FirstBastion Sightings [Commercial] sort of

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

Yeah, very nice.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,484
    edited December 2016

There are some EPIC renders in this thread. Nothing of mine comes close to the master level of some of these, but here's a favorite FB product render.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Greybro said:

There are some EPIC renders in this thread. Nothing of mine comes close to the master level of some of these, but here's a favorite FB product render.

I always enjoy seeing these,  thank you for posting it. 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,368

I was running a quick contest in my upcoming PA thread and there were quite a few entries that deserve "sightings"  attention so I'll showcase a few.  This post apocalyptic mayhem of a road race titled "DesertDrag" by xyer0 has so much going on,  make sure you take a gander at it full size and check out all the interactions with the characters.  Set on the Ambush Alley Roadway,  the jackrabbit scrambling to get out of the way is brilliant. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,591

..that is good.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

This scene shows 7 of 8 SUV models from your 1stBastion's Oncoming Traffic: Lo-Poly SUV. I decreased the opacity in several of the windows so you can see the drivers. It's nice to have a variety of special-purpose vehicles to use on the streets. Click on the image for a larger version.

• JackReasonJackReason Posts: 144
    edited January 2017

Walk Across Water.

I like both of those.  Thank you.

Saw this cool render by WarLoc in the Daz Gallery titled, Dragon Encounter,  set on the precarious Halfway Up the Mountain environment set.  

edited February 2017

This one is still growing.

Post edited by Greybro on

An amazing number of characters.  Can't wait to see how many you can get in there. 

edited February 2017

My first try doing a 360 spherical render and I used Mid Forest Vale as the setting. This was rendered using camera 20. You can see it here. You can also load the url into your phone's browser to take a look around. Mid Forest Vale is a lovely setting for this as you are surrounded by the hills. I'll have to do more of these.

EDIT: A higher res version of same scene with different sky.

Post edited by RGcincy on
  • RGcincy said:

My first try doing a 360 spherical render and I used Mid Forest Vale as the setting.

The second one definitely brings out the intensity of the colors.  You did a great job on these!  I really like the potential to have a look around.

RGcincy said:

My first try doing a 360 spherical render and I used Mid Forest Vale as the setting. This was rendered using camera 20. You can see it here. You can also load the url into your phone's browser to take a look around. Mid Forest Vale is a lovely setting for this as you are surrounded by the hills. I'll have to do more of these.

...all I am getting is a black rectangle.

kyoto kid said:
    ...all I am getting is a black rectangle.

From 2VR.in?

...yes.  When I go to their gallery page I can see the thumbnails of other photos but not the actual single image you linked to.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited February 2017

I saw the image in Firefox on my Win 7 PC. Beautiful image. 3Delight or iRay? I love how the Forest Vale renders in 3Delight! Did this last night in 3Delight,,,,

ToonGen2-MidForestVale.jpg
    556 x 900 - 139K
    Post edited by Spit on

...wow that looks really good. 

Thanks, Kid!

...3DL may have been thrown to the back of the bus because of Iray, but it is stil extremely capable of creating some very good images.

I really love the detail and the lighting. There is a nice sense of depth to this without having to resort to DOF.

edited February 2017
    Spit said:

I saw the image in Firefox on my Win 7 PC. Beautiful image. 3Delight or iRay? I love how the Forest Vale renders in 3Delight! Did this last night in 3Delight,,,,

Thanks Spit great render! 

I do try to make the sets work in both renderers as best as possible.

RGcincy 2VR photos are Iray,  he found a feature in the Iray camera in Daz Studio 4.9 that generates spherical mapped images.  Very cool.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited February 2017

kyoto kid said:

...yes.  When I go to their gallery page I can see the thumbnails of other photos but not the actual single image you linked to.

Looking at the source code, it calls javascript, iframes, and a viewer - could be a problem with one of those perhaps?

Spit said:

I love how the Forest Vale renders in 3Delight! Did this last night in 3Delight,,,,

Nice! I like the 3DL renders too and appreciate the vendors who do both.

kyoto kid said:

...3DL may have been thrown to the back of the bus because of Iray, but it is stil extremely capable of creating some very good images.

I really love the detail and the lighting. There is a nice sense of depth to this without having to resort to DOF.

Thanks again. You're right about 3DL. It may take a bit longer to set up the lighting but not here b/c it's included, simple, and balanced. I only adjusted the shadow offset and upped the shading rate a bit (32 I think here) to speed it up a bit.

@First Bastion Thanks and thank you for the work you did on the 3DL version. Thrilled to death with it. The whole set is just perfect.

@RGcincy Thanks. I really appreciate it too. I rarely touch iRay now. CPU-only and with a 5 yo i5 it gets too frustrating for me.

Would Cave Waters One be a good candidate for an IRay upgrade? I'm grabbing it in today's sale regardless since it's one of those niche filling items I'm often looked at.

• Here's a poor contribution I did

At The Old Cabin.png
    1914 x 989 - 3M
  • Here's a poor contribution I did

Actually,  I like how you tied the skydome's distant trees into the horizon and that boat is the perfect height for the dock.  I had planned to do a motor boat or float plane promo tied at the dock just ran out of time.  Thank you for posting this. 

Greybro said:

Would Cave Waters One be a good candidate for an IRay upgrade? I'm grabbing it in today's sale regardless since it's one of those niche filling items I'm often looked at.

There is a cave water two in the works,  and is using similar textures,  so yes it will get an update. 

• I spotted another one of those cool  360 degree VR type spherical photo by RGcincy, this time of my Lakeside Cabin and Dock. It is very immersive to be able to pan around an image like this. http://www.2vr.in/V-U06

Make sure you check out his  RGcincy 360 thread  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/147701/have-a-look-around-360-renders/p1

it also includes a quick tutorial on how to make these using DazStudio 4.9 and Iray

lakesidecabinVR.jpg
    542 x 442 - 85K