[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

I've been trying to convert an clothing and it's getting a lot of really weird deformations.

It seems to be due to the way it reassigns the bones seems to be deforming it like crazy when it converts it over. That and there seems to be strange deformations in the armpit as a result of the transfer.

A lot of the issue seems to be the way the bones are assigning the faces.

Any idea how to fix this?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372

I've been trying to convert an clothing and it's getting a lot of really weird deformations.

It seems to be due to the way it reassigns the bones seems to be deforming it like crazy when it converts it over. That and there seems to be strange deformations in the armpit as a result of the transfer.

A lot of the issue seems to be the way the bones are assigning the faces.

Any idea how to fix this?

I doubt I have an idea how to fix your issue.  There are some clothing items that just don't work.  Posting pictures might help though.

https://i.imgur.com/44CzFZw.png

Here's an image.

edited March 2019

Here's an image.

Thanks.  Yes, I don't think this can be fixed.  Sickleyield made the conformers to "pull" the clothes into the shape for G8.  However, they assume a "normal"-ish shape.  They can grab the wrong parts though if the clothes hang differently, which from the picture I think is true of this item (without the figure it is a little hard to tell).

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Here's an image.

Thanks.  Yes, I don't think this can be fixed.  Sickleyield made the conformers to "pull" the clothes into the shape for G8.  However, they assume a "normal"-ish shape.  They can grab the wrong parts though if the clothes hang differently, which from the picture I think is true of this item (without the figure it is a little hard to tell).

Yeah. I was afraid of that. The front section in the original V4 is mapped to the neck not the torso.

I'll probably have to find out how to redo the weight maps, while the deformation under the armpits, only real way I can think of it fix it would be to export it to blender, manually resculpt the area, and update the geometry...

Here's an image.

Yeah. I was afraid of that. The front section in the original V4 is mapped to the neck not the torso.

I'll probably have to find out how to redo the weight maps, while the deformation under the armpits, only real way I can think of it fix it would be to export it to blender, manually resculpt the area, and update the geometry...

Wow.  That would be a lot of work.  surprise  I just accept somethings aren't convertable.

Here's an image.

Wow.  That would be a lot of work.  surprise  I just accept somethings aren't convertable.

Not an option when it's either that or "break out Zbursh and make my own".

Here's an image.

Not an option when it's either that or "break out Zbursh and make my own".

You are obviously an expert Daz user smiley  

• AuroratrekAuroratrek Posts: 201

I'm having a problem with the collar of this outfit. Is there a way to make RSSY "forget" to morph the collar when G8's neck twists?

collar problem.png
    584 x 533 - 387K

I'm having a problem with the collar of this outfit. Is there a way to make RSSY "forget" to morph the collar when G8's neck twists?

No.  The conformer pulls the V4 clothes to where G8F would like them.  You can try different conformers (for example, cape) to see if that does a better job.

edited April 2019

No.  The conformer pulls the V4 clothes to where G8F would like them.  You can try different conformers (for example, cape) to see if that does a better job.

Do you (or anyone) know of a way in Daz to keep the collar from morphing/conforming to the movements of the character? I was able to edit the Twist on the collar of a V4 clothing item in Poser (moving its area of effect away from the collar, so that it was essentially "off") when I had a very similar problem, but not sure how to do it in Daz. Is there a way to "lock" the collar in place, or lock the rotation?

collar problem.png
    584 x 533 - 387K
    Post edited by Auroratrek on

Do you (or anyone) know of a way in Daz to keep the collar from morphing/conforming to the movements of the character? I was able to edit the Twist on the collar of a V4 clothing item in Poser (moving its area of effect away from the collar, so that it was essentially "off") when I had a very similar problem, but not sure how to do it in Daz. Is there a way to "lock" the collar in place, or lock the rotation?

I don't know how.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited April 2019

Hopefully someone will have an easy way to do this using rigidity or some such, but in the worst case scenario, you can always use this old fallback:  apply the part of the outfit that's distorting twice, once converted and once autofitted (or even just parented to the figure's body and positioned to match if even autofit distorts it) then hide the distorted parts on the converted outfit and hide everything except that part on the other (you may need to use the geometry editor to do this if the surfaces aren't set up to do it easily.)  If the blend division is noticeable in the final render, you can either recolor those areas with a matching shader or fix it in post, where the content aware healing brush in Photoshop will usually fix it.   

Post edited by Cybersox on
    Cybersox said:

Hopefully someone will have an easy way to do this using rigidity or some such, but in the worst case scenario, you can always use this old fallback:  apply the part of the outfit that's distorting twice, once converted and once autofitted (or even just parented to the figure's body and positioned to match if even autofit distorts it) then hide the distorted parts on the converted outfit and hide everything except that part on the other (you may need to use the geometry editor to do this if the surfaces aren't set up to do it easily.)  If the blend division is noticeable in the final render, you can either recolor those areas with a matching shader or fix it in post, where the content aware healing brush in Photoshop will usually fix it.   

