[Released] dForce Magnet [Commercial]

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

This looks wonderful  though I have a question.  if someone was to use a character for pulling deforce hair,  would this work for deforce hair as well?  can you grab and pull hair like this hair set  https://www.daz3d.com/classic-long-curly-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females

I seem to have a lot of issues when animating deforce specially hair sets. mostly running out of GPU memory issues does this use a lot of GPU?  I'm using 980ti's

Thanks

• eshaesha Posts: 3,229
    edited January 2019

I've just bought this product and look forward to using it. However, because I don't use any installers but always load into my Directories manually, can you suggest what area I should load it to, or where it would go, if left to install on its own?

It's a script. If left to install on its own, it will install itself into Scripts > RiverSoft Art. There it will make a subfolder for the Magnet and its accessories.

Post edited by esha on
  • eshaesha Posts: 3,229
    edited January 2019
    Ivy said:

This looks wonderful  though I have a question.  if someone was to use a character for pulling deforce hair,  would this work for deforce hair as well?  can you grab and pull hair like this hair set  https://www.daz3d.com/classic-long-curly-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females

Yes, that works. We even have a promo with exactly that curly hair on the product page smiley

But be aware that the curly hair is slow to simulate even on quite powerful systems. ... which has nothing to do with the Magnet, it's just that it has a lot of geometry to process.

Post edited by esha on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

Thank you Esah .. you just sold me on it.. smiley

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162

Does it install properly with Daz Connect? (i.e. does the script work when installed with Daz Connect?)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited January 2019

Cool, not "Daz Soon". laugh

This looks to be far superior to the old cloth handles and props we had with Optitex (which took SOOO much work it was rarely worth the effort in the end). With the current state of dForce (kinda poor), we need this and other tools like it.

I'm on a content diet, but I can't afford not to buy this.

Agree.

Oh, and thank you for putting what products were used.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

The “Daz Soon” term makes me feel so old, lmao, although I did visit the plat club forum much more those days, the sneak peak forums were always fun, now I dont see any reason to pop in there lol, but ya, we would get a pic or hint about something new coming and they’d say soon, and months or even longer we’d eventually see it in the store lol

edited January 2019
    barbult said:

Does it install properly with Daz Connect? (i.e. does the script work when installed with Daz Connect?)

Well, I thought I'd just try it and see if it would work. So far, not so good, I tried to view the PDF and I tried to view the video from the Content Library/Products section, by double clicking on the dsa thumbnails for those resources. I got these errors:

2019-01-28 15:40:40.334 Loading script: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide pdf.dsa
    2019-01-28 15:40:40.335 WARNING: Script Error: Line 2
    2019-01-28 15:40:40.335 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'MainWindow.getPaneMgr().findPane("DzContentLibraryPane").getSelectedContainer().getFullPath' [undefined] is not a function.
    2019-01-28 15:40:40.335 WARNING: Stack Trace:
    <anonymous>()@N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide pdf.dsa:2
    2019-01-28 15:40:40.336 Error in script execution: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide pdf.dsa
    2019-01-28 15:40:52.828 Loading script: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide video.dsa
    2019-01-28 15:40:52.829 WARNING: Script Error: Line 2
    2019-01-28 15:40:52.829 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'MainWindow.getPaneMgr().findPane("DzContentLibraryPane").getSelectedContainer().getFullPath' [undefined] is not a function.
    2019-01-28 15:40:52.829 WARNING: Stack Trace:
    <anonymous>()@N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide video.dsa:2
    2019-01-28 15:40:52.829 Error in script execution: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide video.dsa

Edit: The good news: The magnet itself seems to work when the product is installed with Daz Connect. I haven't tried all the other settings yet, but generally it is scripts that have the most trouble with Daz Connect installation.

Could you please as Daz for a script sample that works with Daz Connect to launch the documentation?

Post edited by barbult on

Here is my first trivial test. I put a magnet in the center of a plane draped over a sphere.

dForce Magnet cloth drape viewport.jpg
    2588 x 1942 - 436K
    dForce Magnet cloth drape.jpg
    1980 x 1485 - 426K
  • barbult said:
    Could you please as Daz for a script sample that works with Daz Connect to launch the documentation?

