"why is it always "Dad" who is the moron?wink"

I'm a dad and I know myself :)

Post edited by RGcincy on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,368
    edited October 2015
    RGcincy said:

There yah go,  I'm one too,  but I'd like to think we dads get it right sometimes,   blush

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    RGcincy said:

There yah go,  I'm one too,  but I'd like to think we dads get it right sometimes,   blush

I do my level best. Don't always make it, but I'm nowhere near as much miss as the average sitcom dad. Those guys are idiots.

• Ok FB I'll contribute a little since I just saw this thread lol.  Did this one a few days ago and I must say Fred & Sabby's girls (l to r: Livia, Hannah & Mina) love the Secluded Shoreline.  Ok so do I haha.  Sun and Sky Only setting in Iray, dropped the horizon some so the fade to grey went away, added the Iray Uber to the entire environment, the water preset that comes with Daz modified with one of Stonemason's normal maps for the waves and adjusted the vertical and horizontal tiles a bit.  Someone left a comment in my gallery that the skin is too plastic looking but I swear all I did was try to give them a damp look lol.  I do agree though.  I need to experiment more & search more about a natural wet-damp look for g3f.  Oh well.

Sunny Days.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

tattooedillusions- looks good. It's hard to get wet skin, the sheen can be tricky. I haven't tried it in Iray, even though I've bought some products to help with wet skin.  I bought Hannah when she first came out. Secluded Shoreline is a neat set!

Last day to vote in FirstSebastian's co-sponsored contest, everyone please do so. (see signature)  The contest is really close! I was working with his mall to do a sample render but kept getting sidetracked- but I love that mall because you get so many great looks by simply rotating the camera around. The stairs going from the second story to the first makes a nice scene, then you also have the Cinema in the background, and all the large stores. Definitely take a look at it! 

• Thanks Novica!  I have the Drips n Drops product but the last couple of times I tried to use it didn't go so well.  The time before last it just wasn't autofitting right so there would be drips through the air and the last time I did it they rendered dark like moles.  Guess I could've tried it again but was in a rush. 

I need to get that mall yet.  It does look pretty sweet. 

edited October 2015

I saw this today in the DAZ galleries.  Its an image by LaMuserie wishing everyone in the neighborhood a happy Halloween,  My Modern Bungalows fill up the background along with one of Stonemason's Urban towers.  The deep rich color tones make it stand out. http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/92458/

happy-halloween-_730_auto_main.jpg
    730 x 1041 - 276K

The bungalows look really good. Happy Halloween to everyone! We're about to get the rain here in Pensacola, from the same front that whammed Texas and Louisiana with those tornadic cells this morning. It's died down now though. 

The Urban Tower looks good in the background, set the distance and gave it depth. And can never have enough bungalows!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited November 2015
    cosmo71 said:

I remember that I have wrote a suggestion for an old gas station a while ago in the product suggestion and now there it is and really close to what I wanted and so here is my first render, hope you like it.

Cosmo, I really like your render of the gas station with the added trees! Gives it a pleasant, Saturday afternoon feel. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited November 2015

I recently got two additional FirstBastion's sets. Last Chance Gas Station and 1950's Era Motel.

edited December 2015

Always fun to spot a "sighting"  Todays is in the DAZ Gallery , a very cinenmatic epic image of archers in battle being lead into battle by a brave and fearless leader,    Smilla's Challenge by Ravensnest  http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/97520/ ; .  Really good use of my Recurve bow and associated archer poses.   Its a very dynamic shot.   See it full size in the gallery.

smillas-challenge_730_auto.jpg
    730 x 351 - 79K

I saw this image by Knaakie in the DAZ Gallery titled "Use your own hooves"  Really like the sense of depth,  looks like he put a High Cliff Crossing in the foreground and another in the background,  making it look twice as large.  See it full size on the gallery page,  and read the description its very inventive. 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/103369

• frogimusfrogimus Posts: 200

Amazing thread. Your sets have caught my attention at times, but seeing them in such varied uses really sells them.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

Slowly but surely I have nearly all you environments in my content, and yes, thanks for the good and hard work :)

edited January 2016

Great image Etrigan! The effort you put in making each of the horses unique really paid off. There's lots of little details that make it a compelling image to look at.  Thank you for posting it. 

I have a suggestion, can you pleace create a stony grass environment or texture update for ambush alley and land of the ice cold sun (for 3Delight)?

Post edited by cosmo71 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,591
    edited January 2016

..wasn't sure if it was OK to post your own here.

Did this a while back.  Used three instances of Rolling Plains: one for the beach in the foreground, one for the hills across the bay, and the third for the beach across the bay.

Rolling plains and Hilly Surround are probably my most used props.

Leela Swimsuit Final.jpg
    1250 x 1400 - 1M
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:

..wasn't sure if it was OK to post your own here.

Did this a while back.  Used three instances of Rolling Plains: one for the beach in the foreground, one for the hills across the bay, and the third for the beach across the bay.

Rolling plains and Hilly Surround are probably my most used props.

You're always welcomed to post.  And thank for showing the Hills and Plains in use.  That's exactly how I hoped they'd get used.  You have an idea in mind,   you toss in a few of these landscape props,  move them around till the composition feels right,  and the result,  a totally orginal background scene for your characters. 

frogimus said:

Amazing thread. Your sets have caught my attention at times, but seeing them in such varied uses really sells them.

Thanks.  Though I try to convey some potential uses in the promo images,  seeing these sets used through the mind's eye of other artists really help showcase them.  

I have a suggestion, can you pleace create a stony grass environment or texture update for ambush alley and land of the ice cold sun (for 3Delight)?

I have a new one in the works.   

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

First Bastion

Ì seldom pay much attention to the things I use so feel free to post any of my images on here which shows your products. I tend to kit batch things quite a bit :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

Using the Walkway from A Walk Across Water http://www.daz3d.com/a-walk-across-water in Iray 

full size http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/103158

edited February 2016

Szark I like your Castle.  Very cinematic!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

Thanks

Can hardly wait to see your tunnel used. Looks like a wonderful product!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

Can hardly wait to see your tunnel used. Looks like a wonderful product!

Doesn't it? It went into my wishlist immediately. I'd have bought it instead, if I had the $.

As FirstBastion says it's okay to post our own images, here's one I did not too long ago, totally tongue-in-cheek. I don't think the vision would have worked without a great background, and High Cliff Crossing was perfect.

I Love My Job

I Love My Job, by L'Adair

• frogimusfrogimus Posts: 200

That looks quite painful.

• JackReasonJackReason Posts: 144
    edited February 2016
    Post edited by JackReason on
    Szark said:

Using the Walkway from A Walk Across Water http://www.daz3d.com/a-walk-across-water in Iray 

full size http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/103158

great image mr.Szark

fantastic lighting on the old watering hole

edited February 2016

There's some great images added,  thank you. 

edited February 2016

I've been working on another waterhole.