Thanks, but unfortunately I need this for animation, so post work, or a method that doesn't move correctly is not an option.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,738
    Artini said:

This time iray render of Gia8 with converted items from:

Noctia Corset from FK-Noctia
    Choker, Gloves, Skirt and Slippers from FK-MagicSense2014
    All by Fabiana.

Also used GlowFi hair - https://www.daz3d.com/glowfi-hair-for-genesis-3

Just bought the GlowFi Hair and it seems to use an incredible amount of memory - it's more or less impossible to use with 8GB RAM. Can anyone else confirm that? See post here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4524671/#Comment_4524671

• Just got this yesterday and set it on my large library.  Ran fine for a while last night, then it did a couple more this morning.  Then it stopped working.  It loads up each checked item in turn, but then just goes on to the next one - no more confirmation checks and no more outputed products.

Just got this yesterday and set it on my large library.  Ran fine for a while last night, then it did a couple more this morning.  Then it stopped working.  It loads up each checked item in turn, but then just goes on to the next one - no more confirmation checks and no more outputed products.

What does the log say?  Are you able to reconvert items you converted before?

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

I have recently bought this product and tried using it on the All that Jazz dress. The skirt seems to cling to the legs.

I used the Convert Dress former Please can you tell me what I did wrong. I want the skirt to flare out. 

Jazzdressproblem.jpg
    890 x 711 - 126K
    sueya said:

I have recently bought this product and tried using it on the All that Jazz dress. The skirt seems to cling to the legs.

I used the Convert Dress former Please can you tell me what I did wrong. I want the skirt to flare out. 

If you used the dress conformer, there should be bones added to the lower dress so you can flare it out.

sueya said:

If you used the dress conformer, there should be bones added to the lower dress so you can flare it out.

How do I use the bones?
    sueya said:
    sueya said:

How do I use the bones?

You navigate in the scene hierarchy to Hip->Pelvis, select one of the bone handles, and use the Bend/Twist/Side-Side controls

Queen of Hearts Dress Handle.jpg
    1662 x 1331 - 387K
  • Yes, stuff I converted before can be converted again - that's still working.

Here's the log from a piece that's not working.

09:49:41 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Executing Script
    09:49:41 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/02 - DK Corset V4.cr2
    09:49:42 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/02 - DK Corset V4.cr2
    09:49:42 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/02 - DK Corset V4.cr2
    09:49:42 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"
    09:49:42 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Converting clothing from D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/02 - DK Corset V4.cr2 to C:/Users/thist/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/people/Genesis 8/Female/Clothing/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/02 - DK Corset V4.duf
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): 02 - DK Corset V4 (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/03 - DK Belt V4.cr2
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/03 - DK Belt V4.cr2
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/03 - DK Belt V4.cr2
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Converting clothing from D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/03 - DK Belt V4.cr2 to C:/Users/thist/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/people/Genesis 8/Female/Clothing/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/03 - DK Belt V4.duf
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): 03 - DK Belt V4 (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/05 - DK Overskirt V4.cr2
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/05 - DK Overskirt V4.cr2
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/05 - DK Overskirt V4.cr2
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Converting clothing from D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/05 - DK Overskirt V4.cr2 to C:/Users/thist/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/people/Genesis 8/Female/Clothing/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/05 - DK Overskirt V4.duf
    09:49:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): 05 - DK Overskirt V4 (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory
    09:49:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/06 - DK Collar V4.cr2
    09:49:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/06 - DK Collar V4.cr2
    09:49:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/06 - DK Collar V4.cr2
    09:49:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"
    09:49:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Converting clothing from D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/06 - DK Collar V4.cr2 to C:/Users/thist/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/people/Genesis 8/Female/Clothing/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/06 - DK Collar V4.duf
    09:49:45 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): 06 - DK Collar V4 (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory
    09:49:45 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/07 - DK Wristcuffs V4.cr2
    09:49:45 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/07 - DK Wristcuffs V4.cr2
    09:49:45 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/07 - DK Wristcuffs V4.cr2
    09:49:45 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"
    09:49:45 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Converting clothing from D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/07 - DK Wristcuffs V4.cr2 to C:/Users/thist/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/people/Genesis 8/Female/Clothing/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/07 - DK Wristcuffs V4.duf
    09:49:45 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): 07 - DK Wristcuffs V4 (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory
    09:49:46 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

I started this with loading directory D:\Daz DIM purchaces\Runtime\Libraries\Character - and then only checking the V4 items.  Was that a bad place to start?

Yes, stuff I converted before can be converted again - that's still working.

Here's the log from a piece that's not working.

