Auto Face Enhancer Assigning Materials Preset PDF

pdf
    pdf
    Auto Face Enhancer Assigning Materials Preset.pdf
    6M
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Thanks, DM. You're dedicated!

• Hello DMaster,

When I saw your product i purchased immediately, but I also im disappointed that it doesnt work as expected :(... I would like to use meshes in 3dsMax and have a HIREZ face with a lowerez body... but when u apply AFE to a custom character Im also see artifacts..how can I smooth this out? also when the mesh is exported with OBJ.. the face and head get the same Mat ID making it VERY hard to apply textures in 3dsmax...this does not happen if u export to fbx.. but I need OBJ to work. see pics.. i cant have smooth hirez.. appears very blocky on some parts of the face.

thanks

Nildo

Smoothing Issues.JPG
    997 x 910 - 171K
    Smoothing Issues02.JPG
    932 x 833 - 66K
    Smoothing Issues03.JPG
    932 x 836 - 68K
    edited August 2019

Hello DMaster,

When I saw your product i purchased immediately, but I also im disappointed that it doesnt work as expected :(... I would like to use meshes in 3dsMax and have a HIREZ face with a lowerez body... but when u apply AFE to a custom character Im also see artifacts..how can I smooth this out? also when the mesh is exported with OBJ.. the face and head get the same Mat ID making it VERY hard to apply textures in 3dsmax...this does not happen if u export to fbx.. but I need OBJ to work. see pics.. i cant have smooth hirez.. appears very blocky on some parts of the face.

thanks

Nildo

You'll have to wait until the free sub-d upgrade is released, it would seem. But DM is working on it, and I think it will be amazing when completed.

Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • Thanks Leonides... the tool sure is VERY promising.. I have been trying to get wrinkles on my characters like forever without having to resort to animated wrinkle maps... and this AFE show a lot of promise now doubt.. especially in my case where I need Sub-d 0 Body and Subd 1 at least for the face.

Nildo

• DMasterDMaster Posts: 410

Hello DMaster,

thanks

Nildo

1- Export as 1 OBJ. so AFE is part off the body.

2 - AFE artifacts - if the character geometry is overstretching + under shrinking too much then the geometry normal will have artifacts. It is the limitation unless u export it out smooth it and import back in as smoother morphs for your custom character.

DMaster said:

2 - AFE artifacts - if the character geometry is overstretching + under shrinking too much then the geometry normal will have artifacts. It is the limitation unless u export it out smooth it and import back in as smoother morphs for your custom character.

Are you saying this will be an issue even with sub-d implementation?

If so, could you describe the process for exporting and smoothing? 

Working on the HD SD3. Spent the last 2 weeks figuring out how to get HD Morph to work with AFE.  I see now why Daz3d release HD per characters. It is looking really good, just taking too long to create the morphs. All those purchased AFE female you will be in for a treat. Lost 2 weeks on one bad vertex in this geometry. The best part is knowing how to fix it NOW!

sample AFE v1.jpg
    1600 x 864 - 618K
    DMaster said:

Working on the HD SD3. Spent the last 2 weeks figuring out how to get HD Morph to work with AFE.  I see now why Daz3d release HD per characters. It is looking really good, just taking too long to create the morphs. All those purchased AFE female you will be in for a treat. Lost 2 weeks on one bad vertex in this geometry. The best part is knowing how to fix it NOW!

Damn! That does look good! Can't wait!!!

• asdf123asdf123 Posts: 167
    DMaster said:

Damn! That does look good! Can't wait!!!

Going back to your previous post, with this update, will we need to export and reimport? I'm having wrinkle problems when combining character morphs (some of them are HD, but I dial that out...)

• DMaster said:

Hello DMaster,

thanks

Nildo

1- Export as 1 OBJ. so AFE is part off the body.

Hi DMaster...i dont understand your explanation... if I export my custom mesh as OBJ using normal 2 step subdivision I dont have the artifacts like AFE for example..

