[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• No error.  It just doesn't recognize it because the extension ends in .daz instead of .duf.

By any chance, if you use Add Files (you may have to turn off Check Content Type option) button, can you add it and force it?

Hmmm, I will try that when I get a chance tonight when I get home.  I will let you know what I was able to do.

Thanks again for this awesome product!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050

It's Optitex dynamic clothing, not regular conforming clothing. That's probably the problem.

• Leana said:

It's Optitex dynamic clothing, not regular conforming clothing. That's probably the problem.

That might be it.  I can't even load it in to force a convert.  And, if I load it into Daz Studio 4.12, it's distorted.  I believe now the only way to use this is with an older version of Daz.

• Leana said:

That might be it.  I can't even load it in to force a convert.  And, if I load it into Daz Studio 4.12, it's distorted.  I believe now the only way to use this is with an older version of Daz.

Ok, that makes sense.  I have only been using DS for 3 years so some of this older stuff still surprises me smiley

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,091

Well, you do some good work considering that point!

Dana

• DanaTA said:

Well, you do some good work considering that point!

Dana

Thank you.  I have a *lot* of experience programming which helps. smiley

• sueyasueya Posts: 826
    edited December 2019

I have successfully converted the Dark Rose for v4 and a4 and Papillon Dreams outfits. I didn't manage to convert the boots for Dark Rose, but may have another go when I have more time. 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    edited December 2019
    sueya said:

I have successfully converted the Dark Rose for v4 and a4 and Papillon Dreams outfits. I didn't manage to convert the boots for Dark Rose, but may have another go when I have more time. 

Thank you very much for sharing @sueya!

edited December 2019

I finally succeeded in converting the Dark Rose boots. I found the secret was to use the foot pose. I also successfully converted the Jubilee Dress and retextured it in green check.

edited December 2019
    sueya said:

I finally succeeded in converting the Dark Rose boots. I found the secret was to use the foot pose. I also successfully converted the Jubilee Dress and retextured it in green check.

Yes, the foot pose dialog is the way to make footwear work.  Thank you again @sueya for sharing.

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 363

Would it be possible to add support for .crz files? They work, but they are not included in the default file selection filter or when adding a directory.

• Omniflux said:

Would it be possible to add support for .crz files? They work, but they are not included in the default file selection filter or when adding a directory.

Ok, I will look into it.

• Omniflux said:

Ok, I will look into it.

I believe I have added it, but I don't seem to have any .crz files for clothing.  I will submit the update after RSSY Clothing Converter from Generation 4 to Genesis 3 comes out (I need to update it too).

edited January 2020
    Omniflux said:

Ok, I will look into it.

I believe I have added it, but I don't seem to have any .crz files for clothing.  I will submit the update after RSSY Clothing Converter from Generation 4 to Genesis 3 comes out (I need to update it too).

Submitted for testing.  Also, the M4 version and the Generation 4 to G3 version.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • I just bought RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female a couple of days ago and cannot get this to work. I read the manual and tried different things but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

I have tried converting Town and Country for genesis which is in the Michael 5 starter bundle (which is free) I got an error with the duf file of "No clothing items found" even though I had "Check content" unchecked.  Is this because it's a Genesis item?

I just bought RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female a couple of days ago and cannot get this to work. I read the manual and tried different things but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

I need more information.  What error are you getting?

sueya said:

I have tried converting Town and Country for genesis which is in the Michael 5 starter bundle (which is free) I got an error with the duf file of "No clothing items found" even though I had "Check content" unchecked.  Is this because it's a Genesis item?

When you uncheck "Check Content", you need to use "Add Files..." not "Add Directory"

• The BrigThe Brig Posts: 81
    edited April 2020

After installing, reinstalling, resetting the database, and even going so far as to reinstall Studio to make sure the paths were all proper and set to default, I get the warning at the bottom. "Conformer not found."

I'm running the script with the G8 figure selected and it appears on my list of items to convert, but that seems to be what's confusing things. Do I keep it included with the list of things to convert? What should be my next step?

V4 to G8F screenshot.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 351K
    Post edited by The Brig on
    The Brig said:

After installing, reinstalling, resetting the database, and even going so far as to reinstall Studio to make sure the paths were all proper and set to default, I get the warning at the bottom. "Conformer not found."

I'm running the script with the G8 figure selected and it appears on my list of items to convert, but that seems to be what's confusing things. Do I keep it included with the list of things to convert? What should be my next step?

