Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

Comments

• DMasterDMaster Posts: 410

so if i get this right, not all morphs are supported by AFE? And you have to create your own smoothers for them? 

Is there perhaps a way to automate the creation of smoothers using a script?

One day. I Am looking into it. For now, you do have quite a bit of character to play with.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

so if i get this right, not all morphs are supported by AFE? And you have to create your own smoothers for them? 

Just as a point of clarification: I believe you only need the shell / smoother to add the HD skin details. DMaster has said the new HD expression wrinkles are built directly into the G8 mesh. 

Right?

Just as a point of clarification: I believe you only need the shell / smoother to add the HD skin details. DMaster has said the new HD expression wrinkles are built directly into the G8 mesh. 

Right?

Yes, HD is on the G8. Yes, the AFE shell add is for skin details.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited February 2020

The issue I had with the duplicate errors ahs been fixed (a couple of days ago) by an update to the AFE HD expressions.

Thusm a test:

All with same lighting, same pose, etc., only chnages to adding the AFE, and percentage of (teh same) options dialled in.  Figure and base materials are all from Rhogue HD by Mousso.  All done with SubD set to 4 (for G8F and AFE where used).

First off, the basic figure:

Then with AFE added, and some 'basic' details dialled in at 75%

Finally, aa above, but with 100% of the same details dialled in

Rhogue_SD4_AFE0.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 1M
    Rhogue_SD4_AFE1_0.75.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 1M
    Rhogue_SD4_AFE1_0.100.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by SimonJM on
    edited February 2020
    SimonJM said:
    Finally, aa above, but with 100% of the same details dialled in

She looks stronger at the end. 

Just a note. Save your skin details setting per character. Load them up when you do a final render.

Also for the HD expression.

1- don't work in the Sub-4 level to set up all your animation expressions. If you do. Daz3d will load up all the HD morphs in to RAM each time you load morphs. slow down the computer.

2-I work in Sub-0 to do my animation. Sub-2 to preview. and sub-3 to render. Sub-4  I only use when I need that close-up shot. remember whatever sub-d you are at it will load up that level morphs. The more morphs that get activated (when you select+move the slider) the more memory ram have to hold. Save work file at sub-d 0. Close Daz3d to remove the RAM. Open and load the file again the morphs now load in Sub-d 0 when you play the animation or the slider.

3-Now you can start baking the Skin Details at Sub-d 4 to normal maps for that real-time render needs.

Best

D.Master

Post edited by DMaster on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

I do the setup in the base SubD stuff loads in, and use the Render SubD Level setting to have it render at the desired level.

SimonJM said:

I do the setup in the base SubD stuff loads in, and use the Render SubD Level setting to have it render at the desired level.

Awesome.

one of the users have said

Sometimes there's some " distortions" on eyes and teeth , but I discovered that I can fix it with " eyes rim " and  "mouth defintion " . 

if anyone can narrow down the specific morphs as you play with it. Let me know so I may fix it.  Thank you.

DMaster what is the difference between the AFE Master Controller and AFE Power Pose sliders?

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

I am contemplating getting the G8M Bundle today during this sale. Is it working right (all the bugs worked out)?

Sigurd said:

I am contemplating getting the G8M Bundle today during this sale. Is it working right (all the bugs worked out)?

For me, yes.

edited February 2020

DMaster what is the difference between the AFE Master Controller and AFE Power Pose sliders?

Each character you load has a dif facial morph level to the face.

These master buttons control the percentage of the overall AFE morphs.

let's say you created an animation sequence for Anna and like to add that sequence animation to Betty.

When you do the Morphs may be too high or too low. Now you control the OVERALL % = THE Master controller.

note:

AFE power pose control the % in the Power pose

AFE Master control all expressions and Power pose

Sigurd said:

Be confident with Daz3d. We do a pretty good job of making sure no bugs are sold on the market. We only add an update or two to make things better.

A new update for the Male Skin Details is in the works, along with a set of 3d facial scars. But these new will be in 3 to 4 weeks.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Thank you for the feedback. I will get it and try my hand.

