FirstBastion Sightings [Commercial] sort of

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,367
    edited July 2016

I saw this particulrly dynamic Western "Stagecoach" themed image in the Daz gallery this morning by Pengus McPengus  racing through the dust of Ambush Alley.  The horse poses really help sell the sense of action along with the dust tearing up off the wheels.   

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/185061/

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,156
    edited July 2016

Does a animations count as a FirstBastion sighting?

I did this animation a month or so ago.  that had used 3 of your environments sets. in it .

Divided Highway

Traffic Tunnel.

Blast Bunker for the tunnel entrance and exit. plus I used FirstBastion props from other sets as well in this film..  it was fun to make and I really thank you helping me get this off the ground.

Please enjoy the film :) PS: I just bought the SUV props when i seen them released.   I can't wait to use them in a new project, once i get done the one i'm on

Epic Street Race (Animated)

Watch along this exciting (Animated) winner take all "Epic Street Race" in Los Angeles City.
    An Ivy Summers animated short.
    Created & Rendered with Daz Studio Pro. http://www.Daz3d.com

Film Credits and copyrights
    http://www.ivysdomain.com/Site_policy...

Post edited by Ivy on

Absolutely counts as a sighting.  That's an impressive street race Ivy.  Thank you for adding it.

• I saw this image titled Mech Warrior by Angel Wings in the Daz Gallery using the Scifi- NorthernExtent environment.  Comtemplative image.  Check it out full size in the gallery. 

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,797

sadly I couldn't find it in the gallery, but it looks really good!

• Linwelly said:

You can find it here

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

Because of this thread I got FB's morphing terrain. I wasn't familiar with your products, but now I have more than one in my wishlist ;). Great art in here :).

Laurie

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,797
    Linwelly said:

You can find it here

Thanks for pointing it out, its really great.

• Saw this sepia toned retro render title Hollywood or Bust  by Lucky Dice Kustoms,  using the 1950's Motel.  Some really cool custom cars thrown into the mix as well.  See it full size in the DAZ  gallery.  Amazing what a little greyscale can do to bring out the nostalgia.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/212911

• AllenArt said:

Because of this thread I got FB's morphing terrain. I wasn't familiar with your products, but now I have more than one in my wishlist ;). Great art in here :).

Laurie

Nice of you to say.  Thank you!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I just want to say how much I love the Lo-Poly SUV. Please, please, please, First Bastion, make more vehicles in the Oncoming Traffic line!

Here's an image I created for Zev0's Aging Morphs contest. The SUV in the background really adds to the realism of the "photo"... Thank you First Bastion!

Grampa at the Folly, by L'Adair

And if you're interested, that is the "Nondescript Dark" version with a dark green metallic car paint shader on the three material zones that comprise the body. Everything else is out-of-the-box. For a closer look, a larger image can be found in the Gallery here.

L'Adair said:

I just want to say how much I love the Lo-Poly SUV. Please, please, please, First Bastion, make more vehicles in the Oncoming Traffic line!

Here's an image I created for Zev0's Aging Morphs contest. The SUV in the background really adds to the realism of the "photo"... Thank you First Bastion!

And if you're interested, that is the "Nondescript Dark" version with a dark green metallic car paint shader on the three material zones that comprise the body. Everything else is out-of-the-box. For a closer look, a larger image can be found in the Gallery here.

Excellent!  that's exactly how I hoped it'd get put to use L'Adair. Thank you for mentioning how the body can easily accept any shader. 

btw gramps sure does look like Robert Duvall. 

edited October 2016

I saw this image this moring in the DAZ gallery by GLWoodard title Roland Underground .  The grainy FX works well on this as the car races through Tunnel Traffic and the light reflect off the various surfaces. 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/227051/

• a-sennova-sennov Posts: 331

Why didn't I notice this thread before? :)

Animation is here: https://vimeo.com/130682875 (no nekkid girls here, Richard :) )

I have to say I like your cinematic storytelling style.  Both with this, Battalion, and Sleepy at Megryan in the other thread  you bring a lot of emotional impact with your characters.  Its in the reactions and emotions of the protangonist that a story gets told,  and to get an audience caring to know what happens next is the most important goal. It's difficult to do with real life actors,  and even more challenging with animated ones.  But here,  you hit all the right beats with story exposition. Your animated characters are "acting"  We're engaged in the story and want to know what's happening next.  Good stuff.  