Please delete the first item in your list.  Instead of a valid conformer, it has been filled it in with C:/Users.../Genesis 8 Basic Female.duf.  The other ones in the list have a valid conformer identified: Converter Bodysuit, Converter Cape.

• RitaCelesteRitaCeleste Posts: 625

I fubarred it the first time.  I kept at it and got some amazing results from items I could not do very well myself.  The biggest thing is, I had taken a 2 year break from Daz Studio.  These products drew me back in a little.  I have bought so much stuff in the past, I felt kinda buried in stuff I needed to fit and sort and catagorize.  I have been less than pleased by some tools being only for merchants too.  It seemed like everytime I got what I needed to make characters, there was a new model and everything I had was old now.  I'm on a budget, it takes a long time to get things together.  But with the products RiverSoft and Sickleyeild put out, I finally did upgrade to Gen 8.  I feel less pressure to fit shoes and feel great about just fitting things on an as needed basis.  I am finally going to go build some characters, secure that I can get them dressed in anything I own and want to put them in.  This kinda made a huge difference for me.  My family thinks I just like sorting files and fitting shoes. Ironicly its the thing I hate most, but I lost a computer and the drive on the new one, so doing it again. But maybe I can think about making some art or building a character too. It means I'm more productive and have more time with my family cause everything can get done better and quicker. You guys are the best!!!!

I fubarred it the first time.  I kept at it and got some amazing results from items I could not do very well myself.  The biggest thing is, I had taken a 2 year break from Daz Studio.  These products drew me back in a little.  I have bought so much stuff in the past, I felt kinda buried in stuff I needed to fit and sort and catagorize.  I have been less than pleased by some tools being only for merchants too.  It seemed like everytime I got what I needed to make characters, there was a new model and everything I had was old now.  I'm on a budget, it takes a long time to get things together.  But with the products RiverSoft and Sickleyeild put out, I finally did upgrade to Gen 8.  I feel less pressure to fit shoes and feel great about just fitting things on an as needed basis.  I am finally going to go build some characters, secure that I can get them dressed in anything I own and want to put them in.  This kinda made a huge difference for me.  My family thinks I just like sorting files and fitting shoes. Ironicly its the thing I hate most, but I lost a computer and the drive on the new one, so doing it again. But maybe I can think about making some art or building a character too. It means I'm more productive and have more time with my family cause everything can get done better and quicker. You guys are the best!!!!

Thank you very much! laugh

Please delete the first item in your list.  Instead of a valid conformer, it has been filled it in with C:/Users.../Genesis 8 Basic Female.duf.  The other ones in the list have a valid conformer identified: Converter Bodysuit, Converter Cape.

That helped. I thought that was the trick. Now I only have to figure out why the shoulder straps on all my converted stuff are up over the character's ears...

It's a new look, though. Maybe I'll start a trend or something. Thanks for the reply.

The Brig said:

That helped. I thought that was the trick. Now I only have to figure out why the shoulder straps on all my converted stuff are up over the character's ears...

It's a new look, though. Maybe I'll start a trend or something. Thanks for the reply.

If you are talking about looseness, there are a ton of helper morphs to fix things like that.  The helper morphs are in the Parameters pane, below Actor->Converter Morphs (see Figure 10).  Adjusting the Tighten All morph and turning on Smoothing can fix most issues. 

If you are talking about shoulder armor becoming all bendy, that cannot be fixed.  

If you are talking about looseness, there are a ton of helper morphs to fix things like that.  The helper morphs are in the Parameters pane, below Actor->Converter Morphs (see Figure 10).  Adjusting the Tighten All morph and turning on Smoothing can fix most issues. 

If you are talking about shoulder armor becoming all bendy, that cannot be fixed.  

I was having problems with bodysuits and coats and such, not armor or props that were supposed to be stiff. So far nothing I can do fixes the problem--all my V4 outfits look like they were morphed to fit Wilt Chamberlain while the actual characters are Tom Cruise--but I do have to give you props for putting in the hard work to get this program together. Even if it doesn't work for me, I salute your creativity and technical savvy.

The Brig said:

I was having problems with bodysuits and coats and such, not armor or props that were supposed to be stiff. So far nothing I can do fixes the problem--all my V4 outfits look like they were morphed to fit Wilt Chamberlain while the actual characters are Tom Cruise--but I do have to give you props for putting in the hard work to get this program together. Even if it doesn't work for me, I salute your creativity and technical savvy.

Can you post some images?  and what outfits?  SY or I can see if we have them and what we get.