DMaster said:

Each character you load has a dif facial morph level to the face.

These master buttons control the percentage of the overall AFE morphs.

let's say you created an animation sequence for Anna and like to add that sequence animation to Betty.

When you do the Morphs may be too high or too low. Now you control the OVERALL % = THE Master controller.

note:

AFE power pose control the % in the Power pose

AFE Master control all expressions and Power pose

Hmmm. Thank you for the explanation, but I'm still a bit confused. 

What would the effect be if the Master was at 50% and PowerPost at 100%, and vice versa?

I do see how the expressions change based on the Master, but I'm not sure about its relationship with PowerPose.

• i53570ki53570k Posts: 210
    edited February 2020

1. Is AFE geoshell only visible at subD 3 or above?  How much VRAM impact does AFE have on Iray?  I have a 4GB GTX980 and Iray drops to CPU if I dial render subD to 3 with even just one G8 character.

2. Does AFE benefit non-AFE expressions for subD2 characters or below?

Thanks

Post edited by i53570k on
    DMaster said:
    What would the effect be if the Master was at 50% and PowerPost at 100%, and vice versa?

I do see how the expressions change based on the Master, but I'm not sure about its relationship with PowerPose.

These are master dial that controls all the morphs relating to them. At some point playing with them, you will understand. if you don't animate. if you don't copy and past expression from one character to the next then you see no use for these Master Morphs.

1- dial in an HD expression.

2-now go to power pose and add some pose.

3-go back to the slider and adjust the master power pose

4-now if you have an animation. maybe 1000 frames. Be nice to have a slider to control all the Power Pose lever.

-Adjusting the Power pose and the Master slider can help you create that custom expression per character.

-save a pose with (HD happy Master 50%) along with a (nose compression in powerpose 100%) for (JANE) 

-load (JANE) HD happy pose on new character (BETTY) now use the Master to 100% and power pose slider to turn to 50% or 0%  to get that Betty Happy Pose.

edited March 2020
    i53570k said:

1. Is AFE geoshell only visible at subD 3 or above?  How much VRAM impact does AFE have on Iray?  I have a 4GB GTX980 and Iray drops to CPU if I dial render subD to 3 with even just one G8 character.

2. Does AFE benefit non-AFE expressions for subD2 characters or below?

Thanks

1- Use AFE with AFE SKIN DETAILS.  No clue about the VRAM.

AFE is good at subD 4. for only one Skin detail. At subD 4, you'll be pushing any old computer.

AFE Layer 3 Detail 00 sd4 this will be visible at sd4

2-Yes, a bit more details. You don't need to turn it on.

The image below renders with Marmoset Toolkit in 5 sec. on GTX980. I export out with 1G file SubD3 for G8 with AFE skin details.

...take a bit of time to set up the skin. Once finish. I just have to export out to the same OBJ file from Daz3d, the Image just Auto regen on marmoset.

Dianna screenshot000.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M

Wow. I was able to sit down and finally make a final product. Here is Dianna my next character working with Dawn to do some amazing textures. With the quick help of AFE Skin Details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUwm8_Vx5tU&feature=youtu.be

screenshot001.png
    3840 x 2160 - 7M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Why does the AFE for G8F (Auto Face Enhancer and DM PowerPose) have two pose activation dials & the AFE for G8M (AFE PowerPoser) only one? What's the difference? 

Why does the AFE for G8F (Auto Face Enhancer and DM PowerPose) have two pose activation dials & the AFE for G8M (AFE PowerPoser) only one? What's the difference? 

G8F is the new AFE than G8M. Is evolution. As we go on I will add update to each. When I fix the ear in G8M Skin Details Update you will find the Powerpose on the G8M.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    DMaster said:

G8F is the new AFE than G8M. Is evolution. As we go on I will add update to each. When I fix the ear in G8M Skin Details Update you will find the Powerpose on the G8M.

That's good to know. So, there's an update coming. Do you know about how long we'll have to wait for the G8M?