• a-sennova-sennov Posts: 331

Battalion was too large and ambitious so I've decided to take it by smaller steps called Episodes and them by even smaller steps called Chapters. The scenes above gave birth to several chapters in my current project, plus you'll see a lot of your mountains and Blast Bunker too :)

• Saw this promo image in the new Fast Flames set by sickleyield,  where she sets the Flight of Stairs ablaze.  Dangererous situation,    can practically hear the alarm bells.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

I'm glad you liked it. :)  Fortunately for me nobody has yet complained about the impossible lack of smoke (you can hardly ever SEE flames this extensive because of the fat clouds of smoke they cause) or asked what the heck is actually burning in this concrete stairwell (someone poured gasoline around, I guess?).

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

or asked what the heck is actually burning in this concrete stairwell (someone poured gasoline around, I guess?).

The electrician ate one too many bean burritos for lunch...

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    mjc1016 said:

or asked what the heck is actually burning in this concrete stairwell (someone poured gasoline around, I guess?).

The electrician ate one too many bean burritos for lunch...

Since you said it was a psychic ignition, I assumed it was burning the O2 in the air. No smoke.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I'm glad you liked it. :)  Fortunately for me nobody has yet complained about the impossible lack of smoke (you can hardly ever SEE flames this extensive because of the fat clouds of smoke they cause) or asked what the heck is actually burning in this concrete stairwell (someone poured gasoline around, I guess?).

Smokeless fuel, obviously! wink

edited November 2016

PAs sometimes get notifications from DAZ that an image uploaded to the DAZ gallery has noted that a set of ours has been used (in this case Braeking Waves).  It's always fun to get an email like that out of the blue.  So I clicked through and found this cinematic image by Manne titled "Put your hands in the Air".  Check it out in the gallery full size,  its currently listed in the 24 hour hot list.

edited December 2016

I saw this cool 1950's scifi b-movie inspired classic scene titled "Our first Summer in Roswell"  by James W. Rook over on the SM Poser gallery,  putting my 1950's Motel to good use.  I definitely like the vintage aging postwork of the old photograph. 

my.smithmicro.com/poser-photo-gallery.html#67

ourfirstsummer-JamesWRook.jpg
    873 x 527 - 173K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,591

...that is good. 

• Saw this as promo image of hte Last Chance Gas Station in the new Ice Snow and Ash shader set in the the new releases today.  The end is near!  Get some beer!

edited December 2016

I saw this forum thread  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1851741/#Comment_1851741  ;

started by JCThomas talking about the "Gate of Dawn" Graphic Novel currently available through Amazon and other Fine book outlets.  Both the 1950's Motel and the Last Chance Gas Station make an appearance.  It's a good read!  There's a video trailer to check out in the link above.

gatesofDawn.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 254K
    lastchancegas-gates.jpg
    650 x 392 - 59K
    edited December 2016

Saw this new image by Joepingleton in the Daz Gallery,  the Licorne is anchored or icejammed in a snowy bay against the "SecludedShoreline" which struggles to survive the elements  of a "Let it Snow" event while the paladin looks on.  I'm enjoying these experiments.  

edited December 2016

Saw this as promo image of hte Last Chance Gas Station in the new Ice Snow and Ash shader set in the the new releases today.  The end is near!  Get some beer!

Noticed that the Ice and Ash set is gone from the store now.  It had another really interesting mid winter promo shot of the Last Chance Gas.  Dedicated to the blizzard like conditions outside my window right now.

snowpopup_3-daz3d.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 469K
  • Just saw this render of the 1950's Motel in the ArtStudio section of the forums here.  It's part of a collection of images posted today by David.nae... done with the Thea render.  I'm posting the link too  cause its worth having a look at the awesome art in the thread.  Lots of models showcased.   I'm going research THEA now. 

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/135506/npr-renders-of-daz-model-1#latest

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Just saw this render of the 1950's Motel in the ArtStudio section of the forums here.  It's part of a collection of images posted today by David.nae... done with the Thea render.  I'm posting the link too  cause its worth having a look at the awesome art in the thread.  Lots of models showcased.   I'm going research THEA now. 

I really like this one. Great POV and weather effects.