• mavantemavante Posts: 734

When you convert a V4 clothing item to G8, what do all y'all do about textures (Materials) that came with, or were made by a third party for, that item? Is there any way to get the textures (Materials) "synced" with the newly converted G8 item, so that when you navigate to the converted item in Smart Content, the textures that go with them appear there as "Materials"?

I hope what I'm asking is making some sort of sense. For example, when I go to a product for G8 Females in Smart Content, such as "dForce Iconic Dress for Genesis 8 Female(s),"   there are two twirly-down things listed: "Wardrobe" and "Materials." Does the converter collect the original V4 materials and do anything with them, or do they still reside in the original Poser files locations?

mavante said:

When you convert a V4 clothing item to G8, what do all y'all do about textures (Materials) that came with, or were made by a third party for, that item? Is there any way to get the textures (Materials) "synced" with the newly converted G8 item, so that when you navigate to the converted item in Smart Content, the textures that go with them appear there as "Materials"?

I hope what I'm asking is making some sort of sense. For example, when I go to a product for G8 Females in Smart Content, such as "dForce Iconic Dress for Genesis 8 Female(s),"   there are two twirly-down things listed: "Wardrobe" and "Materials." Does the converter collect the original V4 materials and do anything with them, or do they still reside in the original Poser files locations?

They still reside in the original poser files locations (not costing any more disk space).  Any smart content for the Files (not the Products tab) still works.

• RitaCelesteRitaCeleste Posts: 625

When I converted Key's Leathers they were a little loose but I scaled it down, made sure it was set collide, it was. I scaled as far as it would allow and correct. It fitted a little loose on the collarbones. but it was close enough and I thought fitting tighter would change the neckline in a less favorable way.  There does seem to be some looseness around the collarbones on some models. But I am not sure all files were set to fit the default V4 and not a morphed character add on. I decided to do a bunch of Arki's old V4 files.  The Malik overpants actually worked! The top overskirt On Glacerial Queen gets garbled as it is so far from the body.  I can fit that and parent it pretty quick. But the dress is perfect.  Way better than anything I can do.  Some loinclothes did not make it, but I am going to try it again and tell it they are loincloths.  I did a batch and these files don't identify well.  V4 files are the hardest to work with.  I did a ton of hair with the hair converters and G1, G2, G3 were so easy.  But these products are so worth their weight in gold for the shoe dialogue and all the files they did perfectly and so fast.  I had a few hair models I had to adjust and parent in place.  I will study the manual, I know I am messing up there myself.  In the old days that was how you did it, lol.  I have gotten more files fitted to G8 with your products than I had gotten done in years with G3.  I am going to convert more files, and make a shoe folder and get good at using that. I love that so much.  It really does work well and it cut my workload drasticly to just let it take a crack at those files first.

When I converted Key's Leathers they were a little loose but I scaled it down, made sure it was set collide, it was. I scaled as far as it would allow and correct. It fitted a little loose on the collarbones. but it was close enough and I thought fitting tighter would change the neckline in a less favorable way.  There does seem to be some looseness around the collarbones on some models. But I am not sure all files were set to fit the default V4 and not a morphed character add on. I decided to do a bunch of Arki's old V4 files.  The Malik overpants actually worked! The top overskirt On Glacerial Queen gets garbled as it is so far from the body.  I can fit that and parent it pretty quick. But the dress is perfect.  Way better than anything I can do.  Some loinclothes did not make it, but I am going to try it again and tell it they are loincloths.  I did a batch and these files don't identify well.  V4 files are the hardest to work with.  I did a ton of hair with the hair converters and G1, G2, G3 were so easy.  But these products are so worth their weight in gold for the shoe dialogue and all the files they did perfectly and so fast.  I had a few hair models I had to adjust and parent in place.  I will study the manual, I know I am messing up there myself.  In the old days that was how you did it, lol.  I have gotten more files fitted to G8 with your products than I had gotten done in years with G3.  I am going to convert more files, and make a shoe folder and get good at using that. I love that so much.  It really does work well and it cut my workload drasticly to just let it take a crack at those files first.

Thank you for sharing and the kind words!  laugh  I am so glad you like my products! 

When the clothing items are converted, a lot of helper morphs are added to address fit issues.  The helper morphs are in the Parameters pane, below Actor->Converter Morphs).  Adjusting the Tighten All morph and turning on Smoothing can fix most issues.  Otherwise, there a lot of additional morphs you can use to tweak the fit.