There is a problem.

The AFE Expression for G8F have been defaulted to 'On'. It's easy enough to turn if off & on but customers generally don't expect unrelated products to load with another product turned on as well, in this case AFE for G8F / AFE HD Expressions for G8F is on a 100% for VYK Judy from the Girl 8 Pro Bundle. I'm sure that would be the case for other G8F characters as well.

I haven't tested if that is true also for G8M.

• ECILAECILA Posts: 3

Sorry, for maybe a stupid question, I'm a newby to daz. I bought the 'Auto Face Enhancer Skin HD Details for Genesis 8 Female'. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Is it correct that I have to buy 'Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose for Genesis 8 Female(s)' to make it work?

(Maybe you can mention this on the productpage under 'Required Products'?)

Please let me know. Best regards!

There is a problem.

The AFE Expression for G8F have been defaulted to 'On'. It's easy enough to turn if off & on but customers generally don't expect unrelated products to load with another product turned on as well, in this case AFE for G8F / AFE HD Expressions for G8F is on a 100% for VYK Judy from the Girl 8 Pro Bundle. I'm sure that would be the case for other G8F characters as well.

On or Off, no morph is activated till you express your characters.

ECILA said:

Sorry, for maybe a stupid question, I'm a newby to daz. I bought the 'Auto Face Enhancer Skin HD Details for Genesis 8 Female'. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Is it correct that I have to buy 'Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose for Genesis 8 Female(s)' to make it work?

(Maybe you can mention this on the productpage under 'Required Products'?)

Please let me know. Best regards!

Yes you need the - Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose for Genesis 8 Female(s)

I will put in a request for the  Required Products.

Thank you.

Just a note. Happy to say Auto Face Enhancer let me make Dianna come to life. Happy with the Details and the expression Morphs. Here I mix the Expression with PowerPose and used  AFE Skin Details.

t4sm.jpg
    1907 x 1800 - 729K
    t3sm.jpg
    1412 x 1800 - 528K
    t2sm.jpg
    1412 x 1800 - 556K
    t1sm.jpg
    1733 x 1900 - 483K
    edited March 2020
    DMaster said:

There is a problem.

On or Off, no morph is activated till you express your characters.

That's the problem, most customers don't expect a product they haven't activated to be active when they pose / express their default plain characters, they expect a normal DAZ 3D expression until they explicit activate AFE. However, if DAZ 3D doesn't have a problem with that I don't particularly care one way or another either.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • i53570ki53570k Posts: 210

Is AFE not compatible with Skin Folds & Creases HD?  https://www.daz3d.com/skin-folds--creases-hd-for-genesis-3--8-female

I don't have either product but am interested in both.  In page 5 of this thread Gogger posted a pic where the neck is all wrinkled up wrong and DMater said the morph could be pushed to its limit and AFE needs to be removed.  Skin Folds & Creases HD also has morphs acting on necks and head and I wonder if that were the cause.  Has the AFE neck wrinkle cause been identified and could it be fixed?  If there is a conflict can these two products be made compatible or I need to choose either but not both?

Thanks

i53570k said:

Is AFE not compatible with Skin Folds & Creases HD?  https://www.daz3d.com/skin-folds--creases-hd-for-genesis-3--8-female

I don't have either product but am interested in both.  In page 5 of this thread Gogger posted a pic where the neck is all wrinkled up wrong and DMater said the morph could be pushed to its limit and AFE needs to be removed.  Skin Folds & Creases HD also has morphs acting on necks and head and I wonder if that were the cause.  Has the AFE neck wrinkle cause been identified and could it be fixed?  If there is a conflict can these two products be made compatible or I need to choose either but not both?

Thanks

Auto Face Enhancer is HD on G8. So you can use The HD expression and PowerPose with Skin Folds. The AFE mesh or Geoshell, however, cannot carry the Skinfold morphs because no HD morphs were set up on the AFE geometry.

Note: You only use the AFE geometry when you want to use the AFE Skin details.