There is one http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/general_ui/display_document_dynamic/start

barbult said:

There is one http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/general_ui/display_document_dynamic/start

Does that work with files installed with Daz Connect? The script in the product doesn't use anything as fancy as that sample.

• RainRain Posts: 335
    barbult said:

Here is my first trivial test. I put a magnet in the center of a plane draped over a sphere.

Looks good.  Was it easy to do?

spuffy said:
    barbult said:

Yes, very easy, once I manually navigated to the user guide and was able to view it. Just follow the instructions. I do have a lot of experience with dForce and animated drapes with the timeline, though. If you've never done any of that, it might be a little slower for you to get up to speed. But esha explains it all, so just follow her directions.

• barbult said:
    barbult said:

Does that work with files installed with Daz Connect? The script in the product doesn't use anything as fancy as that sample.

It is designed to, yes - I can't test that though.

edited January 2019

I rendered a little movie of my magnet dragging my cloth (just a plane with dForce Modifier Dynamic Surface) over a sphere. I can't attach it. It is mp4 and the uploader says it is not allowed. crying I'll have to find a place to host it.

I uploaded my movie to DropBox. Does this work? How can I link it so it shows in the message here?

barbult said:
    barbult said:

Thanks. I hope RiverSoftArt and esha will update the product scripts to use that sample so it works with Daz Connect. It is frustrating to not be able to use the script link to the documentation.

• barbult said:

Thanks for sharing!

• barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

Thanks. I hope RiverSoftArt and esha will update the product scripts to use that sample so it works with Daz Connect. It is frustrating to not be able to use the script link to the documentation.

Unfortunately, a modified version of that script (without the v4.8 stuff) is already in all my scripts, so this isn't the problem.

• barbult said:
    barbult said:

Well, I thought I'd just try it and see if it would work. So far, not so good, I tried to view the PDF and I tried to view the video from the Content Library/Products section, by double clicking on the dsa thumbnails for those resources. I got these errors:

2019-01-28 15:40:40.334 Loading script: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide pdf.dsa
    2019-01-28 15:40:40.335 WARNING: Script Error: Line 2
    2019-01-28 15:40:40.335 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'MainWindow.getPaneMgr().findPane("DzContentLibraryPane").getSelectedContainer().getFullPath' [undefined] is not a function.
    2019-01-28 15:40:40.335 WARNING: Stack Trace:
    <anonymous>()@N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide pdf.dsa:2
    2019-01-28 15:40:40.336 Error in script execution: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide pdf.dsa
    2019-01-28 15:40:52.828 Loading script: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide video.dsa
    2019-01-28 15:40:52.829 WARNING: Script Error: Line 2
    2019-01-28 15:40:52.829 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'MainWindow.getPaneMgr().findPane("DzContentLibraryPane").getSelectedContainer().getFullPath' [undefined] is not a function.
    2019-01-28 15:40:52.829 WARNING: Stack Trace:
    <anonymous>()@N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide video.dsa:2
    2019-01-28 15:40:52.829 Error in script execution: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Daz Connect Data/data/cloud/1_58367/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide video.dsa

Edit: The good news: The magnet itself seems to work when the product is installed with Daz Connect. I haven't tried all the other settings yet, but generally it is scripts that have the most trouble with Daz Connect installation.

I am glad it works!

• barbult said:

I rendered a little movie of my magnet dragging my cloth (just a plane with dForce Modifier Dynamic Surface) over a sphere. I can't attach it. It is mp4 and the uploader says it is not allowed. crying I'll have to find a place to host it.

I uploaded my movie to DropBox. Does this work? How can I link it so it shows in the message here?

I saw it.  Looks good!

barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

Unfortunately, a modified version of that script (without the v4.8 stuff) is already in all my scripts, so this isn't the problem.

Why does Daz Connect have to be such a pain? crying 

I guess you've done what you can. I wonder why some products' scripts work to open documentation and others' don't. I don't know enough about Daz script to analyze the difference. I'll just have to access the magnet docs manually or uninstall and install with DIM. I hate having to manage two installation methods and keep track of what won't work with Daz Connect. 

Enough griping - back to magnet playing!!!

• barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

Why does Daz Connect have to be such a pain? crying 

I guess you've done what you can. I wonder why some products' scripts work to open documentation and others' don't. I don't know enough about Daz script to analyze the difference. I'll just have to access the magnet docs manually or uninstall and install with DIM. I hate having to manage two installation methods and keep track of what won't work with Daz Connect. 

Enough griping - back to magnet playing!!!

Sorry about the inconvenience.  Believe me, if I knew what to do, I would do it!

barbult said:
    spuffy said:
    barbult said:

Yes, very easy, once I manually navigated to the user guide and was able to view it. Just follow the instructions. I do have a lot of experience with dForce and animated drapes with the timeline, though. If you've never done any of that, it might be a little slower for you to get up to speed. But esha explains it all, so just follow her directions.

I’ve played a bit with dForce and have had a fair amount of success, I’m excited to try this out when I get home in three looooooong weeks ;-)

barbult said:

I saw it too.  Looks like fun.

• spuffy said:
    barbult said:
    spuffy said:
    barbult said:

I’ve played a bit with dForce and have had a fair amount of success, I’m excited to try this out when I get home in three looooooong weeks ;-)

laugh

• I've wanted something like this for so long (the manual way is rediculous)!! But I'm doing something wrong. When i follow the PDF steps, i know all of the steps and how to do them. Only thing i see wrong in the chain is that the magnet is loading in like a half a screen away from the fabric. In the vid i watched, it shows the magnet appearing directly on the selected vertex. Like... its touching. I've even manually moved the magnet to its vertex in the starting frame (no joy). When i similate, the magnet stretches and keeps stretching until it turns into a spear (instead of keeping its shape and pulling the fabric along in the timeline). Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Also, when I run the Guide scripts, i get an error message. I'm able to open the PDF from the file location, but the video guide just opens DAZ, since its a DAZ file. The only current Youtube videos just show what i already went through, except that their magnets appear on the selected vertex. I'm a little lost guys and this is NOT a product i want to continue being lost on. I NEED IT!

PS: thanks for making a tool that should have long been in DAZ. Hope i get to play with it!

edited January 2019

Here is my first "real" dForce Magnets scene. I used 4 magnets - two where the duvet goes into the dog's mouth (one on top surface and one on bottom surface) and two on the other corner that I wanted pulled back and toward the ground. The Euro Apartment duvet was already set up for dForce. I didn't have any problems with explosions or anything like that. Thank goodness for the 4.11 denoiser. I stopped this render after an hour. It was only 5% converged.

Get Up!

Euro Apt Sleeping In_006 SOx3-4 dForce Magnets.jpg
    2600 x 1600 - 2M
    edited January 2019
    barbult said:
    spuffy said:
    barbult said:

barbult said:

Here is my first "real" dForce Magnets scene. I used 4 magnets - two where the duvet goes into the dog's mouth (one on top surface and one on bottom surface) and two on the other corner that I wanted pulled back and toward the ground. The Euro Apartment duvet was already set up for dForce. I didn't have any problems with explosions or anything like that. Thank goodness for the 4.11 denoiser. I stopped this render after an hour. It was only 5% converged.

Get Up!

This is awesome!  You’re killing me here, I want to play with this program too.  

Post edited by Rain on
  • zpearce08 said:

I've wanted something like this for so long (the manual way is rediculous)!! But I'm doing something wrong. When i follow the PDF steps, i know all of the steps and how to do them. Only thing i see wrong in the chain is that the magnet is loading in like a half a screen away from the fabric. In the vid i watched, it shows the magnet appearing directly on the selected vertex. Like... its touching. I've even manually moved the magnet to its vertex in the starting frame (no joy). When i similate, the magnet stretches and keeps stretching until it turns into a spear (instead of keeping its shape and pulling the fabric along in the timeline). Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Also, when I run the Guide scripts, i get an error message. I'm able to open the PDF from the file location, but the video guide just opens DAZ, since its a DAZ file. The only current Youtube videos just show what i already went through, except that their magnets appear on the selected vertex. I'm a little lost guys and this is NOT a product i want to continue being lost on. I NEED IT!

PS: thanks for making a tool that should have long been in DAZ. Hope i get to play with it!

Hmmm.  Which version of Daz are you using?  Have you tried it with a simple plane?  Can you post the log from when you create the magnet?

• barbult said:

Get Up!

That's a great render and a great idea for using the dForce Magnet!