[Released] dForce Magnet [Commercial]

Comments

• eshaesha Posts: 3,227
    edited January 2019
    gerster said:

But I don‘t get the point of that product. I have https://www.daz3d.com/powerful-dforce-discoveries-and-solutions where this technic is also explained. You can use any primitive as a dforce magent. So... what is the big benefit on this product?
    Don‘t get my wrong, I think there is a benefit. That‘s why I‘m asking ;)

I don't know what method they use. In those screenshots I see a square piece of fabric tied to a sphere, it doesn't show how it works with skirts or other rigged items.
    Our dForce Magnet can be applied to all dForce stuff (clothes, hair, and whatever else you can dForce) and the script will create the Magnet precisely where it needs to be, taking into account the base geometry regardless of any draping, morphing or posing that's going on in your scene.

Our Magnet also doesn't require any weight map painting or any other procedure that might mess up the setup of the clothing item. And when you want to disable a Magnet you can just make it invisible and the fabric will drape as usual, without the Magnet applied. That makes it easy to experiment with different variations. And if you decide you won't need a Magnet after all you can just delete it without leaving any traces in the dForce item.

You can use as many Magnets as you like in one go. And they are incredibly easy to set up: It's just one click to select the vertex and a double click to call up the script smiley

Post edited by esha on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

In my meager 4+ years of experience, I've found there are very few things in DS I can do myself that aren't done faster with one of RSA's scripts. Not to mention, done as well, if not better. I'm sure if I studied RGcincy's methods, I could figure out a way to get the same results, but I see no reason to spend the time when this script makes it fast and easy. (Especially as I now have another program to learn, MD8!)

I am already impatient for this to hit the store, and I only learned about it a few hours ago!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,782

Stop raiding my bank account! Stop it right now!

• L'Adair said:

In my meager 4+ years of experience, I've found there are very few things in DS I can do myself that aren't done faster with one of RSA's scripts. Not to mention, done as well, if not better. I'm sure if I studied RGcincy's methods, I could figure out a way to get the same results, but I see no reason to spend the time when this script makes it fast and easy. (Especially as I now have another program to learn, MD8!)

I am already impatient for this to hit the store, and I only learned about it a few hours ago!

Thanks @L'Adair blush

• Hylas said:

Stop raiding my bank account! Stop it right now!

It's not a raid if you give us the key! smiley (considering you avatar picture I thought this was appropriate cheeky)

• Looking forward to this????
  • rorsdors said:
    Looking forward to this????

Why the question marks?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

dForce Magic! Another insta-buy!! yes

• fastbike1 said:

*Magnet*, not *Magic* (though it is magical laugh)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162
    esha said:
    gerster said:

But I don‘t get the point of that product. I have https://www.daz3d.com/powerful-dforce-discoveries-and-solutions where this technic is also explained. You can use any primitive as a dforce magent. So... what is the big benefit on this product?

I don't know what method they use. In those screenshots I see a square piece of fabric tied to a sphere, it doesn't show how it works with skirts or other rigged items.
    Our dForce Magnet can be applied to all dForce stuff (clothes, hair, and whatever else you can dForce) and the script will create the Magnet precisely where it needs to be, taking into account the base geometry regardless of any draping, morphing or posing that's going on in your scene.

Our Magnet also doesn't require any weight map painting or any other procedure that might mess up the setup of the clothing item. And when you want to disable a Magnet you can just make it invisible and the fabric will drape as usual, without the Magnet applied. That makes it easy to experiment with different variations. And if you decide you won't need a Magnet after all you can just delete it without leaving any traces in the dForce item.

You can use as many Magnets as you like in one go. And they are incredibly easy to set up: It's just one click to select the vertex and a double click to call up the script smiley

It sounds like it is using the dForce dynamic add-on technique. I've played with dForce dynamic add-ons for holding parts of garments together. I used the Daz sample script for creating the add-on from selected vertices. This tool sounds like a clever new use. I look forward to it! Sure, like Richard says, I could probably do something like this myself, but a premade tool sounds very useful.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,903

A question: Once "grabbed" the cloth it can be released later? For example the char pinches a towel, drags it away from a table and then let it drop to the floor.

