[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• MelanieL said:
    Nath said:
    MelanieL said:

I don't suppose this will work on Optitex dynamic clothing, will it? (I'm sort of guessing not, but has anyone tried?)

No idea, but you can always try to dforce it.

Yes I've successfully dForce'd a few items to a G8F, but not all of them work well. I've also had some success just parenting then Optitex-draping. I just wondered what would happen if I tried to convert them. I've not (yet) bought this particular converter (I have all the other upward-converters released so far) but I plan to grab it before the intro discount goes, so I'll soon be able to try myself and see what happens.

I have not tried @MelanieL.  I would expect it can convert them, but I don't know if there would be any special issues.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158
    MelanieL said:
    Nath said:
    MelanieL said:

I don't suppose this will work on Optitex dynamic clothing, will it? (I'm sort of guessing not, but has anyone tried?)

Yes I've successfully dForce'd a few items to a G8F, but not all of them work well. I've also had some success just parenting then Optitex-draping. I just wondered what would happen if I tried to convert them. I've not (yet) bought this particular converter (I have all the other upward-converters released so far) but I plan to grab it before the intro discount goes, so I'll soon be able to try myself and see what happens.

I have not tried @MelanieL.  I would expect it can convert them, but I don't know if there would be any special issues.

Well I picked up the Converter last night so I'll be able to try it and see! (I haven't time to play today but tomorrow maybe)

MelanieL said:
    MelanieL said:
    Nath said:
    MelanieL said:

Well I picked up the Converter last night so I'll be able to try it and see! (I haven't time to play today but tomorrow maybe)

Ah, well that experiment can be described as a non-starter. The files are .daz files, which of course the converter won't touch. (And incidentally I can't even get the Optitex dynamics to load in DS4.11, which has problems with older .daz files as reported elsewhere)

I tried loading a couple of Optitex dynamic items onto a V4 in DS4.6 (which is installed on my PC as well as the DS4.11 Beta) then saving as Dynamic Clothing presets (hence .duf files) but back in DS4.11 the converter won't recognise them as clothing at all - it says they are scene subsets? Anyway, I can dForce them onto a G8F fairly well, so I've dropped them for now.

On the bright side, I'm currently converting my (non-Optitex) clothing collection and I'm very pleased with (most of) the results so far smiley

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

@MelanieL can I ask how you get the Optitex clothes to even show up in DAZ 4.11? I've tried to usse them but they don't show up the rigging shows in the scene tab but no clothes in the viewport/stage area

carrie58 said:

@MelanieL can I ask how you get the Optitex clothes to even show up in DAZ 4.11? I've tried to usse them but they don't show up the rigging shows in the scene tab but no clothes in the viewport/stage area

As I mentioned, I can't get the rigged ones (e.g. dresses) to load at all in DS4.11 (I think the prop ones loaded OK). Instead, I loaded them into DS4.6 then saved as a Dynamic Clothing preset .duf's. I can then load these in DS4.11 except that the rig shows up as grey boxes, which I hide. Then I set them to dForce Dynamic and fiddle with the surface settings until they drape well.

edited February 2019

To get back on track (i.e. RSSY Clothing Converter from V4 to G8F): here are a couple of ex-RDNA clothing sets by Arki (I love her style and colours) now in store here at Daz, which I was rather pleased with.

For the Ocean Queen Dragon-Rider set I used the loincloth setting for the jacket (the rest is just basic bodysuit)

For the Lotus Gown underskirt and overskirt I used the Dress setting, and for the belt (which has a waistband with one long panel down the front) I used loincloth.

G8F-Ocean-Queen.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 317K
    G8F-Lotus-Gown.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 422K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited February 2019

PS: Did I remember to mention that I love these converter products! Thank you so much, RS and SY! heart (And roll on the M4->G8M version?)

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MelanieL said:

To get back on track (i.e. RSSY Clothing Converter from V4 to G8F): here are a couple of ex-RDNA clothing sets by Arki (I love her style and colours) now in store here at Daz, which I was rather pleased with.

For the Ocean Queen Dragon-Rider set I used the loincloth setting for the jacket (the rest is just basic bodysuit)

For the Lotus Gown underskirt and overskirt I used the Dress setting, and for the belt (which has a waistband with one long panel down the front) I used loincloth.

Those look great!  I like the Ocean Queen Dragon Rider especially.

• MelanieL said:

PS: Did I remember to mention that I love these converter products! Thank you so much, RS and SY! heart (And roll on the M4->G8M version?)