09:49:41 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Executing Script
    09:49:41 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/02 - DK Corset V4.cr2
    09:49:42 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/02 - DK Corset V4.cr2
    09:49:42 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/02 - DK Corset V4.cr2
    09:49:42 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"
    09:49:42 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Converting clothing from D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/02 - DK Corset V4.cr2 to C:/Users/thist/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/people/Genesis 8/Female/Clothing/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/02 - DK Corset V4.duf
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): 02 - DK Corset V4 (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/03 - DK Belt V4.cr2
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/03 - DK Belt V4.cr2
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/03 - DK Belt V4.cr2
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Converting clothing from D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/03 - DK Belt V4.cr2 to C:/Users/thist/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/people/Genesis 8/Female/Clothing/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/03 - DK Belt V4.duf
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): 03 - DK Belt V4 (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/05 - DK Overskirt V4.cr2
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/05 - DK Overskirt V4.cr2
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/05 - DK Overskirt V4.cr2
    09:49:43 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Converting clothing from D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/05 - DK Overskirt V4.cr2 to C:/Users/thist/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/people/Genesis 8/Female/Clothing/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/05 - DK Overskirt V4.duf
    09:49:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): 05 - DK Overskirt V4 (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory
    09:49:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/06 - DK Collar V4.cr2
    09:49:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/06 - DK Collar V4.cr2
    09:49:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/06 - DK Collar V4.cr2
    09:49:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"
    09:49:44 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Converting clothing from D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/06 - DK Collar V4.cr2 to C:/Users/thist/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/people/Genesis 8/Female/Clothing/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/06 - DK Collar V4.duf
    09:49:45 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): 06 - DK Collar V4 (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory
    09:49:45 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/07 - DK Wristcuffs V4.cr2
    09:49:45 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/07 - DK Wristcuffs V4.cr2
    09:49:45 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/07 - DK Wristcuffs V4.cr2
    09:49:45 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"
    09:49:45 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Converting clothing from D:/Daz DIM purchaces/Runtime/Libraries/Character/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/07 - DK Wristcuffs V4.cr2 to C:/Users/thist/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/people/Genesis 8/Female/Clothing/AK DragonKeeper/DK Outfit/07 - DK Wristcuffs V4.duf
    09:49:45 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): 07 - DK Wristcuffs V4 (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory
    09:49:46 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

I started this with loading directory D:\Daz DIM purchaces\Runtime\Libraries\Character - and then only checking the V4 items.  Was that a bad place to start?

No, that was fine.  If you notice, the metadata for these items is bad: "DK Collar V4 (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory"  You can try selecting them and force convert.  Otherwise, you should resave them so they have good metadata.

I have finally managed to get a good result with this clothing converter. I converted the Bunny Dazed outfit. The girl on the left is wearing the top with the trousers from Dforce casual closet for genesis 8 females and the girl on the right is wearing the top,skirt, shoes and legwarmers. 

sueya said:

I have finally managed to get a good result with this clothing converter. I converted the Bunny Dazed outfit. The girl on the left is wearing the top with the trousers from Dforce casual closet for genesis 8 females and the girl on the right is wearing the top,skirt, shoes and legwarmers. 

Thank you for sharing.  You mentioned you "finally" managed to get a good result.  What was the problem?  Was there something we can improve?

sueya said:

Thank you for sharing.  You mentioned you "finally" managed to get a good result.  What was the problem?  Was there something we can improve?

It's not so much that there is a problem with the product. I have struggled to get the hang of using the handles to pose the skirts. I also learnt that it is wise not to increase the "Mesh smoothing" too much as it can prevent skirts from flaring out. They cling to the legs instead.

sueya said:
    sueya said:

It's not so much that there is a problem with the product. I have struggled to get the hang of using the handles to pose the skirts. I also learnt that it is wise not to increase the "Mesh smoothing" too much as it can prevent skirts from flaring out. They cling to the legs instead.

Ah!  Thanks for clarifying.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,429

I don't know if this has been asked yet, there are so many threads for these wonderful products.  It's a bit of an odd question - 

Suppose I get all of the "Convert X to Genesis 8 Female" products.  Then I get the "Convert Genesis 8 Female Clothes to Genesis 3 Female" product.  Can I then take all the stuff I converted to 8 and convert those to 3?  

Or looking ahead, do you think I would be able to convert all my newly converted Gen 8 products to Gen 9 when/if the converters come out for that?

I don't know if this has been asked yet, there are so many threads for these wonderful products.  It's a bit of an odd question - 

Suppose I get all of the "Convert X to Genesis 8 Female" products.  Then I get the "Convert Genesis 8 Female Clothes to Genesis 3 Female" product.  Can I then take all the stuff I converted to 8 and convert those to 3?  

Or looking ahead, do you think I would be able to convert all my newly converted Gen 8 products to Gen 9 when/if the converters come out for that?

You should be able to, but it wouldn't be as good as a direct Convert X to Gen9.  This is because each conversion introduces errors, similar to how making a copy of a copy (of a copy, etc) with a photocopier is much worse.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,429

You should be able to, but it wouldn't be as good as a direct Convert X to Gen9.  This is because each conversion introduces errors, similar to how making a copy of a copy (of a copy, etc) with a photocopier is much worse.

That makes sense.  Thanks!