get an update out, you need to rename it back.