You're welcome!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited February 2019

I think I'm doing something wrong here.  I'm trying to convert Elf Age Light (https://www.daz3d.com/elf-age-light).

I set my output directory, then click Choose Directory and go to G:\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Libraries\Character\4blueyes_ElfAgeLight     [my Daz Studio is installed on my SSD drive].  It finds the CR2 files.

I select those files and clicked Execute from Selected.  The script runs and does not ask me to choose General Weight Mapping and then completes without converting anything.

What am I doing wrong?  I've had this problem with other generation clothing conversions as well.

Clothing Converter V4-G8 01.jpg
    796 x 798 - 177K
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • dracorn said:

I think I'm doing something wrong here.  I'm trying to convert Elf Age Light (https://www.daz3d.com/elf-age-light).

I set my output directory, then click Choose Directory and go to G:\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Libraries\Character\4blueyes_ElfAgeLight     [my Daz Studio is installed on my SSD drive].  It finds the CR2 files.

I select those files and clicked Execute from Selected.  The script runs and does not ask me to choose General Weight Mapping and then completes without converting anything.

What am I doing wrong?  I've had this problem with other generation clothing conversions as well.

It looks like the metadata is not reporting this properly.  I would know better if I saw the log.  However, SELECT both CHECKED items and click Force Convert Item(s).

Force converting did work, thank you, though the fit was very loose.  Here's the log.

txt
    txt
    Clothing Converter.txt
    2M
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    dracorn said:

Force converting did work, thank you, though the fit was very loose.  Here's the log.

Could you please show the render, to see this loose fit.

I have noticed, that if the cloth has many different morphs, one can improve fit a lot by applying such morphs.

Do not forget, that this converter is an automatic solution,

so it will not miraculously fix all fit problems.

• Artini said:
    dracorn said:

I have noticed, that if the cloth has many different morphs, one can improve fit a lot by applying such morphs.

@Dracorn, as @Artini says, the first thing you do is tighten up the conversion using the Tighten All morph.  We made the conformers slightly big to make sure they covered everything but we expect you to use the morphs to get the perfect fit.

• kimhkimh Posts: 386

I've started converting some things and I must say that I am loving this. I did find that when I tried many of the things that I was not getting results but force convert worked admirably so I am not overly concerned. Please tell me you are working on an M4 version. So many of my favourite male items are for M4

• kimh said:

I've started converting some things and I must say that I am loving this. I did find that when I tried many of the things that I was not getting results but force convert worked admirably so I am not overly concerned. Please tell me you are working on an M4 version. So many of my favourite male items are for M4

I am glad you like it!  For the latest updates on what I am working on, you should watch my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RiverSoftArt/

edited February 2019
    Artini said:
    dracorn said:

@Dracorn, as @Artini says, the first thing you do is tighten up the conversion using the Tighten All morph.  We made the conformers slightly big to make sure they covered everything but we expect you to use the morphs to get the perfect fit.

Here's what it looks like before using any of the morphs:

After playing around with the morphs plus the adjustments that come with Elf Age, I did achieve better-looking hip straps than before.  There is some warping in the front of the panty, though, along with some space between the lower belly and the straps.

The side view shows the space between the cup and the breast.

The back of the panty looks good - no wrinkle in the back.  There is some warping in the back of the bra strap.

I'll play around with it some more - I have Fit Control along with SY's Clothing Fit Helper.  Between all these morphs, I should be able to make a good fit.  Thanks for pointing out the Tighten All - for the life of me, I didn't see that morph.  

Clothing Converter V4-G8 02.jpg
    866 x 867 - 84K
    Clothing Converter V4-G8 03.jpg
    861 x 863 - 83K
    Clothing Converter V4-G8 04.jpg
    866 x 866 - 80K
    Clothing Converter V4-G8 05.jpg
    861 x 865 - 74K
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • dracorn said:
    Artini said:
    dracorn said:

Here's what it looks like before using any of the morphs:

After playing around with the morphs plus the adjustments that come with Elf Age, I did achieve better-looking hip straps than before.  There is some warping in the front of the panty, though, along with some space between the lower belly and the straps.

The side view shows the space between the cup and the breast.

The back of the panty looks good - no wrinkle in the back.  There is some warping in the back of the bra strap.

I'll play around with it some more - I have Fit Control along with SY's Clothing Fit Helper.  Between all these morphs, I should be able to make a good fit.  Thanks for pointing out the Tighten All - for the life of me, I didn't see that morph.  