I also have the same question as Leonides.. pleass explain the "smoothing" process

Nildo

DMaster said:
    Hi DMaster...i dont understand your explanation... if I export my custom mesh as OBJ using normal 2 step subdivision I dont have the artifacts like AFE for example..

I also have the same question as Leonides.. pleass explain the "smoothing" process

Nildo

1-The "smoothing" process is beyond the scope here. however, it is something like this. Thanks, Coffee Art for Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugdhxgo_wGU

Treat the AFE like a cloth that conform to the face. note. AFE does already added mesh smooth to many characters.

2-Like all morphs, if you add too much it will distort the geometry.

DMaster said:
    DMaster said:

Nildo

1-The "smoothing" process is beyond the scope here. however, it is something like this. Thanks, Coffee Art for Youtube.

Treat the AFE like a cloth that conform to the face. note. AFE does already added mesh smooth to many characters.

Ok, but will we need to do that for the one that is compatible with sub-d?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited August 2019

Is there a time frame for the release of AFE for G8M?

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    DMaster said:
    DMaster said:

Nildo

Ok, but will we need to do that for the one that is compatible with sub-d?

I certainly hope we won't have to do that. 

AFE will have it own HD morphs. All HD on G8F must stay on G8F. Note AFE is an enhancement on the face area.

I am creating skin Layer, Skin bump Layer, Lips bump, and skin wrinkle layer. You can dial-in these HD level in to get the look that you want on the AFE mesh. Must turn on Sub D to see.

I am still testing and creating the HD morphs. I can see actual skin moving with wrinkle HD maps. Giving ZBrush level with added skin animation in Daz3d.

Still testing and refining the morphs. HD is big and making life a bit slow. I can only do subs level 3 (AFE sub3 = G8F sub 5) on AFE to speed up the process.

here is a quick test skin morph on AFE. Yes, I need to fix up the puppy skin. 

About the AFE Male. Almost finish. I have to create new facial morphs for him to make it unique. 2-3 weeks. 

sample AFE v2.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 1M
  • wteeningwteening Posts: 89
    DMaster said:

AFE will have it own HD morphs. All HD on G8F must stay on G8F. Note AFE is an enhancement on the face area.

I am creating skin Layer, Skin bump Layer, Lips bump, and skin wrinkle layer. You can dial-in these HD level in to get the look that you want on the AFE mesh. Must turn on Sub D to see.

I am still testing and creating the HD morphs. I can see actual skin moving with wrinkle HD maps. Giving ZBrush level with added skin animation in Daz3d.

Still testing and refining the morphs. HD is big and making life a bit slow. I can only do subs level 3 (AFE sub3 = G8F sub 5) on AFE to speed up the process.

here is a quick test skin morph on AFE. Yes, I need to fix up the puppy skin. 

About the AFE Male. Almost finish. I have to create new facial morphs for him to make it unique. 2-3 weeks. 

It looks awesome, looking forward to both the update of the female version and the release of the male version. Good luck on finishing them both!

OK, really looking forward to the update! laugh

looks great

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

looks great

+1

Got SubD 4 going on AFE. Here is the 1st skin layer.

sample AFE v3.jpg
    1178 x 1220 - 567K

Amazing detail!

• Any updates DMaster? Really looking forward to the male version!

Yes, I was sort of looking forward to the male version too.

• No news for almost two months... Is this product still being worked on?

wteening said:

No news for almost two months... Is this product still being worked on?

I've waited September & half of October for the update of the female version & the male version. I guess it's harder than he thought to do subD 4 with such details on the face.

I, too, am eagerly awaiting a news / update. I hope DMaster is still out there. This product showed a lot of promise. 

• Last active one and a half months ago, too bad. I hope he just got fed up with the product and everything is alright with him.

My Bad. Climed a ladder and fall 2 story. On the way down grab the edges of the concrete block wall. The left-hand tendons on 4 fingers were cut right off. After landing on the ground I was admiring the squirting blood from my middle finger. Out for 12 weeks. I am back now, punching in on the keyboard here. I will finish this. going over what I did last.