• surodysurody Posts: 261
    Imago said:

A question: Once "grabbed" the cloth it can be released later? For example the char pinches a towel, drags it away from a table and then let it drop to the floor.

Looking at the videos it should be possible.

• surody said:
    Imago said:

Looking at the videos it should be possible.

Unfortunately, dForce does not allow ANY changes during a simulation (i.e., the handle cannot be hidden again or dynamic properties changed on the timeline) so it cannot be released.  sad

Esha in her manual provides a clever solution for tracking where the handle would be when it is off so you can fake it but it is more work.

• barbult said:
    esha said:
    gerster said:

It sounds like it is using the dForce dynamic add-on technique. I've played with dForce dynamic add-ons for holding parts of garments together. I used the Daz sample script for creating the add-on from selected vertices. This tool sounds like a clever new use. I look forward to it! Sure, like Richard says, I could probably do something like this myself, but a premade tool sounds very useful.

Yes, the script is a new use of the dForce dynamic add-on technique.  We hope everyone will like it!

Nope, meant magic wink. Providing scripts and Esha's mad skill, and a pdf. Magic

• fastbike1 said:

Nope, meant magic wink. Providing scripts and Esha's mad skill, and a pdf. Magic

Ah!  Thanks. smiley

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Will definitely buy, don’t really use dForce I guess I kinda forget about it, I use the clothes though lol 

• dkgoose said:

Will definitely buy, don’t really use dForce I guess I kinda forget about it, I use the clothes though lol 

Glad to hear it!  It really is cool smiley

• I cant wait for this one. Very excited to try it out.

• This is definitely another "must" buy, which fills a niche that is a constant source of agravation for me.  Trust me, though, I will try to break your script...

Imago said:

You can, in a way. You need to move the Magnet downwards until it's near the floor. In the sim it will look as if the cloth was falling by itself. It might require some trial and error to find the optimal speed for the movement to make it look natural.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,903
    esha said:

It might require some trial and error to find the optimal speed for the movement to make it look natural.

Way more than you could imagine, sadly... I already tried something like those magnets some time ago (a simple prop stuck on the cloth) and always had the same "hooked looking" bit on the moving part. It happens because the part still hangs on something and to avoid that you should reach a falling speed higher than the gravity. At that point the effect is totally unnatural.

• I cant wait for this one. Very excited to try it out.

This is definitely another "must" buy, which fills a niche that is a constant source of agravation for me.  Trust me, though, I will try to break your script...

Thanks!  We can't wait until it comes out.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Once again. Wow!

• Sigurd said:

Once again. Wow!

Thanks smiley

Imago said:
    esha said:

It might require some trial and error to find the optimal speed for the movement to make it look natural.

Way more than you could imagine, sadly... I already tried something like those magnets some time ago (a simple prop stuck on the cloth) and always had the same "hooked looking" bit on the moving part. It happens because the part still hangs on something and to avoid that you should reach a falling speed higher than the gravity. At that point the effect is totally unnatural.

There is a workaround: Basically you export the draped clothing, import it and start a new simulation, without the Magnet added, starting at the frame where the first one stopped. There is a little more to it to make it work perfectly but it can be done.

Hmmm... I might need to make another video for it smiley

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Now I'm presuming it isn't Daz Soon.

I'm hoping it's really, really soon?

• RainRain Posts: 335

I just bought the hair converter for female hair and I won’t be home for three weeks to play with it and now you come out with this?  Not nice, RiverSoftArt.  I’m supposed to be enjoying my vacation, not being anxious to get home to play with your wonderful products.  

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I think I love you.

Laurie