Glad I could help.  The outfit looks really good.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

I purchased this when it came out but still have not used it, I was just wondering would it work on Aikobot 2 and Bot Armor?

• I have used the product extensively, but suddenly it is causing DAZ to crash. I used DIM to uninstall and reinstall.  I attempted to use it again and once more it crashed DAZ.  When I uninstall next time, is there any places I should look to remove any residual parts of the program so that I can get a clean install?

Thanks.

• whfield said:

I have used the product extensively, but suddenly it is causing DAZ to crash. I used DIM to uninstall and reinstall.  I attempted to use it again and once more it crashed DAZ.  When I uninstall next time, is there any places I should look to remove any residual parts of the program so that I can get a clean install?

Thanks.

Do you know what changed?  (OS?  Daz Studio?  Other?).  When is it crashing? (i.e., can it even start or is it during conversion?)  What does the log say?  I would search everywhere for duplicate files, that seems to be biggest culprit.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    edited February 2019
    jedijudd said:

I purchased this when it came out but still have not used it, I was just wondering would it work on Aikobot 2 and Bot Armor?

I have neither of those products.  Can anyone else comment?

(Edit: Looking at their product pages... you will probably have to turn off smoothing to look good)

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Good Day, 

The basic script starts as normal, but when I select an item to convert the script hangs.  The window to select the weight mapping does not appear and DAZ stalls.  My MAC OS is has not updated.  I did update Flash Player, but  I'm not sure that would have any bearing on your script.  After reinstalling, when I go to convert a cr2 file, I now get the message "No clothing file detected."  It does not matter what I attempt to convert.  I keep getting the same message.  

The log shows that it skips the item.  

Is there a way to create a clean install and attempt this again?

thanks

• whfield said:

Good Day, 

The basic script starts as normal, but when I select an item to convert the script hangs.  The window to select the weight mapping does not appear and DAZ stalls.  My MAC OS is has not updated.  I did update Flash Player, but  I'm not sure that would have any bearing on your script.  After reinstalling, when I go to convert a cr2 file, I now get the message "No clothing file detected."  It does not matter what I attempt to convert.  I keep getting the same message.  

The log shows that it skips the item.  

Is there a way to create a clean install and attempt this again?

thanks

Have you tried selecting the checked item and clicking "Force Convert"?  What does the log say?

• RiverSoftArt, 

Thank you for your patience.  I went to replicate the error that I had and your program worked flawlessly as before. Thank you for quality products and superior support.

• whfield said:

RiverSoftArt, 

Thank you for your patience.  I went to replicate the error that I had and your program worked flawlessly as before. Thank you for quality products and superior support.

Weird.  I am so happy you got it working.  You are welcome.

Hope you don't mind a bit more spamming with images! I'm so delighted to be able to reuse my old V4 clothing. I've found I need to force convert a lot of things (far more than work fully automatically) but that's not a real hardship for me as I'm doing all my conversions in attendance (not leaving a massive run to work by itself).

Here's the old Blood Bound/Barbarian Princess done up with Iray shaders - needed some tightening but worked well (the hood is actually dForce draped)

Then there's Moroccan Dreams/Kamal - the skirt area ia so much better than autofit. The sleeves might be better dForce'd but I haven't tried that yet.

And here's Constance - now I need to get cracking on the M4 version to give her a Musketeer boyfriend.

BloodBound-BarbarianPrincess1-Iray.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 517K
    G8F-Moroccan-Kamal-A.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 476K
    G8F-Constance-A.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 503K
    MelanieL said:

Hope you don't mind a bit more spamming with images! I'm so delighted to be able to reuse my old V4 clothing. I've found I need to force convert a lot of things (far more than work fully automatically) but that's not a real hardship for me as I'm doing all my conversions in attendance (not leaving a massive run to work by itself).

Here's the old Blood Bound/Barbarian Princess done up with Iray shaders - needed some tightening but worked well (the hood is actually dForce draped)

Then there's Moroccan Dreams/Kamal - the skirt area ia so much better than autofit. The sleeves might be better dForce'd but I haven't tried that yet.

And here's Constance - now I need to get cracking on the M4 version to give her a Musketeer boyfriend.

Those look really great @MelanieL!  I had to add Blood Bound to my wishlist because of you! cheeky

MelanieL said:

Those look really great @MelanieL!  I had to add Blood Bound to my wishlist because of you! cheeky

Makes a change for me to cost you money (at least potentially)! devil

MelanieL said:
    MelanieL said:

Makes a change for me to cost you money (at least potentially)! devil

LOL. laugh